Why does he have to be a kid?

Why does he have to be a kid?

Why not a 19yrold college student or something to make it less awkwards

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3356084/I-ve-gone-child-Husband-father-seven-52-leaves-wife-kids-live-transgender-SIX-YEAR-OLD-girl-named-Stefonknee.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

To stay true to the original concept of 'what if a kid could be superman'.

Problem is that the idea was made to appeal to children. It kind of surprises me that we haven't gotten a animated series for him because of it.

I always liked the idea of a series with Billy actually growing up with his powers. We never really get to see that with the exception of Kingdom Come, and there it's just a timeskip.

He's a teenager in the current Young Justice timeline. Hopefully he'll get some screentime when the show comes back.

story was that he was more popular than Superman at one point so DC's lawyers shut it down.

so most likely DC wants to underplay him so he doesn't upstage sup again.

Why? They'd make money either way.

Because a kid with equal powers to Superman trying to do good in an adult world is far more interesting than another teenage angst story.

The farthest he got was Injustice and JSA.

Former got him killed and the latter he left.

Tradition!

How did this tradition get started? I'll tell you I don't know

This.

/thread, move on

I gotta know does he reveal his secret identity to them or not

Captain Marvel had a live-action show in the 70s and a cartoon in the early 80s

Only to Stargirl.

Wasn't that basically the premise of Miracleman?

marvelman was a rip-off of captain marvel, who was himself originally a rip-off of superman

Does Stargirl still want the dick when she finds out?

That's the reason she wanted the dick in the first place. They had a moment when Billy got depowered. Things look awkward so the old guard tell him to cut it out and the wisdom of Solomon won't let him tell them he's actually the same age as her.

next page i need to know

MORE

I don't keep up with comics very well but isn't he in his early teens in modern canon?

>Why not a 19yrold college student or something to make it less awkwards
Because it would be ANOTHER OP teen with teens problems, OMG, we've seen this 1000 times already.

same reason why they made Ben 10 years old again in the reboot

>the wisdom of Solomon won't let him tell them he's actually the same age as her.

The Wisdom of Solomon tells him not to trust the most boy scout superhero team to ever exist? Seriously the JSA are so pure they make the Legion look like Youngblood

I don't think they care about people upstaging Superman anymore.

I don't think upstaging Supes is an issue anymore for DC. I mean, Batman did that a long time ago.

Geez poor cap

I still like him more then Superman at least

Is Jay trying to hook him up with someone?

He was dating Stargirl at the time who's 16 while Billy in his Cap form looks a lot older despite being the same age.

Very few people knew the truth about his age.

To be honest if written well any DC character can upstage sup the guy is boring as shit.

Why not a latino pansexual transgendered 40 year los that identifies as an infant male?

Sauce?

Why does NuShazam have to be such a retard? Doesn't he have the wisdom of Solomon?

> Doesn't he have the wisdom of Solomon?
Yeah he has a voice giving him advice, but it's still Billy.

He had it, he just chose to ignore it. Turns out Solomon wasn't a fan of turning magic tricks for 20 bucks a pop, and Billy needed the cash

But it's gone now, along with the rest of his pantheon

Wait,where does his powers come from then?

Why does that gif make you think he's a retard?

He got new goods. Hip, cool, and edgy new gods. Also, he can't fly anymore I think. And shoots fire

Yeah, it's dumb. Hopefully rebirth did away with that nonsense

>Why does he have to be a kid?

Why does Spiderman need to have spider powers? Why does Megaman need to be a robot?

Also the "awkwards" is the whole point.

God why are you guys so autistic?

Johns is a retard. He can't write smart characters, he it's like the writers of the sherlock show

Not defending shit writing, but I always thought Billy's maturity always overrode the wisdom of Solomon.

Black Adam is essentially a shazam that is an adult or super old man depending on continuity.

Captain Marvel threads never fail to make me sad that Billy still doesn't have his own book. Or even a big presence in a team book. I can't even "vote with my wallet" about it because there isn't a book for me to buy, it's bullshit

The problem is us fans of Captain Marvel are a minority. The good stories hark back to silver age feelings. A kid fighting magical beings and monsters in an adult body apparently is too fun.

Recently runs have tied him to closely to the JL. He should be more focused on magic threats and would actually fit better on the justice league dark, but no one reads that and it is hit or miss. So instead do not place him on a team, and have teamups more rare. Let Billy do his own thing for a while and then maybe let other heroes have cameos in his book.

