AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH *inhales* HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

>AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH *inhales* HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
A PG-13 B slasher movie took number one slot away from the most over hyped art school movie of the year? Beautiful

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0hEbkx9qzGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Niggers and teenagers ruined cine

Cut the BS user. Jamal and Stacy aren't to blame. Blade runner was a cult film. When you reboot a cult film, there's not a large established fan base to prop it up.
This was doomed to happen

is happy death day any good btw?

>Sup Forums is upset an original movie not hamfisted with nostalgia for manchildren did well at the box office
Just like that sink in

>groundhog day but she dies at the end of the day
It certainly has the potential but I'd bet the people who made it weren't smart enough to make something interesting out of it.

Ironic isn't it? They bash the remakes/reboots/prequels/sequels formula but proceed to get on there knees and suck for Bladder Runner

it's a very self-aware movie that has a pretty funny script with a pretty meh/decent storyline.

if you have nothing better to do it's an interesting use of time

why are normie horror movies so surface level, like the director/screenwriter have never even tried abstract thought?

What proof do you have that the people who hate rehashes and the people who like Blade Runner 2049 are the same people?

Dude...have you missed the endless MCU threads?
This is pleb central.

it's a horror/comedy combo, who the fuck would want to be intecellectually provoked while watching this fucking movie?

thank god you arent in the industry

you're right. the bladerunner crowd is probably just newfags from reddit

BR2049 last act is a mesa m8. Ford fucked that movie, he shktnt have been in it. His character was unneeded.

So it is a comedy? So that trailer with the totally mismatched music was actually accurate?

yeah it has some basic horror elements, but i would say 50% of the action sequences are joking and the other half are serious

it isn;t like every single scene has an intense joke but the majority of them have little snide comments like the sororiety leader talking shit to one girl because she's drinking chocolate milk during a meeting and calls her a slut

i could care less desu, the managed to make a sequel without fucking it up. it wouldve been so much worse if it did so well they considered a third movie.

Yeah. Not as a horror film but it's a decent romantic comedy desu.

Anyone else think the movie has some serious tone shift problems, where it just goes full retard? The scene where she's spying on possible suspects from the bushes, complete with night vision and military camouflage was something out of a spoof movie.

>slasher film with teens
>original
The fucking state of nu-Sup Forums

What kind of piece of shit wants some toss away horror flick to eclipse some solid sci-fi kinography? Do I need hunt you down and slaughter your family, OP?

>an original movie
>he hasn't seen groundhog day

I tried to make it through the first blade runner years ago and I thought it was garbage.
>Inb4 why you hate scifi
I like scifi, seen alien movies, terminator, etc.
Have read: Caves of Steel
The Naked Sun
Robots of Dawn
Robots and Empire
I Robot
Robot Visions
RingWorld
Starship Troopers
The forever war
Just to name a few. What I hate is overrated art projects like blade runner.
>Oh it made me "think"
>It has neon lights and Ryan Gosling
>Great movie
Literally KYS

It's the current year and movie studios still don't realize that making horror movies is like having a license to print money. If you keep the budget under $20 million you are guaranteed to make a profit. It's the only genre where audiences don't care about star power or having a big name director.

So you can read Heinlein and Asimov, watch Terminator and Alien, yet Blade Runner is too deep for you? "No!" You kill YOUR self!

>americans
the russians were right

ITS OCTOBER SO SCARY
SCARY MONTH
THE DEVIL LOL

With what I watched of blade runner I did not find it "deep". It was boring trash where Harry Ford flies around and stares at crap for a paycheck.
Robots are machines. They are not people, so why should I care what they feel? In Asimov's books he shows the limitations of the robots through the 3 laws but also shows why it is important why they have this programming as opposed to
>Harry Ford runs through the rain looking for robots

My 16 yo cousin read all that novels and more and his favorite film is Avengers, fuck you

And reddit fags like blade runner and call it great. What is your point turd?

Maybe you guys just need to accept that 2049, and the original for that matter aren't that great of movies. Each of them only really does well in certain aspects, but overall they're pretty mediocre.

>american brainlets in a nutshell

>its a genre fiction retard

The lead actress has a very bitch face, so i'll pass.

sh-shutup! i'm buying 10 more tickets this weekend!

