Alright Sup Forums I'm planning on showing my friends the OG Blade Runner so we can see BR2049...

Alright Sup Forums I'm planning on showing my friends the OG Blade Runner so we can see BR2049, but I'm torn on which version to show them.

The Director's Cut has better colors, but the shitty unicorn scene and ending.
The Final Cut has a disgusting green filter, but better gore scenes.

Which do I choose?

if you show anyone anything other than the final cut for their first viewing then you are doing them a disservice

I would go with the final cut. The filter sucks but Ridley used modern technology to subtly fix a bunch of glaring flaws. The director's cut looks nicer since it doesn't have the filter but it has all of the glaring flaws that the final cut fixed.

Final cut is just Directors cut with the filter. If you don't like Ridley's interpretation of the film you have the Workprint or fanedits.

If you're on the spleen you can get a properly colored Final cut.

>glaring flaws
Such as?

They are really fucking tiny and a spit it the face to the effects team.

>They are really fucking tiny
lmao

>a spit it the face to the effects team
kys

>muh realism faggot not getting the point of the shot

Don't bother with it, it's a film strictly for patricians and people with taste. Just watch meme runner 2049.

>shitty unicorn scene

fuck off pleb

The dove flying away, Zora's death, and Deckard interrogating the guy who made Zora's snake. The dove flying away was clearly shot in a studio backlot while the sun was coming up, when Zora is running through the glass it's obvious the girl playing Zora is a stunt double wearing a terrible wig, and the audio of Deckard interrogating the guy who made Zora's snake is completely out of sync.
>They are really fucking tiny
The three scenes I mentioned are pretty jarring, user. They take you right out of the movie.
>a spit it the face to the effects team.
What? Their work lives on in the other cuts of the film and those other cuts are widely available to the public. Ridley didn't pull a George Lucas and try to erase the other cuts from existence.

yeah, he didn't but Final Cut cultists are.

This. If anything your friends will be fucking bored and then the last thing they would want to do is jump into 2049

I took my gf to see 2049 and she loved it and then she was all curious about the original after that.

>"not getting the point of the shot"
>implying the dove flying into the morning sky was intentional
I don't believe for one second that Ridley and the production crew intentionally shot the scene in the morning to make the scene more symbolic. It's obvious what happened is they shot that scene after a long night of shooting and didn't have the time to reshoot it.

>nostalgia retard inventing imaginary ""points""" to justify obvious mistakes
It's always better before, am I right retard?

Imagine you choking on your own drool out of rage if the DC dove shot was put in the FC instead to correct the "realistic" one.

purpose driven or not, that was the final shot of the film for years. FUCK retooling it.

>the final shot of the film

it's not even in the final scene, especially not in the theatrical cut

If he had pulled a George Lucas you would have a point but he didn't. The old cuts of the film are widely available on blu-ray so there's no problem.

finalIZED, fuckface

He has effectively by making it first on the disk and the normie parroted "Definitive version"

Death was supposed to give him life, the first life we see in the cyberpunk dystopia.

With the realistic sky... I guess the dove was his soul or something?

>He has effectively by making it first on the disk
Wew lad
>the normie parroted "Definitive version"
How is it his fault that people call it the "definitive version"?

because he insists it's the definitive version and refuses to comment on any other interpretation of Deckard's humanity.

Being better than a huge piece of shit who fucked up his film doesn't make you in the right when you fuck up your film.

>it's fine when Ridley Scott does it but not when George Lucas does it

I repeat:
>The old cuts of the film are widely available on blu-ray so there's no problem.
Get over it, autist.

Dude Green filters LMAO

So he's comparable to George Lucas because he doesn't like talking about the old cuts of the film and doesn't shy away from stating his opinions? I don't get you. Did one of your family members work on the original Blade Runner?

personally I don't care for the green filter so much, but the unicorn scene, the happy ending, and the voiceover are all so much worse.

Above all else, make sure the version you are watching DOES NOT have the voiceover

final cut.

Dude every fucking cut of the film is widely available in pristine 1080p quality LMAO

>hates unicorn scene
>recommends final cut

It's a necessary evil. I'll take the unicorn over the voiceovers.

Dude no cut gets it right lmao

this is the ultimate Sup Forums opinion

>I love this film, too bad every version of it is bad

You got it. Workprint is the closest, but it fucks up a few scenes.

same tbqhwy, I was just memeing

I took the bait hard

Is the workprint really worth it? How rough is it? Screwing with Batty's death with a trite "he a good bot, he dont wanna die" little narration sounds wrong.

