Powerless takes place in the DC Universe and follows the adventures of Emily Locke (Vanessa Hudgens) as Director of...

>Powerless takes place in the DC Universe and follows the adventures of Emily Locke (Vanessa Hudgens) as Director of Research & Development at Wayne Security, a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises, that specializes on products for ordinary humans who are poised to be victims of the battles between superheroes and supervillians.

Brace yourselves for the incoming comics

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DG3ORCDEYUE
youtube.com/watch?v=-dpgng9lvc4&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What incoming comics?

That sounds awful.

Also, .

They changed the plot?

Can't they just cancel this and Gotham and do a Gotham Central show instead?

that sounds fun, but it will bomb solely because of how awful Hudgens is
All the supporting characters in the poster have great actors playing them; why didn't they put more effort into searching a better actor for the lead?

I guess Hudgens really gave her best on the casting couch

>The first comedy from DC Comics

What? Wasn't the I5 comedy?

I liked the insurance company angle it originally had. The network obviously has no faith in it since they manufactured the retarded batman connection. I give it 2 seasons, and the second will be cut short.

>The first comedy from DC Comics
What about Flash?

I'm pretty sure the Flash is unintentionally hillarious

>comedy about normie in dc universe
>not about henchmen who work for a new obscure villain every couple of weeks

Is that Wash?

>Vibe
>HR
>Cozy dad scenes

It's mostly intentional

>the insurance company angle
Wouldn't that have just lead to a lot of "fuck you for wrecking my car while fighting Doomsday, Superman! Does that guy have a foundation I can sue?"

No, it is K-2SO.

Honestly, turning it into Better Off Ted clone already seems to give it more range and mileage than trying to do the Office but with metahuman insurance claims.

This.

I would kill for a Sons of Anarchy style show set in Gothams underworld.

Have the series end with them on their knees ready to get shot by some one colorfully dressed but have the face obscured.

Bam fuck you, like ending your series with the main character on the run from the cops on his motorcycle, he decides to lets go of the bike handles and veers into a semi going down the same road his dad died on.

Yeah, it's more like Better Off Ted now

Humor's part of it, not the main focus of it.

>>not about henchmen who work for a new obscure villain every couple of weeks

Its not like we have something like Venture Brothers or anything.

So DC's Damage control?

I still say it should have been 'The Office' set in DC's HQ with Morrison coming in every once in a while and trading intelligible British insults with Alan Moore .

I hope they have a talking dog.

>Better off Ted style

Sold. Honestly surprised Netflix didn't revive it sometimes.

I'm more than ok with that.

youtu.be/DG3ORCDEYUE

It still wouldn't be as good as our "This is SHIELD" ideas.

I would have just preferred a parody of the DC offices. Basically the series would revolve around a bunch of interns slaving around and occasional guest appearances by DC writers and artists. Didio would appear most often and would be an exaggeration of what people think of him, so there'd be like a scene where he whips artists to get them to work faster, meetings with writers and editors regarding a character and all eh says is "let's just kill him/her off" after each writer expresses their idea. Morrison guest appearances would be really surreal and he'd ask the interns for different odd things or show up at meeting in the office at the 30th floor with a helicopter or shit like that.

Already better than Agents of SHIELD

I've never watched Better off Ted.

Is the entire show as good as that clip leads me to believe it is?

The finale is a 2-parter when SBP shows up.

>Now Being Cancelled makes a better off ted clone with Alan trudyk and the face of "six seasons and a movie"
I give it eight episodes

Pretty much.

Didn't this get cancelled due to massive internal strife

The "we need a rape!" episode was hilarious.

But what's the point?

I don't understand the point of realistic stories in esoteric fictional universes.

>with comedian Ron Funches in an new role, and Kate Miccuci and Josh Fadem asWendy and Marvin Harris.

The point is how do normal people survive in this kind of world.

Why do they even try when the possibility is that Batman will drop out of the fucking sky and cripple your ass at best or being horrible disfigured in a way that you then can only lead a life of crime like the Joker at the worst.

The trailer is pretty strange

youtube.com/watch?v=-dpgng9lvc4&feature=youtu.be

"You stood up to Crimson Fox!"

Isn't that like "Boy, you put that fireman who saved your life in his place didn't ya girlfriend? Hi-Five!"

And did Crimson Fox EVER have that level strength?

If you look at the shelf behind Didio's desk, you can see that he has a Dick Grayson voodoo doll. Really neat Easter Egg

Nah more to the angle of that bit from Incredibles but they'd be trying to actually get the claim. So comedy of errors of them trying to get heroes to respond to summons and ending up messing around with their various representatives.

Could have been quite funny.

Now it's just going to winking gaga about Batman shit.

It's NBC, may not even make it to air.

Be like Wonder Woman all over again.

Probably someone telling them no. Happens to a few shows they would like to continue.

Original pilot was scrapped when the showrunner left and the new one thought the insurance company angle was stupid.

The trailer was so ridiculously awful that they turned the show into Better Off Ted.

Is there any network that don't fuck over superhero shows aside from CW and maybe Fox?