ITT: /Movies you watched in class in high school - core/

ITT: /Movies you watched in class in high school - core/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TvHLqgEcvJw
youtube.com/watch?v=X-ribYfC1AM
youtube.com/watch?v=80GgRWuXcO8
youtube.com/watch?v=UFMMieBnDBE&list=PLpbcquz0Wk_9txYs28MBhPWxvcX5pqLUK&index=6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nah fuck these movies. Enjoyable, but responsible for all these holier-than-thou teachers trying way too hard to be the teachers portrayed in these movies, except with a lot more laziness and without the balls, and mostly spewing bullshit theyre not educated on about rather than doing their research.

Hate seeing these pricks teach.

Freedom Writers and Rocket Boys I've seen multiple times in school

Rocket Boys is great and holds up I have no problem with it

Freedom Writers is shit

Smoke Signals thread?

You could pick out the racist asshats by comparing the kids who walked out of the room speechless and SHOOK and the ones who walked out screaming, "YO NAME IS TOBEH!"

I always thought playing possum would be a good strategy in battle until I saw this

October Sky. Rocket Boys is the title of the book but I agree I always enjoyed that one

"Mein fuhrer....Schteiner...." became a meme around our school after. Also people started adding Nazi names to attendance lists when subs came in.

>Is Rommel here?
>Goering?
>Himmler?
>Oh jesus christ...

I got to choose this.

Senior year of high school

Spanish class was kino centrĂ¡l
Watched Frida, 9 regnas, lovers of the arctic circle, il postino, the devils backbone, pans labyrinth

based af
got to watch elephant man in freshman health class

Fucking lucky. We had to watch this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=TvHLqgEcvJw

What a piece of shit.

>other kids have english earlier in the week than I do
>are ahead of our class in the movie
>literally 7 days out there are whispering's of the boob scene
all boys schools are a special kind of horny

That Romeo + Juliet movie with Leo.
I actually liked it because beforehand we watched some really old version.

So which did you seen in school anons?

october sky
growing up in wv this shit was played in every grade and it sucked because it's an otherwise decent movie

>actual teacher was missing
>sent in another teacher to keep an eye on us
>we had nothing to do so he put on first half of Full Metal Jacket, I think he just got it from his car or something
>guy in class called Laurence
>"Only faggots and sailors are called Laurence"
>Everybody Keks
>becomes school meme
>"Hey Laurence I bet you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose"
>good thing he was chad or he probably would have killed himself

comfy memory

THIS
first 14yo tits i ever saw.

This, as well as pic

What About Bob
Swing Kids
Awakenings
12 Angry Men

Romeo & Juliet.
>teacher tried to fast forward through the titty scene
>paused it instead
>they hung there vibrating in VHS glory for 30 seconds while she fumbled with the remote
I'll remember them forever

>October Sky. Rocket Boys is the title of the book

Right right

fun fact: those are made of the same letters.

R O C K A N D R O L L M C D O N A L D S

>12 Angry Men
I wish I saw this in school

Oh and Paths of Glory

Our teacher freaked out too and tried to fast forward but we all saw it

12 Angry Men is a movie I'd probably hate if I watched it at school

MacBeth
Erin Brockovich
Super Size Me
Snippets from Gandhi

also my pic

Teacher here
She did that on purpose.

I forgot how paused VHS tapes would jitter like that.

Did you faggots not watch this?

These are all the movies I remember watching at school

> Shrek
> Holes (studied in English along with book)
> Ferris Bueller's day off
> The Matrix
> Once were warriors
> Romeo+Juliet
> Paradise Road
> 12 Angry Men
>

biology class

>You listen. And you take a lesson from the dead. If we don't come together, right now, on this hallowed ground, we too will be destroyed -- just like they were. I don't care if you like each other or not. But you will respect each other. And maybe -- I don't know -- maybe we'll learn to play this game like men.

youtube.com/watch?v=X-ribYfC1AM

>run out of material early
>watch the first 30 minutes of Shrek
>dozens of times
someBODY

> watched in 5th grade
> teacher hadn't seen it before, but PG rating so should be fine right
> Man hangs himself in jail
> Penis broken off statue, glued on upside down
> "sexual torture devices" in the attic

It was this movie and other CBS Afterschool Specials that were being played in my high school. Made us all depressed after watching them. Loved my H.S.

This along with Rudy

Also this should be nominated for worst dvd box art.

It was around the time I started getting into classic films so I really enjoyed it. It was in a psychology class and we had to write some kind of analysis paper on it. Great experience.

