Civil War 2 just started

>Civil War 2 just started
>Inhumans v X-Men is about to start
>Secret Empire after that

Jesus Christ, when is it time to fucking stop the events?

So is this going to be another Hero vs Hero or did Marvel wise up?

>Civil War 2 just ENDED

I R IDIOT

This is also wrong
>>Inhumans v X-Men is about to start
It already started.

They for whatever crackpot fucking reason seem to think this is the direction to go in.... I really dont see it stopping until they really come to realise shit aint working. I'm not a company war faggot but seeing whats been happening to 80% of Marvels output has been fucking tragic.

IT doesn't matter if marvel wised up, we're on Bendis's wild ride, next stop brown town.

>next stop brown town.
lewd.

If Spencer's writing I don't see the problem with this. He did a great job with Avengers Standoff and Cap Hydra is awesome.

Man, if only I cared that much about Cap/Avengers shit to be interested in this.

Spencer is a good writer, I get the feeling he's being fucked around with my editorial in a big way because he's on Cap right now....

>Spencer going to ruin the legacy of one of the greatest Cap arcs with his liberal bullshit

We should have listened to Sup Forums

Have you read Gruenwald's Cap run?

>Jesus Christ, when is it time to fucking stop the events?
When they stop producing the sales numbers they want. It's that simple.

I want this event to start with Captain America just murdering a Tumblr favorite hero.

>when is it time to fucking stop the events?
When they stop making money.

Who the fuck is buying this!? Please someone tell me what the fuck kind of mongoloid is buying this crap!?

It's gonna be Captain Hydra vs. The World.
The heroes will all unite to fight the greatest villain the world has ever seen.

Not all of it

Don't forget about Monsters Unleashed, coming this month. At least that's just Heroes vs Giant Monsters, not Hero vs Hero.

Figures.

Eh, I'm enjoying both cap Hydra and falcon. The only thing I'd switch is giving him Thunderbolts too.

The white, blonde, male Captain America is truly evil.

So is Monsters Unleashed coming after Inhumans vs X-Men or is it going to be running alongside it?

Not like this is anything new. Marvel has had a crossover a year since 80's.

Harold MacMillan warned us decades ago:

"Events, dear boy, events."

How can writers develop characters if they are constantly dragged into events, plot driven events thus severely cripple character arcs.

Alongside it, MU starts this month.

No, now they ship free comics to shops and then inflate the sales numbers.

Yeah, but not several in a year.

they've done several a year for at least the last 4, even if they weren't planned that way (secret wars going long)

As long as its not written by Bendis its a marked improvement.

Okay thanks. I'll be honest I'm actually kind of excited for Monsters Unleashed. Looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Pissing off people gets sales. It's a tested method

The method is failing.

Shut the fuck up, Brevoort.

I trust MU a lot more than other events because that at least is a personal project from Cullen Bunn. No "This will change everything", No forced deaths, just heroes vs. Monsters.

>We should have listened to a bunch of retards
Why don't we better listen Sup Forums?

How the fuck has Disney not stepped in and told Marvel Comics that they're fucking up the image of one of their most popular IP's? It doesn't matter if in the story he's redeemed. When the public gets wind of shit they just run with it. I've had classmates tell me "isn't he a Nazi in the comics now?" when they see my cap patch. Fuck, man.

I have a friend who still goes "didn't they make green lantern gay?" because of how much press they gave to Earth 2's launch at the start of new52

Short term boost in media attention matter more than the long term fallout. You never want to damage your IP's to the general public. DC is a tiny bit better at this but man, Marvel seems to ONLY be thinking in the short term.

Because no one gives a fuck about comics.

Now if they made Cap a Hydra agent in the movies, then they might have a problem. But as long as it's in comics, they can turn him into a black transsexual rabbit otherkin alien from the future, and no one outside of a tiny audience will give a fuck.

The Mouse won't step in until there's correlated evidence of the comics damaging the MCU's bottom line

If Stohl hasn't rectified Captain Marvel's image by the time her movie comes out and the film tanks, the Mouse will clean house...

