Is Marvel getting desperate?

Is Marvel getting desperate?

Other urls found in this thread:

uproxx.com/hitfix/casting-minorities-as-white-characters-is-not-a-double-standard-heres-why/
youtu.be/-n7toRFqURk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would they be?

No they've always done this.

They are finished, it's just a matter of time for them.

With Justice League release it will be a last nail in their coffin

>Man of Steel will start Marvel's road to ruin guys!!!
>meh movie that was average-ly received

>BvS is coming soon, bet Marvel is shaking in their boots!!!
>awful movie, tries to do 100 different things and can't do any of them right

>Okay guys, Suicide Squad looks awesome! Marvel's getting scared now!
>worse than BvS, is an incoherent mashup of scenes and sounds that somehow are considered a movie

>Justice League is going to blow Marvel out of the water! DC will win this time!
>???

I wonder how this one is going to end, Sup Forums

It will never end.

WB and Snyder could come out and admit their films are shit, and deluded fanboys would screech back that they don't understand true kino.

RT score of 48%-56%. Will break a billion, but barely. WB fans will latch onto the fact it'll outgross "Thor: Ragnarok".

What did marvel mean?

>DCuck delusion
everytime

It won't break a billion. It has to compete with the tail end of Ragnarok and Star Wars 8

>Gets hit with a basket of sandals

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>movie about a black superhero has majority of black characters
stop the presses

DC is a bunch of white guys complaining about blacks getting a good movie for once

How I said THEY ARE FINISHED
Say it with me: FUCK MARVEL

Civil War really triggered a lot of folks, didn't it?

Yeah, it triggered seizures with all its jumpcuts

>2 hours and 30 minutes

DROPPPPEDDDD

The MCU will be over. Now that people are done listening to critics, JL will destroy anything Marvel has done. 2 billion definitely.

Keep fighting the good fight, bro.

I admire men who refuse to leave a sinking ship.

Amen brother

>Will break a billion

>JL will break a trillion
>meanwhile infinity war will struggle to make 10 dollars

Well, Avengers 1 and 2 are terrible movies, Justice League will top them easy.

Money wise? I don't know but I don't care either if the movie ends up being superior

kek

not nearly as funny as those tiny hits with her small hands somehow making him paralyzed and unable to retaliate while she just beats his ribs

How is Marvel on Netflix getting desperate?

You shitting me?

How so? It was far superior than its shit for brains clusterfuck source material that was the start of event comics. Millar is a hack.

Isn't "most of the cast is all the same race" the exact opposite of diverse?

Because DC fans are angry that trying to make cape shit source material into something more than cape shit doesn't work at all and so must constantly attack Marvel cape shit to make them feel better about their failed cape shit

Also pic related is the new flash for JL because they won't use the flash from the incredibly successful CW show, which is surprising the best thing to come for DC, because he doesn't fit the "tone" of the new DC universe aka taking the Dark Knight tone and plastering everything else with the dark and gritty "mature" themes to give a false sense of depth and significance

>Isn't "most of the cast is all the same race" the exact opposite of diverse?

Go back to Sup Forums retard

Brave and the Bold themed movie when?

Yes, but you have to remember that these people are idiots.

Not when you look at movies in general.

It baffling how cheap these movies look and how little care they put into making a good story.

That's why Agents of Shield and Agent Carter failed, same Marvel formula but it doesn't have the appeal of being a expensive movie, so nobody cares

exactly.

They've forgotten what "diversity" actually means.

To them, it just means "not white".

>and how little care they put into making a good story.
DC pot calling the kettle here pal

No, Sup Forums. We have Latin blacks, African blacks European blacks and Asian blacks.

DC films are objectively better

not our fault normalfags have shit taste

Go watch Age of Ultron and tell me that is not one of the worst movies in the MCU

1- The comic was better because it had a plot.
2- That's not even the point, the point is Marvel playing all their cards just to make a Captain America sequel and instead of threating the film with some respect they are already whoring it out now that Christmas is over.

That is not what diverse means!

Crawl back into your safe-space, SJW scum!

