Blade Runner

Which has the better visuals, cinematography, and score?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/146687239
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tfa

Original is superior. But the cinematography in 2049 is very strong especially for a 2017 film.

Huh, it's like poetry, except whereas the original had decent prose, the new one played ad libs.

2049 by far

the original had a smell to it.
top that.

Despite being 3 hours the new one has better pacing

prefer the grittier, messier look of the original. the new one looks too polished to me

blade runner for all 3
2049 is good still

original for sure

I feel like the original bladerunner's exaggerated light/dark (crushed blcks and often blown-out whites) feels really dramatic and sticks in my mind for that reason.

2049 is beautiful, but less exaggerated

I like original visuals better, the new one is good, sure, but there isn't much to say about it, while the original always looked fucking great.
Also what said

2049 had better writing, the original was better aesthetically.

The original tears in the rain ending in the first is far superior than 2049's, but the hologram scene, the seawall fight were impressive as well.

This, holy shit. There wasn't a single boring part, so it didn't feel like 3 hours at all. I was focused the entire time.

>2049 had better writing
I don't know. More complex sure. But it trips over itself sometimes.

Visuals go to the original, considering they created this world with just models. Cinematography goes to 2049, each second of the movie could be a picture in a museum. Score has to go to the original. They should've used some of the original music in 2049 instead of trying to veer away from it. It would have helped increase the impact of some key scenes, like they successfully did in the final scene with the "Tears in the Rain" theme.

i dont know. Besides the sterile "bubble" house and Wallaces "wooden HQ" ...it seemed just as messy as the original. I guess its cleaner simply because of the film quality itself

Almost took the bait until the last picture, kek

The score in the new one is probably the worst thing about the film. It's merely serviceable. I wish Zimmer was never attached to the project and Denis's original guy stayed on.

The original. I encourage any of you retards saying 2049 to go watch the original again. It had jaw-dropping shots that are impressive compared to todays CGI.
2049 had pretty much no memorable scenes I can think of besides Ks death, and the prostitutes standing in front of the fuck-house

>blatant copy paste aesthetic
>muh references
2049 is trash

t. pickle rick

What are you on about, the aesthetic was way different, just look at all the color scheme that's used in 49 and compare the the original

does denis watch anime? was this the inspiration for the pink joi scene?

vimeo.com/146687239

>original

You mean Final cut...

And this is how I know you haven't watched it. OP images are about all you can get as far as similarities. Most of 2049 is spent in daylight and in areas completely different from the ones in BR. It's the further thing from copy paste or nostalgia bait. Ford only enters the movie near the end.

2049 is too clean, not enough grit

the original will always be better cause it did it first, all these shot homages and score homages all are just imitations of the original and the original will always get credit

Definitely the original. Especially when it comes to score.

Funny how nowadays we settle for lower standards on film than we did decades ago. Even blockbusters had better cinematography and score than most shit made for the big crowds these days.

Jiang Wen?

Is that you??