But how did he know about the horse?

He went straight to that furnace and found it. Wtf, am I missing something?

Your brain

It was a real memory implanted

I can't even tell if anons are pretending to be retarded or not anymore

That's what autism is.

She implanted the memory so they could mislead the audience and have a clever twist

Stick to capeshit, you have justice league and that thor movie coming out, have fun with those.

hurrrrr

>Being this much of brainlet

Are you a woman?

The real question is, why was the wood worth so much?

Are you actually for real?
He was at the orphanage because he knew the child had been there, who he thought was himself, and recognised the furnace area.

It sounds convoluted like that, but honestly it really wasn't hard to follow at all and if you had trouble you should probably just kys

trees extinct

Probably because of the high density of trees we saw throughout the movie

but why did she implant the dream in the first place?

It's her job

dumb dumb

She literally said it was illegal to implant real dreams

The whole rebellion thing y'know

>We all think it's us

Really pricks my cactus

She didn't implant the dream to start the rebellion

why did she do it?

So it was for recruitment? But he didn't find the horse because of the dream. He went there on the orphanage lead. So how would dream mean anything to anyone else? Obviously no one else had that dream and found the horse because it was still in the furnace. So did the others have other dreams that somehow made them think they were the 'chosen one'?

I doubt there's that many in this rebellion, we only saw about 5.
So yes I don't think it's unreasonable to think she's memories to try to get replicants to find the rebel HQ whatever you wanna call it in one way or another.
Most times it leads nowhere, enough times it works. Any single replicant can do quite a lot of damage you wouldn't need an army to fuck shit up.

Because it was her job to make dreams and she was breaking the law by implanting real memories. I guess it was illegal to implant real memories because of the chance that it could cause some free thinking replicants like the ones starting the rebellion

*implanting memories

that doesn't explain why she did it.

Is this dumb asshole still pushing his fucking "Stelline is a resistance recruiter" bullshit? Fuck off already, your theory is retarded.

she implanted the memory in k because he was manufactured to be a blade runner so that he could solve the mystery and reunite her with her father. The question is :was K the only one?

When wallace said he has "millions" (of children) was he talking about replicants or did he really have sex with millions of women. I guess its possible cause hes so rich but idk

>he's not excited for the most kino capeshit of the year
Stick to Marvel, kiddo.

You aren't telling me how he KNEW it was there.

Why was such a shitty villain?

She was a whiny little bitch 99% of the time on the screen
Rutger Haur was threatening and cool even when he was a whiny bitch

Leto was the actual villain, bud.

He had sex with millions of women - probably the biggest clue to how he lost his eyesight

right. This is the other one I've heard people say.

So the plan was to implant this memory into x amount of bladrunners and hope that you happen to hit the one that finds the date on the tree that matches with the horse, solve the rest of the mystery, hope that her father's location can somehow be determined by the wood of the horse and after all this also hope that the bladerunner is converted and doesn't just turn her in. Really?

K is a replicant, the newer models are kept mentally stable by giving them fake memories that teach them moral values, for example the memory of standing alone against bullies them to have backbone even if against impossible odds, and stoically just take the beatings. Wallace's company hires the Memory Maker to keep producing memories that are implanted into the replicants, and she is apparently the best maker of memories. Giving replicants real memories, that are straight up copies of human behaviour is illegal for reasons not clearly explained, but maybe it's that way to ensure the replicants don't start experiencing too much humanity. The memories are supposed to work as "moral scripts", not random childhood dreams. Despite this, somehow the daughter ends up either knowingly or unknowingly reproducing one of her childhood memories and sells it to Wallace who plants it into many replicants because it's a high quality memory.
K is one of the numerous replicants who ends up with the memory. However, for other replicants the series of number written in the wooden horse never make any sense. When K finds out Rachel's grave, only then he realizes the connection, the same date is carved into wall at Sapper Mortons house, and as well into the horse. It's the death day of Rachel, and birthday of the daughter who is the only replicant born of a woman.
Eventually K realizes that the date on the grave, and his implanted memory of hiding a horse into the furnace have same number carved, and when investigating the orphanage where the child supposedly ended up, realizes the place fits his fake memory and finds the same furnace that the girl used to hide the horse several decades before.
Upon finding the horse, that fits his fake childhood memory, he has an existential crisis as he very well knows he is a replicant, can't remember other childhood memories, yet he also knows that according to his memory he himself planted the horse there decades ago.

>le weirdo guy who does bible quotes and grabs women in the pussy

He was too comically creepy to take seriously.

Not to mention he is supposed to be an idiot compared to the goofy manlet with glasses from the first movie

on top of this, hope the horse is still somehow still in the furnace

Surely it's just

>grabs women in the pussy
He never did this.

He was the only jewy part of the movie, apart from the nudity, it's the quintessential evil goy caricature

>>We all think it's us
That's not what she said. She said we all think we're special. That doesn't mean they all had the same memory of the horse. They wouldn't even be able to connect it to the anything without the context K had.

She doesn't have any control over which replicants get with memories idiot.

When this is the best reason for him having the dream you know it's just a plot device to mislead the audience

Are you American by any chance?

Are you?

You're right we should've just followed some replicant who always obeyed

We know for sure that the prostitute had the same horse memory

or, you know, just written a better story

Yeah like a replicant that obeys without question

Literally her fucking job is to control which replicants have what dream.

This movie had problems, this plot thread wasn't one of them.

Are people really this stupid? The Post.

