Rey is a shit character predicated on the premise there would be sequels to explain her lack of character in the first...

Rey is a shit character predicated on the premise there would be sequels to explain her lack of character in the first so the actress is shit because of it. You could watch any of the OT and prequels by themselves and walk away because they could stand alone as movies. Honestly I didn't watch TPM and AoTC until years later but I understood RoTS perfectly fine in and of itself.

We don't need sequel bait in movies because to "have a great movie is to be able to stand alone. Look at shit like The Hobbit and how it was cut into 3 movies that all rely on the subsequent release then apply it to most capeshit and whatever drivel is coming from Hollywood's ass.

Did anyone even want a sequel to Blade Runner? Did anyone really want a sequel to Indiana Jones? Did anyone want these shitty young adult novel adaptations only to cash in on Harry Potter?

A cohesive narrative by itself is far more successful than the leaving plot strands hanging. A sequel should only be warranted when the movie can stand a lone so you can see familiar characters in unfamiliar situations to appreciate how it differs'' from the original. ''

rey a qt

LMAO AND SHES INFERTILE

J U S T
U
S
T

Your argument us fucking retarded because blade runner 2049 stands alone fine by itself

Who actually wanted a Blade Runner sequel?

>Rey is a shit character
Yes, but the PROG will be awesome, with a heartbreaking backstory and everything. HE WASNT ALLOWED TO ART SCHOOOL, NOOOOO

I like how reddit letter memeia thinks their qui gon "argument" doesn't apply to every single character in their fourth favourite star ears movie.

she has about as much character as luke did in a new hope

my guess is you just hate her because she is a woman and you are finding excuses for it after the fact

redditors ie the only people who matter

>INFERTILE
>a woman
Uhhhhhhhhh

Lotta loyalty for a hired shill

Nobody but people don't know what they want until you give it to them.

the traditional film model is to wrap everything up at the end (with some exceptions) because it is designed to be a single self-contained story.

the tv series model depends on leaving loose ends to be addressed in the subsequent episodes.

while the star wars franchise is comprised of films, it is so wildly successful that everybody knows it is going to continue running for a long time. in this way it is more like a tv series, just one where every episode is hours long and gets released every few years, and takes place over a larger time frame

that is why star wars can get away with deliberately leaving loose ends - it is guaranteed that there will be more films to tie them up.

Wanna shill for Disney stocks?

lol kys

i wish that you actually could do this because i could make some easy guaranteed cash just for continuing to trigger bitter basement-dwelling burgercucks

Such a terrible terrible argument on all accounts.

>implying being in a bad movie role makes one a bad actor/ actress
>implying a piece of film needs to be stand alone in order to be good
>implying Blade Runner 2049 was not stand alone
>implying Harry Potter movies were something no one wanted
>implying RotS works as a stand alone movie

Every sentence you said is just wrong.

Yes, everyone hates Rey.
Do we really need another thread about it?

What's wrong with her teeth?

She's a Mary Sue, and the nigger character was stuck in there just because he's a nigger but ended up being the only one with a sorta interesting arc (disillusioned stormtrooper can't cope with killing) but that was ruined cause he immediately turns into super black man slicing up the evil stormtroopers n sheeeeit. Poe nobody even remembers him.

These movies suck and are cash grabs why do we need daily discussion?

She's English.

SNEED

Because Star Wars is the most popular film franchise of all time so constant discussion in a movie board is inevitable. A general would be good, though. Or even a whole board just for that

>Oh look it's the "I really don't get paid for this" shill argument again