RWBY/RT General #1114: Stop self-inserting edition

Previous thread: Rules of RWBY/RT General:
>1. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW (embed)
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion.
>3. Don't believe their lies

Latest Chapter: roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-volume-4-episode-9-fd5jl9

1080P Episode Archive:
mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

Latest episode M3U8: wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/54be0839-8875-46cd-bf04-d55d3ed4b06a/index.m3u8

Hey, you guys given up hope yet?

You are one ANGRY child, my god

You chose the wrong pic?

Zwei is my self insert.

Have you?

Man are you Angry that Sun could be a love interest for Blake?

The fucks a self-insert, is that where you put yourself into a form of media with powers and a different name?

So I've been thinking of the lore (or lack thereof) of RWBY.
Since it's clear that M/K aren't going to naturally write in lore or worldbuilding into the main series, what alternatives to WoR are there?
All I can think of so far is just some kind of RWBY Encyclopedia, which could have detailed histories of the Kingdoms, Great War, etc.
Thoughts?

He'll be mine soon enough...

>when you tell your wife important plot details before the actual writers

I wanna self insert into Jaune to fuck Ren.

>Jaune is an everyman.
I should know seeing how shit the a writefaggots here are that people here know shit all about narratives but Christ.

> when the screentime is divided up just right

I'd buy the shit out a giant RWBY lorebook.

>He isn't a 6 foot tall blue eyed blonde
I mean, I don't really give a shit about the self-insert argument but that isn't really an unrealistic standard.

What exactly do OCs do in the world of RWBY? go on their own adventures or use them in the actual plot line?

Destroy my hopes and dreams. Why is that I'm the only one who thinks this has a legit chance?

Written by M&k?

He's probably some butthurt BB shipper

Yeah it was good that they showed all four girls. Each scene was meaningful. Yang is still on the bottom with the least amount of lines and screen time.

So you don't know what the term means. Thanks for letting us know.

Sometimes go on their adventures, others are used in the actual plot, really depends on the person.

So would I but that would render World of Remnant obsolete and we know RT would never do that.

Yang will be the main hero of RWBY. Screencap this post.

What is your definition?

Literally every single one in existence bangs Yang.

Good thing he's not tall by the standards of the recurring male cast and his coloration is merely normal in a world of magic markers.

Because Jaune is shit.

The best OCs have their own story and adventures and canon characters only show up in cameos or background characters.
The worst of them insert themselves into the actual plot, ship themselves with a character(s), and even alter the flow of the story by helping/doing everything.

Someone got quads yesterday saying it was canon. [It's pretty cute, admittedly./spoiler]

Well good because that means Jaune will probably die.

I think it has a shot too user. I believe.

Well when I was thinking of the idea I figured they'd keep both. I mean the novelty of owning a (hopefully) well written RWBY lorebook with nice drawings would drive sales hard which would justify making it.

But he really is the everyman. He's the kind of guy you could find anywhere.

My OC team is perpetually preoccupied with hunting a big badass Grimm and occasionally low key terrorism to keep the status quo.

It's possible, its not my main ship I hope for, but its really cute and could work if they had more screen time together.

I see I was consider of making my first OC but I have know idea where to fucking start

>Stop self-inserting edition

I guess Luffy is a fucking everyman too since he has black hair and isn't thirty seven feet tall like many men in his world.

start by choosing the fairytale/historical figure/mythological charactar/creature you want to base the OC off of.

It's not a fucking science. Just make characters and do whatever the fuck you want with them.
Or don't, just make them for shits and giggles.

*NO idea

I've seen some that just travel around the world and make nods at canon events as they happen.

>Literally every single one in existence bangs Yang.

>It's the final battle
>Ruby is on the ground with Salem ready to kill her
>"You have failed, i won."
>Epic guitar solo starts
>Yang punches through a wall into Salem
>Instant K.O.
>FF_Victory_Music.wav
>"Yang you did it!"
>Raven appears and congratulates her
>"I'm so proud to be your mother"
>Blake walks in with Sun
>"Fuck you Sun, Yang is way better"
>They fuck for 20 minutes
>Credits
I don't ship bumbleby btw

So self inserting is just a buzzword for "I don't like *character/ship", right?

whats a good Fairy tale for a knight? I dont want to go the generic King Arthur shit

Pick a theme and roll with it. Basically do what said.

