How come a TV show made on a shoestring budget consistently does more and looks better than big-budget Hollywood...

How come a TV show made on a shoestring budget consistently does more and looks better than big-budget Hollywood blockbusters?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xq2qnGg_SSs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>left looks like a beyblade
>right looks like a 2003 pc game cgi

Beybladeborg is not looking bad, dude.

>He's actually played games on a PC
lol

Because the tv version is on screen for about 5 seconds.

Oddly enough, the limited budget may be a factor

Common practice for blockbuster films is to hire a collection of effect houses to work one separate parts of the film rather than hire one house and pay them continuously over the course of the production

The end result being clashing aesthetics from scene to scene

TV only being able to hire one CG house is able to build a sense of trust and unity with their effects

To be fair, both are shit in design and CGI modeling. The only difference is JL has little excuse given its budget. Give me a practical, clunky Cyborg any day

Would a design like this work in live-action?

Yes, but it would have to be Fiddy in the costume.

Depends on the material and the amount of CGI used. The right way to do it is to make a basic costume, then fill in CGI effects with what cant be done in post. Actually I think itd be kind of neat seeing portions of Vic translucent with pulsing blue circuit board and whatnot. I was hoping more Robocop, less Bayformer myself

>dcfags are even divisive on the tv/movie side of things
truly the worst fandom

Promo CGI always looks terrible.

Why is he so tiny?

Why not just pull the current animated cyborg design

Ehhhh, I don't know. I always thought Robocop (and his reboot) looked like shit, I wouldn't want Cyborg to take from that design.

Ignoring what stage of the CGI this is, its a fucking terrible design for Cyborg

Age of Ultron and Civil War had laughably bad CGI on Tony, I don't know what the deal was.

Its simple, and actually there. Not much to look at in a pic but despite the remakes shortcomings the silver Robocop design wast have bad in motion. Its clunky, had weight, and didnt look like Bay jerked off creating it

I'm fine with the cyborg design, but I do have a few gripes.

His arms seem a bit too thin, I feel like his abdomen should be filled in rather than just black with lines, and blue lights would be so much better than red

I may not like it aesthetically, but I'll admit that movie Cyborg has this unsettling quality to it that I think lends itself well. Most depictions of Cyborg look like a black guy in armor.

Can't argue with that. Doing it as entirely CGI is just the stupid icing on the stupid cake.

I don't get it either, overall CGI on these massive movies has gotten noticeably worse yet the budgets keep going up, there's either embezzlement involved or it's that the glut of new CGI artists coming into the biz are so untalented and numerous they're basically doing the same shit as Korean sweatshop workers but getting two thousand times the pay.

I don't think Cyborg looks horrible, but it kind of suffers from Transformers syndrome, like Ultron did, and most movie "robots" do anymore....it's just so busy, they assume they have to make it look as technologically complicated as possible to suspend your disbelief or something but that isn't true, you don't need to see all the inside parts to buy the fact that it's a robot, you can do smooth surfaces and whatnot

I think the sheer number of blockbusters coming out with massive amounts of CGI and the time tables to meet release dates forcing studios to hire multiple effects studios to work on different parts of the film are stretching that industry paper thin. Add on all the shit about un-paid overtime and underpaid artists and it's no surprise some shots look like shit

All things considered, Ultron wasnt that busy user.

because he is meant to be a superhero

same reason kal el looks like a human

Yes, but it doesn't mesh with Cyborg's character themes or really sell him as a cyborg.

Yeah but the only interesting thing about Cyborg is the body horror element. Especially if you're trying to sell him to general audiences.

How come they feel the need to make Cyborg (and Savitar) look like something out of Bayformers fanfic?

With Cyborg it's either Bayformers, Robocop, or 70s gay hustler.

That will be rectified once DC notices the fans noticing. Then the TV budget will be slashed.

Yes because using body horror for a superhero movie worked out SO well for Tranktastic 4.

So it's like hiring several artists to work on a comic rather than hiring one artist to do the entire comic?

That's not a good sign

The more machine Cyborg becomes, the less capacity I have to give a shit

console peasant gtfo

They can make it, they already making Aquakíno to be horror.
Man of Kíno and BvS Dawn of Capekino had horror element in them as well (when Zod makes first transmission to the Earth and first ever Batfleck appearance)
Suicide Film had it as well with Enchantress introduction and it was one of kínoest moments.

DCEU doesn't afraid of kíno experiments, so why not.

let's hit those showers bro

It's pasta but also true. So keep up them company wars, Sup Forums.