Ah shit, I forgot about Erin Brockovich
>They're called boobs, Ed

the racists were the ones who were actually affected right? because they felt guilty?
because I liked shouting TOBEH

philosophy class

I wish

watched eXistenZ in philosophy class in college
pretty good desu

Spent half a year on it

Are those dogs fucking

pretty sure I saw this in class each year of high school

Anyone who saw this must now watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=80GgRWuXcO8

>tfw teacher skipped past the entire scene before it came up
>never got to see 14 yr old tits

Weirdly enough, the black kids I was friends with did the "yo name is TOBEH" shit the most. A large part of the class spent weeks pretending to whip the retarded kid who was in regular classes.

ethics teacher wanted to show it to us cause he loved it but he couldn't justify it

Watched it in a creative writing class (yeah, I know) after reading the Campbell short story/novella.

I'm jelly
how did the class react to the scenes

Did anyone else watch this in history?

I swear to god i saw this movie like twice every year I was in high school.

with my patrician philosophy teacher (male ~30 years)
>A Clockwork Orange
>Control
>The Pianist
>Trainspotting
>Immortal Beloved

with my pleb literature teacher (female ~50 years)
>hunger games
>beauty and the beast (I don't know if this is the exact name, I remember Vanessa Hudgens was in it)
>restless

the cute girl who was sitting next to me jumped and squeaked a little when the dog's head split open to reveal the spider like thing

Was this one just my school (Australian)? I doubt it'd get much play in the US but did other commonwealthers experience the joy of prime Keira Knightley and her dfc?

Oops.

>Pic related

In music class after a concert

I liked it

Stand and Deliver was the movie that taught me movies didn't have to be nonstop action to be enjoyable. I'll always be thankful for it, even though it could easily have been a number of other movies to teach me that eventually. I remember thinking it would be boring as fuck but in the end I couldn't resist the charm of the characters. It was good but nobody was getting punched or shot and there were no explosions or sword fights. Just characters and acting. I just want to go back to being 13 again.

This one year in high school my Spanish teacher was out for a few months because she'd given birth. We had a "substitute","temporary replacement", whatever you want to call her, during that time. She was in her early or mid 20s, and she was the definition of a 10/10 Latina cutie. Anyway, we didn't really do a whole lot in class, and when we ran out of material, we just watched a bunch of movies, some of them not even related to Spanish in any way, like Shrek and Ghost Rider.

this 100%

absolutely comfy kinography, saw this for the first time in class.

This was /biokino/, along with Arachnophobia and everything David Attenborough ever made

Our secondary school art teacher out Withnail and I on for us in a double class once, only myself and one other person care, place was full on pleb-mode.

I watched this movie at least two dozen times throughout middle school and high school.

Gandhi
Romeo and Juliet
Westside Story

is this movie actually good?? I love football movies but never watched it because of how fucking rediculous the cover is. Plus shitty tittle choice.

proof that philosophy is for consipritards and neckbeards

Yeah It's pretty good. It also has one of Jerry Goldsmith's best scores and no one ever mentions it. Actually improves the quality of the movie itself.
youtube.com/watch?v=UFMMieBnDBE&list=PLpbcquz0Wk_9txYs28MBhPWxvcX5pqLUK&index=6

Our old English teacher was a pro. She knew exactly when to toss a sheet over the TV.

A NEGATIVE TIMES A NEGATIVE EQUALS A POSITIVE
fuck yeah I loved stand and deliver also im latino im forced to love it along with la bamba

Catholic school, obviously. Pretty sure everyone in the school had to watch it. Except perhaps for that one kid who was an atheist and the Schools principal (who was a priest) made sure absolutely everyone in the school would know he was not a christian. Lucky fucker didn't have to go to mass either. Schools are stupid.

California has way too many beaners.
Like, way too many.

We watched this whenever the gym teacher was hungover

At the Catholic school I went to, the principal took everyone on a field trip to see The Polar Express in the theater. It was pretty fun and a kind thing for him to do, but even then I found the animation creepy as fuck

We only watched the first half, it was a sub who played it, and I never knew what it was really about until after I'd graduated.

fucking retarded nigger english teacher

I GOTTA TEACH THESE KIDS CALCULUS
I saw that movie exactly 8 times from 7th-10th grade and I really have no intention of watching it ever again.

tropic thunder
harry potter and the sorcerers stone
lion king
12 angry men
to kill a mocking bird
the princess bride
>thats all i can remember

oy youre not allowed to question that

david cole's questions still havent been answered

also saving private ryan, amistad, and the patriot.

Boy, Americans sure do watch a lot of movies about the holocaust, huh?
Better make sure you all remember the 6 million.

In my Florida public school, 90% of every single history class was dedicated to a combination of holocaust and civil rights/slavery. I had no idea about the cambodian/rwandan/armenian genocides until years later when I actually read history of my own accord.

Why is nukekino so comfy?