It's funny how in modern time when we have all our needs met more and more people are falling into depression, eh...

It's funny how in modern time when we have all our needs met more and more people are falling into depression, eh? are you depressed Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wy59p5FEDA8
archive.org/stream/tk-Technological-Slavery
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_differences_in_suicide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i keep telling myself im going to become an hero, just not today

>(FYROM)

It's the effect of the Internet and being more interconnected to everyone, makes people feel more left out if they find one difference.

indeed technology has taken its toll

Jewish propaganda in all media causes people to an hero when depressed. Like homosexuality, it was a minor problem that the Jews exploited to cause any rebels to auto-an hero. If you an hero your not truly red piled. /thread

The human mind and body are built to endure conflict.

The expectation of lifelong struggle is encoded into our DNA, the same as any other animals.

If the mind has nothing to fight against, nothing to strive for, no hardship to overcome...

It will make up its own problems.

"The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel."

We are not more interconnected.
Computers have not brought us together.
People are more antisocial than ever before.
Community participation is at an all-time low. People don't trust each other anymore. And social media seems to have had the ironic effect of making people worse at actually talking to others.

Combine that with how there is no prevailing way of life, no guiding principle to live by anymore. The majority of people are not religious, and beliefs like nationalism or patriotism are not promoted. What is the purpose of my life, people ask themselves, and they can't find an answer.

What enduring culture has survived in our time of isolation and nihilism? Consumerism - buy what the jews and the corporations tell you to buy. Look at the new amazing chinese electronic plastic. It's a hollow distraction, however, from your isolation, how you are unmarried, have no god, have no children, and have no passions.

It's little wonder why the suicide rate is steadily climbing. Society isn't providing people with good reasons to keep living.

do you think people can be happy in life without a "purpose"

No, not truly happy. Nobody is actually happy drifting along life meaninglessly. Some people become okay with it and just understand that's how the world is sometimes.
But young men and women especially I think become stir crazy if they have nothing to look forward to in their lives.
Young men want something to fight for and believe in. Young women want children.
Take those things away from them and they turn nutty.

why do you think that?
we just recognize it as something now

No, we just have more time for getting all existential now that we don't have to spend 12 hours out of our day making sure we have access to sufficient food and shelter.

See, this is what I'm talking about.

People think we made life easier, by removing the physical work involved to make food and shelter.
In reality, we made it physically easier in exchange for making it ten times more mentally difficult.

The majority of people alive should be doing some kind of farmwork. It gets them out in the sun, working with other people, doing physical labor that makes their bodies fit and healthy.

Instead, all over the world people simulate this exercise in gyms so they don't get fat and sick and miserable, and the rest of their time is spent inside staring at some glowing rectangular screen.

>believing in the pharma jew
depression, autism, aspergers, add, adhd are all hoaxes

This.
Humans no longer have to engage in physical labor to survive.

Yes, been depressed for a couple of years
I know I have potential, but it's so hard to get anything done, the depression is like a physical constricting feeling and melancholy weighs on my heart

People always need a reason to live.

In shitholes the instinct for survival is enough, but today survive is a great thing at all

such is evolution

No, because I use the psychotropic jew

Well fuck, you struck a chord with me.

There's nothing ahead for me in the future. My days are spent mostly inside, sometimes going for walks when I muster the energy.

After that, I come back and proceed to waste my time dicking around on Sup Forums. It's a way to escape the inevitable shitshow that my future will be.

Most days, I don't want to get out of bed. There's not a whole lot to get out of it for, nothing driving me to meet the day with joyful exuberance. Just the same old routine, day in and day out.

This is now an alcoholic thread.

1/21

Why do you drink, Sup Forums?

2/21

Listen to some Nazareth with me, fags.
youtube.com/watch?v=wy59p5FEDA8
I'm almost done with the 3rd Reserve and I'm about to move onto the bottle of wine I was supposed to give as a gift.

What a wonderful life.

Sam Oktoberfest

Real talk: is there a return from being legitimately dead inside? Especially if you've never developed an identity in life?

You just need to find your Hitler.

3/21
c'mon fellahs i know you cant be happy to be posting on Sup Forums.

1.) how long have you been here?
2.) what drew you in/made you stay?
3.) how has browsing Sup Forums changed you?
4.) /paul/ or /pole/?

Olde English 800.
pic related

Damn...

Depression is for leftists, take a greenpill or breadpill and power through. Reality is what you make of it. Don't look for what is true or false, look for what is useful. If you believe something hard enough it will become true for you, so just believe you're a badass or something. If you pretend to be a certain way for long enough you'll find you become that way.

>tell myself I'll be a "badass" for a day
>still become petrified in public
Nice.

The easier it is to achieve goals and acquire things you want, the less you value them.

