Courtesy of Sup Forums take with a grain of salt as always

Courtesy of Sup Forums take with a grain of salt as always
>I can't talk about who I know this from but I can confirm from who is a very accurate source 4 main things:
>1). Studio execs are having a meltdown over fears about the quality of JL.
>2). When this picture was released social media was being watched very carefully and reactions (in particular from Reddit which was about 90% negative and/or unenthusiastic) sent Warner Bros higher ups into panic even more. The editing is about to be micromanaged and modified nonstop until its release.
>3). Ben Affleck is thought to be "over it". It's feared by many in the know that he's working on cutting himself off from anymore projects in the DCEU. Motivation from him for his solo Batman film seems to be over.
>4). A trailer was supposed to be released around the end of Dec. but the quality of that was contentious, least of which is because the "tone" hasn't been decided on yet in terms of how this film will ultimately be cut and they are trying to be cautious with how a trailer will set expectations before they decide what this film will end up being.
Regardless, what are your expectations thus far, will a trailer be released soon, and what comic material do you think they'll pull from?

Other urls found in this thread:

batman-news.com/2017/01/09/report-batman-production-delayed/
youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc
comicbook.com/dc/2017/01/09/ben-affleck-on-directing-batman-were-good-and-going/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shh, no tears, only Evansposts now.

I feel so bad for Affleck

This.
Should have given him the reins in the first place.

>watch the reaction on Reddit which is Marvel Shill Capital
WB keeps showing how retarded they are

yeah they should've looked here where reaction was 100% negative and unenthusiastic

fucking moron

Im guessing they look at Reddit given the web traffic and its easier to gauge reactions, regardless of the kind of people who post there. Also
>Marvel Shill Capital
Citation needed, because IIRC they have a devote DCEU following too

>The editing is about to be micromanaged and modified nonstop until its release.
That was the fucking problem with BvS and SS. Butt out, god damn.

>in particular from Reddit
Why always Reddit?
Why don't they ask Sup Forums what we think?

because Sup Forums is reddit

except for Sup Forumsmlbr of course

SS did great with normies though...

none of the DCEU "movies" did great with anyone

I've enjoyed the DCEU as a whole so far. Can't wait to see JL.

My friends really loved the fuck out of suicide squad and batman vs superman. They liked suicide squad because harley was "hawt", and liked batman v superman because batman killed people, was rough, and beat up superman like a child. They're also in their 30s and still wear fingerless gloves and korn t-shirts.

>reddit
Get this out of here. Twitter, Facebook hell even Tumblr are more acceptable places to gange reactions. Anyone one with basic marketing reasearch would understand that.

that's one example of people who are CLEARLY not normies

I don't believe this at all.

When BvS was screened to "da suits" they gave it a standing ovation and were very proud of it and it was pure dogshit. All supposed "leaks" said that "Wonder Woman STOLE the show" or "Jesse Eisenberg was a revelation"

Knowing that, we know Studio Execs don't know shit about good films so if they really are having a meltdown this film might be at the very least, fine or that if the film really is total trash, OP/Source is total guesswork because execs would not let that information out.

>Why don't they ask Sup Forums what we think?
Because what Sup Forums thinks is just whatever the fuck reddit or tumblr thinks at the moment., Sup Forums doesn't have it's own opinion on anything, nor will it ever be important enough to matter to anyone or anything.

You need new friends
>Implying WB has good marketing research to begin with after Suicide Squad

I'm sure Bayformers are your jam as well.

The blue fuck are you talking about? These movies were made with hottopic people in mind, and it appeals to them. And it worked.

because we're contrarians by design

i still didn't like both Avengers movies

aside from the Night Owl goggles that Batsuit is pretty fucking nice.

They fucked up Superman who is the foundation of the super hero community. Then they are making a justice league movie with him dead for the majority of it.

The DC cinematic universe is close to being injustice and they should have just rolled with it. After watching some of the marvel movies I thought I wanted more gritty comic movies, then DC goes and proves me wrong with all the dulled colors and angst.

