Rian Johnson: I've addressed it the only way I possibly can – by spending the past three years of my life making a...

>Rian Johnson: I've addressed it the only way I possibly can – by spending the past three years of my life making a film I do not think is derivative.

>It's not a snow planet this time, guys

Lying piece of shit general?

>Rian Johnson is known for crafting some truly original stories so we'll tend to trust in his ability to not be unduly influenced by the rest of the Star Wars universe when trying to craft his story.

>HEY, GUYS, w've got Cylon AT-ATs now

TRULY FUCKING ORIGINAL

you guys think they will delete this scene (pic related)?

What are his original stories? Even his Breaking Bad fly episode was inspired by an old film. And I don't think that episode was any good, it changed the tone of the series, it was just awkward. But the worst is his movie Brick, total dogshit.

is it just me or does this new at-at look like a gorilla or disney's tarzan.

Look at its front "hands" they're curved back.

>he thinks, mickey and other jews let him have any say in the script and design

>blaming a person because of choices made by the Devil.
It's like you didn't know about Disney.

Why are they firing Paprika at the walkers? Is it smoked or unsmoked. This is important.

Well, hopefully they'll fix RotJ this time around. I hope it involves many porgs.

They look like gorillas walking on their knuckles now

Star Wars is so fucking dead

Its some kind of sloth I think. Whatever it is, is retarded.

>expecting JewJew to come up with original content
>expecting Disney to come up with original content

Accept that all three (((NEW STAR WARS MOVIES))) are just going to be remakes of the originals but with more vaginas, blacks, and Semitically-declared white supremacist organizations.

the knee joint on the back legs has been moved to make them look more gorillaish as well. Is this machine really supposed to be able to climb shit?

It looks gay.

What the fuck is the First Order? Where did they get all their shit?

well noticed.

>i need some armored troop carriers!
>at at's?
>no! they fall over! just build some fucking normal vehicles
>gorilla shaped at-at's?
>you fucking.. oh alright then

According to JewJew, they're Nazis from Argentina. This is in spite of the fact that, on-screen, 4/5ths of their staff appear to be brown people. Gotta give it to the Space Nazis, they love "diversity".

And don't ask questions. They're bad and spooky and that's all you need to know, goy.

I think this is my biggest gripe with nu wars. They re just remaking the originals and trying to pass them off as "new" and "awesome" if they'd have come out and said hey guise we are just gonna remake the originals I'd be whatever. But the fact that they keep trying to pass this shit off as something new pisses me off to no end. As bad as the prequels are at least they're an original bad idea.

In the originals, which is what they're definitely stealing from but whatever, two or three snow speeders could fit inside the head of an AT-AT. They were smaller than the AT-AT's foot. Now look at the TIE-fighters being twice the size of the cockpit. TIE-fighters and X-wings were roughly the same size, and snow speeders and X-wings were roughly the same size. They fucked the scale up.

/autism

This. Lucas can't write for shit but at least he attempted it. This is basically banking on the idea that Gen Z won't go back and watch the other ones.

Every empire design is stupid and impractical, even the tie-fighters when you think about it. The "wings" are completely blocking any side view. Multiple death stars that get rekt, giant machines with legs where wheels or tracks would be more sensible. Do they want to loose?

Wait you are telling me the guy that made Episode 8 is the same guy that made the worst episode in Breaking Bad?
And don't give me that "you don't get it" shit, the episode is bad, period.

Haven't seen the new trailer because TFA sucked so bad. How's empire strikes back part 2 looking

Why disney can't come up with new designs? At least the prequels had tons of totally different spaceships and shit

I hated TFA a lot, I think the trailer of TLJ looks a tiny little bit better but still looks like it insults the viewer's intelligence. Also Rey managed to somehow be an even worse actress than before.

They are literally just inverting the colors of everything.
>black tie - white tie
>white x wing - black x wing
>red and white a wing - white and red a wing
This is on the same level as those that make recolors of Sonic and call it an original character. And with a good reason that became something people make fun of. I wish Star Wars was treated the same way but people just use that autistic "real life fighter jets look like those from 30 years ago" argument.

