Will it win any Academy Awards?

Will it win any Academy Awards?

Lol no. Hollywood will give it to another Gay Nigger movie that no one saw.

Deakins will win. That's the only lock.

It will win
Best Production Design
Best Cinematography
Best Sound Editing (Sound Mixing goes to Dunkirk)
Best Visual Effects

>SKINJOBSKINJOBSKINJOB
>WALLWALLWALL
of course
It's possible this cold war era tier propaganda piece might even win best picture u less something more "serious" comes out

Perhaps "mother!" But that's a stretch compared this shit

>(Sound Mixing goes to Dunkirk)
Dunkirk had some of the worst sound mixing I've heard in film.

Why are you in every thread?

You probably think of just how loud the soundtrack was, while the actual sound mixing (sounds of guns firing, Stuka divebombing, boats sinking, people drowning) was superb.

It'll win a bunch of the technical awards. Might get nominated for best picture but won't be a serious contender.

Historically this is what happens to excellent science fiction films.

>Cold war era propaganda piece.
>That happens to use the exact same continuity i.e. "skinjob" as its predecessor
>And emphasizes the role of free will and self determination above all else.

Spoilers:
I'm sure communists would fucking love a propaganda story about freedom of choice, and deciding NOT to help a revolutionary movement of slaves to destroy society

>(sounds of guns firing, Stuka divebombing, boats sinking, people drowning)
That's Sound Editing you moron. The music was mixed too fucking loud with the dialogue. I couldn't understand a good 30% of the movie.

>scifi
>winning oscars
Choose one

Like mad max(and gravity) it'll get all the technical awards but it won't get best picture because the genre isn't "serious" enough for them

Do the Soviets use Replicants in ther labor force and armies?

well they're not wrong

It SHOULD win these ones:
Best Picture (Blade Runner 2049)
Best Director (Denis Villeneuve)
Best Actor in a Leading Role (Ryan Gosling)
Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Jared Leto or Harrison Ford)
Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Sylvia Hoeks)
Best Animated Short Film (Black Out 2022)
Best live action short film (Nexus Dawn or Nowhere to Run)
Best Cinematography (Roger Deakins)
Best Costume Design
Best Film Editing (Joe Walker)
Best Makeup and Hairstyling
Best Original Score (Hans Zimmer and Benjamin Wallfisch)
Best Original Song (Tears in the Rain)
Best Production Design
Best Sound Editing
Best Sound Mixing
Best Visual Effects
Best Original Screenplay (Hampton Fancher and Michael Green)

If only

>that no one saw

this is such a brainlet complaint and has never been a valid one

This is the Oscars lad
Not the I watch less than 10 films a year in betweeen video games while covered in cheeto dust awards

What's your favourite film this year?

Best Cinematography
Best Production Design
Maybe Best Director
Dunkirk will win everything else

some gay nigger oscar bait movie will win more awards than Dunkirk and Kino Runner

It's actually just gay white dudes this year.

At least /ourguy/ Suffy might get a best original song oscar.

hehe. Don't let the fedora get too tight, bud.

Don't get carried away, boys, the year's not over yet.

The fact that he's never won is astounding and this is beyond a doubt his best work.

stupid fangay

I'm happy that Sup Forums likes a movie for once. Drive and Fury Road seem to be the only movies Sup Forums has been this excited for

Don't worry
plebs like will watch that and claim its the best film of the year after

Malick's Radegund might be great too

I'm seeing it tomorrow lads. what am I in for?

Who gives a shit?

Should get "best supporting actress" award
Will probably get some technical award though

totally seeing that if gets released here

When is the Sup Forums Memey awards ?

I'm sure you're baiting, but I just want everyone to know that the shorts released for background and promotional material are garbage that actively diminish the impact of the main film.

The animated one in particular was cheesy garbage and a testament to why I'm always cautious to watch weeaboo animation.

they're bisexual bleb

Also every day that I can't listen to "visions of gideon" again is suffering.

not like you can compare it to anything, besides maybe gotg2 and wonder woman

MY fav so far is La mort de Louis XIV, at least out of the few 2017 I've seen

>cheeto dust awards
jej, accurate

>Best Original Song (Tears in the Rain)
Neither original nor a song

Moonlight was the best movie that year though, one of the very few times the oscars got it right

Nobody asked you, faggot

hi BrBa fan!

hi Westworld fan!
...are we playing guess each other's favorite shows? I don't get it

>movie looks worse and sounds worse than the original
>nigger thinks it will win any of the technical oscars
lmfao
BR2049 fans are only slightly more delusional than the BVS fanboys around here

Baselessly knocks user for not having watched enough other 2017 films
Admits to not watching many 2017 films and when pressed comes up with a 2016 film not in English about gangrene
Was it autism, Sup Forums?

It absolutely wasn't
It wasn't even in the Top 5 of those nominated

Hacksaw Ridge, Hell or High Water, Fences, Manchester by the Sea, hell even Lion were all better
Arrival and La La Land were barely worse

No, it was better than all of those. But thanks for the well reasoned argument man, tell me more in that vein!

