Snoke is going to be an OC...

Snoke is going to be an OC. They worked too hard to make sure TFA worked as a stand-alone movie to get maximum points from general audiences. Tying the Big Bad’s identity into the previous trilogies as some sort of twist just doesn’t work from a narrative standpoint.

Just imagine what it would be like if Snoke looks at the camera and says “I’m Darth Plagueis!”. Us nerds are going to be jerking off but the oomph will be lost on the normies.

Other urls found in this thread:

empireonline.com/movies/news/last-jedi-exclusive-rian-johnson-talks-snoke-kylo-ren/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wow who gives a shit?

>us nerds
cringed at this

It's gonna be someone we've already heard of but yes i doubt its plagueis.

He's the guy who created anakin with force magic for sure though

You're on Sup Forums, faggot. You're a nerd.

You do for posting in this thread.

you're also on Sup Forums, bitch boi nerd

this is "us gaymerz" tier cringe shit

>They worked too hard to make sure TFA worked as a stand-alone movie to get maximum points from general audiences.

it's a zero effort A New Hope clone Snoke is just a Sheev clone and will serve the exact same narrative purpose

People who think Snoke is Plagueis are retarded and most likely underage.

That can only be Plagueis faggot

No other Sith reached the level to create life

>stand-alone movie

Do people really think this?

TFA only succeeded because of the Star Wars name and that it basically gave people an ANH nostalgia trip.

Rogue One was even worse in that regard.

Sith are gone.
There is no proof they ever created life.
Stay mad prequelnigger

Yeah no shit. He's going to be the tie in to the old republic.
They're gonna do KOTOR like everyone wants. Except its Disney at the helm.
Lay in the bed you made.

>They worked too hard to make sure TFA worked as a stand-alone movie to get maximum points from general audiences.

Wut. Force Awakens was just a reboot for A New Hope, the plot line was almost identical.

He meant "stand-alone" as in you can watch and appreciate it without seeing the other films.

The reason why it's basically a copy of ANH is because TFA is a soft-reebot and soft-remake of the Star Wars.

Snoke wins.
Fatality

>Wut. Force Awakens was just a reboot for A New Hope, the plot line was almost identical.

That's why it works as a stand alone film.

>He meant "stand-alone" as in you can watch and appreciate it without seeing the other films.

But I really don't think you can

I sure hope that Snoke is the gay character that JJ promised in the new trilogy.

What makes you think that? A ragtag group of young people have to find an old warrior so they can stop the evil space empire. That's literally the story.

To people who don't know who the fuck Plagueis is, he would be an OC regardless but to people who do know it would a great tie in moment that would make sense to them.

But if he reveals he's Plagueis, that's just going to seem out of place to someone who's only watched the new trilogy. There is no context.

Know one is alive who knows who the fuck he is, so if he revealed his identity the audience are the only one who know the significance unless he explains some stuff and does some exposition.

>Know one is alive who knows who the fuck he is

So why would he ever bring it up? Who would he ever tell that would care? Him being Plageuis is stupid.

>the audience are the only one who know the significance unless he explains some stuff and does some exposition

That in there is the problem. It's bad storytelling. It's looking at the camera and winking at the audience while the actual characters are confused.

Lol that we know of

Does it matter?

>“We got the whole story of Palpatine’s rise to power in the prequels, but in the original films he’s exactly what he needs to be, which is just ‘The Emperor.’ He’s a dark force: the scary thing behind the thing. That was entirely how I approached Snoke. I wasn’t interested in explaining where he came from or telling his history, except where it serves this story.”

>I wasn’t interested in explaining where he came from or telling his history

empireonline.com/movies/news/last-jedi-exclusive-rian-johnson-talks-snoke-kylo-ren/

He's actually a Luke clone from the hand lost at Bespin.

Reminder that Cumberbatch wasn't confirmed as Khan until the movie came out, as the worse kept secret of that star trek movie.