Nationalism is social construct of the 1800's...

nationalism is social construct of the 1800's, can we just end this joke already and move to something that won't make us genocide each other?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/buzzword
youtube.com/watch?v=DE6IKihOyo0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

no

Sure. Hello neighbouring Poland, how are you today? How's the weather? It's been quite hot in Germany the past week.

why? can't you see how pointless this is?

No

No

Sure, let's have diversity and genocide ourselves instead, you dumb fucking goatfucking whore-mothered dick-for-brains seam-filled-cunt commie.

We will keep the genocides up until we have a common enemy from outside. Aliens and shit. Even then we will keep fighting each other. Just on a lesser scale.

>america
>nationalism

I mean I have little empathy for nationalism at all but american nationalism makes literally no point what so ever, like there aint even a ethnical glue to it, your "nation" is a mere product of other nations. you should first hand see the absurdity of aligning yourself with where you were born for the sole reason of being born there.

But they have their hardon for their constitution as a quasi religion.

>muh 2nd

>nationalism is social construct of the 1800
You are not correct. But do you know what are also social constructs? Laws, the constiution, detournement de pouvoir, separation of powers, checks and balances etc. All of them are fictions and none of them have a basis in reality.

My question is not whether it's a good idea to get rid of nationalism, my question is under what argument you can get rid of nationalism without getting rid of democracy and just governance.

Just because something is a construct doesn't mean it somehow doesn't exist or doesn't matter. Even such a thing as atom theory or germ theory is just a construct to explain chemical and biological processes we do not fully comprehend.

>But they have their hardon for their constitution as a quasi religion.
Ironic that a fucking German of all people should say that. Look up Jürgen Habermas, the man who wants to get rid of nationalism in favor of "Constitutional Patriotism".

No

>would rather have refugee than fnx45

>Just because something is a construct doesn't mean it somehow doesn't exist or doesn't matter.

I agree but monarchy, tyranny are also social construct do we need them tho? and this is the actual question, nationalism seems to offer no real long term benefits in our modern world. we should abolish it.

I never said that something is bad because its a social construct, but some of them are outdated and are socially destructive. hence they should be removed unless proven otherwise.

can you with a straight face tell to me that a natioanlistic world would better? do you believe it? i don't think so, history shows that it only breeds wars and genocide.

that line of thinking is for nations that will be ended

>waah waah
Get fucked, nationalist kanker.

no

Nationalism does not denote ethnicity, only culture.

You're thinking of fascism, like Isreal or Saudi Arabia.

kill yourself, shitposter, and all you retards responding to a shitbait without sage as well

>I agree but monarchy, tyranny are also social construct do we need them tho?
That depends on what you're trying to achieve. This is why "it's a social construct" is a non-argument. Every social construct needs to be judged by its own merit, from language (better than tongueclicks, I'm sure you can agree) all the way to institutionalized racism (I'm pretty sure even Sup Forums agrees that purely discriminating because of race per se is wrong).

>can you with a straight face tell to me that a natioanlistic world would better?
Yes I can. Because the nation-state is the foundational element of modern day political entities and the modern legal order. Unless you want to go back to Ancien Régime style monarchies, but your earlier comment implies you don't like that.

The truth hurts, doesn't it? And to rub some salt in the wound: Habermas is the most prominent living member of the Frankfurter Schüle, as well as Germany's most prominent living philosopher overall. And he's not even Jewish! Your entire intelligentsia is diseased.

Damn right.

All laws must be enforced with arms, not paper.

If you don't hold it, you don't own it.

If you can't defend it, you don't hold it.

If my government wanted to give my home to resettle refugees I can and will shoot them.

It's a quasi religion based on the wonderful idea of saying no.

Fuck you, the planet earth is full and poland always loses which is why you fear war. We need a war to purge the population.
I say Gas the kikes race war now

>can we just end this joke already and move to something that won't make us genocide each other?
sure how about communism, they never commit genocide
i mean okay they kill lots of people, but they don't do it along racial lines (most of the time) so it's okay

nationalism only becomes a problem when it's used as a tool. atm it's needed to combat the scourge of multiculturalism

>Poland wants communism

Business as usual i guess.

Nationalism was born in the 1800s after the revival of the Middle Ages, a period which was thought to be the birth moment of modern European nations. That was also a reaction to the 1700s and their obsession with classic Greece and Rome, plus their distaste for the Middle Ages.

Why can't we take from both and admit the importance of our roots? And thus avoiding to completely annihilate our origins with forced "multiculturalism"?

OP you're making too much logical sense. might need to turn the reason down a notch or you might trigger them

The same could be said for globalism.

The end goal of Globalism is the elimination of national sovereignty, but to what end?

The goal of nationalism is the strengthening of its own nation to the benefit of its people.

The UN can't even end genocide and slavery in a shit hole like africa, and effectively neuter all peacekeeping forces with arbitrary rules of engagement.

