Donut Steel Thread

Donut Steel Thread.
Batman Work On Your Art Thread.

Combine the two, maybe the threads won't die so often if they are. Share everything, anything. New art, old art, OC, animation, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/KaXXu4x
tumblr.com/login?redirect_to=/blog/thecomicguywhose20
tumblr.com/blog/thecomicguywhose20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here's an edgy shadow golem/robot/whatever guy I've been working on.

I've decided to redo the face and can't decide which one to go with. As of now I'm thinking the blatant Safeguard ripoff.

I like your concept for that staff/sword, but even tho it looks cool, he shouldn't carry in its back, he should walk whit it because, well, thats what staffs are for.

And if you are gonna go whit the "dark enertron" pouring out of the character, play more whit it, go to town, make the purple stuff go out from all the parts of the body, utilize the fact that robots have spaces between their parts.

Apart from that, nice edge

Generally speaking they do just carry the staff but I figured it'd be a good idea to have some way to secure it if climbing or doing something else with both hands, and the rings on it work fine for that.

I don't want to go whole ham with the smoke/shadowy bullshit since they're not meant to look like a cloud with a person inside it, rather more like they're just not properly glued together and have a small leak. I just kept it denser near the head so it can act as hair and do stuff like flare up or sink lower to show emotion since the face is otherwise pretty rigid.

Here's a WIP in progress.
She's a Roman priestess and sorceress.

That's a really cool design.
How did you go about getting those smokey effects?

Fuckin forgot the picture.

Recently pinned down a design for my hero's (Savior) assistant (Yori) and been trying to figure out her personality and interaction with him. Usually my thought process for this type of stuff is to do vague pose interactions that can tell a vague story of what they might be reacting to.

By cheating and just importing some transparent smoke pictures from google images and editing them to fit.

If you're using Photoshop it's really easy to make smoke whatever color you want simply by using a picture like this one, make a clipping mask, and color whatever you want it.

Pretty cool but what's with the pipe?

Well, I was going to give her a pipe to smoke. But current research says that romans did not in fact smoke pipes.

Bemp

Post your art fags

we can post regular art here?

Yes

I don't see why not, though if you're looking for proper critique of "real" art you'd probably have better luck over at /ic/.

>/ic/
>Getting anything other than "Study Loomis or not gonna make it"

>implying they aren't at least mostly right

I wouldn't necessarily say Loomis is some kind of art deity you must learn from or anything but a proper understanding of the fundamentals is essential for any "style".

During these last few days, I've been drawing some stuff for the setting I have been working on for some years now.

And of course, I forget the picture.

working on an updated look

The basic gist is that of a massive, ancient, and decaying organic city, that is inhabited by the mutated descendants of humanity. Nearly all technology is biotech, and the society is ruled by powerful noble houses, various artisan guilds that still hold secrets of technology, and various cults.

Each of the 7 great noble houses is themed roughly after one of the 7 deadly sins. House Chot, is gluttony.

But /ic/ often becomes a stickler for Loomis specifically to the point where a character not being # of heads high is seen as a fault or that exaggerated figure drawing like pic related would be viewed as, "You need to go back to the basics. Body looks weird.".

And that's often the problem with /ic/. They're looking for faults so if something "looks" weird in their eyes, it's a flaw rather than looking for problems that aren't there or don't impact the drawing.

House Lienis is greed.
They are one of the strongest factions of the city, and virtually control most aspects of trade and industry, giving them a great economic powerbase as well as the capacity to manoufacture bio-constructs, like their weapons, armors and Dragoon warsuits, en mass.

Denizens living the regions of the city that are controlled by Lienis, are relatively free to live as they choose, as Lienis doesn't concern itself that much with the lives of the "plebeians" and doesn't really make much use of Slaves, unlike for example, House Chot.

However, as Lienis only cares about protecting it's own profits, the general population can expect very little protection from the warriors that serve house Lienis. Because of this, crime and gang activity is rampant within the realm of Lienis, as the House only interferes if those activities directly harm their own economic goals.

don't forget they bitch about warped perspectives even if that is your intent and you're just asking about foreground vs background scales

House Viam is Lust.
They are a house of hedonistic pleasure and experience seekers, that have monopolized drug trade, brothels, and pretty much all avenues of entertainment and pleasure that are found in the city.

