Why he dropped the shield ?

I want to know this

Why not? He's never going to register and Cap can't take on the bad guys AND the good guys at the same time.

Well, he did just gang up on Tony and beat his ass over killing his parents. It's the least he could do.

Perfect
Know what I mean?

he didn't even make it

IT IS HIS SHIELD.

Ever hear of the right of possession?

yea but he didn't make it

I didn't see him buy it. It was a weapon he was permitted to use as a soldier.

Guilt-trip

but he chiseled it

It was Steve giving up his position of Captain America. If he was going to fight the Government, he wasn't gonna be Cap anymore.

It's the MCU version of him becoming Nomad after the whole Nixon/Secret Empire thing.

why did iron man let himself get beat up?

and why did the alien kill the black guy? seemed totally out of place

Black dude has to die first, it's the rules.

So Black Panther can give him a kite shaped one in the next movie.

Well, he wasn't going to bend over and pick it up with Bucky in the room.

I thought he became The Captain?

Does that mean that we're going to be getting MCU US Agent?

Loss of faith in the system. It's a Gruenwald thing.

He was admitting that he no longer represented the American people or their values

I saw it as Cap symbolizing that he valued sticking by his principles (in this situation, saving Bucky) more than he valued the superficiality of his position and standing (in this situation, symbolized by the shield). How easily and suddenly he ditches it kind of gave me that feel, it seems to me like
>My dad made that shield!
>Alright fuck, here you go, ask me if I give a shit

>At the end of the movie, in the final fight, Cap effectively beats Iron Man. But it’s a bitter victory, and after some words exchanged, Cap drops his shield. The Russos say this is Steve Rogers saying goodbye to Captain America – at least, as we know him. “Dropping the shield is a rejection of the Captain America identity and a choice to embrace the Steve Rogers identity,” says Anthony.

>He’s a “full-blown insurgent”, says Joe Russo, pointing out the arc that the character has taken, with Steve starting to question power structures in The Winter Soldier, taken to its natural conclusion in Civil War. “The most interesting thing you can do,” Joe observes, “is to take him from a patriot in the first film to an insurgent in the third movie.”

No, that was the second time after he came back from being Nomad.

So Tony can hand it back to him right before the battle with Thanos, and the audience will swoon

>Does that mean that we're going to be getting MCU US Agent?
With the shield now in the hands of the superhuman-controlling establishment? I'd say there's a decent chance of that. Why would Ross pass up on the opportunity to have a new Cap working for the US government?