Batman is fine as is, maybe fix his Martha fixation. WW was miscast the jewess just doesn't fit. Flash characterization seems off, made him act like a high schooler. Aquaman seems neat but not enough revealed on him. Cyborg will be shit since he hasn't been anything but ever since the push to put him on the JLA.

>Ben Affleck is thought to be "over it". It's feared by many in the know that he's working on cutting himself off from anymore projects in the DCEU. Motivation from him for his solo Batman film seems to be over.
aw sheit

>batman-news.com/2017/01/09/report-batman-production-delayed/

look at the one sad pathetic loser in this thread who likes the DCEU and laugh at him even though he's probably just a troll

>Aquaman seems neat but not enough revealed on him.
What do you mean, don't you remember that cool awesome badass slow mo shot of him drinking a bottle of whiskey and then smashing it on the ground and making a mean tough face? They made him a badass biker type of guy, for once, aquaman is going to be really cool.

What I mean is that DC has been known to show one thing in trailers then have another in movies. Case in point the MoS trailer was inspirational, then Superman goes full murder rampage before making out with some old lady on the ruins of Metropolis.

>When this picture was released social media was being watched very carefully and reactions (in particular from Reddit which was about 90% negative and/or unenthusiastic) sent Warner Bros higher ups into panic even more.
Man, that sounds dubious. Monitoring reactions to a trailer makes sense but do or die on a picture that doesn't show anything we haven't already seen? Also why single out Reddit?

Aquaman was always badass. This is trying too hard. New 52 Arthur was pretty good

Biker type, cool pick one

They really should have added an explosion in the background of him drinking whiskey and throwing it on the ground. It's nice to see they're finally doing aqua-man justice.

nah, i worked for Disney not too long ago and every promo push we did was monitored closely by the marketing team and sent to legal who presented findings to execs. yeah, ass backwards but not out of the question they do it with the WB/DC assets. hell, i'd count on it.

Cyborg looks so fucking bad

funny how Cyborg's crotch looks like Bay's Megatron.

MEGATRON PENIS

My dad is a Time Cop, and let me put everyone's worries to rest; after this year, all this DCEU money is put to much better use in a second saga of Harry Potter movies.

I'm not at liberty to say much else, except that the OP never scores.

Yeah he got fucked pretty hard. Lifelong fan of Batman who finally got the chance to play the character, only for it to be directed by a retard who think "yeah but wouldn't it be cooler if he killed people?"

it looks like his entire body is CGI

There's less shitposting on reddit, even if the majority opinion on a film is negative they're still not as harsh as detractors here. Shitflicks like Amazing Spider-Man get discussed with civility there, same with Suicide Squad.

The average redditor is more representative of the average normie than the average user, which is what they care about sampling

Reddit is for normies, and as such represents the general public.

>Shitflicks like Amazing Spider-Man
You mean the one spider-man movie that was better than all 3 of the raimi flicks?

Remove the nostalgia goggles. They aged like milk.

no that's Homecoming

Its because it is. Save for half his face, the entire thing is probably a mocap suit.

Neck yourself Sony bitch, those movies were so shit they didn't even complete their trilogy

>for once
youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc

They didn't need to, seeing as the first one was literally better than all 3 raimi shitfests. Didn't have 45 year old fat faced maguire playing a high schooler, and it didn't have snaggletooth playing a model.

you're projecting your insecurities again user

ASM was fucking garbage you shit. Not saying everything has aged well with the Raimi films, but the difference is people actually still like Raimis for what they are.

Oh boy

Looking closer his costume gets even worse

You know damn well why they don't

ITT: casuals who don't read comics trying to tell people how to make movies based on the comics.

Sup Forums is not the place it once was. Fucking reddit is a more extreme place than what Sup Forums is.

>4). A trailer was supposed to be released around the end of Dec.
wut? surely its meant to be coming out at the release of the Lego Batman Movie,smae way the LBM got its first trailer with BvS

What? No it isn't. Leave Sup Forums once in a while.

He looks high and afraid.

>I feel so bad for Affleck
Yeah, I don't think he deserved this at all.