>movie with black guys
>good movie

PICK ONE!

there is no such thing as European blacks

you were saying?

read this:

uproxx.com/hitfix/casting-minorities-as-white-characters-is-not-a-double-standard-heres-why/

1. Why would they be?

2. Why do you think they are?

I mean they have like 3 movies and they're all shit. Marvel has Iron Man 1, Captain America 1 and 2, GotG, Antman, etc etc and all are beloved. DC doesn't hold a candle to Marvel until it makes it's first good movie in the CU.

>Money wise? I don't know but I don't care either if the movie ends up being superior
I want it to make money so they continue making them though. If it makes enough money maybe Snyder will continue to direct.

>beloved
That means nothing in terms of quality. Who cares about how many normies like the movie? Fact is, the DCEU has better everything (characters, plot, visuals, music, camera, etc.) They feel like movies instead of boring TV shows with tons of filler like the MCU.

youtu.be/-n7toRFqURk

>My argument
OPINIONS OPINIONS OPINIONS

>Your argument
OPINIONS OPINIONS OPINIONS

The problem with this argument is it seems like a DC fag trying to convince a Marvel fag to like DC stuff more or at least justify why he likes said things when it's all a matter of subjective tastes. Have fun arguing like this.

>Made over 1 billion dollars worldwide
>Desperate

What?

>I want it to make money so they continue making them though

They will make money for sure, all the DC movies have been really succesful on theaters and Blu Ray.

I heard that Suicide Squad is outselling Civil War on ble ray and also outsold Dr. Strange at the box office.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>they had to name it after a classic so people gave a fuck
lol

CW was a great movie and BvS was not. That's why one has great reviews from critics and is the highest grossing movie of the year and the other is up for razzies lmao

>CW was a great movie

>>Made over 1 billion dollars worldwide
>People still don't know dick about Captain America beyond his looks.
>People know about Superman's parents, krypton, kryptonite, Lois, the daily planet, jimmy olsen, the farm, rivalry against Batman, Luthor...
>even names like Bizarro and Brainiac became regular words because of Superman.
>all Cap has is ''#give_Captain_America_a_boyfriend_stevexbucky

>please pay to watch this crap
Very.

What fairy tale are you reading?

Netflix cut a deal with Disney to have first rights to streaming a year or so ago, that's why Zootopia is already on there too. It's why Moana and Rogue One will be there before too long as well. Civil War was just the first marvel movie to be affected by this. It's got nothing to do with Marvel's "desperation" but with Netflix trying to retain an upper hand in the increasingly splintered Streaming market.

I liked Age of Ultron just fine, it wasn't great but it was better than Thor 2, Iron Man 2, and the first Avengers.

Also no, the comic Civil War is definitely not better than the movie. I read that shitshow in 2006 and its still just as garbage today. The movie was smaller in scale and the Bucky plot at least gave it a strong backbone as a Captain America sequel.

Epic racism bro

How? By that logic, going on DVD is an admission of failure.

>all Cap has is ''#give_Captain_America_a_boyfriend_stevexbucky
>even names like Bizarro and Brainiac became regular words because of Superman.

You realize there's a big world beyond what happens transpires on Sup Forums, right? Go to any place where normalfags dwell and ask them if they know who Braniac or #Give_Cap_A_Bf is and I guarantee they'll say the first one is a term of really smart people and the never heard of the second one and would be confused why Cap is gay now.

Ugh, you're a fucking DC MALE

I'm really glad I don't understand this meme

>and the Bucky plot at least gave it a strong backbone as a Captain America sequel.

Oh my god I'm sick of Captain America movies being about fucking Bucky, not even trying to be childish but that shit its just so gay to me

Yeah but you can go to the same people and ask them shit about Captain America and all they would say is ''has a shield, knows how to fight, his costume is the american flag''

While they can tell you tons of shit about Superman

Like what? Most normies only know surface details about Superman.
They can probably only name Lex Luthor as a Superman villain.

I don't feel strongly about his presence one way or the other, just saying that as far as being a follow up to the last two Cap movies finding a way to wrap the Winter Soldier stuff in with the Accords stuff was a sensible move. The movie is really quite a departure from the comics. Which is good because they were terrible.