Their solution is to relocate populations to successful countries, instead of promoting success within the countries in question.

Strong nationalism would improve 3rd world shit holes more than globalism.

Under globalism, 3rd world countries are raped of resources and left with foreign debt to be paid with more natural resources, or cheap unskilled labor.

Nationalism isn't a one size fits all, and neither is globalism.

capitalism used death squads LOOOONG before dialectical materialists were even a thing or were allowed to live, fascist scum.

You seem to think I'm the average uneducated pol moron. Of course I know Habermas.

What truth anyway? That you're literally retarded in the head, spouting buzzwords?

>If my government wanted to give my home to resettle refugees I can and will shoot them.
What a likely scenario this is :^)

>tfw you get picked off at your window from a gubmint sniper

Since when is describing Habermas' philosophy spouting buzzwords? You sound mad, friend.

HNNNGGH nice

>Their solution is to relocate populations to successful countries, instead of promoting success within the countries in question.
Clearly you're living in a bubble of retardation.

>shit hole like africa
>Strong nationalism would improve 3rd world shit holes

The stupid, it hurts.

Wake up, stop dreaming, meet the reality.

I didn't wanted to use "social construct" as a argument pro nor a con per se but rather empathize how as a social construct its up to us - the society to decide if we want to believe in it or not. For what I know - the cons far outweight the pros.

last time I checked it was defined as a bond between people. here is what wikipedia has to say about it

>Nationalism is a shared group feeling in the significance of a geographical and sometimes demographic region seeking independence for its culture or ethnicity that holds that group together

I think it makes no sense to prioriatize americans with whom you might as well have nothing in common other than the language to any X person on earth. A american should be extra aware of it since his parents might as well have been rooting for a different country, so why do you root for america? can't see the irrationality of it?

>Look up Jürgen Habermas
>better than tongueclicks
>Frankfurter Schüle
>not even Jewish!
> intelligentsia

Yeah dumb buzzwords.

I ask again: What truth?

Hnnnng those thighs

I want to lick every drop of sweat from them.

Then how do we contain and protect culture?

The military cannot be deployed on american soil, except the national guard, and in cases of national emergency.

We also have the RIGHT to form a militia for the sole purpose of combating "government snipers" and unjust laws.

We once attacked the corrupt government of a city in order to force a recount of votes.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)

nationalism is a requirement for cultural diversity and healthy group identity.

You won't find much of an audience for that kind of message here.
Just like tumblrites are the regressive left, Sup Forumslacks are the regressive right.
Bot hare deep down trying to revert back to collectivism, just like in the good old days of the 20th century when it nearly destroyed western civilisation.

Africa is a shithole, meaning most of it can be described as having 3rd world living conditions.

You should educate yourself in the IMF and world bank, both globalist tools, used to rape emerging economies of their own self interest.

You're not refuting anything I said.

no. it's the only way to have a strong and healty nation who is free from lobbies and foreign groups

Do you even know what "buzzword" means?
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/buzzword
>an important-sounding usually technical word or phrase often of little meaning used chiefly to impress laymen
>used to chiefly impress laymen
If you think words like "intelligentsia", "Jewish" and "tongeuclicks" sound impressive, I have some bad news for you.

no

The collapse of the multi-ethnic non-national state of Yugoslavia resulted in genocide.

Rwanda a multi ethnic non-national state resulted in genocide.

Shit and giggles in Cambodia - a non-national state.

Genocide in Syria of Christians and Yatzee people - a multi ethnic non-national state.

War between two nation state haven't been a problem in almost a hundred year.

>meet the reality.
Eh? 'Cause she has a brown boyfriend? I don't give a shit, I have a brown qt 3.14.

>what is culture

Poland I know what your thinking but trust me it's not like that.

So lost, truly sad.

What truth?

yes. if you don't your just another slave of this void, corrupted,corporate owned world

I don't dabble in retardation like you do, I might catch the gay or something.

>Shit and giggles in Cambodia - a non-national state.
Bad example. Cambodia, even in the days of Kampuchea, was a national state for the Khmer people, and it's actually the most ethnically homogenous state in continental south-east Asia.
That's what makes its failure so hard to swallow. It was not two people against each other, it was a people destroying itself because of a leader who had no understanding of what he was doing.

You lost friend. You never explained your final point.

Why root for America?

For the benefit of america and Americans.

Imagine if every football team was a world football team. Who do you root for? Why even watch it? Have you no pride in your own country?

Would you be fine with all your cultural customs deemed illegal under the banner of globalism?

How are we to know what the end goal is? Profits based on a model of infinite growth?

Until someone can explain to me what the end goal of Globalism is, and how it would benefit humanity and ensure its continued success, I'm going to continue to support individual nations and their sovereignty.

We were not multi ethnic we're are just retarded

>we're are
told you we are retards

You don't dabble in refuting any arguments either.

This might be Sup Forums, but calling everything gay doesn't mean you have a point.

