Virgin photography vs Chad Kinematograhy

virgin photography vs Chad Kinematograhy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4cR6Xa6fEAg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yup batman v superman works far better as a wallpaper source than as an actual film. and snyder fans get tricked into thinking his talent for cinematography makes up for shitty storytelling.

thank you for this thread

The opening scene to bvs was honestly the best thing to come out of capeshit

>killer of a Wayne's family in Snyderverse is a spic
>BvS is labeled as a Donald Trump of superhero movies, depsite that it is hughely appealing to non-whites, hell it was chink press tour for Wonder Woman that got Christ Snyder poster signed by Zack himself
>only kryptonians depicted in Man of Steel are whites (and jews if you don't consider them white) and asians, literally zero blacks
both movies are commercially successful depsite bad press
>on of very few filmmakers that managed to get a series of commercial success (MoS, BvS, SS and WW which he produced after series of commercial failures (Watchmen, Sucker Punch, Guardians of G'Hoole, 300 Rise of an Empire which he also produced)
>Adrian Veidt in Watchmen movie is an elitist "kill millions to save billions" with files "boys" on his computer (wasn't in original comics)
How did he manage to get away with all of it so fucking far? If Justice League will also be a commercial success depsite recent attacks on Momoa and Affleck it will solidify unstoppable nature of Snyder.

Jesus Christ marvel movies are so visually bland. I watched that scene in the theatre and did not at all understand why people thought it was a good action sequence.

>be Zack Snyder
>get handed $250m dollars
>"Hey Zack make us a movie where Batman fights Superman"
>Instead of the easy dumb way, makes a film about the creation of myth, the rebirth of faith, the question of what is right and wrong, what is truth or dream? What is justice? All taking place inside of Superman and Batman in a consequence-driven world
>hires the most talented writers, cinematographers, designers and composers in the industry
>release it
When was it decided superhero films shouldn't be any fun?

They liked it same reason they liked TFA - when the entire world is telling you something is good, more than likely you're going to agree with that opinion no matter the actual content.

Zack Snyder is an auteur, one of the only true filmmakers left in the world.

There's a lot to be said about the imagery of a cyborg hurling a merman into the sky so that that merman can throw his trident at a space insect. I mean, it speaks volumes about our culture, about the state of our nation, and the world.

Why are RLM so butthurt about Snyder and superhero films while also praising every single Marvel film out there?

so much effort goes into these shitposts that sometimes I almost, just for a milisecond, believe that some sperglord somewhere, somehow, actually thinks this

Because Marvel films generally at least have a coherent narrative and they aren't pretentious.

The only way BvS is not coherent to you is if you somehow had your head up your ass during the entirety of its run.

Knowing RLM, I harbor no doubt this is exactly what they did.

Truth stings marvelfag

>still trying to bait some capefag

Because they are literally paid shills

legitimately a good shitposting image, lmao

>they aren't pretentious
right, because intentionally aiming for the emotional ceiling of 10 year olds is more admirable

>Lel, anything which isn't bland and tepid as Marvel/Disney movies is automatically pretentious XD XD.

People actually care about the characters and want to see them fight and see the different abilities interact, as opposed to the DC movies where all the characters are bland and their motivations make no sense and neither do the fight scenes.

>MARVEL HAS BAD CINEMATOGRAPHY I SWEAR IT WHY DONT ALL THEIR MOVIES TAKE PLACE DURING THE NIGHT IN A RAINSTORM??

would not use a single one as a wallpaper

>shitty storytelling

>B-BUT THE AVENGERS ARE BAD BECAUSE THEY BLOWED UP STUFF
>NUH-UH
>YES-HUH
>Captain America: Civil War

What was his name again?

This. I would rather have a bland looking movie with good characters than a nice looking piece of shit.

Civil war still had a better story than BvS.

>I can't possibly stop sucking Snyder's dick
Everyone knows already.

>good characters
Captain America and Iron Manlet are the only decent characters though, you fucking brainlet

That is still two more that DC films.

all of these look terrible

How will DCfags even recover?

