Well, you're a nobody and NOTHING SPECIAL...

>Well, you're a nobody and NOTHING SPECIAL, so the least you can do is give your life for our revolution of the oppressed who are equally nothing!

what communistic drivel. a class of engineered superhumans envisioned as some kind of bizarro fourth estate. ridley scott must be turning in his grave

>he doesn't do that and goes on to save Deckard

richfag here

Guys... I REALLY REALLY want this movie to succeed! I'm a fucking rich NEET who enherited 460,000,000 after my parents died in 2014. I have been buying movie tickets across the country online that Im not attending just to try to boost the sales of this movie. Spent about 5 days buying out tickets in theaters. Its adds up to 1 million dollars of sales but its not enough!! I need this movie to get sequels or my life is meaningless! Ive been waiting for this movie for ever and its the only things thats kept me from suicide. Any other richfags out there, please help me.

>ridley scott must be turning in his grave

He's been doing nothing but fucking his name over for the last two and a half decades, I don't think he minds.q

did you miss the end of the movie?

the more I think about the film the more I don't like it and the fucking hack of a director

low-effort

>all but tells the rebellion/ revolutionaries to go fuck themselves
I guess you just watched the version with the last 30 minutes missing

Fallout 4 when?

Just keep doing what you're doing
'
I might be going to see it again today

Unfortunately Ridley isnt dead yet and keeps making garbage movies like Alien Covenant

>be a synthetic person with a shit job
>secretly want to be a real human
>live like a real human in private, complete with a holographic waifu
>start to project yourself into a case out of a desire to be the discovered synthetic-human hybrid and to feel your existence is worthwhile/meaningful
>lose your job, your boss/caretaker/pseudo-mom, and your waifu in the process
>some synthetic spic tells you in a sewer that lel you're an idiot it was all for nothing, the real hero is the autistic bitch you met living in a bubble, now go die for us even though we just met
>try to process all this while going on a walk
>realize even your waifu's love for you was made up consumer product bullshit, and that your entire life up until then has been pointless
>go into turbo-rage mode, reject everything, and proceed to kill about 30 people and drown a bitch

Basically a futuristic field-guide on how to become a serial killer, as written by Nietzsche

they killed his waifu... he had nothing to live for left

They broke his waifu, but his waifu was never alive in the first place. Once he figured that out, he got very very pissed.

I wish he would have slaughtered the rebels

nah

I mean, he might as well have killed the other replicants. He went full-Übermensch at the end and killed both humans and replicants, symbolically rejecting both systems of morality. He did what HE thought was right. But if he killed them all, then we couldn't get a sequel. Which likely won't happen now anyway because movie audiences are too dumb for smart movies these days, which is why this film bombed at the box office.

There's not anywhere they can really go with this franchise, though. The whole point was replicants inevitably replacing humans with human-replicant hybrids and taking over the universe. That's what Jared Leto's character was tripping over, and what the police lieutenant was shitting herself about. It also makes the "rebel" plot thread even more dumb, because both the corporation and the rebel replicants wanted the exact same thing: For humans and replicants to fuck and have kids. They were just squabbling over who would be in charge of it.

Whooooaaa there, easy cowboy.

What's there to "nah" about? Waifu called him "Jo." It was supposed to be endearing, a sign she was human despite being synthetic like him. Then he goes on a walk and sees "Jo" written on her advertising sign. The camera very specifically zooms in on it so you can't miss it. Her love was never real. It was programming.

She was controlled by programming.
He was controlled by laws/society.
Replicants wanted to control him to do their bidding.

The whole theme was about control, and him ascending by rejecting it. Except he did it by killing a bunch of niggas while dubstep played

The guy who wants a slave race of breedable replicants and those same replicants have no conflict because they both want to be able to have kids?
Wanting to not be enslaved is a dumb motivation?

Jesus christ this board produces some serious autism.

>What's there to "nah" about?
You being incorrect

Bro can I have like $300. It's for uni

You simply reiterated my point. He wanted product-slaves, and they didn't want to be slaves. That was the only disagreement between their motivations. Everything else matched 100%.

Not only are you wrong but that's far from what makes this movie bad, but it is really telling that a lot of people didn't understand this movie and character motives because of how unclear and convoluted its plot whas.

None of it was hard to understand, the movie was just really fucking long and so people forgot stuff along the way.

>slave
Did you miss the part where the replicants are now a slave-class who are programmed to obey no matter what?

>You simply reiterated my point
Yes??
I did it to show clearly to everyone itt how insane it is to call that a "dumb" motivation for conflict.

