ITT: Adaptations of characters that got everything wrong

4 words: Teenage Mutant Emo Vulture

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=afiYli16ccE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

user, name a character that series DIDN'T do wrong...

sandman

But but but there actually was one of these in the comics

>USM Thunderbolts
>Taskmaster, Vulture, Cloak & Dagger

>That wasn't Adrian Toomes
>He wasn't a runaway emo teenager
>He was a former mob enforcer that wanted revenge on those that betrayed him

But AA Thunderbolts is good. Wtf were they thinking?

Batman v. Superman got Luthor very wrong.

I think it's safe to say USM got pretty much every character super fucking wrong.

>search by image
>Best guess for this image: ultimate spider man lizard

Dr. Octopus.

First, second, nazi, 90-s or lovecraftian?

Dr. Otto OctaviusOriginal CostumeIron Octopus Second Costume Third Costume Fourth Costume Armoured Fifth Costume Asgardian Armour Nanite Form Monster Ock Octopus Mutant

>not muh luthor

There's literally nothing wrong with Jesse's lex.

I got a mad scientist vibe from him. But Jesse overacted as Lex. I hope his acting is better in Justice League.

There's literally nothing RIGHT with Jesse's Lex.

Fuck you yes there is. And I am saying that as someone who was very willing to give him a chance, because I thought Jesse was great in The Social Network and was expecting something similar with his Lex.
youtube.com/watch?v=afiYli16ccE

And the Rhino was some nerdy mutated kid.

he was based on birthright lex tho, right down to the long hair

USM writers are worse than the Assemble ones if that's even possible.

>SucideAnon
LIKE FUCKING CLOCKWORK

What was the name of the 2nd Vulture again? He was an actual hybrid, appeared in The Gauntlet IIRC

Birthright is shit though.

This should've been posted already.

Jimmy Natale, the Punisher franked him though.

You're thinking of the third vulture, I think. The second vulture was just some guy who was in prison with Toomes and stole his wings when he got out.

The Fox movies were never very faithful at adapting things, but this by far takes the cake.
Followed closely by snake mutant scientist Viper and Old rich guy in a mecha suit Silver Samurai.

The hardest thing for me to wrap my head around that Silver Samurai was having that much adamantium lying around to create that suit. Well, besides not being a mutant and all that

Didn't they say it was thin plating or something?

eh, i thought it was pretty good from what i remember.

Why didnt you like it from what i remember

yo?

It's impressive that the only characters that got character development in that cartoon were Zemo and Songbird.

Zemo renounced his family pride and took the opportunity to turn into a good guy
Songbird turned from a attention seeking villain to an unlikely hero and will return in the finale probably joining the Avengers.

Other than looking nothing like comics Korath, they didn't really get him that wrong. Korath was just some Kree flunkie loyal to Ronan that pursued people, seems pretty accurate to me.

Why didn't they paint him blue like in the concept art?

To be fair they were the only ones getting some actual screentime, with Moonstone being distant second. In general Zemo and Songbird are the two T-Bolts getting pushed the most in the multimedia properties (except the comics).

How about characters they got wrong, but still ended up great int heir own right

everything i read him in had him more as a evil alien scientist type more than a generic mook lieutenant. I think his design would have been better if the armour was a bit reddish or something.

at my guess, they already had 3 major blue characters with ronan, nebula and yondu.

>How about characters they got wrong, but still ended up great int heir own right

El Rafaga, the Flash from the spanish Justice League live-action show.

He's more like Rorschach, than any of the Flashes....but he's awesome.

But Korath is supposed to be of the same species as Ronan.

The birthright excuse is bullshit,Birthright lex was a teen who legitimately went crazy for a while before going straight into classic smug lex for the rest of the series.Eisenberg took a teenage lex that was on page for one issue and made him even MORE autistic and whiny with some anti god complex and daddy issues and never became pic related like birthright

No, I mean even compared with the main cast and some of the other guest characters that are nothing but carbon copies of the movie personalities.

How has THIS not been posted yet

Tell me more

>everything
Sorry, but he had the petty piece of shit down exactly.

Huh, in this case I have to admit that I haven't seen enough Avengers Assemble to notice. But yeah, if Zemo and Songbird are literally the only ones getting character development on the show at all, period, that's kinda pathetic.

Pretty much there was this Argentinian cape movie based on some guy's DC fanfiction elseworlds novel about "What if Superman landed in a South American slum?".

The movie then spun off into it's own tv show last November. And it's pretty cool. The movie is like a Crime Syndicate of America deal, but then by the end (and the show runs with) deals with a more "Gods And Monsters" mind set.

It also has a very different but creepy version of Mirror Master.

>Snyderfag shit post
Nothing new here

I did

pic related