Most of the warriors the house uses, are junkies and addicts, whose debts to the House can only be paid with their bodies. Many face quadruple amputation, where the stumps of their limbs are fitted with shoddily made augmented replacement limbs, that are armed with various weaponry, that are all filled with poisons and venoms. For in war, Viam excels at poisoning both the bodies and the morale of their enemies.
Their forces are fast, appear out of nowhere, and deliver crippling blows with their venomous weaponry, that leaves their foes reeling in both pain and confusion, unable to react to the next move of Viam's warriors.

Trying To Get Back Into Inking

Outside of their grand island and inland mansions, the house controls no territory, and instead, operates largely in the shadowy underworld, back alleys and shady clubs that litter the territories of other houses. Most Houses tolerate Viam's presence to a degree, for the "services" the house grants to the common masses, keeps them placated and relatively docile.

There are other houses as well, Rai-Khil, the house of Wrath, Baryx, the house of Pride along with the yet unnamed (because I suck at names), houses of Envy and Sloth. Unfortunately I haven't really done much art for them yet, at least none that I consider to be up to date with the ones I posted here.

I feel like I can only draw with any consistency when I'm basing my drawings off of something.

Here's the head of a woman I drew that's somewhat based on a girl I saw on google images.

Bmup

I'll post more I guess.

Here's Regina whose once promising music career imploded.

And here's some few months old fan art of Alice from Pretty Deadly. I only now decided to color it unfortunately the monitor I draw on sucks for displaying color and it only looks the way I want it to on that one right now.

So.... anybody got story ideas to toss out?

coming of age stories are over done

make a story about an old person struggling with/against a new reality

That's a damn good idea. I'll mull it over for a while.

Is this a good thread to do OC are trades and whatnot?

I don't know what that is. I assume its something degenerate.

Draw my character and I draw your character exchanges.

Its about time you guys combined these threads.

The OP image needs work though. I suggest something completely different. Batman drawthreads haven't been a thing since 2012 and have been fading out since most of Sup Forums cares more about shitposting than creating things.

He meant art trade.

Time for dumb OC stuff!
This is Barb (Full name Az'Barbaraszna), a hyuge demoness that's usually stuck with guard duty...which she's pretty okay with. Warring against other Demon Lords sucks, guard duty is easy.

Batman with the donut dude around his neck would be funny

Wanna eat deep fried steel?

It's funny that I want to get better at assembling colors bu I post this mess.
You're monsters are pretty good. I especially love the gun designs, Heavy spike carbine looks like something I'd keep in a game.
Dat's good. What's their story?
Are the things on her head supposed to look like cute ears? Because either way I love it.
I like the way it's shaped. Also I think we need more stories of guards guarding things in general.

more good boys.

>I feel like I can only draw with any consistency when I'm basing my drawings off of something.

Not really a bad thing when you're starting out, you do need to build up your mental library.

Ah, I remember seeing this a while ago. It turned out nice! The colors look fine to me but I think the values can be varied a bit more.

Yeah, that bothers me about /ic/ too...the Loomis meme does get annoying after awhile. I lurk there every now and then because there is some good advice and resources on there. Who doesn't like saving money on art books.

The colors on the character are fine, but her palette clashes with the table and background. If you're going to use green in that pic, I think a teal or a blue-green would fit better. The table should be closer to red too, it looks too muddy.

And a picture I drew drew today for a friend.

have you considered color pallet challenges?

you seem to have trouble with lower bodies, hips/butt and feet especially, nothing practice wouldn't help fix

Still messing around with Clover's design. Trying to get her features recognizeable. How I draw her eyes nose and lips mostly, so I can have an easier time differentiating her from others, or so I can make her other siblings look like her.

Also I really want to have fun with her hair. I want to figure out different styles and fashions to do with natural afro hair.

discord.gg/KaXXu4x
NOTHING TO DO ON A FRIDAY NIGHT?
HOW BOUT SOME
SHENANIGANS

Thank you for the consideration, Also love what you do with the textures.
I forgot those existed actually. Thanks for reminding me.

She's probably on a quest to get her face fixed or something

What is this?

ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT

Uh...

That some rad monsters

here's a cyclops.

