youtube.com/watch?v=G956eNq-vQo
youtu.be/Ys30fP57Xi8?t=62
youtube.com/watch?v=s3Qixy6-BdA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

whoopee

name new series STD
it is feels like
fucking kek

Is "Dalek" the only episode which was adapted from big finish?

even that, 50% is different

I know.

>2 Babies 1 Fox

It won't happen since it's definitely not been arranged yet, but I'd love to hear the end credits for Twice Upon A Time to be the Thirteenth Doctor-era closing theme.

Kind of like if The End of Time Part 2 ended with Matt's closing theme.

There's nothing you can do to prevent the onslaught of additional threads!

/who/ BOOK CLUB - SHIT TRIPS: VOLUME 2
SUNDAY EDITION (con'td) (cont'd)
=====

Shit Trips 2 is here, so let's engage in some community self-love by reading and appreciating some of this mammoth work every Wednesday and Sunday. We'll be going through the whole thing in order.

TODAY'S STORIES:

>/Who/niverse: Never Trust Randomness
By A Brave user

>
*The story in this slot is being moved to Wednesday's post, but remember you have the freedom to post about any story whenever you want.

>Through a Mirror Oddly
By Auton Stratagem user

>Wiles And The Doctor
By El Gato De Doce Colas

>Genesis Of Doctor Who
By Newanon

FULL SCHEDULE: i.imgur.com/kj92Fs9.png

Read, enjoy, discuss, reflect, shitpost.
Got questions about a story? Was there something you thought was GOAT? Memeyness that made you laugh? Let us all know. The floor is open all day.
If you wrote a story and you want to answer/ask questions in authorial capacity, consider a temporary trip.
Make it obvious which story you're posting about, & browse sensibly if you don't want to get spoiled on any stories.

Out of the loop but want to jump in?
Get Shit Trips: Volume 2 here:
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._2
mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE

Feedback so far:

Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel gave a credit to Marc Platt even though it's not really got much in common with Spare Parts.

Theoretically, Rise of Cybermen.

NO

the whovian chaser

Death to all trips

That's stupid

I actually am really sorry in that case, tvery houghtless move from me. It won't happen again!
Iirc we've discussed the Orville before right?

I'd love to hear Platt's thoughts on that

ty for the input

Not credits theme, but the score before the credits theme related - I kinda like the tradition of Doctors getting a weird new cue not actually anything like the actual music they'll get in their era, in their quick first moments at the end of the previous Doctor's ep

Matt, The New Doctor - youtube.com/watch?v=IvXg_-Mxzvc His actual era, let alone I Am The Doctor, didn't really follow this rock-y vibe at all

Peter, Hello Twelve - youtube.com/watch?v=b_ek4LaIMic
Again, very flighty and merry, nothing like that era's actual music, let alone A Good Man

Especially if Marigold is leaving, I want another never-used-again cue like that for 13

Does anyone want to watch anything?

Marry Queen or Ai Uehara

What would you want the Thirteenth Doctor's titles theme to sound like?

It's fine really. No worries. And yea I think we have. The Orville has gotten alot better!

Violins

youtube.com/watch?v=pmYYB_8xLg8

t. me

Piano, with brief violins every now and again

It's really comfy and I like that the plots are getting more actual sci-fi now.

NOT shrill
NOT bouncy
NOT "epic"
I want the Doctor Who theme to sound CREEPY. I've only ever truly loved 2 themes, the very original, and 8's Big Finish theme, because they actually sound creepy and mysterious.

Synthy with some violin thrown in, because I guess that's the hot new thing now.

I want a theme that evokes the minimality of the original Derbyshire version using a sparse set of modern instruments and heavy electronic manipulation. I want it to sound eerie and foreboding rather than flashy,

>david arnold theme
patrician taste

Kino opinion my dude

Mid-century sugar pop or doowop.
Jokes got better with the rental car stuff this week too.

The leg gag the other week got me too

It's fantastic, excellent evolution of the original theme

How did I only just find out that the Brig was in an episode of Sarah Jane Adventures, I need to watch the show now

I liked that quiz questions idea from last thread, let's do some more.

