What is the best horror movie ever made? And why is it The Shining?

What is the best horror movie ever made? And why is it The Shining?

It's The Exorcist, pleb.

Alien has always been my favorite.

The shining shit on its own lore. Reminder that it is not Stephen King approved

Frailty

Spooky, great acting, touches on a real and frightening problem in America, great story.

Steven King is a good writer but he's a hack director and has a shit taste in films, this has been long documented

>Steven King is a good writer
Jesus Christ...

The Ring (2002)

>Steven King is a good writer

No

>but he's a hack director

...what?

the shining isn't even scary

He directed one movie, Maximum Overdrive. It's was pretty awful but it was kind of fun to watch for how awful it was.

t. Brainlet

>not Stephen King approved
that makes it a better movie

Maximum Overdrive is flickino

It Follows, roast me senpai

all the stuff going on in it are certainly more interesting than the jump scares and gore of other films

Alien, The Thing, The House on Sorority Row uhh hold up let me think.

The Shining is good and beautiful though.

Respectfully disagree. His early works before the pills, alcohol, and entropy got to him are pretty decent.

Oh, now a Kubrick movie is not good because King thinks it's not?

Hahahaha.

I think the same user, its just stunning. I'm with the idea that every un-normal scene like the room 237, the bar, the nigger going to check em, etc are only a dream of Danny and the subtext is Jacks abusing him wich make it absolutly more horrific because of the reality of it all. How a wicked man with the proper conditions could become that.

Room 237 is Dannys mind creating the ugly lady when in reality he's been raped by his father in the beed scene.

Well it is HIS lore, and thematically the movie differs quite a bit from the book. Good movie units own right but it's not a direct translation

Devils Rejects

We are streaming horror movies all month.
Filthycasuals
.tv

>he's a hack director and has a shit taste in films,
This is objectively true. Go look up any top favorites list of his and you'll see his taste is horrid, especially horror.