Has any cartoon in the last decade accurately parodied a modern anime? It seems like all we get is Sailor Moon, DBZ...

Has any cartoon in the last decade accurately parodied a modern anime? It seems like all we get is Sailor Moon, DBZ, or Speed Racer, and those are nearly 20 to 30 years old.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xvks9zNnNHc
blog.tms-e.co.jp/archives/50522072.html
youtube.com/watch?v=AaNNivgGp4M
youtube.com/watch?v=mlKNFACNMuk
youtube.com/watch?v=2rnwvQgQZNE
youtube.com/watch?v=CWnWwN1z_UM
youtube.com/watch?v=H0Sy6GJAQto
youtube.com/watch?v=VvR0M5-5qcE
youtube.com/watch?v=n_OC-RAm7Qs
youtube.com/watch?v=FckkZihQUaU
youtube.com/watch?v=qzTOQOdYKwY
youtube.com/watch?v=F67mr9BBpG8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Didn't the Simpsons do a thing that had them dressed as one piece, bleach, and attack on titan characters? Otherwise no, because most of their audience wouldn't get the reference.

I remember someone cosplaying as Naruto in the Cleveland show

>Otherwise no, because most of their audience wouldn't get the reference.
Not like that stops Family Guy's 80's references to their 14-year old demographic. They even point out how most of their audience doesn't get their references.

I think South Park's Good Times with Weapons does an okay job.

No, a cartoon could never parody a modern anime because they're too good for any western media to parody. That's why they have to use old shit like you just said in order to make fun of anime, whereas modern anime can easily make fun of modern cartoons because unlike anime cartoons haven't progressed at all.

>It seems like all we get is Sailor Moon, DBZ, or Speed Racer

t. someone who has never watched a single episode of a modern anime

Some would say it's bad progression.

Did you read the OP all the way through? I don't think you understand what's being discussed.

youtube.com/watch?v=xvks9zNnNHc

Get your head out of your taint, user

The only thing they could really do is a Sports anime parody or a harem anime where everyone but the MC and one guy are now girls, and the other guy might be the joke gay option and a pervert who makes the MC look tame.

>Accurate battle scene animated by actual Asian studio
>Characters talk like bad dub 70's kung fu movie
So close.

Modern anime does not have a particularly identifiable flaws that can be easily and funnily pardoied with specific art and sound direction.

You'll need a major plot parody and only a handful of people would get it.

No, it's why Avatar, Korra & Voltron:LD are fuck ups of the industry.
Part 2.

But those shows weren't supposed to be parodies.

Fun fact, TMS was supposed to do this but they ended up rejecting it because TMS wanted to redo the whole thing from scratch, CN ended up using 4C instead.

Kenji Hachizaki was going to directed it if TMS was going to do it.

blog.tms-e.co.jp/archives/50522072.html

Yes, they were, it's why they were insults to the industry as seen here.

In short, go watch Blitz Wolf, it will save your life one day.

>TMS wanted to do a work overload as usual
Nice to see decades of industry strain hasn't lowered their standards.

Gravity Falls did fine I thought. Granted it was VN but still.

I know.

Never punch down.

Gumball did a fight scene that looked very similar to kill la kill.

Does Ben 10 Omniverse count?

This is a joke right?

youtube.com/watch?v=AaNNivgGp4M

youtube.com/watch?v=mlKNFACNMuk

That my dear user is a insult to the industry.

Kappa Mikey was so bad it's good if you treat it as a generic work com.

Fuck off Famicom

This. The opening still holds up and it's almost as if some people did their research on how Japanese Openings work.
PROTECT MY BALLS

That was not from Famicom, layoff the guy.

Talking while performing an action that last just the right amount of time to finish his sentence is already enough of a joke.
Not to mention a tradition expose everything through mono/dialogue.

>Not to mention a tradition expose everything through mono/dialogue.
>flaw

Fucking retard

>a spoon has fallen therefore I must declare it. Preferable as loud as I can and with sound effects.

If I wanted to parody anime I'd parody a specific funny scene from an anime in the context of the cartoon, so even if people don't get the reference it's funny on its own.

To be fair, DBZ and Sailor Moon fulfill archetypes that are...well, they're not just easy to parody but one is able to make a *recognizable* parody with fighting/magical girl tropes more readily than other anime genres, or as a third option, giant robots also work and are easily recognized. If you don't have a basic idea of what the show is parodying as a general situation, then the parody doesn't quite work.

Dexter's lab's TRUE final episode (fuck the last season) was a brilliant parody that covered everything from Macross to Voltron/Power Rangers and did so against a Godzilla and "Super Heroes Fight Godzilla" A-plot.

Your average audience wouldn't, probably, get a harem anime parody (not that anything except for that garbage heap Kappa Mikey and *maybe* Steven Universe) or find it offensive, and if the show was parodying.. I don't know, Prince of Tennis or some sports anime, the joke is lost on american audiences who'd wonder where the show is going with this weird sports joke.

The only other thing I can think of that would have recognizable jokes would be to spoof Pokemon, but most of the attempts I've seen of that (Sorry South Park) largely just riff entirely on the fad/insanity of the fad aspects instead of the material itself.

*Not that any show aside from Kappa Mikey or maybe Steven Universe tried to make such a parody

I'm still confused as to why Brian chases that miniature station wagon that roles through their house and disappears in the kitchen.

>comparing theatrical animation to TV animation
fuck off

>harem anime parody
Loud House says hi.

youtube.com/watch?v=2rnwvQgQZNE

TMS will like to have a word with you.

... Ehhhhhhhh. If Happy Lesson (where all the waifus were vying to be the Taro's *surrogate mom*, not his love interest) is a harem, I can kinda see that logic but... really?

This somehow works, but seeing it as an actual TV show created by professionals is less funny for whatever reason.

