Apparently, the brakes on the Batmobile have been tapped

>Apparently, the brakes on the Batmobile have been tapped.

>According to a longtime BOF source, THE BATMAN has been “pushed back.” How long? “A couple of months” I was told. If this is indeed the case, it means that THE BATMAN won’t start filming until mid-Summer at the earlier. Thus, a July 2018 release now will be in question as will a release in 2018 period.

>Or – and this would be the worst case scenario – perhaps Affleck knows that JUSTICE LEAGUE is going to suck (I'm hearing it's a mess -- I hope it's not!) and is ready to bail on the DCEU before he gets GIGLY’ed (again) by it.

>Look, I hope (i.e. desparately want) that Ben Affleck directs THE BATMAN, so here’s hoping the reason behind this alleged delay in production the first hypothetical I proposed above. But, something’s up with THE BATMAN, no doubt about it. Could this be why Affleck's comments about THE BATMAN suddenly changed here recently? I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit worried, but I'll remain optimistic (because I really want this to happen).

batman-on-film.com/batman-films_THE-BATMAN_Affleck_rumor_pushed-back_1-9-17.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gsRqZmi37vI
youtube.com/watch?v=7xiwISrp1H4
screencrush.com/cyborg-in-the-flash-movie/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Justice League is going to sink the boat, its the final gambit.

Oh boy, I can hear the meltdowns coming

If it completely screws the pooch I figure they might try and start all over again

This is great news, it means that Ben and DC aren't rushing it so it has more time to be amazing

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

How long would they wait? What sucks is we all know the first installment of a new universe would be fucking Batman again. I imagine Johns is drinking heavily

Of course, there's an interview today where Ben's saying it's still going. So much clickbait, it's ridiculous.

youtube.com/watch?v=gsRqZmi37vI

Oh yeah, we had those too back when Faraci reported that BvS was a mess and you idiots posted the same thing.

Press F to pay respects

Not even the Justcie League could defeat the mouse overlord

Yes user, that's exactly the conclusion after the previous story about how Affleck still hasn't confirmed that he's directing it and the script still isn't ready.

Because they are still fine-tuning it. Obviously. That's the only reason.

>Not even the Justcie League could defeat the mouse overlord
Well they could if absolute retards weren't at the helm

>What sucks is we all know the first installment of a new universe would be fucking Batman again.
Just like what WB always wanted!

So Sup Forums really think DC fans like the Warner movies? you have to have real shit taste to like them

Fuck it, just turn it into The Crime Syndicate

just make it injustice, that would save the franchise

Wish I could say I'm surprised at this point.

The problem is that there are DC Comics fans, and then there are DCEU fans. since Marvel fans are often a subset of MCU fans, people assume the same is true for DC.

>Defending Devin "Grab Em By The Pussy" Faracai.

Is there any chance for Justice League not to be a complete trainwreck?

Man of Steel was genuinely one of the worst movies I've ever had to see, Batman v Superman was a bit better but still very far from good and Suicide Squad, while not quite reaching the depths of pure awfulness that Man of Steel had, came pretty close to being as bad.

I mean, where do you go from here?

>Is there any chance for Justice League not to be a complete trainwreck?
Snyder is still directing so no

Also, MoS was honestly a good movie in comparison with BvS IMO

>if you can't argue his points attack his character

low, even for a snyderfag

Ya know what kinda sucks? Some reviewers have probably already written off WW and JL. Pity.

>Is there any chance for Justice League not to be a complete trainwreck?

Snyder at least says that he's done "deconstructing" superheroes, so while he's still a terrible director and I can't see this being a *good* movie, I think there's a decent chance it winds up really generic.

That's the best case scenario, though.

Lets take a look at the board user
>Superman needs to be revived at some point
>Steppenwolf is the villain
>Needs to establish/flesh out Cyborg, Flash, and Aquaman
>Has to tease Darkseid but not before a big CGI Parademon action scene

>tfw liked MoS
>tfw liked BvS UE
>tfw hyped for WW and JL

inb4 shit taste etc

You know (and this is completely unrelated to the movies) I always thought that BMD was a fan-site, mostly because the name sounds so amateur-ish that I didn't think it could be a serious site at all

>Screw up a Superman movie
>Screw up a Batman vs Superman movie
>Screw up a Justice League movie

How? It should be literally the easiest task ever.