Cyborgs design is so shit. Not just movie design, but comic design as well. When something's 95% robot it loses the cool aspect of being a cyborg.

Go on, please. Any free advertising is welcome.

His arms look like shit. That fractal design hurts my face.

WW always looks so stupid standing next to a bunch of fully armored men

Almost as stupid as the slut in pajamas standing next to Vision and War Machine.

To be fair, there's two other people there in pajamas

Widow looks okay because Panther and Spidey look really similar.

With Wonder Woman it just looks odd because all the other characters only have their faces/mouths showing, while she's at least 50% skin.

Savitar is """"better"""" because it is completely CGI but is actually not better because it looks terrible in motion

The Justice League looks like a villain team in comparison.

WE BAYFORMERS NOW

JL aren't showing their feet.

>all dem mouseketeers
>and their delicious tears

I just realised how color coded team tony is. \
>black
>red
>black
>red
>red
>black

What is that on the right?

cw flash, this season

Fuck you, Spidey is pure

WW actually looks good for once. Cy, Flash and Aquafag can get fucked tho

Could've ended the thread with this tbqh

Did you see Cyborg move in the comic-con trailer?

Flash's King Shark > BvS Doomsday.
I'm talking design, not the quality of CGI, of course.

A robot with moving lips, expressive eyes, and human body language isnt too busy?

I might not like Cyborg's design, but Savitar looks way, way worse in comparison.

Still don't get why they're going with Cyborg, of all people.

They need a black hero. Fine. What about John Stewart? John Jones? Mr. Terrific?

>Still don't get why they're going with Cyborg, of all people.
>They need a black hero. Fine. What about John Stewart? John Jones? Mr. Terrific?
Steel would have even been canon in following death of Superman. If not now, we will never get film Steel ever.

>up for 12 hours
>make the exact topic but for the MCU and it gets deleted
HMMMMM

WB is still embarassed of GL, and J'onn is only for virgins.

Its to late
They used cyborg because johns is a halfag who would not allow stewert to take the green lantern spot on the league.
Of course now they have 2 lanterns if they had been willing to do that in the nu52 we would be avoiding this mess.
They still would not use a lantern though people remember his solo film.

PRIME

Cyborg cgi looks goof though.
How long will you be memeing today

GOAT cyborg design, all else is shit. I will never forgive DC for dropping it so soon

Now.... the artists do work depending on what is given them
If the sketches and prework is better, as well as the instructions, its not such a huge issue.

When the prework is a script and ripped comic book pages, you can get a lot of whatever.

Its not that she looks silly.
Its that Flash is full on battlesuit instead of a glorified leotard, and Aquaman is armored in layers.

The fact she is a stick is more of a sore thumb. And maybe lack of a 3 layered custome(armor, cloak, exterior decoration)

They released a new trailer?

>Gigganigga?!
I approve, my son.

The left is objectively better and of higher quality what are you talking about.

>John Stewart
Hahaha

>John Jones
Not black

>Mr Terrific
Literally who for casuals

Because CGI in current Marvel and DC blockbusters is shit. Just look how Fox dose it:
youtube.com/watch?v=xq2qnGg_SSs
Look on this ice. Look on this sentinels. DAT is CGI of white man.

better

I don't think the Transformers franchise was made on a shoestring budget, OP, but you do you.

Why the fuck is Cyborg the smallest guy there?

No, because 7 artists can actually do some really neat things and work with the fact that your styles are different.

It's like hiring 7 cape companies instead. Which means hundreds of different jaded scmucks to do ranodm things like rendering one flap of ironman's armor scale for 100 days.

Because do to their budget they have to keep the designs a bit more simple, and as it turns out keeping a design simple tends to make it more appealing. Too bad Hollywood forgot K.I.S.S.

Keep
It
Simple,
Stupid.

.....No? If it had 15, 000 moving parts all at once like any given Transformer, then yeah. What the fuck do you think a busy design is user?

No. That's why they used the OP version

>>robonegro's crumple aluminium foils armor
They are going for this look.

>this guy slaps you gf on the ass. What do you do?

His crotch has eyes

>the only sensible comment in the entire thread is ingored

pick up the pieces left and put them in a plastic bag while before the ambulance arrives

Because Vic is not a big guy

This. Oblivion had pretty cool non-busy i-designs.

Why is he wrapped in aluminium foil?

That's not just Tony, that's 90% of the MCU.

>Because the tv version is on screen for about 5 seconds.

aka
>I don't actually watch the show and zero idea what I'm talking about.

he's in the background.

Cyborg looks like a rejected power ranger