ITT: Forgettable films that received acclaim

ITT: Forgettable films that received acclaim

almost every best picture winner

But it's actually good and memorable

>t american.

Blue is the warmest colour is the prime example for this

Its funny to look through past best pictures and count up how many forgettable/bad films won and compare them to all the classics that got snubbed.

My short list is:
>The english patient vs fargo
>My Fair Lady vs Dr. Strangelove
>Kramer vs. Kramer vs Apocalypse Now
>Dances with Wolves vs Goodfellas
>Shakespeare in Love vs Saving private ryan.

But then, there are also a shit load of excellent films that didn't even get nominated e.g. back in 2005 Crash won, but kiss, kiss, bang, bang and Syriana didn't even get nominations.

>And the Oscars for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Actor go to...

b-but it's a love letter to cinema!

Argo, which I'm guessing critics will pretend they never liked now that Ben is a groper

I quite enjoyed this at the time and I'd completely forgotten all about it

The unholy trinity of 2016 antikino.

>b-but it's a love letter to cinema!

This is going to replace the biopic as oscar bait, isn't it? Come to think of it, I'm amazed that La La land didn't win this year, but I guess it was time for the academy to remind everyone that they also care about social issues and shit yanno?

I wonder if anyone even remembers moonlight a year late?

>I'm amazed that La La land didn't win this year
>Anything other than the movie about the gay black guy winning the year after #oscarsowhite

>Anything other than the movie about the gay black guy winning the year after #oscarsowhite

Yeah, but there's nothing hollywood loves more than jerking themselves off with movie movies. It must have physically hurt to vote for something so unoriginal and forgettable instead.

manchester and moonlight are kino

please remember who made this go to the US and the oscars. here in France we knew it would get oscars just because Weinstein took charge of it

>moonlight
>Kino

This is an acceptable opinion only if you've never seen a film before 2015.

Yea you need to fuck off. Manchester is a 10/10 and Moonlight will probably go down as top 10 of our era.

La La Land you're right tho

Manchester's acclaim was exagerated but it is not forgettable. It is still a good movie.

I already forgot everything that happened in it except the attempted suicide thanks to the meme picture

This is still hands down one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Yea we know you're a fucking idiot with bad taste, nothing new.

Whoa, hang on there buddy.