How would you make a skeleton character look a little more unique? I don't really like skull shapes that aren't, well, skull shaped (see: Jack Skellington, The Book of Life, Undertale, etc.), but if you draw a skeleton realistically, they all look the same. Are clothes really enough?

The only advice I can think of is try working purely from basic shapes first, try to give the skelly a unique. And study some real bones and skeletons, then try to figure ways to create strong structer to communicate info about the skelly, like angular corners for a more terse and bitter character, or curves for a friendlier skelly.

A big help. Thanks!

Glad I could help.

*Unique silhouette is what I meant to type, sorry for my poor typing skills.

Also use the whole skelly, like the angular ribs vs curved ribs, the length of arm to leg ratio, how big the top half vs how small the lower half is.

Thanks! And yeah. I dunno if guard duty is the most interesting subject for a story, but I think it makes for a good backdrop.
Especially 'cause Barb is kinda lazy. So she just kinda sits around, waiting and hoping to be summoned 'top-side'. She has a particular weakness for human food and booze.

i like the hair the lighting on armor? looks odd

Ive been drawing for over a year. I can draw without looking at stuff but it doesn't come out constant and certain angles end up looking bad.

Thanks for the crit dude. I do need to do more figure studies...I'm trying to stylized my art more but I'm having problems with proportions haha

Thanks and you're welcome! It looks better now. And I second what the other user said, color palette challenges are a good idea.

Can you post some examples of your art without reference? Hard to say what the problem is without seeing it.

Yeah, I should probably reverse the directions of those shadows. Also it's not armor. She actually has a robotic arm.

Bump

Bumping with...content?

bump

Bumping with questions on colors.

Super spy with elastic powers similar to Mrs. Incredible; uses her powers for espionage.

Thats pretty dope user, love the staff sword combo
Here's the protagonist of a story i'm still working on.

A Pyromancer

I for one welcome this new breed of threads

You went with a good design user, nice work

Very cool user, reminds me of Warhammer

they're plastic balls, taped onto an army helmet. They're her attempt at looking like a frog.

Reminds me of the One piece character that has musical intruments for body parts

Reposting from a few threads ago.

Can someone help me visualize what this hairstyle would look like from a side view?

Hey, I dig this dude! Very funky lookin'!

Got this guy I'm developing for a graphic novel pitch. His name is Zartch.

That's awesome, brah. What software you use?

Thanks, mang. I use Clip Studio.

Here's another character for the pitch. Her name is a Lizcent and is Zartch's fierce rival.

workin on this

Instantly thought of Plok

This looks awesome. is this for a comic or animation?

Finally finished page 2/3 of this crap.

Trying to learn how to make comic shorts, but the difficulty of that has met a full on collision with my typical lack of motivation. Third page is sketched out though so at least there's that...

This looks amazing! I'm very excited to see the rest. The only critique I have is adding some movement lines to the head toss or bring the hand tossing the head up a bit higher to make it look like it's being dropped into her lap.

Speaking of which, do you guys think the bottom image is too crowded or not crowded enough (to convey absolute chaos)

Next I'm thinking of doing something with Inspector Gadget ala Akira Toriyama. I really like the classic manga serial styles. They lend themselves well to a shorter format.

Got this drawn by someone who liked one of my villians for a comic I'm making. I need more followers follow me pls

And here's one of my favorites named Prodigy, she creates portals for teleporting and combat purposes.

wheeere do I follow you?

tumblr.com/login?redirect_to=/blog/thecomicguywhose20

Thanks.
The gun designs are definitely an improvement over the earlier ones I had imo. Picture related. A couple of years old drawing I made of the same guys.

Thanks.

40k has been an inspiration, I do not deny it.

bump

This is Lycia, one of the few demon characters that i have created/plan on creating. She likes to fistfight.

Damn, your use of perspective is outstanding and there is a perfect balance between the black and white. Love it!

Just gonna post all the characters I got colored right now for the graphic novel pitch. From left to right: Zartch, Lizcent, Alxord, and JoseTemp.

You might like a hybrid technica 0.3-0.5 from pentel for sketching with inks too.

A wood demon that is fire resistance to due wet wood

Background painting

at first i thought she was giving a sly grin, but it's a nose ring.

Here's a character I've been working with for some time now.

Messed up sorry, also I want to get more charchters stories up before I get the art.
tumblr.com/blog/thecomicguywhose20