Does it involve AnCap memes?
I heard it has a non-aggression pact.

Why is he called Famicom?

That was not professionals, this was a show made by professionals.

youtube.com/watch?v=CWnWwN1z_UM
Thats what 99% of the market thinks of it, the remaining 1% are fujos.

He likes Nintendo, but this thread has nothing to do with him.

As always gumball

Then again they only did a fight scene. But the quality was hilariously better than most anime shit, and that's for a 15 min show which a low as shit budget

youtube.com/watch?v=H0Sy6GJAQto

Yeah but- Family Guy isn't funny. It's arrogant. They're not a good example.

Not sure if this is bait because the anime industry is shittier than it's ever been

That was debunked.

>said sequence made by a very japanese studio
How about nope.

What was debunked? That they had a low budget

It wasn't just bad, it was offensive. It was trying to ridicule a genre of animation and it's parent culture for being incomprehensible to the creators, and did nothing but try to point out "See how WEIRD and STUPID this crap is???" all the time while patting itself on the back for being so clever. It was the worst try-hard 'parody' that didn't know what it was doing at all.

No, that that soulless garbage of a SHALOW PARODY with in Gumball was better then most anime.

Taking cartoons that seriously?

KENNY CHAN KAWAII PURINSESUUU~~~!

>But the quality was hilariously better than most anime shit,

You don't watch much anime, do you? I love Trigger but all their shit is about 40% good animation and the rest is random sparkle effects and shit slapped on top.

South Park is the only cartoon that can make anime parodies right because Trey is a japanophile and he has a major on Japanese studies

To be fair that is anime

Tiny Toons ass raped it however.

And he married a Jap before

Sailor Moon is weird in that parodying the apparent, formulaic 'surface' layer of the series with all of its repetition and cliche is simple, but it's much rarer to see people acknowledge anything the show actually does beyond that, which is a lot more more difficult to actually make fun of.

Wait isn't he married to a black now?

Tiny Toons was ran by Japs.

There are plenty of other shows and studios that animate better than Trigger but western anime fans don't acknowledge anything that isn't a fast forwarded fight scene or grimdark edgy shit because of a bunch of shows that were spoonfed to them by people who were handpicking shows that would appeal to western audiences in the 90s.

Now that the internet connects us and we have more shows available for consumption people think that anime changed and isn't good anymore.

Introducing anime to the west was a mistake.

>a black

Are you 70yrs old?

I didn't say a goddamn thing about Tiny Toons you sperg

I've always really hated Startoon's animation. That fucking blinking while talking, and moving the head slightly while gesturing. It's in all their damn cartoons.

They parody what they grew up with, and they are sure the audience would know. If they tried to parody whatever came out on Crunchyroll then nine months down the line nobody might recognize it.

It's weird looking back and realizing that Sailor moon is funny.

Fuck off im tired and forgot the word woman

Hamtaro will like to have a work with you, Laura Haruna was A Wild Hare all over again.
Except that it ass rapes South Park.
The thing that mattered is that they kept American animation in America.

My grandfather calls them Negros he's 97

Ben 10: Omniverse was a harem anime parody among other things.

It's a strange experience to go back to it as an adult and realize just how -competent- it is in general, and that you enjoy it more than you did as a kid. Like you have this show about an all girl power-ranger band who fight monsters that do things like prey on female's desires to look pretty to steal their energy, and defeat them by re-using the same attack animations in each episode while making proclamations about friendship, love and justice triumphing, and this is exactly as lame as it sounds.

But then you have top tier directors, actors and writers somehow crafting all these elaborate major and minor subplots and character interactions around this format and actually making it work really well by threading all these tangents through it.

It's weird how much the original anime is exponentially better than Crystal. Night and day aren't even different enough to describe it. We're talking like, fifteen orders of magnitude or so.

They do the exact same thing when parodying classic western animation.

>Everything has a face
>everything bounces
>everyone has pie cut eyes

Who's Marge supposed to be?

Matsumoto (Bleach)

Regular Show has done a Kill La Kill parody and at least one episode was all Robot anime.

>Regular Show parodied KLK
Really now?
Oh and the robot episode had an opening parodying Evangelion.

Yeah it was the episode Benson got a super suit. Pretty much the entir3 plot is a rip-off of KLK

youtube.com/watch?v=VvR0M5-5qcE

This played during the commercials of Fox's short-lived attempt at an Adult Swim-esque block.

Brilliant Century Duck Crisis Special was the best parody of robot anime ever.

From the NGE opening to the Gundam wing shit it was perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=n_OC-RAm7Qs

adhd had some solid anime parody's
youtube.com/watch?v=FckkZihQUaU

>Zoro is Homer
best character sum up I've ever seen

>too good for any western media to parody.
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
enough said

dang, that blue character has a hot design.

Only the first season I would say is really any good (and it is great), from R on it got kind of shit.

A big part of that stems from the manga. The early arcs didn't give a shit about the other four members of the group and treated them like background characters most of the time. The later chapters actually had them playing off each other, which is what the original anime built on. Crystal adapts the manga straight, with all of the stupid shit that plagued the early series.

youtube.com/watch?v=qzTOQOdYKwY

Jin-ruhroh

>claiming today's animation is worse than the 70s

KILL YOURSELF!

Robot Chicken of all things did a parody on Sailor Moon once that surprisingly touched on the deeper and weirder fetish/sexual aspects of the show, for such a low-key comedy it's surprising that the crew had that kind of Sailor Moon depth.

3D Bart is cute

>Avatar in the horrible shows category
m8
M8

>Time skip Zoro
>Both eyes

Please, Dexter's Labatory had THE best anime parody.

They even got away with it being lewd

youtube.com/watch?v=F67mr9BBpG8