The Batty scene is the killer scene that really makes it hard to call it definitive. You can't touch Tears in Rain

Perfect BR cut:
>International cut violence
>Proper color grading
>no noir voiceover
>fixed minor effects, explosion timing
>Stunt double fix
>no unicorn scene
>tears in rain untouched
>blue sky dove
>ambiguous ending

just watch the theatrical and final cut then call it a day

The workprint's use of generic thriller sounding temporary score in the absence of Vangelis' music just feels alien and wrong, but I actually kind of liked Deckard's narration in this version compared to the theatrical cut. It's better-written, and Ford actually reads it with some little bit of feeling.
>I watched him die all night. It was a long slow thing, and he fought it all the way. He never whimpered, and he never quit. He took all the time he had as if he loved life very much. Every second of it, even the pain. Then he was dead.
I mean it's still totally unnecessary but it's far better then "I DON'T KNOW Y HE SAVE MUH LIFE. PERHAPS HE LOVE ALL LIFE NOT JUST HIS LIFE."

The Final Cut has better grading.

if I may just add a bit here
>full length voight-kampff scene with both Rachel and Leon
>recap of JR's and Tyrell's chess game
>subplot of eye dr finding love
>23 minute uncut scene of deckard eating noodles
>full frontal sex scene with trans Pris
>Zhora's "negotiations" with the owner of the bar for her job
>Mary and Hodge dying in the electrical field
>C beams glittering for 6-8 minutes in silence
>JR Sebastian fucking the midget napoleon

what else am I forgetting here

I want to know what coked-out pervert decided that the theatrical narration was in any way acceptable and necessary for theatre audiences

yeah no, tard. George Lucas has gone out of his way to make it actually impossible to find high-quality releases of the original unaltered trilogy. Hell, he even suppresses the 1997 and 2004 versions of the special editions. Ridley Scott does the exact opposite of that, every single version is publicly available in excellent quality. He's well within his rights to have a preferred cut. It'd only be an issue if he decided that the Final Cut is the only one that can be bought and seen in modern formats.

JAY EFFFFFFF

HOME AGAIN HOME AGAIN

So Final Cut then?

The unicorn scene is literally genius and only spergs hate it.

Director's Cut would also be acceptable but really it boils down to the final cut having a green filter and some re-composited special effects. Aside from aesthetic things like that they're virtually the same

>shitty unicorn scene and ending.

It´s irrelevant since you are just a pretender.

I've only seen theatrical as a kid on vhs - I barely remember the narrator and that I didn't get it, and then final cut on my 20s. That second time made it one of my favourite movies ever, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Never seen the directors cut tho, what did I miss? Shloud i try it?

Why do people hate the unicorn scene?

Unicorns be gay dude.

Only uncultural fucks that know nothing about noir and cyberpunk but pretend they do hate the unicorn and the ending.

The "no unicorn" ending where they drive during the day to a happy ending is far more gay dude.

1) Many think it was "tacked on" by Ridley in the Director's Cut in order to make Deckard more obviously a replicant, since it may or may not have came from test footage Scott shot for a potential film he was going to make, "Legend"
2) They don't understand its relevance because they're simple minds that can't process anything even vaguely poetic
3) They don't like it because it stands out from the gritty dystopia of the rest of the film that they wank over

I just got done watching the Director's cut, my first time watching the movie.

It looks really nice, but God it's overrated.

literally everyone's reaction for the first viewing. you'll be back for it when the time is right and it will click, I promise

>didn't watch the workprint synched up to Pink Floyds: The Wall

You fucked up.

I mean, I really like the atmosphere, the photography and OST are really something, but in terms of scenario it's just frustrating.

The absolute STATE of plotfags

Unicorn Scene Defense Force GTFO.

it's not like you have to apologize for it, man. give it time, plenty of time, and another chance down the line. it can wait a couple of years, no matter. I was the same. it's in my top 5 now.

>"no unicorn" ending

it's not about Gaff's unicorn at the end, but the scene where Deckard has a dream about a stock footage horse while sitting at his piano, apparently sleeping eyes wide open somehow. Lucas-tier retardness.

I can appreciate a (((kino))) movie without much consideration for the plot. It's just that I had expectations for that particular movies.

We'll see, I'm going to see the new one soon with a friend who's an absolute fan of the series, maybe it'll change somethign

The only thing wrong about it imo is that its only point is to be recalled at the end.

The scene in itself serves absolutely no purpose other than that

I think you'll have a good time, the plot is more complex and arguably gives another layer to the original's too. long-ass movie though.