TOOOOM

Teleport him to a hospital! Or Tony.

;_;

Rip in piece, eyebrows.

HAVE KAT USE HER TECH POWERS TO HACK AWAY HIS STAB WOUND

Shit.
Smitty goin' out alpha.

I wasn't ready for this

He's still talking and doing his hero bit.
He'll be fine.
Thanks, Tom, I'm looking forward to drawing gross stuff. :)

He was stabbed in the heart and he's dying fast, look at how pale he is now. Smitty's not gonna make it out of this one...

If he lives he gets pussy for the rest of his life. Boss as fuck. Seriously though he has to live otherwise every single one of these motherfuckers should be expelled. Hell they probably should anyway.

They quickly make him a new heart somehow, or have a matching one on-hand, and exchange it with minimal issue.

If he was stabbed in the heart he would be dead already.

I'm sure the court will approve that the carver girl literally sent a kid to his death in a terrorist assault against the Court property.

I think his real power is Swag.

Tony will get into real trouble, but he's a good father, he'll correct her.

A heretofore unknown fact: Smitty is one of those weirdos with his heart on the right side.

>Smitty dies.
>George is the new murder ghost.
More like just according to keikaku.

>no dagger in panel 4
HE'S NOT DEAD

He's pretty much exactly the same color as he was prior to being stabbed.

Luckily, the blade passed directly between his aorta and vena cava, missing EVERYTHING.

Seriously, it's been...what, 5 pages and he only JUST started visibly bleeding? Fatal stab wounds to the heart SPURT blood immediately. He likely has a painful muscle wound and nothing else. Lucky for Smitty he has been pumping mad iron recently and has chest muscles of steel.

George can still look cute when she covers up her muscles and cries.

Haha, shit

Seems an odd detail to forget

That's been my guess since the first page of him getting stabbed.

I wouldn't even be mad.

She can still look cute even when she covers up her muscles, that's when you know you got a good bod.
Get those large, soft muscles right, the lats, the arms, the butt and legs.
Modern bodybuilding aesthetics are garbage. The perfect aesthetics are those of ancient Greece.
That's the gainz Parley was going for and that's why she looks cut and cute in and out of clothing.

inB4 Red's fairy power is healing

SMITTEN

Or would that be the other way around?

Teleport to a hospital, for fuck's sake.

Either way he's in a lot of trouble. If a knife missed your heart then it's going to either hit a lung or puncture your diaphragm.

Or she just glues the wound shut with her hairgel.

Mains Gauches apparently plug up wounds pretty nicely.

If Smitty dies, we're into the end game of GK for sure.

Yeah this is a stab, not a cut. There's a reason you're not supposed to pull the blade out.

Surprise!
The French suck at making weapons.

Been dreading this, the end can't be too far off now that the kids are taking Jeanne down.

He's fine, the dagger missed his heart.

Tell that to all the suckers who died with an epee through the eye.

If Smitty survives, he's getting soooo much ass

It's still such a funny thing to me.
I just couldn't imagine that wobbly piece of metal being a dangerous weapon.
I never understood how those things can really be that dangerous when you could just swat it away with your hand.

Those are modern sports fencing epees.

He's DOING IT

Normally, yeah, it would be impossible to save him because he would die during transportation. But being teleported to an hospital seems like a possible way to save him.

>wobbly
You're a fucking 'tard, mate. Do you even traditional sword fighting? Do you even Hema?

You could grab those things and bend them and they'd be useless.
Even that thing you could still stop with your hands just by grabbing it out of the air.
And you could still bend it with enough force, maybe even over your knee.

I just never understood those stabbing swords.
Why make a sword solely meant for stabbing when you can make one that both slashes and stabs AND is more resilient?

Yeah, because European warfare wasn't stupidly inefficient AT ALL.
Everyone knows that the dark ages had the best swordsmasters.

I don't think he'd be talking that much with a ruptured lung.
The real risk at this point is that the stab wound might get cursed. Jeanne is a ghost, after all.

You couldn't in an actual fight. Like you appear to think you're really strong and fast but in actuality you'd be stabbed to death. Stabbing is rather easy to do and much harder to stop than a slash.

I really don't want Smitty to die, but having him miraculously survive seems kinda cheap. Would having him in a coma for the rest of the school year be a nice middle ground?

>tfw now she's single and can be my gf

maybe kat can give him a machine heart.

Oh man I hope Kat turns Smitty into some kind of organic machine monstrosity.

This is the dumbest bait I've seen in a long time.

So why am I googling for historical uses of stabbing weapons in war and come up empty?
It seems like thrusting weapons were always meant mostly for civilian use, almost more as an accessory than an actual weapon, or for one on one civilian duels.

>bend them
I've watched as one was bent with the tip level with the pommel an it snapped right back to normal.