Q. Multiple characters in A Christmas Carol are played by more than one actor. But only two actors play more than one character. Which ones?

and then both die soon after

why must you do that to me, user

The call back to it this week was even better. I have a slight problem with the actor though. Once I learned he voices Steve on American dad, I can't not hear it now. I keep expecting him to break out into some R&B on the bridge during their bantz or something.

to enhance your experience

Gambon plays Kazran and his dad...that's all I got.

Karen Gillan?

Anything interesting happen on /who/ in the past day and a half or so?

>A Christmas Carol
completely forgot about this episode

nothing unless you care about the shipping stuff. oh and this week's bookclub

Doctor Who is dead.

>shipping stuff.
Did #DWSR go through someone's garbage and get some discarded packages or shipping manifest or something?

Thank you! Basically, I'm gonna try and make a Thirteenth Doctor theme to /who/'s ideas. I'll try and narrow it down to something more specific where you can include your own input for each element. What you like the following to sound like:

>The Sting
This is the sound that opens the theme or signifies a cliffhanger from the Pertwee theme onwards.

>The Bassline
The "dadadadum" present in almost every rendition of the theme. I should point out that there are two distinct versions of this;

- The original, which has the initial "dadadadum x4" four times, as heard in the First, Second, and Ninth to Twelfth Doctor's themes, and
- The shortened version, which only had the "dadadadum x4" twice, which was heard all throughout the 70s and 80s.

Which do you think sounds better? And what kind of sound would you like the bassline to have?

>The Melody (1)
This one's pretty obvious, it's the "oooweeooo, weeeooooo" present in every version of the theme.

>The Melody (2)
This comes right after the previous part, and usually comes in around when the logo shows.

>The Refrain
This one only really applies to 70s Who up to 1986; it's the repeating part that happens only on the opening versions of the theme, around when the episode title/writer/part shows.

>The Middle Eight
The kino part that is generally only heard in the credits sequences (and the main themes for McCoy and McGann) and full releases which everyone except Murray Gold adores.

What do you think they should sound like?

lol no, neo and mcganon have just gotten progressively more and more cutesy with each other and some anons comment on it and 'ship' it

wait did something happen with them or were they just continuing to flirt

There's one more.

Nope.

no it's some fucking weirdos like talking about how much Neo/McGanon should pair up - it's just offputting and wierd.

The only reason he was in it was because they couldn't get Freema Agyeman. Nicholas Courtney deserved better and no amount of Cyberbrigging will make up for it.

theyre reading the books together now and made plans to read the same one at the same time, and were just being more couple-y than usual in checking in with each other. cute desu.

I 100% guarantee you Neo will "conveniently" travel to Scotland within a year or so.

You're a fucking cancer. I would rather have constant Rosenthal-posting than this fucking trash.

there are fags on /who/ ?
gasp

...mcganon is a girl, user

over gasp
on women on /who/

Good idea dude, sounds fun!
Longer dadadadadum pls
I don't like the middle eight but I know /who/ does so I hope you make a kino version!

It's such a shame

it sets the tone perfectly, absolutely love the arnold theme and was disgusted with what they replaced it with for series 2-4 of of the EDAs

absolutely NO DRUMS

Oh well that's quite the briar patch. I don't think I envy them, Seems like a bit of pressure, enough to turn me into a blushing schoolboy no doubt, However it's pretty sweet and a bit romantic if accurate. They'd have my blessings as anyone crazy or brave enough to find love or otherwise on an english tea forum
I'm sure they mean no harm, but It would make me feel quite bashful.

I know they mean no harm but it just seems strange that conversation between two people who obviously understand what they're talking about is suddenly "flirting" or something that needs to be spoken about by people who don't even equate into the conversations.

and I want an opening sequence with hypnotic visuals and I want it to look like we gave a shit
I cannot fucking believe we've been stuck with the both the worst theme tune and the worst opening sequence for over three years, fucking hell it starts every episode off badly

i do think it might actually work out since neo likes to travel and mcganon has said she really places value on someone sharing her very obscure interests, they both obviously like talking online and they really have gotten more and more cutesy in how they talk to each other, just watch next time theyre both in a thread. in a year or two i think a lot of anons might have egg on their faces, but yeah this is literal gossip at this point. also both of them just laugh about the shipping instead of actually shooting it down sooo

is she hot?