I guess all politics should come to an end because we all want to increase quality of life of as many people as possible, the fact that people have drastically different ideas on how to get there is just "dumb"

the point is that he is meant to be a slave because the hack director made repicants indistinguishable from humans for the purpose of the master-slave dialogue in the film

>so the least you can do is give your life for our revolution of the oppressed who are equally nothing
And he rejects them entirely.
The "rebellion" is just used to show how both sides (Wallace and the rebels) just want to use K as a slave for their own goals, so he denies them all and makes his own individual decisions which will finally start to define his identity he never had by reuniting a father with his daughter.

Did you miss the part where this board is effectivly Sup Forums and no one minds slavery

They should have kept him "human" and revealed him to be a replicant half-way through the movie, since everyone assumed that's what Deckard was at the end of the first one. But no, he was just a grumpy drunk.

The plot shouldn't have been
>I AM NOT THE CHOSEN ONE, GRRRR!
It should have been
>Fucking hell I'm a robot

Your point is dumb because a human-replicant hybrid already existed and wasn't a slave, proving Leto's character couldn't keep a lid on that shit even if he wanted to.

Buy me a PC

it was defenitly hard to follow, not for me, but a lot of people have been asking really basic questions that are told in dialogue. When a lot of actions in the movie hinge on making any sense because of some off hand string of dialogue said scenes prior it shows just how unclear the movies overall purpose was.

Someone in the movie says X, then later on Y happens and relies on you to remember X when the movie gave no indication as to how important X was supposed to be. Usually this isn't always bad but add to the fact that this movie draws out its scenes and is long and it's no wonder a lot of people are confused not because they are too dumb to understand this movies underlying themes or what ever but because the basic thing of what's happening in front of them is confusing and the movie does a poor job at conveying what it's trying to do.

How much of a brainlet do you havr to be to not get this movie? You do realize K did the opposite of what he was told to do by the resistance, and chose his own way to prove he is more than just a machine with a predetermined path, right? That's the point of the giant JOI hologram scene, it's the moment of the epiphany.

Can I have a small loan?

They're just dumb period.

Jesus, you completely misunderstood this movie. You must be a woman or something.

It's less than three hours long dude, it's not THAT long. I mean fuck the Wolf of Wallstreet and Titanic are longer.

shameless viral marketer, please go away, your ticket sales can't be saved now

>I need this movie to get sequels
stopped reading there.

Women enjoy it also. My mom enjoyed this movie.

Kind of sad that you hide behind a shitty movie to make yourself feel smart. It would be one thing to use a classic but THIS is the movie you think separates you from the normies, pathetic.

Do you see the broken, sad, virgin men of r9k? You're gonna make them great again. Buy them tickets to BR2049 in the best kinocinema available. When the movie is over, you'll fly them to an asian country, a waifuists paradise. Then you'll let those miserable manchildren have the time of their life with he best waifus ever.

Do it and deliver.

If you think K cared about the revoltution you weren't paying attention.

Is this the new meme? I swear every time someone points out that women simply don't understand blade runner some guy comes in and pretends he's enough of a loser to still watch movies with his mom, and even then doesn't get that like doesn't mean understand.

>>Well, you're a nobody and NOTHING SPECIAL, so the least you can do is give your life for our revolution of the oppressed who are equally nothing!
What blatant misinformation progaganda

a generation of people on the internet who only care about twisting media and art in ways to suit their own purposes, all while ignoring the parts that blatantly contradict the narrative they're trying to push

homo sapien going to homo sapien, i guess
to be clear on the 'message' of the movie

Everything in K/Joe's world is synthesized and artificial, and the identity he dreamed of having in order to gain 'humanity' was a pipe dream. Reacting to this, he decides to fight for the one real thing he is aware of, the only thing that's actually 'real' in his artificial world; Deckard's love for his daughter

you can fuck right the fuck off if you think there's anything in the movie that doesn't fit into this baseline

They went full BSG

He was the only one I agreed with in the entire movie, which I guess was the point. I loved the movie simply for K's arc

K killing replicants isn't real? Fuck off you fascist.

Fuck off you snake
K's whole life was him following orders and doing the tasks he was printed for
He realizes he never truly had agency so decided to simply take Deckard to his daughter, the only 'real' relationship in the whole movie
Even in his investigation he was only following a self serving fantasy, so by saving deckard he's being selfless all while not obeying anyone's orders anymore

it's critical that we can all recognize that the movie is very clear in its presentation of his love for her being the purest, maybe even the only pure thing in the world of 2049

if anything, his decision is completely anti totalitarian, as before he was killing by order those who were deemed as not part of the order of society. Luv maintains this order at the highest level, and K goes through her for the FREEDOM of Deckard who was going to be tortured indefinitely.
You can't say that K's final showdown was fascistic on his part unless you're purposefully trying to poison the discussion

He didn’t give his life for the revolution you pea brained faggot. How low are your abilities for comprehension?

>he thought K did it for the revolution

Nigga the revolution clearly stated he needed to kill Deckard.
But the dude saved him and took him to his qt daughter.
He did it for him, to rise above his natural programming, just like his waifu