Those havenĀ“t stoped since 2007 user.

That's usually the case and thank fuck for that. The problem is Marvel these days keeps trying to push these plot developments and mantle changes onto mainstream media. Jane Thor on the View, Hydra Cap all over CNN, FOX, and MSNBC. They need readers so bad that they'll promote this shit to a general public who doesn't care or even know where the fuck to buy comics. So to them it's all "CAP IS A NAZI AND THAT MEANS HE'LL BE ONE IN DA MOVIES!" "THOR HAS VAGINA AND THAT'LL BE MOVIES TOO!"

That's what I mean about damaging the IP.

Yet which one's the one with the movie? Thor or Whor? Nigga go on the View all you want to announce Whor, but Thor's the one getting all the marketing and merchandising. Same with Captain Falcon, yet Cap getting all the merch behind him

HYDRA Cap hilariously wasn't something they did a big push for. People just wouldn't shut up about it because no one seems to understand the ongoing part of ongoing comics

the ironing is delicious

I'm pissed and have a throw in a bums oil drum amount of money yet I'm still not buying this shit.

Even Chris Evans getting mad was fucking hilarious. I'm positive they reworked the following issue in a panic to give away the reveal that Skull has altered reality to calm people down. That issue felt like it was supposed to be the twist at the end of the story arc.

> reworked the following issue in a panic.

i'd say anyone with a fucking brain could've put together what was happening with the plot and also understands that you can't make a comic in a week but whatever makes you sleep better.

they literally can't make comics that fast.

even if they changed the dialogue to reveal that, it all still fit the art too well to have been a last minute fix.

>you can't make a comic in a week

How do you explain weekly comics, huh? HUH? BUSTED

>when is it time to fucking stop the events?
When people stop buying

the things they work months and years ahead of time to put out?

I wonder if Bunn's going to include the Monsters of Evil in the event. He did create them after all and its his event. And if he does include them it also makes wonder if he's going to have Mania appear in the event, since she still has the Hell-Mark which allows her to control them.

probably not.

though considering the book comes out in 2 weeks, and except for it revolving around some kid from Pak's Hulk, I feel like we know almost nothing about its plot, anything could ahppen really.

>will be the best event of the year
>will have shitty sales because Marvel doesn't care about it since it doesn't CHANGE EVERYTHING FOREVER

Marvel might not be over promoting it like they normally do with events, but the amount of tie-ins are rather promising (and most are by newer or little known creators)

and supposedly two books will spin out of it, but I don't think we'll find those out til next round of solicits.

I'm betting a Kid Kaiju book will spin out.

Hopefully this leads to a Kid Kaiju Heroclix piece and a colossal AmeriKaiju piece as well

most likely.

maybe a Bloodstone book as well? Those two seem to be the only non-monster primary characters

Well yeah, whites are nothing but trouble.

Oh, yeah. Though, they could fold Kid Kaiju and Elsa Bloodstone into one book.

I bought half of it for the art, but my Hastings closed.

There's no way it's not gonna be an Elsa book.
Which I'm more than ok with, as long as it's violent and funny.
Elsa Bloodstone Marvel Legends toy when?

This isn't a weekly comic. Just to put it in perspective, do you think comics get delayed just because Brevoort's an imbecile? Of course, there's no denying he takes the opportunity to delay the fuck out of a book, but usually, the original and legitimate reason is because the artist needs more time. It's that hard to put out a comic in a month (at least for decent/good/excellent artists).

lol nice try, Spencer. You're a terrible writer and part of the cancer killing Marvel.

for whatever reason when bad things happen to Cap it gets pops from the media. He dies, interviews on CNN. He turns out to be a secret Nazi, front page of the newspaper. It won't stop until Cap's sucking cock by the dumpster behind Dairy Queen just so he can feed his heroin addiction

Go back to bed, Bendis.

You forgot about Monsters Unleashed

when is the next issue of Inhumies vs muties coming out?