>Its another I think I'm smart cause fiction is dumb faggot

>art school movie
I can see you worked hard on this, but this is not serious work.
See me after class.

GUYS IF WE THROW MORE DOLLARS AT IT WE CAN GET ANOTHER ONE! ONLY NEED TO BUY 50 TICKETS APIECE

Why does Sup Forums care about Box Office numbers so much?

Plebs will always outnumber Patricians.

Why aren't Americans banned from Sup Forums yet?

Because America is better than you and we know it

Because they are usually bad and doesn't deserve a reboot/sequal... BR does deserve it however and BR2049 turned out to surpass even BR.

Those books are shit tho.

>It surpassed the original
Cause it would've taken so much

Better than whatever crap you like

>BR does deserve it
No it doesn't it flopped too when it came out

Also I can't believe Sup Forums is actually defending sequels and reboots. I blame GoTfags and Euros

No shit. If you were young enough to not give a crap about Groundhog Day (let alone website trivia sci-fi cult classics) and you didn't want to spend a butt numbing almost 3 hours in the theater with BR 2049, HDD's trailer promised to set you up for the Halloween season.

>PG-13 horror movie in Spooktober is able to make more money than an R-rated, highly stylistic sequel to a thirty year old sci-fi movie that nobody was actually asking

Inconceivable!

The hypefags blow these movies up and then they flop. I love it

If your mother isn't dead, I hope that she or your next favorite relative dies painfully while they attempt to go to sleep tonight.

>sequels and reboots.
Reboots are lame, but seriously fuck off newfag

YA
SEETHING

People want to have fun at the movies.

I'm shocked.

PLEASE COME BACK SO I CAN TASTE YOUR DELICOUS TEARS

S E E T H I N G

Be that as it may, lowest common denominator filth still shit up film just like they shit up music and video games. You guys KNOW this when you use terms like "capeshit" to differentiate from "kino". Marvel horse shit makes insane amounts of money but it's still mostly insipid dreck full to the brim with shitty one liners and a premise simple enough for ADHD addled millennial and gen z audiences to follow it.

So do you actually like films or what?

there were enough people involved with Blade Runner that they probably don't care if it makes money because of how good it turned out and how great it must have been to be a part of it

You guys are absolute plebeians, but I don't actually want your mothers to die just because you have awful taste.

>Likes blade runner
>thinks I have bad taste

you're trying too hard kiddo

Yeah, I don't get how Carlos works here

Come on, you know you want to be pissed at me. Tell me how I'm wrong about the hype train that derailed at the theatres
Carlos was a jack ass when he said stuff like user I responded to. Not putting it here for crappy puns

you're a retard

drink dick, scum

Is that all you got? Come on you can do better

this

You're a retard

>Drink dick
The levels of autism in this post. Thanks for at least giving a solid shot though

already used Gotta do better if youre gonna prove to me these movies are worth watching

youtube.com/watch?v=0hEbkx9qzGs

I'm thankful for anons like you who try out these dumb movies then still come here.

>There are braindead plebs that actually care how much money a film makes relative to other films.

What?

Explain to me why I should give the first one another go. I couldn't finish it cause I thought it was crap.
Youre a retard was already said so it wasn't original reasoning, and not even a good reason to give it another chance

>Youre a retard was already said so it wasn't original reasoning, and not even a good reason to give it another chance
I'm very drunk right now and you expect me to interpret this gibberish?

Ok Ill make it short and sweet:
Why is blade runner a good movie? It seems like poo to me

What's a better question:
Why do I like it?
or
Why do I think you should like it?

No I find it funny that some crap horror movie unseated the hype fest that was the new blade runner. All the budget and artsy crap lost first place at the box office in one week to a b horror movie. I find it very funny

Why do you think I should like it?

does she start raping people knowing her day would reset?

Sorry, but you took too long and I forgot my point. I tried to remember to no avail. I'm too drunk and I guess you shouldn't bother with the new blade runner.

Alright fair enough

>Plebs watch flick
How is this news?

Repeaters is the only movie that has the character rape someone.

What's ruining cinema are adults who still watch baby movies,as well as people on this board who pirate everything instead of spending money on the movies that interest them.