Ever notice how every time you get what you want you just keep wanting more and more?

If you constantly receive things you want and need easily and quickly, you'll just want more and more and value what you receive less.

The easier the life of society, the more depressed it gets.

4/21

>Sup Forums since 2012, what a kekworthy election as depressing as it was. the "we president again" stick was hilarious albeit soulcrushing
>i stumbled upon it and found the mindnumbing racism fucking hilarious. i genuinely did think it was all satire at first. i know better now
>im definetly anti-(modern)feminist and i challenge all of my fag lib arts friends views all the time. they are quick to prescribe bullshit labels to me (racist, transphobic, etc) but never have counter arguments. im presonally fine with gays and trannies but dont try to tell me some chick pumped with testosterone is actually a man because logic trumps that shit
>4
its pole for me, man

This.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=msgBdyNTbcc

you didn't believe it hard enough pussy

Yeah of course nigger.

Well it's more that you get used to it.
It's like fake it until you make it in reverse, you just become that.
When your every day is shit you become a lot better at handling it than most people who haven't even been dropkicked by life yet.

5/21

That's probably true. But I feel haunted by the past. The issues I suffer from today are what I've suffered from even way back when as a small child. To dissociate from a terrible past is to dissociate from the self you had molded as a reactionary measure in that past.

I used to be. I really should be. Work a part time job, live in a shitty camper on my mothers property.
I'm not through because I have a goal. We are going to sell the house and move out farther into the country and have a small farm, a place where the whole family can come and stay if things get bad. Completely off grid. I've spent the last 3 years amassing the equipment I need and the knowledge on how to build it. Gonna build it so I can live that spoiled American lifestyle but perpetually so when the economy finally shits itself i wont even notice. All the electric, hot water, heat and food I could ever need. Air conditioning, hot showers, refrigeration and just about every other appliance and gizmo. I can either use satellite internet, cellphone or the best would be steal wifi. With long range antennas and the new lower frequency wifi, you can easily get over 20 miles of range with less than 1000 dollars. I live in a mountainous region so if i can get it in the right spot on the right hill, I could steal wifi from town. Shitposting, gaming, eatin good, muh hobbies and best of all, the whole world is rotting in its own filth and I don't have to give a fuck. That keeps me going like nothing else. Fuck this gay earth.

>falling for the mental health meme

>Postmodern society

6/21

>Sam Oktoberfest
you're either rich with no taste or not an alchy
>Olde English 800
Good man. Those shatter proof boys are pivengale.

I agree, mostly. But what about people who continue to move forward, people who drive to succeed even if they are already comfortable? What makes them different?

7/21

>tfw you will never tongue-punch her fartbox

MOVE THAT BOOK OUT FROM THE RAIN HIDE IT UNDER YOUR JACKET ITS GETTING WET WTF ARE YOU DOING

maybe, I plan on shooting myself soon regardless

>don't work out
>sit on Sup Forums for 4+ hours every day
>if not Sup Forums, video games and tv
>eat processed garbage
>make as little effort as possible to better yourself or your community
>wonder why you're depressed

Who /anti-depressants/ here?

I'm on Citalopram

I'm a useless virgin with no friends

alcohol is terrible haha guys but weed is totally awesome XD

if I lived in the US I'd do that, its so easy

actually I eat healthy and do some exercise. makes zero difference though

I'm not going to disagree that modern society is shit and the social media is a fucking cancer, but you have no right to whine like a little bitch. Life is what you make of it, and you have to make your own path.
While modern technology and politics has destroyed our culture, it also means you literally have the freedom to do whatever you want and pursue whatever you want, and there is virtually no risk of you dying of starvation of exposure. So shut the fuck up and do something.

Wellbutrin.

I must have had ADHD-induced anxiety because within an hour after first taking it, my mind achieved a state of clarity it practically never had. I can't even really explain it. Imagine your worst fear, and imagine it becoming so one-pointed and all-consuming that every little thought you have is supplanted by that fear. That's pretty much my mind before Wellbutrin.

Now I'm just fucking depressed but at least I can change my life for the better.

8/21

beings stoned 24/7 is definitely gay buy its nothing compared to being drunk all the time.

you dont die at 29 from being a stoner faggot.

If you're afraid of dissociating from who you are now, you'll never be able to change. I was bullied as a kid, I had no friends, and I just stopped talking to people and isolated myself to cope. I was suicidally depressed even just a year ago. Now I don't give a shit. I want to live. I will survive, and I will make my life how I want it to be. I have an ideal, a goal I'm moving towards, you need to find yours.

Depressed people usually are living in the past, they're reactive. You have to become active, don't say, "Woe is me." If something is wrong change it. If you can't do something about it accept it and move on, dwelling on it won't change a thing.