Capaldi Era is my favourite era of the show and I unabashedly agree. I fucking hate the Capaldi theme and dislike the opening.

Right with you dude.
>mfw the latest 8 audios use the wardoc's theme instead of his

I can tell that this is the same person every time doing this because no other person who visits here uses the phrase "egg on their face" - take your weird shit somewhere else.

>Capaldi Era is my favourite era of the show and I unabashedly agree. I fucking hate the Capaldi theme and dislike the opening.
that
I would prefer Eccles theme + middle 8

Y-yeah, the middle 8...

Why do you keep watching this show if you hate it so much?
Do you actually like it and you're just pretending to hate on it?

Doctor Who is a piece of shit show and I say this as a true fan.

that theme was a great balance between energetic and foreboding
shame they ruined it in series 4 but whatever, it belongs to eccleston

I'm quite ambivalent about it - there are eps / stories / audios / things that I like about it and there are things I hate.

Who are you talking to? /who/ at large?

From what I can tell looking back it's kind of a school yard banter. Coming from people who no doubt feel a friendship toward either party. It's probably overblown and contrived, but they seem friendly. Anymore so than any 2 other trips toward each other I couldn't say, but I'm kind of oblivious to such things. It could be that either party are in on the joke too and surely if they wished either could put a stop to it fairly quickly. /who/ nose? I sure don't. I understand your point, but coming from past experiences here, shouting them down as as third party, would make them dig in their heels on the subject and continue out of spite for you as opposed to letting them get bored with it on their own.

youtube.com/watch?v=G956eNq-vQo
christ i genuinely winced as soon as he launched into tennant
must be a good impression

Let's talk about the best Doctor

aww his eccleston's really made me smile

I legitimately lol'd at that.

It just rubs me up the wrong way because it's so fucking weird.
t. daybeen

rumbled

she was awesome

With all respect, I get it if it bothers you, but I wouldn't argue about it when Neo and McGanon have literally never expressed the slightest annoyance at it. Arguing for their sake is misguided. Arguing for /who/'s sake, well, it's easy to hide/filter, and it really does not come up that much but at least I understand that view.

>she
what did user mean by this?

>it really does not come up that much

It's literally talked about in almost every thread.

something like

>mix of Derbyshire and Howell sting + Derbyshire noises
>Howell bassline with a mix of Glynn and some McCulloch in the middle 8 with the arpeggio bass
>have the melody be played on an actual theremin
>a Howell-y/Glynn middle 8
>choir in the middle 8 like in the Proms mixes

or failing that, something similar to this

youtu.be/Ys30fP57Xi8?t=62

Right, fine, I'll ignore it.

Things rub me the wrong way all the time, I say what I need to say If i feel like I have to, then I close the tab and go for a walk because I can't abide having nonsense on an anonymous english tea forum rustle my jimmies. There really isn't anything more inconsequential than Sup Forums.

When things rub me up the wrong way I rub another thing the right way if you get what I mean.

For like 1 or 2 posts, like "Doctor Who is dead". It's hardly killing /who/. Why not just ignore it? Besides, Cloister is right, complaining about it just encourages it. Look at the Build thread the other day, it got out of hand because one user raged really hard about it so people did it to tease him.
Wise move. Anyways, what's your hopes/fears for S11?
A very mature view.

the one behind the old geezer is the 24th doctor, the best one

I actually do not know what you mean. Like a backrub? A sex joke I'm just not getting?

>The Sensorites were blue

Hopes -
>Jodie is great
>we'll get some quiet and nice Doctor & companion moments like this - youtube.com/watch?v=s3Qixy6-BdA
>Some interesting concepts / monsters

Fears -
>Chibnall will be lukewarm and innefectual
>we get the finale spoiled again
>I might not like Jodie's outfit
>title sequence might be weird
>choice of companion could be wierd
No I go and have a shower; I've got no idea what you and are referring to.

do you support of a walsh companion

That's not how you type '1st is the best Doctor'
I think it's a colouring choice by whoever did this, I always imagined them as green but I can't really remember if there was a specific reason why

I support a walsh companion

FUCK