"Finally I get to work on my dream project. Oh wait, it turns out the suits are just a bunch of fucktards"

Yes, it is. Anonymous are seen as a joke these days.

He was actually a solid Batman/Bruce, what faults he had were in the script. Damn shame too.

>for once, aquaman is going to be really cool.
>for once
You disgust me

I will never unsee Megatron crotch

>after this year, all this DCEU money is put to much better use in a second saga of Harry Potter movies.
Oh thank god. Fantastic Beasts was better than every DCEU movie so fart

Nothing against DCAU Arthur, but Ive always hated 90s hook hand Aquaman

That's because 1. he's high and 2. he's afraid the movie's gonna bomb.

I'm honestly glad this movie will bomb. Serves the studios right for shoveling this bullshit down the public's throat. I was alright with Quipvengers, but now it's just fucking ridiculous. A movie every year/every other year? Characters and logos on every fucking street corner, every product? Fuuuck yooou.

I want the DCEU to crash and burn so bad. I've wanted a line of DC movies since I was young, and the level that they have fucked it up is absolutely depressing. MOS was mediocre at best, BVS was a mess, and Suicide Squad was so awful that I feel baffled when people defend it.

I want them to stop everything, then pull a Rebirth by pulling their heads out of their asses and actually look at constructive criticism.

god dammit they're so fucking autistic, why is it so hard to put out something that people enjoy, marvel does it and they produce mediocre shit. why is it so hard for sony, fox and wb to not produce cringy shit

Marvel seems to be relatively good at finding writers and directors who like the characters involved, it helps a lot

It won't bomb though.

It'll be slammed, the DCEU will lose actors, it'll lose directors, some movies may be cancelled but the money will still roll in. Snyder may be thrown out but whoever comes in will be micromanaged to fuck by the studio to try and get the positive response from critics and audiences as well as the dollars as soon as they get a sniff of bad reaction to pre-release.

It'll flop critically again, more lambs will be slaughtered, it'll repeat. An endless cycle of the DCEU working like a woodchipper, shredding everything to splinters with no end in sight.

>Should have given him the reins in the first place.

he only cares about Batman though, what would be the point.

He is the biggest responsible next to Snyder for this pathetic universe
It was Affleck who brought Chris Terio and ruined the script for Batman V Superman
It was Affleck who brought Gal Gadot to be Wonder Woman

Why Flash has pointy nipples? Is he a 12 years old girl?

She-Flash has bigger mammaries than DCEU Wonder Woman.

You have no fucking idea what parts of the script was Terio and not.
Nothing wrong with Gadot as Diana at all.

No one's ever gonna consider your shilling, Sup Forums.

This. Not only was he the Goat Batman, but he would probably direct several God tier capeshit flicks. The man has skills. And I say this as a Marvel fan.

>The DC cinematic universe is close to being injustice
No not even fucking remotely.

>that Cyborg

Looks like he stole AoE Lockdown's body and shrunk it. There's even the hole in his chest where Optimus ran his sword through him!

Lockdown looks notably better, Cyborg's outer shell just looks like fucking wrinkled tin foil.

>The editing is about to be micromanaged and modified nonstop until its release.
What? A DC movie being micromanaged and edited until release?

No way

Shit, I knew that reminded me of something

Why won't WB execs just make the movie imitate the cartoons. That's literally all casuals want. An entire generation of people raised on BTAS/JLU and they can't find a way to make real versions of these characters likable.

>mfw Snyder managed to make his Kino trilogy despite all the hate and the meddling

I already got what I wanted, this ship can go under for all I care.

I'd say he is trying to play his cards right, WB execs are obviously trying to take too much control and he is putting them in a bad position, they all know, once Affleck is gone its over for the dceu.

Needs more NAAARGH

>Ben Affleck On Directing Batman: 'We're Good And Going'

>Fox 5 of Philadelphia's Kevin McCarthy was finishing his interview with Affleck at the Live By Night press junket, when he took a chance to speak for so many fans, pleading with Affleck to 'please direct Batman.' Affleck's response? "We're good and going!"

comicbook.com/dc/2017/01/09/ben-affleck-on-directing-batman-were-good-and-going/