Non Sup Forums properties that would be better as Sup Forums?

Non Sup Forums properties that would be better as Sup Forums?

Every shonen manga ever.

DBZ could work, but not in that style. It looks flash-animated.

>better as Sup Forums

To get every fanservice or violent scene cut off?

How being on the west would improve any shonen ever?

Think about it, if ATLA was japanese, Zuko, Sokka and Mai would be actually allowed to cut people.

How many times fire bending hurt anyone on the show? 2? 3?

ATLA without censors could work like FMA Brotherhood.

I think he's referring to comic books, not cartoons.

The edge hurts too much.

Having blood on a cartoon that REVOLVES around battle and war is edgy?

How do you even work?

>Defending fanservice
Oh you are one of those guys

Yep, there has /never/ been blood in Sup Forums media. Nope, inconceivable.

Punisher, OK, but the surprize is that he didn't immediately post Invincible.

Shantae cartoon when?

You know that I'm talking about cartoons, not comics. Even so, ATLA comics still have the same censors, unlike the Samurai Jack comics that pushed a little more.

You talk like BTAS and ATLA never had fanservice.

By not having the characters stop what they're doing in the middle of a fight to clumsily explain to the audience what the fuck is going on.
That is one of the biggest demerits that all shonen is guilty of.

Also fanservice is shit when it comes at the expense of the story which is always the case when dealing with shonen.

This comment is to be expected from a board that loses its shit when a characters has a drop of blood or says "piss"

Wouldn't it be better as an OVA instead, rather than Sup Forums?

Might as well say that whatever is made Sup Forums will also have to be animated with Flash or Toomboom and have to be designed by modern Calarts.

ON TOPIC

>anything originally based on a comic/manga
>better in the west's retarded system than in Japan's single author system

Non-burger here.
Were those books good at all? The covers always look like deviantart autism.

Fanservice can work if it is more casual and on a logic situation rather than forced on weird places.

Also, can show the development on the relationship of characters, considering that some level of sexuality is part of everybody's lives and development into adulthood.

These are amazing tho and I would love to read, but being western doesn't make it better, just the new take on it.

>Japan's single author system that forces the author to write and draw an entire issue by the weekend every week for years

The author of Naruto even said he couldn't draw the Boruto sequel manga because he was "physically unable to"

Avatar even has "beach episodes" and other SoL moments for pure romance and sexiness in costumes

like that episode when aang goes to a fire school and at the end he dances with katara and they drew her tits realistically pretty hot

>wanting nudity phobic amerifats making decision about anything

>Fanservice can work if it is more casual and on a logic situation rather than forced on weird places.
That's what I said. Also Fullmetal isn't shonen.

Berserk, HunterxHunter and Black Lagoom doesn't have this problem.

Isn't HxH notorious for having numerous delays and going on hiatus so much?

Fullmethal is shonen, mate.

What the fuck are you talking about? Please don't tell me you're one of those retards that think shounen is a genre.

Why do you think Berserk has so many delays and hiatuses. I am not saying that it is a better or a worse system but you have to acknowledge its strengths and weaknesses.

All of the ones that I mentioned go on long hiatus.

Still, show that there are other options than weekly making everything.

I know, I'm not saying that one is inheretly superior than other. See here

Why would you want to subject other properties to shit sales and horrible animated stories?

even if it was a genre, what makes fma different from naruto genre-wise? It's same war-type of story with supernatural elements, fma just ended way sooner and had much better quality

I stand corrected. Still that makes it an exception instead of the rule. There was hardly any fanservice in that show either.

more like if its not part of shonen jump it dosent count

Great ideas but the execution tended to be lacking, especially during the middle stretch with all the ghostwriters.

Still plenty of good stuff to make the series worthwhile.

Final Fantasy 6 has such good characters, writing, and lore that it'd make a pretty good action-adventure cartoon if those were still being made.

>Anime
>Having good animation

They are dark as fuck. It amuses me just how fucked up shit gets in them.

>Why do you think Berserk has so many delays and hiatuses
Idolmaster

They're good if you're in the intended age demographic, i.e. 8-12. They're probably not as good for older readers though.

At least better than Flash/Toomboom

If this was remade by (good) western writers with western sensibilities it would likely be better.

better question: Sup Forums properties that would better as something else

Shonen is often used to describe series that are ridiculously long with drawn out fights due to heavy exposition and filler episodes that lead to nowhere. Some other trademarks are exaggeration of blood (particularly coming out of the mouth), shouting the name of an attack during a fight with a complicated name, gratuitous amounts of fanservice, and having different groups of villains each with its own hierarchy where the hero always goes toe to toe with the one at the top while his allies get the minions.

So yes, shonen can be used to describe a slew of series with these elements.

What if it was made by a good japanese writter with japanese sensibilities?

people get hurt and bleed when they hurt each other.
there's nothing edgy about it. even a minor normie scuffle can result in a bloody nose

Actually, you are just defending using the word wrong.

It doesn't mean that.

abridge parody's are better than this

>So yes, shonen can be used to describe a slew of series with these elements.

