I leave for bootcamp in less than a month. What are the chances of me seeing war?

I leave for bootcamp in less than a month. What are the chances of me seeing war?

What branch and MOS you going for?

Marine Corps infantry

Chances are pretty good you'll visit the sandbox.

Who the fuck aims for infantry? You just want to kill people, is that it?

>4 years active
>4 years IRR
>infantry

I'd say pretty good shot. Granted, depends on how you define "war". You'll probably spend at least several months in some third world hell hole just looking out for IEDs. Have fun.

>Marines
>not army rangers
What are you, a pussy?

What did you score on the entrance exam?

well in the marines they assign you what they want. so you may very well not be infantry.

also you probably won't see combat.

also, unless you get into a bad ass unit, you won't do shit even if you do. half the bad ass marine infantry men I know did logistics patrolls and never fired a round in anger.

marines are retards.

>you just want to kill people, is that it
>hajis
>people

Brah

Nah, I did two years at a college, funds ran out, and I figured I can follow in the family tradition of serving with the infantry and earn the GI Bill at the same time. When I'm done, I will use the GI Bill to finish up and get a Master's.

You do know women are graduating ranger school now, right?

>Infantry

Why?

And yeah, especially if you reenlist and are in atleast 8 years.

Read up on every Pacific war and Korean war memoirs you can.

This.

You probably might get sent to one of the many sandboxes but you won't see any combat, chances are you gonna pull security for gear and weapons that will be "accidentally" lost to ISIS or whatever flavor of haji is in at the time like me.

And also #NotAllMarines

I got a 98 on the ASVAB

were all going to see war, you will just have the weight of an army beside you

>Chances of me seeing war
100%
Posting from Fort Lee, VA

user I am actually in the process of enlisting, and it's the only enlisted program that requires a bachelor's believe it or not. You basically sacrifice officer's pay to walk right into CID as a special agent. I'm pretty excited.

These guys actually deploy with special forces too, but deployments are rare.

You can sign for a guaranteed field. I signed the UH contract, which guarantees I will get one of the infantry jobs.

>Women can graduate ranger school
>Marines dont

>chances of seeing war

Zero

My
Ass
Rides
In
Navy
Equipment

Thats all a marine is. Unless they plan to storm a beach somewhere youll be on a boat or stuck in some shithole without ac guarding a stockpile until isis comes to pick it up.

My wife is a corpsman at parris island.

If you overheat they stick a thermometer up your butt.

more than 80%

You don't even feel the silver bullet actually, depending on how bad you are overheating. When your body is 108 degrees and is cooking internally the last thing you care about is a small thermometer in your ass.

>Unless they plan to storm a beach somewhere

2003 March to Baghdad, Fallujah, Ramadi. They don't just storm beaches, although thats what they specialize in, they now act as "shock troops" and take territory for the Army to hold.

Should have joined 8 years ago. Wars over.

>joining the Marines
kek

>actually wanting to fight in some sunk-cost undeclared insurgency fight like Vietnam or Korea with no chance of winning
>realizing those truly responsible for 9/11 died in the planes with everyone else

what was your gt?

Breddy gud. We're going to be sending a fresh bunch of guys over to the sandbox for playtime with IS.

why marines ? Is it because of american movies ?
If you like water just go for navy

03 series? Be more specific, what's your MOS?

Family history. There's been a Marine in my family every generation all the way back to WW1.

I don't have an exact MOS yet, I haven't left for bootcamp. I only know that I'm guaranteed an 03 job because i signed a UH contract.

not horrible but not really bragging level either. my gt was 148.

also, once you are in, your gt is for bragging. if you got over a 95 base you brag about your gt, not base.

have fun on those pullup bars. I went in september, it is a good time to go.

He won't get his MOS til after bootcamp.

You should marry whatever woman you are dating right now.

Gets you out of the barracks, since married life is best life...

Yeah nothing better than getting cucked by Jody while you are getting smoked in Parris island.

cuck the thread

>bragging about asvab scores like a boot

just haze my shit up, cpl

You brag about your GT and shit if you have nothing else to brag about, ergo if you're a fucking boot.

Just like you'll only have boot camp stories that everyone saltier than you will not want to hear.

I have a bronze star and a vua. but I am still pretty proud of a 148 gt.

I don't know what shit units you were with but people know when a guy comes in with a near perfect asvab in most units. no matter what tabs and medals he has.

0% you fucking faggot.

You don't go to war in bootcamp.

What the fuck? People actually brag about asvab scores? I thought he was actually joking.

Just call out sick if you ever called to war

100%

Though your chances of actually 'engaging' in combat are less than that.

>USMC
>Chances of seeing action

None then. You pretty boys guard yourself some graves, or stink up foreign lands with your excess of Cologne, leave the proper warring stuff to proper regiments, such as Kensington Second Girl Guides

If you aren't infantry, I'd say 0% chance. If you are, slim chance. Go marsoc that's the only way to guarentee a fight and they won't take you until after you've done 1 deployment. It's not easy getting into the fight. You have to either be lucky or very patient.

I'm probably the only combat vet in this thread. I got my CAR in my 6th year and 3rd deployment. Since there is no war on, you'd have to be stupidly lucky to engage an enemy. Unless Trump sends the Marines to Syria. Even then, not every battalion is gonna go. It's totally up to chance.