Would putting Billy with the Teen Titans be bad or good

Because then you wouldn't have the naive idealism that's supposed to accompany the character?

He could but his power level and the Wisdom of Soloman make him skip a few grades

>Would (...) Teen Titans be bad or good
Bad.

They recently made Billy a bit of a cunt, and it was awful.

That's already happened for the most part.

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3356084/I-ve-gone-child-Husband-father-seven-52-leaves-wife-kids-live-transgender-SIX-YEAR-OLD-girl-named-Stefonknee.html

With that face and hair, I'm having a hard time not seeing Street Fighter's Ryu there.

>Getting Source Manipulation powers from the father of Darkseid
>Fire powers from the Martian God of Death
>Dumb

It's a much better situation than what he was in prior to Flashpoint.

Because this character is about wish fullfillments and self-insertion from a time when little kids read comic books instead of grown adults.

Because going from 19 to 25 isn't really much of a difference.

This

Because Billy represents a kid trying to apply his version of good in a world that does not always adhere to the rules he believes in. His naievtivity allows him to learn and sometimes solve problems that those too jaded by age can not. Also it's a golden age comic about boyhood dreams, duh.

Johns is kidnapped the character in continuity, captain marvel is there, but his "shazam" was result of a failed movie script, that's Algo why he got rid of the gods, everything Billy currently does is being a forgotten movie attemp.

Lord marvel was great but wasted, and Freddy as Shazam had potential. But no, he isn't in a better place.

Because Geoff Johns and wisdom go together like Brian Michael Bendis and continuity

>not wanting Billy to remain a child

to be honest the wisdom of solomon was holding him back anyway

>Why does he have to be a kid?

Because in the world of superheroes we already have plenty of angsty little teens with Superpowers

Having a kid with superhero powers who looks like an adult is actually kind of refreshing

Kek

The real question is how do we make normie mary younger And Shazam mary lewder at the same time?

mary is not for lewd

DELET

wait so captain marvel really does keep his eyes close all the time

why

Then the Titans with not Barry Flash

He's actually anadopted asian

I don't understand?

>The Wisdom of Solomon tells him not to trust the most boy scout superhero team to ever exist with the decision of "should we let this child that has been lying to us from day one, fight along side us in possibly cataclysmic battles, and he only told us with the hopes of getting his dick wet"

i get what you're saying though

JSA #59

The good Capt. is crushing on Stargirl (who is 16 and knows Billy's identity) and Jay being the protective fatherly type is wondering what's up because this relationship is pinging a bit on the pedometer.

Basically, the Wisdom of Suckoman tells Billy that leaving the JSA is better than revealing he's really 16 and not an adult to the most trustworthy member of the group.

Ultimately it was for the best since the heroic types who find out about Billy tend to freak out that some poor kid was given powers to face the evils of the world. You know, like pic related.

It's hard to keep track of Billy's age. It tends to be anywhere from 10 to 17.

what is billy up to right now? After he got his new pantheon I haven't even seen him. Also what do his source powers allow him to do? Not to mention that and the fire stuff seem to be the only thing's he has now

Hey man, us teenagers/adults have every other superhero, let the kids have something.

He's off in Limbo where DC wants him. Or at least until the film in a few years.

>implying that's still going to happen

I want it so bad, but that's last on WB's list

Me too, user. Me too...

That's dumb
Elvis fucking Presley based his whole aesthetic off of Captain Marvel Jr, they should have just run with it

>Marvel
>Rip off of Superman
>Superman was literally just strongman
>Marvel introduced all the other powers
>Marvel also introduced the weaknesses and super intelligent opposition

No. DC was forced to sue the fuck out of Fawcett after Captain Marvel stole the fuck out of all their sales. DC was literally at the bread line and somehow got lucky as fuck by claiming Captain Marvel was a rip off of Superman because he had super strength despite them being ENTIRELY fucking different aside from wearing spandex and beating up criminals.

Superman was a financial flop by the 50s and Fawcett was growing so fast that DC couldn't play ball.

>There is an alternate universe where Captain Marvel talks about how his mom is named Martha

There's also an alternate universe where Captain Marvel keeps his name after DC sues Marvel Comics for naming their guy Captain Marvel.