I personally named my character after a flower that blooms at night.

My OCs are just some office workers in an unremarkable part of Atlas. I designed them that way to ensure they didn't overstep their bounds and become snowflakes.

Shrek

>If I keep saying the thing I know is wrong I'm such a great troll.

Yes very much so

Luffy also has a unique ability and acts completely unlike almost everyone else in his series.

Afraid Im not up on the knowledge of knights or warriors of such similarities, someone in here is bound to help you out on that one though, or just google search around

Bruh, King Arthur shit is all you really got for Knights. You could pick a historical figure.

Get into shenanigans
Then get killed off

I'll take that as a message from the Sup Forums God. I'll never stop believing then. Thanks user
Hope it becomes canon, whit enough screen time could be something really cute.

Merc

Write something competely original instead.

It's just like making a character in ME or Bloodborne.

My OC is a play off of Fenrir.

Gutts

I don't talk about my OC, to anyone, but obviously my OC is myself and I do whatever autistic shit I desire, fuck having good writing when I just want to have fun.

Poost Pyrrha.

fuck not very good on history time to go look up Knights then

That's not the same person you dumb faggot.

Nothing wrong with OC's, as long as you arent completely autistic about it in the process of creation.

I don't know why you're so terrified of Jaune's everyman status. Is it that you yourself cannot relate to him at all?

You could get a King Arthur that gets fuck by japanese teenagers tho

>"Why must you hurt me, Misty ?"

Depends. Sometimes it's an actual criticism, but not in /rwbyg/ nine times out of ten

Monty had a small list of how to make an OC in RWBY

He acts exactly like everyone else in his series.

Also, lots of people in his world have magical powers.

JAUNE has magical powers. Just because he can't use them whenever he wants doesn't negate the fact that he fucking regenerated faster than Wolverine that one time.

Jaune is not your everyman. Fucking normalfag Chartreuse who works the register at the shittiest bookstore in Vale is the everyman, Jaune is essentially a supersoldier compared to the average person in Remnant.

Literally just google 'Famous Knights'

Just because you can't relate doesn't make him not an everyman.

Yes I am. I am you.

No thanks.

>having a comfy office job
>in this economy
hello lord Donut Steel, the SI police called.

Anytime, user. Keep on sailing. And may you get enough onscreen development so that it works.

could /rwbyg/ write a better story then what we got?

Why does RWBYg always get the laziest trolling.

I could, but that's because I'm a writer by trade.

Why must you post thumbnails, user?

But I have a horde of OCs. Do they all bang the yang at the same time, or take turns?

Being an everyman doesn't mean being a boring sales clerk. It's about having lots of different character elements that lots of different people can identify and relate with.

As long as you hold this misconception, you shall simply never be able to see Jaune for the everyman he is:

Ah yes calling out trolling, the "I don't have an argument defense".

Oh no, we've just created another crack-kun. May Moot have mercy on us all.

Probably not, M&K may not be some amazing great writers, but they are still far better than some of the greentexts we get here.

I can't wait for the love confession scene

Fuck I'll go for Don quixote then

That's the beauty of it; you can choose either!

>could /rwbyg/ write a better story then what we got?
>/rwbyg/

What have you written, mate?

I'm pretty shure Sup Forums has written a little of RWBY, same with SU. M&K come here and steal ideas and theories.

A randomly selected poster? Probably not
All of /RWBYg/ working together? Definitely not be I'd want to see the trainwreck

I think we could shit out the same quality. It's not like the bar is set real high here.

I can't wait to see Adam murder Sun.

Do you believe in destiny, /rwbyg/?

Why was BB even a popular ship anyway?

Any /k/ people here who's good with explosives? Got a couple of questions for Nora's grenade launcher and her ammo.