Go back to capeshit, you imbecile.

We do?

Her job is to make dreams for replicants

Why are unicorn horns worth so much?

Because blade runners are good friends to have.

When she wakes up after the sex she picks up the horse and says something like "from the memory"

Her job is to make memories. The Wallace company (or whatever it is called) controls which replicants has what memory.Though it would most likely be completely random

Aight my bad then, guess I just assumed she had a basic idea of what memory was going to whatever type of replicant

Christ I hope OP is b8 or at least that he was drunk as fuck or something when he saw the movie

When they catch K at her bubble house Joshi does call it an upgrade center. So it's probably possible to pay to get another memory. So in that case she would have some control over which memory goes to certain replicants

this thread has pretty much proved to me that it is

Because it makes the pee pee of chinese businessmen hard

Only thing that this thread confirmed is that you're a retard.

Your post has demonstrated that youre an ass with the mentation level of a fire hydrant. Go drink some dog piss you stupid cunt.

I hope one day I find a movie that I want to defend this irrationally

>in the dream the kid has his hair
>in the orphanage only the girls have hair and the boys all have shaved heads
Bravo, Denis

the thread proves that there's a plethora of imbeciles who demand that movie takes time to provide exposition for every single detail of it.

I hate expositions (even in this movie, i didn't like when Deckard was explaining stuff to K, cause it felt a bit expositiony). But clearly, for many baboons you just have to have characters explaining their past and their actions because otherwise the baboons will go
>the plot wasn't done right, it is never explained why blah-blah.

K imagined it was him

It's a unicorn with a broken horn.

If the plot is good you don't need a lot of exposition

I have no complaints about the amount of exposition in 2049. The plot is just weak.

The dust on his pillow when he wakes up.

The reason this movie is flopping in us is that it doesnt have enough exposition. You have to get normies on your side, Dennis said fuck that and went full kino. You cant make money if you go full kino

1. This movie wasn't about the plot.
2. You agree with OP, and don't think he's a retard?

No, she says "From a real tree..."

and this is why hollywood spoon-feeds its audience even in movies trying to be more artsy

america made cinema, made it shit, then made it even shittier
thanks amerifats

Not true. For detective/noir movies, dialogue often needs exposition, because by its very nature the detective is exposing something.

...I run blades

Its also illegal to post cunny yet ppl post it here all the time

kek you might be right tho idk how she would know its from a real tree

>1. This movie wasn't about the plot.
Agreed. Neither was the first one. But the first had a super simple plot without any major holes so all the emphasis was put on the themes. This one has a more complicated plot with many holes which takes away from its attempt at themes.

>2. You agree with OP, and don't think he's a retard?
I agree that there is no good reason for K having the dream

How could the tree be from Las Vegas, if Deckard went there to hide but never came back?

When did he give her the horse?

is for

Why was she surprised/sad about it then? I thought the memory was very emotional to a fragile girl like her. Had it been her plan she would have looked more shocked about it.

Giving replicants human memories have consequences the movie itself shows. It will make the replicant think they're real humans or even impersonate the owner of the memory.

the reason why movie is ARGUABLY flopping is because it isn't done using the same old blockbuster recipe that, for example, Joss Whedon does right in all his Marvel movies, which is why they're successfull

- there's no comic relief / running gag within movie
- no Mary Sue female character that's just so all-around impressive.
- no shallow banter
- the mandatory love story within movie is...too unorthodox for normies to get behind.
- slow pacing

When I watched in cinema I heard some normie left of me try to start a laugh at some mildly amusing moment in the movie (can't remember what exactly), and then just awkardly went quiet when nobody followed. Because he's wired to be expected to laugh at regular intervals during blockbuster.

It's not just for a clever twist, it sets up K into thinking he's a real boy. Remember when he said "my kind doesn't run", then proceeds to run when he thinks he's the child?

The origami sheep was the only good part of the movie.

TFW you'll never have a supercute artificial waifu such as this.

>I agree that there is no good reason for K having the dream

It is created by... whats-her-name, the Miracle Child. Now we can debate what her motive was for adding that memory, whether it is explained by the movie, whether the director explains it. But it comes back
- i dont demand of the movie to provide exposition for every single action, especially done decades ago.
They could have easily expanded the final scene, where she explains Deckard why she did it, and it would be an unnecessary addition.

>She literally said it was illegal to implant real dreams

It wasn't a dream, it was a memory.

She also said all her best memories have an element of truth in them.

BR2049 takes itself too seriously.

THEN I CLAPPED WHEN HE MADE THE ORIGAMI

I CLAPPED BECAUSE ITS A THING THAT I KNOW

IT BROKE NEW GROUND

They could have recorded her memory by the time he was put in the cell.

There is nothing to suggest she was the one who consciously recorded it or recreated it.

Wait, isn't there a picture of Rachel next to the tree with the baby?

That would be an easy line to forget, when it was said at the very beginning of the movie and the dream was like an hour and a half in with tons of dialouge having gone on.

> le """""""""""""""""motivated lighing""""""""""""""""""xDDDD
old britcuck c""""""""""""""imematography""""""" is absolute joke

She died from bleeding from the C section. That is not Rachel, probably the resistance lady.

Sure. I agree.

The problem is that you can basically say that about any plot hole. But plot holes can be a problem. This movie is full of them and imo suffers because of it. This thread is just about one of them so I was curious.

I also have problems with the characters/themes but maybe in another thread