Here we go again boys

I would love Prussian nationalism to come back. That was one of my favourite nations during history classes.

Here you can see good old Konigsberg, before becoming he communist shithole known as Kaliningrad

By living it.

youtube.com/watch?v=DE6IKihOyo0

Why would you force everyone on Earth to follow te same principals and laws. People are inherently different. Different nations allow different cultres and philisophies to exist.

Then the police, jesus you're dense.

Aryans are stubborn. Prepare for another 30year war.
ps. Poland belongs to us or Russia.

>all your cultural customs deemed illegal under the banner of globalism
You actually believe this, don't you? Such a cuckoo case.

ehi that's homophobic, no place for you in 2016, heil globalism

I assumed it was part of French indo-china.

>I would love Prussian nationalism to come back. That was one of my favourite nations during history classes.
Obviously you didn't learn much or you're some back asswards moron.

Can we end all forms of maxism?

>I would love Prussian nationalism to come back
NO NO NO

Yugoslavia was multi-ethnic, it was composed of Bosnians, Serbs and Hungarians - I am not sure about croats if they where a part of Yugoslavia as well.

When Pol Pot started being a literal retard, french Indochina had stopped existing for 20 years.
If anything, the problem with the new border was with Laos. Nobody deemed necessary to create a small state for the mountain ethnies (Hmong and others) because it would have been a very small one, it had not existed before, and it would not have been very viable due to a small population and limited ressources.
The result is that to this day, Hmong are pretty horribly treated in both Vietnam and Laos.
Especially in Laos where it's pretty much illegal to sell or even give food to someone you know is a Hmong.

>

t. disarmed German cuck

>nobody ever went for the Genocide 2: Electric Bugaloo before nationalism

How's freshman year treating you?

Whatever nigger, war is such a complex issue that you can't possibly boil it down to one cause. Trying to blame war on nationalism is a babby move that you're only using to help simplify conflict to a level you can understand.

Also, news flash: humans see heard animals and like being around similar people. Any attempt to eliminate nationalism would only result in a new system that's the same but maybe on a different scale being created.

>Would you be fine with all your cultural customs deemed illegal under the banner of globalism?

im not for banning anything, it has to voluntary.

>Until someone can explain to me what the end goal of Globalism is, and how it would benefit humanity and ensure its continued success, I'm going to continue to support individual nations and their sovereignty.

im not advocating for globalism also but I wouldn't be against a more tight global integration either, maybe a global gov after a few decades of good partnership. its not something we should hurry. however the benefit of abolishing nationalism would be clear as it would reduce the possible conflicts amount and as such we maybe could focus on more important goals like fighting global warming, fighting dieses much more efficiently than we do it now. because right now if you want to fix global warming you will get people yelling at you, even from here - poland that muh coal industry job. people just think too locally and shortterm, this is bad of course as global warming is a serious threat that could potentially cost millions of lifes and billions of dollars.

Nein

yeah, americans tend to think highly of their founding document that literally lays the groundwork for the enlightenment philosophies that their nation, and the western world as a whole, is based upon

is this a problem?

>maybe a global gov
I think they wouldn't get shit done, even less than the EU with all the haggling of its member states.

Konigsberg, Danzig, Stettin, Breslau.. such great places with history and tradition totally wiped out to be replaced with communist housing blocks.

Prussia was great.

i agree OP. nationalism as currently defined is cancer, the future is enlightened racial nationalism

> civil resistance has never been capable of overthrowing the government

Top lad

By the definition of the word buzzword as you just stated.
Then it doesn't matter whether he finds the words impressive or not. It implies that the purpose of the wording where to impress a layman.
An example, two doctors talking to a patient (a layman) if one use specific medical terminology with the goal to impress that patient, then the other doctor could call it buzzwords. It wouldn't imply that the other doctor didn't understand the words.

I didn't say it was. Anyway, how it was lived was a bit different after all.

>All men are created equal
>let's enslave blacks and institutionally discriminate against them for some more decades

Racist Americans screaming >muh constitution are a joke.

explain to me how we didn't had nationalism before or at least in the medival ages. when peasants changed their monarch, they didn't gave a shit, why do we give a shit now?

No

The concept of nationalism has been around just as long as the concept of the nation state.

Nationalism is essentially tribalism. Nationalism is our human nature, not a social construct.

>gas the kikes
>posts IDF
really made me think

I guess we should legalize rapes then, because of >muh human urges and nature.

>tfw the man who cautioned against spooks becomes a spook

Don't bring this shit meme philosopher here

>>>/leftypol/

Shalom to you over there.

Spierdalaj, Rysiek

>Yes, uniting everyone despite century-long animosities and history of conflict will work
Hope you don't mind stepan impaling your father to your house doors as his friends brutalize your pregnant wife.
TIme to get rid of that rusophobia too :^)

Ważna wiadomość czeka.

Maybe things are different is Poland, but we're on the verge of crisis here in the US. This faggot loving Marxist ideology needs to die right fucking now.