Is DVD collection still symbol of status in America?

Is DVD collection still symbol of status in America?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/nerdgirl20/videos
instagram.com/harvesthollow20/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

virgin status? yes

someone need to make "the virgin collector vs the chad streamer"

good trap

For pawn shops maybe

whos this semen demon

>streamer

Was it ever?

My parents-in-law do this shit. They aren't rich (lower middle-class), but have tons of DVDs and CDs.

Such a waste of money.

Cardboard cutouts of anything in your room is highly suspect. Don't do it, kids.

who is qt?

>DVD collection still symbol of status in America?
What the fuck americlaps, explain this shit?

It was never a symbol of status in america, you fat fucking nerd, niether is your collection of anime figures. you've been lying to yourself and the fat roastie who settled for you is lying as well

Better than cigs and booze.

Prepare to be disappointed
youtube.com/user/nerdgirl20/videos

Fair enough.

no, but making creepy photos of your girlfriend most certainly is

Instagram too
instagram.com/harvesthollow20/

this. nigger rich retards buy up every dvd they can along with 10 pairs of nikes.

I don't think it's his girlfriend. I think it's that British trap who lurks here and posts Sup Forums memes on twiiter.

Was it ever compared to books?

would smash desu

Every family in america has DVD collections from what I've seen...but then again I grewup in military homes/suburbs. Waste of fucking money imagining them spending $10-20 per movie

It's a waste if the movies are readily available through streaming, but a lot of older movies are extremely difficult to find online. The newer blu ray transfers are also superior in quality to streaming.

I used to do this shit and it makes me sad and embarrassed. So much money wasted, and I used to display them proudly. There were some I probably never even watched, just bought them because I liked it in the theater. I sold them all for about $2/each to some fat, white trash dude on Craigslist.

People like you keep the economy running user. You give people like me jobs.

I knew a spinal surgeon and he had DVD collection twice as big as this: granted it was mostly his wife and daughters buying all the movies

>DVD collection

No, DVD collection means your poor.

Blu Rays have been on the market for 10 years now. Theres no excuse to still be buying or watching new DVD's

yes. it shows your mexican grandma is good at stealing one or two a week from the white people she cleans for..

>that fucking wall
>HEY BUT AT LEAST I HAVE A DVD COLLECTION

Bluray's are just a fad. DVDs are a lifestyle.

>

I have vhs and a few dvds

>wanting to buy remastered garbage with cyan tint just for muh 1080

>material posessions
>status symbol

I used to collect, but if isn't worth it. Now I only buy books, as they're good for generations and generally better than digital. It's a shame there's no good movie streaming site.

Its a symbol of absolute faggotry in this era.
Better start collecting books mang.

>I collect stuff to validate myself as a person.

>that unorganized collection

collecting books is faggot materialism as well unless you can't find them in digital format which is obviously very common so it gets a pass

did i do good

Many movies aren't available on BD.

Honestly dvd collecting is such a lower middle class hobby. I've only seen those collections proudbly displayed in those types of homes.

fixed

not since like 2005

not status but style
face it. in 10 years DVDs and even BluRay will be like VHS tapes are now. Aesthetically pleasing, but only in large numbers.
having a full wall, floor to ceiling of media is just comfy to look at. The best wallpaper.

The only physical media worth collecting

>in 10 years DVDs and even BluRay will be like VHS tapes are now
That's highly unlikely.

NERD ALERT

> he doesn't go to thrift shops
I've personally seen DVD replace VHS at local thrift shops over the past two years.

is it though? You can't get free cigs and booze on the internet like you can movies. Although if I could, I would.

There are so many more things related to media you could be buying instead.

>no, but making creepy photos of your girlfriend most certainly is
Truly the patrician hobby

>spends thousands on physical media
>can't afford shelves

>having paperbacks instead of only glorious hardcovers
wtf

I collect, which is to say I buy, but I keep them in a tote in a closet.

Some book stores don't have HC of every book.

It may be in any country. Hav ya thought about using da digital storage which keep your collection up to one tera bits these days user. The actual form of storage media just takes space in your home Y’know ????

A cuck symbol

bump