I prefer watching older films. I'm sure that user has watched more 2017 than me, that's not what I was saying. I follow directors and don't bother with trash and capeshit.

and I know gangrene doesn't involve many explosions and cgi sadly, but that's the best I can do

Makes baseless claim. Demands rigor in response. 'K, bud

Moonlight had legitimately bad acting outside of Naomi Harris who's on screen for like 3 minutes and Ali who also had a bit part and gave more of a shit in mediocre Netflix series. Both kids that played Chiron were incapable of emoting. The kid from Lion acted circles around them

The writing and pacing were awful. There is literally no memorable dialogue. Everything is on the nose and banal. "Don't let anyone call you faggot". Great stuff

The score was discordant and repellent. The cinematography was mediocre. There was no plot. The lead was a black hole of charisma. The whole thing came off as a freshman film school project. Don't be such a sucker for hype

>Moonlight had legitimately good acting outside of Naomi Harris who's on screen for like 3 minutes and Ali who also had a bit part and gave more of a shit in mediocre Netflix series. Both kids that played Chiron were capable of emoting. They ran circles around that kid from Lion
>The writing and pacing were stellar. Literally all of the dialog is memorable. Nothing is on the nose or banal. "Don't let anyone call you faggot". Great stuff
>The score was moving and gorgeous. The cinematography was superb. There was no plot. The lead was a shining beacon of charisma. The whole thing came off as a master-level filmmaking. Glad this lived up to the hype
It's hilarious that you think you are actually engaging in film discussion

>Gets valid criticism
>HAHA YOU SERIOUS?!? XD

> I have severe autism and rather than engage in discourse will instinctively leap into a meme to mask the lack of merit to my parroted opinions
Nice to know, friendo

>list things like "plot" and "score" and "acting" and put adjectives in front of them
>"valid criticism!"
Try again

Every element of the film was touched upon and found wanting
You're the one claiming vacant stares and "don't say faggot" constitute good dialogue and acting, why don't you try making a case for that my good rube?
btw the score was intentionally discordant and the film was made in large part by amateurs, it was far closer to first semester film school project than masterwork

>Every element of the film was touched upon and found wanting
You didn't offer a single reason WHY you thought the acting was vacant, or why that one line of dialog is representative of the entire film, or what about the (intentionally) discordant score worked against the film, etc. You have no ability to actually dissect a movie and you literally think saying "bad plot, acting, etc" constitutes film discussion. And yeah, Citizen Kane was the work of a first-time filmmaker.

No. The academy will barely acknowledge it because it looks like "Blue and Orange: the Long Lost Sequel (with Throwbacks!)"

I bet half the reason why so many people weren't willing to pay BR2049 any mind was because it is the third "return of classic Harrison Ford character as old man Harrison Ford" movie, (after IJ4 and TFA) and the previous two weren't so great.

Yea given that the production side of the film featured directors and editors that were total novices and a cinematographer who's only notable work was Kevin Smith's Tusk it's actually pretty funny he would try to pretend they were masterful instead of accepting their limitations + deserved criticisms and defending the movie on the merits of its social commentary like the critics he's aping

He has like 10 minutes of screentime and the teal/orange is on the poster only

I know, I'm talking about people's perceptions of it without having watched it. The marketing for this movie really shit the bed, and voters in the academy don't have to actually watch all the nominees for an award to vote for the winner

The acting was vacant because the main character was intentionally devoid of expression and had the same glazed look the entire film. This was an intentional choice, I'm not sure how you missed it

The dialogue wasn't memorable so I don't remember it. That's the point. What I do recall was trite duosyllabic mumbling. Show me one example of good writing, I dare you

The film's score was intentionally discordant. It came out pretty sucky my dude, a failed experiment. You liked them screeches? Honestly and truly?

The pacing was a complete mess, dawdling far too long in scenes and rushing past the only moments of development. You freely admit there was no plot

Like the other user said, the cinematographer was the noob from Tusk. It showed. If I wanted bleak, grey static shots with poor framing and clumsy cuts, I'd watch Tusk again because at least it was vaguely stimulating

Well, considering Sup Forums is already prematurely calling it the MotY... yes, it will definitely sweep the Academy.

No other movie will win a single award.

Get

he say you brade runna

1. Ghost Hunting
2. The Woman Who Left
3. El mar la mar
4. Quality Time
5. On the Beach at Night Alone
6. Dark Night
7. Rey
9. Sleep Has Her House
10. Voyage of Time

And you?

4/10 get

Wasted get.

It sucked

Favourite line from the first film.

Hory shet

ugh, that show.

Post is exceptional
Digits are Sublime and Divine

neat

Lol no. Hollywood elite might give them something for visuals and that's about it, though the new and improved "inclusive" Star Wars will probably get that. Some limited-release, unremarkable drama will rake in the awards.

Sounds like the academy awards to me.

Jesus fuck this board is awful with gets, it really is astounding. Just based off of the law of averages you'd think one single get would be decent but no, every last one of them is shit. It defies all logic at this point.

I best picture nod would be justified. wouldn't win though

If he doesn't win this year I'll be upset

>all these underageb&s don't recognize this line from the original

is it me or has it gone totally quiet on this film? no official title, no trailer and it comes out in december. what the fuck is going on?

You

Sp00ky g00ky

I'm just back from the cinemas.

This movie is a fucking masterpiece and it deserves every stupid price on the market. Dare I say, this is probably the best movie of [current millennia] so far. If you think otherwise please name your pick for best of the millennia.

is it me or has it gone totally quiet on this film? no official title, no trailer and it comes out in december. what the fuck is going on?

A Separation is the best movie of the millennium.

You list the others you consider best
lets see if you're cinematic weight matches your cheeto dust weight

based gook post

I can name loads of better films
>Moonlight
>Lion
>12 years a slave
>selma
>blue is the warmest color

i could go on

I loved The Salesman, defiantly the best drama I've seen this year. I need to get round to A Separation

You can't be serious, are you one of the actors?

Hard to tell, I'm usually not the kind of guy who has favorite things. A few that come to mind:
- Stoker
- Drive
- Upstream Color
- maybe Tron

Sorry those are all horrible in my opinion. Typical oscar bait.