Lighten up, dummies.

Used to suffer from depression a lot when I was far more liberal. Had a conservative awakening over the last few years, began to assume more personal responsibility for my life and situation, and now I have high self confidence, and have far fewer 'cant get out of bed' days.

>Life is what you make of it, and you have to make your own path.
Define it

9/21

You're probably not eating as healthy as you think, nor are you exercising as hard as you think you are.

As a sidenote, life is inherently meaningless, so you must assign your is meaning to it. As stupid and as perpetuated a statement as this is: have a goal and attain it. And make damn sure it's what you want.

I think the progressive response to this is something like "people have always been depressed now we just have the means to treat it :DDD"

Sounds rough user. Since I started SSRIs I've made a bit of progress. I can handle social situations better now. And I don't cry that much any more. Sometimes I feel a great sense of relaxation that I haven't felt in years.

Good luck on your journey friend. I'm thinking of learning to drive. Just gotta finish uni this year.

10/21

Living as a white male in the 21st century is enough to get me depressed.

Exercise just makes me sick if I go too hard.

I've never had any goals. Don't want wealth or kids for example.

>taking the happy pills your quack jew memeologist prescribed you
>paying some quack to listen and pretend to give a shit about you in the first place

My belief is that humans aren't made to live in peace with on another and just being given everything they need leaves them in a negative state of mind

Jokes on you son, I get medication free thanks to the NHS and counselling free through my uni. Keep crying about da joos though.

I was horrible depressed as a teen/early 20 something. Now married with kids, employed, happy.

Key is to find work to do. Tasks to complete. Plant a garden, read a book, build something, go to school, do something. The worst thing you can do is sit around and do nothing but shitpost or masturbate

I wasn't bullied as a child, for some reason I just could not interact with kids my age for the life of me. This extends all the way back to preschool, back when most people don't have the slightest modicum of retrospective free will. I don't fucking know why my younger self imposed such a rough, anxiety-filled life onto himself, like, was it genetically-induced? Am I just a genetic failure or overthinking?

Either way, my anxiety issues I had as a child are mostly unresolved to this day. And that makes me feel like a child.

This is true. I suffer depression off and on myself. The drinking doesn't help, but I think the lack of a goal in life is the main problem. I'm working on it, but I was never goal oriented even as a child so its been difficult to find something that I think is worth pursuing.

>happy pills
Essentially. But what's your point? You glanced over the content of my post and kneejerked. I was being cucked by a state of mind I couldn't control no matter what.

It doesn't have to be something like riches or children, user. I don't want those either.

I'm just saying that you can put anything you set your mind to, and you're able to do it now more than any time in history. You want to write a screenplay? Read a book on how to write one, watch some movies, and write a killer screenplay. You want to become a cowboy? Move out and work on a ranch, and take in the scenery and beauty of the west. Want to make video games? Start practicing making video games.

Those are just a few examples, obviously. I think that every one of you anons has a large amount of potential that is unrealized.

Conservatism is good for the soul.

No, it's not funny at all and makes perfect sense why this is so. The world that we are living in is completely unnatural. It's artificial and overcrowded with people who do not think the same and perceive it in the same way, creating conflict. We are bombarded by information, more information that we were ever meant to process. It's going to get worse as we interact more and more with and through computers. If you were born in the 80s or early 90s think of how much things have changed already. Now fucking everybody has some sort of screen that they look at most of the day, both during work and leisure. Absorbing media, interacting through social media, so many different messages at once. What are we doing right now?

No, it's no surprise we're all depressed and that some of us have reached cosmic levels of insanity.

Ted Kaczynski outlined a lot of this in the manifesto uncommonly known as Industrial Society and its Future. I believe he was delusional in thinking the system could be destroyed, but that doesn't make his analysis less valid and it's difficult to refute his vision of the future even though technology has had positive effects. Unfortunately he didn't help the cause by sending bombs, though I don't think there really is a solution to such a complex problem. Nevertheless, I think people should read what he had to say, it has some valuable insights. Here's a link to the best version available:

archive.org/stream/tk-Technological-Slavery

Kind of...

I appear confident and friendly on the outside, but inside I want to just fade into black.

>You want to write a screenplay? Read a book on how to write one, watch some movies, and write a killer screenplay. You want to become a cowboy? Move out and work on a ranch, and take in the scenery and beauty of the west. Want to make video games? Start practicing making video games.
>Those are just a few examples, obviously. I think that every one of you anons has a large amount of potential that is unrealized.

Well I like gardening, reading, politics, tennis. I do like the idea of living on a farm. There are some things I enjoy. I'm just not sure how to pursue them, or make a living/career out of them etc. Doesn't help that I'm very lonely. But thank you for this post, cheered me up a bit. I haven't given up all hope yet.