Then go read a book, you fucking pleb. Film is a visual medium.

youtu.be/4cR6Xa6fEAg

It's not my fault you don't understand it.

The only good shots are Bucky in the cryochamber and that place Iron Manlet fights Captain Hairplugs.

Let me stop you right there. Civil War is absolutely dreadful, the moral dilemma so thin they end up ignoring it completely in the climax of the film, intead being about brainwashed Bucky.

The end of the film, nothing has changed. Iron Man and Cap are implied to hook up again after their tsundere period. The film does not once actually discuss why Cap's rhetoric is dangerous, because it is. A terrorist who believes he's above all law is fucking dangerous. But in the world of Marvel, we are to assume Gary Sue is right so there's no actual discussion there.

Just compare that shot of Superman to that home-made ass Civil War lmao. The aesthetics and the attention to detail are incredible in top, non-existant at bottom. Depth of field effect is used to a nauesating level. Probably to hide the CGI background.

>Doesn't deny they're pretentious

It's better to like something childish than to do so and pretend it's for adults. Snyder's movies are for people who want a serious character drama about a man in a onesie who wants to be killed by another man in a bat costume.

>console wars thread

>It's better to like something childish
No it's not you fucking manchild

DC fags truly are pathetic.
>Clark becomes a greater man
Go fuck yourself

It's ok arguments are intimidating I know

>Iron Man and Cap are implied to hook up again after their tsundere period

Because at the end of the day Cap still believes that it's people with power responsibility to save people where others can't. At least they didn't become BFF because their moms share the same name. Also Cap is right. You really think the U.N. or the Army would be able to stop Ultron or Thanos?

I literally can't argue about something never implied in the film.

Dude he sends him a text message basically telling him how much he loves him. And Tony smiles at the message.

"Civil War" my fucking ass. Atleast Batman fought Superman with the intent to kill and there is some geniune character development for Batman after he realizes he was about to become Joe Chill amidst his paranoia. What character development was there in CW? Nothing. They have a little schoolyard fight and then they become friends again. The whole thing was a fucking farce. Don't let me even start on having Spidey shoved in the middle of it to. There is too much character rape for me to deal with in just one post.

>Don't let me even start on having Spidey shoved in the middle of it to.

Do you really want to talk about shoving heroes into a movie in a half-assed way to DC's credit?

Half of the Justice League just had video file cameos.

No,he sends him a text message saying he will show up if they need his help. Your inner gaylord is showing.

>"Civil War" my fucking ass. Atleast Batman fought Superman with the intent to kill
That because they weren't trying to kill each other in Civil War. Iron-man was trying to stop Captain America not kill him. Even Hawk eye and Black Widow said in the movie there weren't fighting for real.
> there is some geniune character development for Batman after he realizes he was about to become Joe Chill amidst his paranoia.
Never happen in the movie. Also if you going to over explain a scene. At least explain it right.
>What character development was there in CW?
You right there wasn't any. Because character development happen in the other films. Unlike BvS which skipped the whole character development.

They were firing high-impact war missiles at each other. They were firing lethal rounds at each other. Fucking Bucky and Spidey almost decapitate one another.

But good thing the script intervened and no bullet actually landed and Bucky did a last second head dodge and no one was hit in the face with a fucking missile. Would've been really awkward if that happened.

Civil War is a fucking shoolyard disagreement where kids are pretending they're fighting.

content greg

Headcanon is not an argument.

Ya.
In BvS, at least Batman had the intention to kill Superman.
But in CW, all they wanted to do was scratch each other and deliver quips, that's it.

your mom is a visual medium stfu

>Batman had character development
>Kills a bunch of people
>guy that killed way more than you sacrifices himself because we need to go through the Death of Superman story but without any of the good stuff.
>Dude killing is bad
That isn't character development

>Civil War is a fucking shoolyard disagreement where kids are pretending they're fighting.
>They were firing high-impact war missiles at each other.
You can't say it's both. It's either they are trying to kill each other or they aren't. Pick one.
>shoolyard
you retard

>dude lets forget the main theme of our movie to fight the cave troll

Hot damn marvelets btfo.