What exactly is Kid Kaiju's powers?
Can he transform into monsters or just summon them?

Fuck off, man. You're probably triggered because he's liberal and haven't read any of his comics.

>I've only read Superior Foes

>you can't make a comic in a week

um, Garfield did it for 20 years.

Newspaper comics also have lead times that take a month or so. You seriously didn't know that? Did you seriously think the comic was automatically done in a day for the next day?

Only Secret Empire and CW2 seem like big events, IvX is just between those two.

They typically only do one event a year; just because it's a big story like IvX or Monster's Unleashed doesn't make it an event even if the marketing uses that word.

Shut the fuck up you stupid whore.

You forgot about about the Monsters Unleashed book.

Maybe to a point, but I know plenty of people, myself included, that have dropped Marvel titles all together.
Sick of their shit.

Marvel still makes comics?

TIL

If they insist on constant events at least they'll get into a groove after a couple events. It kind of depends on the writer behind the event too. Civil War 2 doesn't even register a score it was so bad, and such a gimmick/non-story because of fucking Bendis. Bendis? Bendis.This is Spencer's event and he's a pretty crafty guy when it comes to characters motivations and subterfuge. The next event is Al Ewing's "Eternity War" or whatever it's going to be called and is currently being set up in the amazing Ultimates 2 book, and Ewing has shown himself time and time again to be one of the most perceptive and adroit yarn-spinners working at the big 2 for a while now. Using material regardless of how obscure so long as it's exactly what he needs for the story at the moment, and a great character writer but perhaps most importantly especially nowadays; he knows how to inject a ton of fun into a book, so i'm not dreading the next few events.

So glad CW2's over

Nice greentexting assumptions, m80. I've read Foes, Ant-Man, both Cap series, and Standoff. And I like all of them

>I have shit taste
Might as well say you liked both his Secret Avengers runs. Or Avengers World. Or Iron Man 2.0. Or Morning Glories. Or basically everything he's ever written that wasn't Superior Foes, Bedlam or that one Jimmy Olsen issue

Are any of those guys classic Kirby monsters? If not then no.

Summon them by drawing them

Sounds a tad boring, I hope that's not the only thing he can do.

>one of the greatest Cap arcs

Broheim, just because Cap being brainwashed into thinking he's Hydra is a cool gimmick doesn't make it one of the best Cap arcs ever written.

So wait, is the Big Bad of ''Secret Empire" going to turn out to be Donald Trump?

>brainwashed

But is that what happened? Or did Kobik actually change his history?

I'm putting it at a 75% chance.

Nah man, it's gonna be revealed that Red Skull actually brainwashed American citizens to vote for Trump.

Plus, it doesn't have any forced tie-ins interrupting the books' narratives. Most of the tie-ins seem to be one-shots by a different creative team than the main book.

>Even Chris Evans getting mad
No he didn't, all he did was post a tweet thayread "Hydra? Say it ain't so!". He obviously knew not to take this seriously.

The plot seems to be OC monsters summoned by Kid Kaiju vs Classic Kirby Monsters.

Will my boy American Kaiju be part of it?

He'll be in USAvengers

We've been saying this since what... Secret Invasion? You can argue longer. They don't give a fuck.

That is practically true in real life.

Even Trump doesn't deny anymore that - but schtum, schtum.

I'm so fucking done with all these from Marvel.

when everything's a big earth-shaking event that promises nothing will ever be the same again, then NOTHING is a big event that yadda yadda.

Events are just loud story arcs to Marvel now.

I'm pretty sure Kobik changed Steve's personal history, but only his history--a localized effect that doesn't effect the rest of the world. The villains in Pleasant Hills had their true selves altered as well, but everyone in SHIELD clearly knew who they were supposed to be.

Though I guess we'll only know for sure what the exact nature of Kobik's changes to Steve's past involved and how far it reaches when we see his conversation with Zemo, given that he currently thinks him and Zemo were best buds back in the day.