This is the greatest show of all time and it's not even close. Now come at me with your contrarianism

This is the greatest show of all time and it's not even close. Now come at me with your contrarianism.

Doesn't hold a candle to breaking bad or game of thrones.

Jesus, could you have any worse taste?

It's RIIIIGHT behind The Sopranos but it's fucking close. Excellent taste my man

Twin Peaks

Finishes really weak, I don't care what anybody says.

It's close, but it's no Rome.

I miss our old /scp/ generals back when the show was airing. Good times bros

Nah, but it's in my top five, for sure, maybe even top 3.

might have been top 5 before john hamm fucking douchebag ruined it

By thinking Mad Men is good

that's not the sopranos

The definition of comfy.

i watched the pilot and found it boring

>tfw Mad Men will be the last tv kino in history

Amen buddy

Give credit where due, m8. Twin Peaks just finished an outstanding third season. Not comparing the two shows (as MM is far superior) but TP acquitted itself masterfully

It takes a few episodes to get rolling since it's character-driven but it's pace definitely isn't for everybody. It doesn't sell itself on it's violence, explosions, fight scenes or plot twists; it's purely a character drama and arguably one of the greatest examples of one ever made.

Hannibal was pretty damn good

It's a great show, it really is, but it's laughable to compare to The Sopranos.

shit bait

No it isn't and Peggy is up there with Lisa Simpson as most unlikable characters in TV history.

sopranos famm. i mean i know it's the obvious answer, but it's also the correct one

It's just a bland soap opera. The costumes and sets are lovely though

>Mad Men done
>The Knick canceled
>The Young Pope on pause indefinitely

What do we watch for tvkino, bros?

It's tied with pic related for me.

pete campbell is objectively the best and most likeable character character

What are some other shows of the caliber of Mad Men, The Wire or The Sopranos?

I've only seen the first season. I don't think I want to finish it.

Deadwood
Better Call Saul
Rectify
Broadchurch (1st season, UK version)
Early X-Files

Battle Star Galactica is better

This

Rome (season 1) is trashier but still absolute GOAT television material.

I tried mad men but I felt zero connection to any character and the plot is as inconsequential as it gets. Do people imagine theyre don draper when watching it? Guy seemed like a joyless prick.

I imagined I was Peter Campbell.

Mad Men is a character study of Don Draper set in a volatile decade of American history. If you can't feel any interest in any characters, the show just isn't for you. It goes out of its way to humanize most of them, even the terrible ones.

you're just too low iq to appreciate quality writing

I only watched a few episodes so maybe Ill try the first season at some point. Draper just seems evil. Kept fantasizing about one of the characters taking scissors to his neck. Thanks buddeh.

>Betty will never be your mum
>you will never watch her pee
>she will never suck out your cummies

who gives a fuck about this soap opera drama bullshit unless you are a roastie or a fag

The Deuce

Wow, you might have some issues you need to address.

It's the peak of what can be done with a soap opera. Some of the greatest works in history were part of a lowbrow medium in its day. There's nothing inherently wrong with soap operas, only that most attempts are terrible and cater to women

wtf, flaws doesn't make someone evil. He fucks up people's lives(and his own) but it weighs on him terribly with regret and despair. He's a sad broken man in a facade of success, who continuesly makes bad decisions in situations most people never find themselves in, secretly wishing they would. I just felt a mix of pity and jealousy while watching as I'm sure most men will say the same

If by issues you mean mean necks, and by address you mean put scissors in, then were on the same page, amigo.

lol

This show is boring as fuck.

You're lucky you said "show" and not "series" or these guys would be pooping on you rn

Its basically 'Don has an affair again this week' the show. Literally nothing happens. I can see the Sopranos similarities but it doesn't come close.

Comfy as fuck

idiocy

Cry more lil bitch

Why did lem have to die?

Overwrought. Too much cute dialogue. Too much winking and nodding to remind you it's a TV show. Too much surface, really. Which doesn't work even if it's a show about surfaces. Sopranos will always be the best.