At the end of the Galactic Civil War Mon Mothma and some Imperial vizier lad signed the Galactic Concordance, which basically allowed the Empire to keep existing to a lesser extent within a certain bounded part of space, like a reservation for planet-killing evil bastards. Then she cut the New Republic's miltary by 90%. So when a large number of that Imperial remnant decided "Here, fuck this Concordance lads, let's fuck off elsewhere and rebuild our war machine" there was literally nothing the Republic could do about it.

I 'll admit I'm not a big star wars fan never got super into them. But I was genuinely hyped for TFA till about an hour in I realized holy shit this just a new hope but with a girl Luke and black han solo. I remember telling my friend and brother after the movie the same thing. And they both said it was a good idea to do it that way. And jj should have made a safe film and not do something original. There you go though disney must know what theyre doing. Because even 2 normies thought it was great idea just to remake them

also btw the leader of this Imperial remnant was a sassy black woman Sup Forums btfo ¦:^)

The Empire is just that competent.
Which really makes you think. I mean it's not like Palpatine overthrew the government. Plus, the changes in the government were discussed, voted upon and accepted. After the prequels and TFA, I don't get why you would even THINK the rebellion was a just cause.

I want to give it a chance but I just cant. I'm still pissed nobody in the mainstream will bring up the fact these are remakes and not a whole new trilogy

TFA is a very good filter to divide the actual nerd old fans that hated it and the new "geek" normie fans that liked it

That's what it's supposed to resemble; look at the hunched back as well
The original AT-AT designs were inspired by elephants and these are inspired by gorillas

Is for shit like this that you realise that the emperor was right all along.

Same. No amount of mental gymnastics will allow me to enjoy this movie. I guess I'll try to endure how the media and everyone will be talking about it non stop while I wait and maybe pirate it later.

>Gotta give it to the Space Nazis, they love "diversity".
The point is that they are supposed to be a HUMAN supremacist group.
Insert current year politics in a story with aliens (remember the "is a WHITE supremacist group") is unbelievably dumb.

why do they have beards? that's just retarded

>At least the prequels had tons of totally different spaceships and shit
and they were hideous

Not really, nigga

>After the prequels and TFA, I don't get why you would even THINK the rebellion was a just cause.
This. One could even go further. Think about whr the Hutt have power. A shithole.
and that is valid from the PT to the OT. If the emperor did not have time to lose whit the rebels he would have tore the Hut a new asshole.

They were not and even if they were, it doesn't mean that not trying to be original at all is a good idea. It's just 2 different ways of doing it wrong.

>super-AT-ATs
>super death star
>super jedi
>super sith
>Rey (which anyone who lives in the southwest knows is short for "Reynaldo" for which a million Mexican men are named) the retard pointed the business end of the lightsaber at luke, which you NEVER do when handing over a weapon.
>and they're STILL using white solar cells, which will do more to deflect sunlight than absorb and use it
>and the retarded complete lack of understanding of astrophysics with the not-death-star draining a star (which in real life would disrupt that star's delicate balance between massive energy pushing out and gravity holding it in and cause it to go supernova and destroy the entire solar system including not-death-star) is official canon

Damn, man. How long will this retardation continue?

Millenials are more likely to prefer something new to something that's not new. In spite of their preachings about social issues and stuff, they're the ultimate mindless consumer slaves.

>Lets make a death star weapon but bigger like a planet!
>lets make AT AT's but bigger and gorillas for some reason!

>naboo starfighter
>Clone Drop ship
>hellfire droid
>droidecart
>seismic charge

No. 88

>being derivative is bad
>neo-classicism is bad

>Lying piece of shit general?

Remember when Matt Damon said he came back to do Bourne only after "we spent a year getting the script right, so it was worth doing" and it was the exact same template as the other movies? I think he even bragged about how few words his character says. But the movie is still an expo dump. Oh, and it co-stars a Harvested girl.