Same here. Well not very confident but I'm polite and generous, I look normal and healthy enough. I can be really loyal to people who take the time to know me. But I'm a shy guy that doesn't like drinking or partying so that sort of marks me out a bit. And I'm very self loathing. Even my mum tells me that.

thanks for the new Wojak

>It's funny how in modern time when we have all our needs met more and more people are falling into depression, eh?
It's not really surprising. As a species human beings seem to define their reality through suffering. It's the striving for things that makes them feel fulfilled.

The Unabomber spoke of the power process in his manifesto. It's worth reading.

The TL'DR of it is when we are provided everything, we find no meaning to life and have to find more and more absurd things to do to derive meaning, whereas before we would have been too occupied with the necessities of life.

We won't get out of this. It will only get worse.

>b-but my utopian future

I fought against this by becoming closer to the natural world. I have never felt better than when I dropped out of college to become an arborist. Now my days are filled climbing trees and cutting them down, surrounded by like minded individuals who also love being in nature. It's liberating

ITT: >>R9K//
Fuck off

Do you think that's why so many people turn to social media?

Well it was Nietzsche that said that fanaticism is really the only way to power for the weak and insecure, so it would make sense.

whenever I go for a hike I get tunnel-visioned

What does this mean? Just overthinking?

Don't refer to him as the Unabomber and call the manifesto what it actually is aka Industrial Society and its Future. More likely that people will read it then and it really is something that people more intelligent to consider it. He argues in it that reform isn't possible, and is probably right but there has to be a way to somehow reduce the suffering.

But yes definitely, it will get worse before it hopefully gets better. I don't really want to imagine the horrors of the future, it's that fucking bad.

>sit on Sup Forums for 4+ hours every day

Filthy Casual

It just means you're focused on hiking, happens to me too but I just slow down and take it all in. Learn to brew your own wines too, really enjoyable and you get plenty of good alcohol to drink

I've been thinking of dropping college too and being more involved in Search and Rescue, which I'm a part of. I really enjoy being in it and it's very rewarding.

This

perhaps our bodies are designed most optimally to be living outside, getting sun, doing physical work all day, working as part of a tribe

not sitting indoors, mostly alone, going to bed late, getting too much intense stimulation

>genetic failure
That's leftist thinking. If you believe you're a genetic failure, you'll find that you become one. Cut that shit out.
>anxiety
I had anxiety issues for a while as a consequence of the bullshit I went through. A few suggestions: take up meditation, just the basic mindfulness meditation stuff or raja yoga, both can help calm anxiety down. Learn how to just bee urself :^) but really you have to be prepared for getting shut down by people. I just try to think of social interaction as a game that you only lose if you think you lost. Maybe you can come up with other strategies.

See pic related if you need help with this shit (personally I would agree with Jung that everyone needs meaning, everyone needs to feel as though they are part of some story to live a life they feel is meaningful), I'd recommend seriously reading some of Kierkegaard's stuff, look at his descriptions of the aesthetic, ethical, and religious lives, figure out where you are and what decisions you have yet to make that are causing you problems. I think this stuff is in Either/Or. Good luck.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_differences_in_suicide

honestly tho, where the fuck can I go outdoors with no friends? I go for a hike but I'm bored as fuck because I'm still trapped in my own mind out there.

I used to be very depressed, but I learned that being different can be good and making people laugh helps you laugh.
Had a therapist tell me I "wasn't living life" and I cried a ton at first but it ended up pissing me off so I got out of my slump and got healthier thanks to a friend, and with that my depression greatly lessened.

You should learn to love yourself and you'll learn to love everything else around you. But don't fall into the trap of hating that you can't love yourself. Try looking up some career lists. There's so many different jobs you'd be amazed by the shit you can make a living from. There's BOUND to be something related to your interests.

Yeah OP, it's almost like material possessions have nothing to do with actual happiness and everyone's buying into a bunch of bullshit put into their head by madison avenue and the media. And that the US economy is kept afloat by people purchasing bunches of shit they don't really need. And that the people spend all their lives giving all their time and attention to some job that only really benefits their bosses and the IRS. And by them spending so much time away from their families or favorite pastimes hoping someday that they can make enough money to be happy. Or at least enough to finally pay off that student loan they had to take out to get that job that's really going to make them happy someday.
It's almost like the whole system is complete bullshit.

its because people need challenges in their life

which is why i fully embrace diversity

join a hiking group, or doing something more challenging like mountain biking

Ppl are depressed cause it's hard out In the real world. You'll be in debt paying off the 600k house that was 200k 10years ago, everyone wants to be rich(fucking American media influence), no jobs etc etc etc