Its like saying that capeshit is a correct term to refer to every comic

Words change meaning over time. 'Fag' is the epitome example. And now 'shonen' is synonymous with awful story practices.

Bioshock Infinite. Gameplay was absolutely ass. I really just wanted the story. Didn't bother finishing it.

It's ya bois

Not really.

You are just showing that you have no idea on what you are talking about and using shonen to describe "things that I don't like"".

Miura has free reign to take as much time as he wants with Berserk because it's fucking Berserk. It's also the ONLY reason anyone reads Young Animal, if they lose Berserk they go out of business so they're not going to try to put pressure on Miura and make him go somewhere else

Alternatively.

>And now 'shonen' is synonymous with awful story practices.

This dramatic novel is so shonen. I can't stand this romcom movie, the story's just shonen you know? The lyrics in that song are just shonen.

They did this tho

Shonen just refers to anime aimed at a teenage demographic.

This is kind of a foreign concept in western countries since animation in those places is either for children or sometimes adults. You generally don't see stuff specifically made for teenagers though.

Although, if we're being honest that's basically what adult swim is, despite the name.

>A word changes because I say so!
Boy, you're fucking retarded.
Shonen literally means "young adult".
Nichijou and Fist of the North Star both fall under this category, they were both published in "Shonen" magazines.

You just basically said the equivalent of "Every western comic is Marvel/DC"

shonen is young boy like shojo is young girl

You fucking retard.
Yes, I'm fucking mad, and btw
>gratuitous amounts of fanservice,
That's more seinen then anything.

Projecting and I'm not the one who says so. If a large enough group of people say x means y, then that is what it means. That's how language works.
I gave strict criteria, not whimsical fancies.

Try to keep your spaghetti in your pocket when you visit other boards Sup Forums.

The possibility of decent character development and a less stringent adherance to tired cliches would be nice. I know the west does this too but not nearly as egregiously.

>That's more seinen then anything

I'm guessing you never saw Fairy Tail.

>If a large enough group of people say x means y, then that is what it means. That's how language works.
By that logic you're still fucking wrong. So far 8 people have called you out for being wrong, while your the only one who holds that definition.

You got 4 or so people calling you out here buddy.

Because this thread is filled with Sup Forums, one of the most zealous and self-righteous boards on Sup Forums.

Have seen the abridged parody, and it is. It actually fills in some plotholes and fleshes out character relationships better too.

Well then I guess we should start putting Sup Forums definitions in the Sup Forums dictionary since they are on if the biggest boards.

and I'm guessing you've never seen
My balls, ./Blush, Gantz, Btome, Fire Fire Fire, Freezing and its several spin off etc, et fucking cetera

Just stop this meme argument. Y'all are just arguing semantics at this point.

We all know what someone means when they say "shounen" so leave it at that.

>We all know what someone means when they say "shounen" so leave it at that.
Yeah, a manga printed in a Shonen magazine.

>I was wrong, lets all pretend I'm not

Someone should make a "read" and "skip" list. There's so much fucking garbage in that series, but some of it was so damn good.

Point is there are shonen that have gratuitous fanservice.

These are fucking awesome.

"Derringer" is a perfect example of "shonen" changing meaning.

>priest korean comic
>a priest sells his soul to a demon, to get revenge on a fallen angel. fights supernatural shit
>stylized western

>priest Sup Forums
>a priest is part of the popes super pope strike force, and he fights vampires
>set in a dystopian future

>priest Sup Forums
>tokyopop says fuck it, that movie that did bad deserves a series
>canceled after 1 issue because tokyopop died

Point is it's not synonymous with that sole demographic, and is far more blatant and plentiful in seinen.

The point is that it's retarded to have "gratuitous fanservice" be a specific characteristic of shonen when it's present even more in other demographics

I just found the idea of referring to anything with poor story-telling practices regardless of medium to be funny. Like disregarding a story someone told you as being "shonen" kinda cracks me up for some reason.

Different genres can have common elements. Sci Fi and fantasy both often take advantage of the unexplained and bizarre settings.

Technically, that's what meme are for.

Alright, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Disney XD, or Netflix.

She looks like she was lifted directly from a nazi propaganda poster. THat's uncanny

I'm not the other guy.

Arguing semantics again.

Shonen is not a "genre".

I think the valuable lesson we all took away from this thread is how to easily trigger Sup Forums. I know I'm gonna get plenty of mileage out of it.

GOOD sci-fi NEVER has "unexplained and bizarre settings" ,it has "unexplained and bizarre" elements. Because "unexplained and bizarre settings" are hard to justify from scientific point of view.
Space operas does.But it's just fantasy sub-genre.

Infinite's story also sucked ass after the first couple hours, hope this helps.

Yes, we all know Star Wars isn't sci fi. Give it a rest trekkie.

It still hurts user. Why won't this pain go away?

Dude, this is just a conversation. I don't even go to Sup Forums.

My main board is Sup Forums that happens to also be the easiest board to bait, we have more or less 5 or 6 capeshit bait threads now by Sup Forums.