>You can't say it's both.
I can. Because just like a schoolyard fight, they were only pretending. It's all a game of pretend. The script intervened and made sure no lethal rockets or bullets landed. And it's obvious none of them were prepared for the consequences of that happening.

Will 2018 be the year Marvel beats The Room in cinematography?

I get you are slow. So let me spell it out for you.You can't say I'm wrong about them not trying to kill each other and then say there weren't really trying to kill each other.

HAHAHAHAHA HE MADE A TYPO WOW WHAT AN IDIOT

See that's the paradox of the fight you idiot. They are obviously firing with the intent to kill, but every time the other guy does a last second dodge and it's fine. So it comes off as fake because it's also obvious that they rely on the script to save the other guy from the rocket you just fired. Because again, despite them almost killing each other, they weren't really willing to actually kill each other. See the paradox of this fight? Am I getting through to you?

The problem with Marvel is their overuse of CGI. In order to blend the CGI with live action, they have to use a lot of motion blur. It’s fine when you have like a few CGI elements, but when you have 90% of your scene CGI, the entire picture looks blurred and out of focus, like you’re watching the movie wearing dirty glasses.

Next year is our year marvelbros. We'll have the DC bullies beat.

>So it comes off as fake because it's also obvious that they rely on the script
Having two characters who hated each other suddenly love each other because their mother share a name isn't?

*inhales*

Atleast the cgi looks fine most of the time unlike DC

>Every character needs a 2 hour intro movie
This is what Marvel fanboys actually believe

>It's a paradox
Not if you watch the movie and realize that most of the people except two are highly trained and aren't trying to kill each other. Even in the clip it's clear that Bucky throw it above Spider-man. War-Machine instead of using his gun used a stun baton.

Even worse just to make the teams they liked better to improve quips they completely disregarded previously established character behaviours.
Characters doing 180 turn from their established mentality.
Iron man being so attached to the past and so irrational to not understand that Bucky was not in control and not responsible for is actions.
Captain Gimnast, the most lawful hero, going all anrchist just because "muh friend" without a single moment of introspection or moral dilemma.
Iron man and Black Widow, the more distrusting of the government, being the ones most in favour of government control.
The entire premise of "we're so bad because to save literally the whole planet we killed a few innocents, we're so bad, we need to be controlled".
Are you fucking kidding me? That's retarded? Who would ever feel guilty about that?
And what would have changed if you had to wait the UN to give the ok and then did the exact same thing after some burocratic bullshit delayed you and more people died?
And don't get me starded about the retardation of Zemo's """plot""".

The entire movie was a mess, plotwise probably the worst of the MCU, and I struggle to understand how it came to be so universally praised.

It isn't when throughout the film Batman has deluded himself into believing Clark isn't human but rather an alien monster he is destined to defeat. He is so deluded by paranoia that only when he's actually honest about his intentions (wanting to avenge the Waynes by slaying Superman) can he see the truth of who Superman is.

Don't let your reply be predictable.

This is actually good kek

You're right, DC heroes are so boring they couldn't carry a miniseries, nevermind a movie on their own.

If he threw it above Spidey's head, why did Spidey did an "oh" and dodge? Also why did Spidey throw it back at Bucky being mere milliseconds away from decapitating Bucky?

Remember when Raimi portrayed Spidey as a friendly neighbourhood fella and not some Tony Stark bitch mercenary out to kill innocent people for college money?

But consistent morals and MCU is like oil and water.

DC just looks like a cheesy comic movie like 300. They don’t really hide the CGI, whereas Marvel tries to blend it like live footage.

>wanting to avenge the Waynes by slaying Superman

Lmao the delusion

BvS = pure trash

You can't possibly extract anything good of that crap.