>It's not a snow planet this time, guys

it's a salt planet

bravo disney for subverting expectations

why is one of the AT-ATs visibly smaller than the others

WEWUZ

How else are you supposed to know how much bigger and more badass these new ATATs are?

Because it's the original design, and Disney can't help themselves but literally show the audience how much bigger they made everything.
Hopefully if it's bigger it's going to be betterer.

Lying piece of shit general?

Not lying per say, Kathleen Kennedy either is present at interviews with a gun in hand pointing at the players or if not present has snipers at the ready in case one player goes off script.

yeah it's salt and then paprika

fucking genius

oh I just noticed the design differences now that you mention it
>don't ever talk to me or my son again

What went wrong?

JJ explicitly said New Order is a white supremacist organization.

Star Wars has always been pretty boring/lacking in the Ayy department tbqh. At least in the movies, but I guess the cartoon does more with them.

...That's profoundly stupid. I'm almost happy none of that is actually referenced in the film.

Yeah. In a galaxy with thousand of alien species and with black people in the first order in his very fucking movie, how retarded is that?
Is amazing.

>poor little white AT-AT
They should have gone for broke and had the other walkers painted black with huge laser blasters slung underneath

Slanty-eyed Aliens for the Chinese market to go see SW.

hmm it's like disney tried to cash in on the original trilogies nostalgia

disney just make 6/7 out of 10 that everyone will see. They dont have the balls to make risky kino like /OurGuy/ George Lucas did with Episode 3

I know it was bad, but plebittors pretend it's the best episode. Rian is a hack, I don't know where he comes from, probably rich kid with parents in Hollywood, he's not very far ahead above JJ Abrams. TFA and R1 managed to make you want to watch it with the trailer. Episode 8's trailer was bland, imagine the movie

no, that's wrong?

I actually had quite a lot of difficulty deciding how to prove you wrong

How can one man be so wrong

the audience
they wanted something new but practically identical to the original

brick and looper

That part was actually cool pham

It's a pointy A-Wing.

Maybe it is but it's not literally an A wing with inverted colors like they use in the new movie. It has enough differences to count as a different ship.

the force awakens looked so fucking dull.

How so? The Aethersprite has the cockpit right at the back, the A-wing has it in the middle. It's got its engines sitting right on the cnetreline, while the A-wing has them further outboard, the same with the blasters. It doesn't have the A-wing's rudder-like fins, and it has quite a triangular front profile, while the A-wing is much flatter and broader.

It stands out, it's so poor. Random places, empty, almost untouched. is it art? Tumblr teens make better composition than JJ Abrams' shit

More like OP is a faggot general

Did you honestly think that Disney would allow Rian Johnson to create something originial?

Literally everything I've read Rian say about the film sounds like justification to people who expected him to have complete control of the project, when he was just a puppet for the committee which actually made the film.

This movie will suck.

Imagine spending three years of your life making an absolutely shit film

Isn't that basically every movie these days

Any other guys here that grew up with the originals and after TFA has just straight up lost all faith in the series and doesn't even care anymore?

I keep hoping that Star Wars will be as great as the OT again, bu then i remember that Disney is in charge now.

Abandon all hope.

A pinch of Paprika...

Are those Baboo fighters?

I saw TFA and instantly knew the rest would be shit. The girl, whose name I can't remember, had no flaws whatsoever and was perfect at everything. I didn't root for her at all because I knew she'd win no matter what. Maybe that's why I can't remember her.

I remember being so hyped for ep 7 and during the premier doing mental gymnastics to tell myself it was better than the prequels but really its the worst film in the series

These are pretty much my feelings, if disney was just upfront about it I would have a lot more respect for them, still lame ass movies sure, but what can you do. But then when they pull the "we needed to gain trust by doing lazy hollywood tactics 101" excuse or Rian's bsing it's way more insulting. Like we already know you guys want to make easy nostalgia bucks and not actually make anything new, fine. But stop treating us like idiots.

WE

Are those the spice mines of kessel?