>it's bad to racebend a black guy but okay when it's a white guy
>stop calling this double standard a double standard

Suicide Squad had a very straightforward plot.
You'd have to be really stupid to not know what was going on.

Wouldn't nu-males welcome diversity and immigrants?

Its not hard to follow, but SS is a Frankenstein monster of a movie if there was one. Its basically everything thrown at the wall to give WB an idea on what sticks with audiences

>They can probably only name Lex Luthor as a Superman villain.

While they can't name a single villian from Captain America, not even Red Skull.

Normies also know about Superman's real name, daytime job, Lois Lane, the Kents and the farm, he came from another planet, etc.

Most people don't even remember that Cap used the super soldier serum

I liked it so I'd say that it worked.
I can't wait to see the deadshot movie

>Which is good because they were terrible.

Typical /tvirgin/ detected, the comics are way better than the movies, specially the ones that they used to make the Winter Soldier movie

They're likening it to Transformers in that it bombards you with a bunch of noises and visuals.

It's an obnoxious movie and the Ostrander run deserved better.

Didn't the creator of SS like the movie?

Keep pretending you're not a racist cuck

and yet people like Batman more than Superman.

>Frankenstein monster of a movie if there was one

Bullshit, the movie works pretty well and the plot goes pretty straight forward.

I agree that the first 20 minutes feel off with too many musical changes, but beyond that the movie works just fine as an action film with some comedic elements, you know, like the comic.

I also understand that a lot of virgins get triggered by Harley Quinn and the Joker because they hate sexy girls hat kick ass and that also like a bad boy like the Joker.

Dorks hated that element of the movie but loved the shit out of it, which is great because I can finally talk with girls about this shit without sounding that cringey

So? Everybody likes Batman, most popular comic book character out there right next to Superman.

Don't change the subject, the point is that after 5 movies people don't know or give a shit about Captain America beyond ''action dude!!!''

We're not talking about Bru's Cap we're talking about Civil War which WAS terrible you assclown.

I don't give a fuck what you think about the movie as a movie because they are a satellite to the comics for me, which is exactly why the comic Civil War was so much more offensive. You are the inexperienced one here if you think that garbage was acceptable.

I didnt mean plot wise, which yeah I agree its piss easy simple. I meant more in tone, "world building",editing, soundtrack, and failed character development. And most people hated the Joker/Harley thing because it wasnt abusive and catered to shipperfags

Except this was edited from the original...

do you need to see a doctor?

i'm afraid not even my grandpa's prescription h can soothe this level of butthurt

OP, you realize it's on Netflix because Disney made a deal with Netflix that literally all their films would go to Netflix after a set amount of time from release, right?

It's not up there because nobody was buying it or some retarded shit, it's up there because money.

And normal people give a shit about Batman because they like how complex he is.

Take your racism back to Sup Forums
We don't want you on this board.

-Signed, everyone on Sup Forums

>implying most contemporary moviegoers know jack shit about the original "The Birth of a Nation"
It's an appropriate title that also serves as an ironic allusion to a film that was about the birth of a DIFFERENT national identity, and which in fact depicted the opposite side of the same ethnic conflict.

cw was fun

shut up Sup Forumsmblr

>And normal people give a shit about Batman because they like how complex he is.

SOOOO?????

>Hey Superman is better than Captain America!
>Oh yeah?? Well Batman is better than Superman!!! ( And Captain America...)

I don't get what are you trying to say

>I liked it
DELETE THIS!!!

>I meant more in tone, "world building",editing, soundtrack, and failed character development.

Explain point by point without sounding like a retard ''the editing was shit, the soundtrack was too try hard, the character development was shit...''

>And most people hated the Joker/Harley

Nah, most people enojoyed those characters, Harley Quinn became the most popular new character of the year comic book wise. ( Black Panther? Pffff)

Yeah because the Civil War movie failling harder than the comic its such a great thing.

The comic was about politics, the movie was about Bucky, brilliant