>implying europe can be inefficient at killing
It just gets less efficient.

Further, no. Fencing is fine in the context of its use, that being non-military situations and glory bouts. If I were in a scuffle rather than a phalanx I'd take a rapier neatly stored on my person over a retarded germ long or something. It's just more practical. Especially in closed spaces or with companion weps like a dagger or a shield.

Even if he dies he still needs to get psychopomped. So he'll stick around for many pages no matter what.

Perhaps because war is war and fighting is fighting? You would be a fucking idiot to conflate them. That's like saying I'm stupid for wanting a bat to fight you with because the right answer is predator drone.
Different contexts, finances, locations and so on.

No, but you'd be stupid to bring a bat to a gun fight.
Or even a dagger fight.
What's your point?

Is that in non-milatary circumstances rapiers are extremely effective. Your "evidence" against their effectiveness was meaningless as it lacked the context of their use. It's like a historian going back in time and wondering how useful a flip knife was in combat and seeing that predator drones and other ariel vehicles were more used in the military. There's no relation between the two datum.

Google must've shown you bayonets at some point

A bat might actually work really well in a knife fight. It would have longer reach, a chance of breaking the arm holding the knife, there are worse weapons to have, you can even jab at them with it.

Luckily, I have no actual with this sort of thing, so I can't say for sure

He's either baiting or retarded, let him be.

Almost all european swords are stabbing weapons to some degree. I use a hand and a half sword in HEMA and one of the main things I practice is how to stab accurately and efficiently. a quick one handed lunging stab will go past most guards, as they work to block SLASHES, you have to parry or deflect stabbing attacks.

Even IF you manage to hit with a rapier, you have to be lucky to do actual damage.
I.e. you'd have to hit the face or get a really lucky shot at throat or lungs or extra lucky at the heart.
With a proper sword or sabre you can hit pretty much anywhere and cause damage that significantly incapacitates your opponent.
They were effective because there were no other weapons on the streets, because europe was obsessed with civilizing itself and civilized people used this stylish sleek thing that couldn't do much damage.
For a murderghost, though, this kind of weapon is kinda silly.
Bayonets are a good weapon because you cover your ass from close range attacks as a soldier, not because it's actually an efficient weapon. The main wean weapon that got used was the gun, not the bayonet.
I'm not saying stabbing is stupid, I'm saying a weapon that can only stab is stupid as opposed to something like pic related that can stab n slice.

>this much innaccuracy with this much smug
Fucking HELL

What inaccuracy would that be?

Bayonets turn the best weapon into the next best weapon, a long stabbing blade

>he's dying
On the bright side, if they need to stop the bleeding, they can use his eyebrows to bandage him.

For starters? Your lax grasp on stab wounds and their effects on a person.

With Smitty's luck it probably slid right between all the major organs and caused no significant damage.

>I'm not saying stabbing is stupid, I'm saying a weapon that can only stab is stupid as opposed to something like pic related that can stab n slice.

I see what you mean, but it's also a common misconception. Weight and balance are a huge issue in how you can move a blade around. My hand and a half sword requires a two hand grip at almost all times, it is also SLOW. I swing that thing and I have to complete the motion before I can switch into a guard or another attack. A good rapier weighs next to nothing and you can whip that thing around however you please.

In the time it takes me to take a swing at a guy with a rapier he could potentially stab me TWICE. it's a Dex vs Str thing, speed vs power

>what, 5 pages and he only JUST started visibly bleeding?
I think Siddell finally realized blood needed to be shown. His attention to detail never fails.
>buy the tradepaper backs

So he fucking foreshadowed the hair clip a few chapters back after 'Break-In', and we never knew.

they can just make him a new body.Exceot due to the bureaucracy it will have to be a female body or an animal

Okay, this has never happened to me before, granted, but are you honestly suggesting that being stabbed through the arm is as incapacitating as your arm getting slashed by a large blade?

I'd rather have a good hammer and a good prybar than a hammer/prybar multitool. Just because something can do multiple jobs doesn't mean it can do them as well as a better more specialized tool.

I love Tom.

And I lust Tea.

my grosse messer is 4 pounds, shits heavy as fauark. I'd do alright against zombies but I'd be fucked if anyone with a rapier and basic fencing training came at me

Y-yes? One is a laceration, which from personal experience is something that still allows for full use of the limb.

The other is a large rod of metal penetrating your muscle and preventing it from moving correctly.

Internal wounds are almost ALWAYS worse than exterior wounds.

Smitty's breaking my heart right now.

So you're comparing a rapier punching all the way through my arm with a sword pretty much missing the flesh and only cutting skin?
That's fair.
If you'd compare a proper hit with both, that is, the sword cutting your flesh, I'd think you'd find that severed muscle moves worse than penetrated muscle.

