Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SZIoJtoxCmE
youtube.com/watch?v=wlLHZruDCAA
youtube.com/watch?v=B_jqqJ-77xs
youtube.com/watch?v=qdDvMaNg06s
youtube.com/watch?v=f-PGUQgfld0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cartoons was a mistake.

Would you prefer this? Original design of Snow White.

Tell that to the Fleischer brothers. They knew what they were doing.
youtube.com/watch?v=SZIoJtoxCmE
youtube.com/watch?v=wlLHZruDCAA
youtube.com/watch?v=B_jqqJ-77xs
youtube.com/watch?v=qdDvMaNg06s

Actually yeah, that's pretty damn cute.

this thread was a mistake

there's way worse examples you could've posted

Snow white turned out as bland as she did because she was one of the last characters in the film to be animated. Disney was already so overdue and overbudget trying to get the animation for the dwarves right that they were forced to cop out with rotoscoping for Snow White so that they could make the premiere date.

It's funny how it ended up working for them anyway

I think it made sense because she came off as otherworldly.

Fukkkk yeah, based Fleischer.

Also, without Rotoscoping we wouldn't have most of Bakshi's later filmography, including this most BASED of scenes

youtube.com/watch?v=f-PGUQgfld0

The early rotoscoping in Disney looks odd because everything else is drawn traditionally, in a distinct cartoon style, which had enough time to have been practiced. Doing realistic looking humans hadn't been attempted until Goddess of Spring in 1934. Of course they wanted the heroine to be 'beautiful' (therefore, realistic), so using rotoscope made more sense

Fuck you

So you don't like it because one character who appears for 3 minutes was stylized from photography?

Disney's early movie rotoscoping was only done with females characters. The Blue Fairy was the only female in Pinocchio, unless you count Cleo and the female puppets.

i was bitching about Walking lifebut I realized my autism was showing when bashing rotoscoping for no real reason

>only females
Really? Can't remember the last time I watched any of the early movies but I could have sworn I've seen males too, like the prince in Sleeping Beauty.

Rotoscoping is surprisingly exhausting.

And expensive since you have to pay for the actors and essentially make the whole thing in live action first

>didn't even draw over the actress

Then what's the point

It's called referencing. Snow White and Blue Fairy are the only rotoscoped characters

You are dumb

I read that as:
>"robocoping was a mistake

I have absolutely no complaints