Whats the verdict on this

is it worth it? I have a soft spot in my heart for the movies but what little i've seen of the show was pretty standard and boring kid stuff.

does it get better? or am i just being autstic

Yes

The TV Movie is garbage. The episodes are hit-or-miss, but I feel that it has more hits than misses. The Bunga episodes are usually bad, but I only found a handful of episodes to be genuinely awful. It may be a preschool cartoon, but it feels very much TV-Y7 to me. There are episodes with some actual fights and stuff in them, but they usually consist of the characters tackling and kicking one another.

I respect the show's tendency to teach lessons that aren't in vogue. One early episode has the good crocodile leader lose to the "bad" crocodile leader, as the "bad" crocodile was younger and stronger. He became the new leader of the crocodiles and Simba told his son to respect what happened, as it wasn't his place to intervene.

The show will likely never have the same dramatic or emotional weight as the movie, but it's doing the best that it can given its target audience. It could have been far, far worse.

what the literal fuck is htis

Can't give an opinion on it as a whole because I'm just generally not interested enough in Lion King to watch it in full, but I just watched the one with the Outsider lions because Zira/Vitani are waifus and it was pretty weak.

Even by the standards of dumb TV shows already based on dumb unnecessary sequels they didn't seem to be able to write the Simba's Pride characters correctly.

lion king midquel show

thanks for the replies so far. are there any nods to the second movie since Kiara is in it?

It's literally a midquel to Lion King 2. it takes place during that movie's timeskip.

Why does the cheetah look so out of place all the time?

oh well that answers my previous question about movie nods

seems like maybe something i'll put on in the background while i work and not something to really invest in unless I have a kid

thanks again tho

art style clash

I don't know what they were going with for her. She's supposed to be a cheetah, but lacks a cheetah's markings. She doesn't look like a cheetah at all. Perhaps her design wouldn't be so clashing if she looked more normal.

her face looks way too human like that cat from Secret Life of Pets but somehow more jarring

Really love how Sup Forums asks a questions, gets one answer, and then accepts that one answer and moves on. I didn't think that episode was so bad, but then again, I never cared about Zira. Vitani had all of two lines in the episode, and I didn't notice her do anything out of character. Maybe she'll do more in season two. Lacey Chabert even voices her still.

Zira wasn't as threatening in the show as she was in the movie, but that was to be expected. She still tries to manipulate and then kill Kion, and she even implies she was Scar's lover. They try to work in as much as they can given the demographics.

ok that sounds pretty cool

if it matters to anyone, i'm still reading your feedback. it prob would be best for me to actually give the show a genuine chance before shoving it off as background noise.

and hearing about some of these eps is helping

Same user who wasn't into the episode, but one thing that annoyed me slightly was Zira being referred to as "Mom" several times by her cubs. Her being referred to as "Mother" all the time was pretty noticeable, and they must have known that because Nuka said it a few times, but the fact that it wasn't consistent across maybe 15 minutes of screentime altogether just seemed to project "don't give a fuck." Not saying Simba's Pride had especially deep characterization but that aspect was part of it.

Similarly, they forgot Zira's stripe on her head-- another small thing that doesn't exactly matter but shows they didn't care much. And that's saying something since Disney sequels were kind of universally cynical and apathetic cash-ins by default.

Lacey Chabert sounded pretty much exactly as she did 20 years ago but had like 3 lines; Vitani felt wasted. Kovu oddly had his adult voice, which maybe meant to show time has passed even though he's the same size and Kion sounds like a kid. Andy Dick doesn't even really seem to remember the voice/delivery style he used for Nuka, understandable but still annoying since he seemed to get the most lines. Zira's voice had to be different, and was, but it was okay enough until they gave her a song that literally comes out of nowhere (guess that's the show's thing) and then it might as well be a totally different character because the singing only emphasizes how it's just two completely different voices trying for different things.

Don't have much to say about the plot because Zira being a lion racist or whatever doesn't really contradict or add to anything from SP (actually I guess you'd expect her to be more vicious toward hyenas because they fucking murdered Scar but it is a kids' show). Petty complaints overall but since using the SP characters was the main draw it didn't seem to utilize much of what made them sort of interesting despite being from a sequel, from the perspective of someone who watched for that reason.

Rafiki's painting of Zira had the stripe. She just didn't in the show. The background artist cared, if not the character designer.

>"im going to kill you ___"
>but ___ is still alive in the movie
>"WHAT NO IMPOSSIBLEEEE"

The kids on the test audience choosed the design we have now

Fuck kids, this is about authenticity.

>Fuck kids

I was pretty obsessed with TLK growing up and very occasionally I still draw it but this show sucks. It's not terrible, but it's incredibly boring. It's just firstmost a kid's show which isn't wrong, but its very watered down. Problems don't really feel like problems, nothing has a sense of urgency even when there's real trouble, villains don't feel like a threat, etc.

I watched a few episodes, watched the outlander one and I just check the threads made by that one guy to see if anything of substance happened. Nothing does but who knows. It's the first season and a lot of shows I've watched had a shit first season.

where you in TLK fandom?

i'll be honest i saw toys of this show before i knew it was an actual show and thought it was a shitty bootleg

something wrong, hansen?