>it's bad because reddit and rottentomatoes said so
>i am literally incapable of independent thought

>Remember when Raimi portrayed Spidey as a friendly neighbourhood fella and not some Tony Stark bitch mercenary out to kill innocent people for college money?

As long as we're talking about alternate interpretations of the character, remember when Batman was a principled crime fighter with rules about how far he'll go to a maniac with chain guns on his car who blows up convoys and shoots people to death?

Yes. I agree. Batman is very delusional. But he does what he needs to do to cope. In the Metropolis fight, he hugs the little girl and sees she lost her two parents to the Kryptonian battle. Bruce sees what the girl lost to what he lost, Superman becomes the enemy he has been looking for all those years.

Next strawman.

Are you implying Marvel films have good stories or even make good films? LMAO

Superman who flys from America to the middle east in an instants. Needs Batman help saving find his mom in Gotham.

Literally every cinema interpretation of Batman has killed except the one that sucks ass and nobody likes. It's only a problem when Snyder does it.

>At least they didn't become BFF because their moms share the same name.
This is how I know you're a retard and missed the whole point.

The name thing made Bruce realize that despite the different biology, because of upbringing, Clark is just as human as him, and not a threat.
It created a connection that made him realize that in taking on his own the decision to kill Superman he's doing exactly what he wants to stop Superman from doing, which is leaving in the hands of a single person the fate, or at least the future, of a planet.

Before watching the movie when I heard about that I mocked the movie too, after watchin it I realized the importance of that scene. Too bad for brainlets.

MY MAN XD

The absolute state of BVS haters.

you sure are stupid

You are reaching. He most likely followed Lois to Africa. He didn't arrive there in one second what the fuck

Someone who gets it

>This is how I know you're a retard and missed the whole point.
Your the one who is down playing scenes and even with the context it is still a stupid scene. It is even worse when you realize that batman has to ignore everything superman is doing around the world.

He did when he saved those Mexican people. Since Gotham and Metropolis are right next to each other.

What scenes are being downplayed? BvS has Superman put on trial for Metropolis. But it soon devolves into Batman's own trial for losing his parents. His mask is removed. He flungs Superman into a figurative cave (the dark stairs). There are ton of Batman villain references in that final cave - the inside of Batman. It makes perfect sense that if Batman would snap at any moment, it would be at this moment of Batman's inner self being exposed. For fucks sake even his voice is cracking and you can hear his actual voice barely keeping itself from breaking apart.

Can't we all agree that discussing BvS is infinitely more stimulating and fun than Civil War? The latter is so one-note and dry, there's nothing to take from it. BvS actually plays with some interesting ideas, has visuals closely tied to the narrative and multiple points of views you could examine from. These threads in my experience always end up being BvS threads.

I genuinely feel bad for brainlets.

Not him but are you retarded? He can hear Lois screaming from Alaska or whatever but can't hear his own mom in the same city?

>couldn't carry a miniseries
>Smallville
>Arrow
>Flash
>Supergirl
>Gotham
>Legends of tomorrow

That's just recently.

>Iron Man and Cap are implied to hook up again after their tsundere period
Try to keep up.
>Superman put on trial for Metropolis.
Superman wasn't put on trail. Finch questions Superman on the validity of his actions and wanted to know where his loyalty lies.
> devolves into Batman's own trial for losing his parents.
Again it doesn't. The movie tries to explain that Batman in this movie is more aggressive then he's been before by shoving in a few shitty scenes. He also very poor shows how batman is being tricked into hating Superman.

are marvel vs DC threads the absolute bottom of the Sup Forums shitheap? I think so

I don't think he travelled all the way from South America to Metropolis just because Lois screamed. In his conversation with Jonathan, it is implied that Superman finds a reason to go back to Metropolis - for the people he loves.

>marvel movies are so coloroful
Are they? I guess GotG and new Thor look colorful to a degree but the rest are fairly bland

I'm not the one who like BvS. Look man I'm not saying Civil War is the best movie ever, but if you had to compare the two Civil War's story is 100% better.