Nice, single edge I assume? I've only ever seen one, but it looked to be a LARGE saber.

You'd never think that a 4lb blade would feel heavy, but they do. My waster is around 3lbs and that thing kills my forearms after a few minutes of practice.

What I am suggesting is that most if not all of fencing is towards the legs torso or head, further, that rapiers are capable of slashing enough to incpacitate, further than one stab is most often incapacitating due to shock and impalement, further that stabs are fucking hard to block, further, that there are more fatal wounds than you think. Why are knives dangerous? A stomach wound will put you on your ass and even with today's medicine can still kill you and that's a knife sized wound not a rapier that has pierced (usually depending on what manual) all the way through the body.

A solid hit to the arm with a slashing weapon would sever less muscle than you'd think. it would be a deep gash, a bad bruise and a most likely broken arm.

Also, what the hell do you think a rapier would do if it successfully hit you, stop halfway? Those things will pierce through you like a needle with ease.

I don't mean to offend you, you just don't seem to know what you are talking about with this kind of stuff. You are talking out your ass to multiple people who all seem to have personal experience with HEMA and the associated weaponry

>What I am suggesting is that most if not all of fencing is towards the legs torso or head
Sword arm, torso, head, usually in that order in terms of how 'easy' they are to hit, with head the hardest but ultimately most incapacitating target. The leg was only ever a target of opportunity. Striking too low would invariable leave your upper body exposed.

A knife has a cutting edge and is significantly wider than a rapier.
You're kinda disproving your own point here.

Anyway, if your bet would be on the rapier my bet would be on a short sword or sabre or something like that. I think your choice would get you killed. That's the gist of it.

You're right about that hema thing which is surprising. I never heard of it. I'm not into medieval stuff.
Personally, I practice archery.
I'd probably kill you before any of this even matters.

jeez, ok everybody let's pack up invent a time machine and go back in time to tell all those people who moved on from slashing swords to rapier that they were wrong, because a guy on Sup Forums thinks a slashing sword is better.
Slashing effectively is difficult to do and it's easier to see as it requires a movement that makes it predictable and is mostly superficial unless you can put in a big amount of strenght in the hit, which is, again, difficult.
Stabbing with a rapier is fast, you can change your target from one side of the chest to the other with only a small movement of the wrist, the wound will almost always be deep, and many rapiers had an edge along its tip so that you could also do slashing movements if needed.
You're a dumbass

Yep single edge, have had it for 12 years, picked up as a teenager when I was in a swords phase. For sure 3 or 4 pounds is nothing if condensed into a small form, but spread out over 3-4 feet and shits heavy af.

>sabre is better by deafult
Fucking saberfags, every time.
I don't think that is the case. Worst case senario it's a double kill. The thing with the saber is not the landing it's the landing saftely. Unless you're more competant with the saber than you sound you'd probably end up dead, especially if you've trained straightline like a scrub.

Manciolino specifically states (and I believe Morozzo agrees with him) that in a 'real' fight to the death, the opponent's sword arm or hand is the primary target, taking it out to safely conclude a fight. Cut it to ribbons or thrust through it and the other man loses his ability to fight, once it's down, finish with a deep target thrust. The bulk of the rest is more for tournament fighting, which is more a display of skill than purely effective fighting technique.

haha I'd catch your arrows with my hands or deflect them with my sword if I felt like being a showoff

Who are these fictional people you're talking about?
No one moved on from slashing to rapier.
They were used when guns were invented.
They were carried as an accessory more than a weapon, the same way the Japanese still carried around their Katana in ww2.
There was never any army that used the rapier instead of a sword.

Even better than that, thrusting strikes are better against gamberson and other cloth and weak material gear (including chain).
Slashing is fucking trash unless you're, heavily trained and at war where thrusting weapons had far larger downsides.

I mean the ONLY armour you could factor across most civi fights would be cloth and maybe leathers for crims. Slash is trash.

ok you're just trolling then.
well then carry on

Maybe conquistadors.
MAYBE.

No one has argued that it was a war weapon, the difference has been clearly defined and explained. Your continued attempt to conflate the two is indicative of how well your other arguements have been thought out and altered in response to people here, too.

she's an archer, of course she doesn't know jack shit about swords

What is your argument, then?
Do you not think armed forces are the best guideline to judge the efficacy and potency of weaponry?
Do you think that the weapons an army uses aren't the best suited for the purpose of killing that could be produced at the time?
What, is the enemy simply holding back?
Do they fight at half power because those rapiers are simply too efficient at killing?

I get your point that 1v1 combat is different from war, that's why you don't use specialized equipment, say, a bow or anti-cavalry in a duel, but can you actually give me a reason why sword would lose to rapier in a duel, but not on the battlefield?

Every fucking thread you dumbasses do this. I wish my friends read GKC so I could talk to them anout it instead of you people.