>there are DCEU fans
Those people haven't read a comic on their life or eat any shit the company gives them is like when people critics Marvel and some retard strat saying that's console War from what i seen Marvel are most pissed ones right now

I'm with you my man

Make up your fucking mind.

Likewise, Suicide Squad is better than both.

As long as Hack Snyder is involved there is no hope.

He's like a Sup Forums "kino" poster that actually gets to direct. Plot, character development, story, all of that is unimportant to him, all he cares about is
>muh fancy kino shots!!!!
>muh visual symbolism!!!!

All his movies are shit because of this they are all the same, he knows how to make pretty pictures and that's literally all.

You know I used to think that but after giving it a second look, I noticed how absolutely shit the editing is for such a big movie and how it didn't give a fuck about anybody other than Harley and Deadshot. The best performance in that movie was Jai Courtney of all people and he doesn't even get to Boomerang his Boomerang nearly as much as he should

In other news Disney now has ANOTHER billion dollar movie

Superman Returns>Superman III>Suicide Squad>Green Lantern>MoS>Steel>Catwoman>BvS>Superman IV

Really? Batman v Superman sucked, no doubt, but there was at least something there. Not a whole lot and the movie had no right to be as pretentious about it as it was but there was an ambition there, that I could respect. Even if that ambition amounted to "making a worse version of Watchmen". I was bored when I saw it, sometimes even annoyed, but never angry.

Man of Steel on the other hand kinda pissed me of. I mean, I also had higher expectations for it and saw it at the theater but it was the first movie I almost walked out of. What an absolutely dull, joyless and self important mess that was.

That Cyborg movie is never gonna happen, is it?

Profit without acclaim is the path of Michael Bay and Fast And The Furious.

>Apparently
>According to a longtime BOF source
>I'm hearing it's a mess
>alleged delay
Someone is earning their cents very hard.

Superman Returns is genuinely the best Superman movie since 1978.

Oh that got cancelled a while ago

That's hilarious that you're saying that in a DC thread which is literally going the way of Bayformers if it keeps going on

It got merged with Flash ages ago.

It wasnt going to happen anyway. It was either going to be a Teen Titans movie, or they were going to dump Vic in Flash's movie

Do you think they will just abandon the idea, or reboot their shared universe? Will they learn and create a connected universe from the get-go starting with solo movies building up to bigger events, or just step on the same rake by rushing movies in a hollow attempt to pursue marvel?

well luckily it has that too

>be me
>be DC fan
>be genuinely love those characters and worlds
>be loving comics, cartoons, video games, all that shit
>be also big movie fan
>be loving cinema to death
>be seeing the badly done DCEU
>be only seeing bad past
>be only seeing evidence of bad future
>be me
>be suffering

Waid pls

Fast and the Furious are actually generally well received

They don't get the criticisms that Bayformers get

>implying the DC movies have any acclaim

Why did they even announce it in the first place? How could they possibly think a Cyborg movie could even work?

Rogue One had good choreography and better editing. Also a soundtrack with a fuckibg recognizable theme.

Its mostly boring forgettable shit but I got to admit, nothing has topped the plane scene in terms of Superman movie moments
youtube.com/watch?v=7xiwISrp1H4

That's not happening anymore actually

>be DC fan
Stopped reading there. Real DC fans know that DC can survive any box office bomb.

Even better, they can have another Batman and Robin and Marvel would suffer the most.

Wow. A smart decision for once.

One of these days, there is going to be an incredible documentary on the conceptualization" development, and collapse of this complete shit show of a universe. I can't wait to see it.

So what comes next, lads? What is WB going to try to rush to fill the spot? Are they going to pick a hack of a director for the Flash to try to get it back in it's original spot? Maybe they give Trank a shot since he has experience making cape flicks.

FnF movies actually have acclaim

Unlike DC

>Also a soundtrack with a fuckibg recognizable theme
The only recognizable theme was end credits. All of its' original music was forgettable af

Source? I'm not surprised but I'd like to see confirmation.

You got to remember, WB thought by this time people would give a shit about Cyborg. Suffice to say he still has a long way to go. Admittedly DC comics is trying with his solo book, but it doesnt change the fact that Cyborg was prematurely dumped into the Justice League

dcucks get deluded because a couple retards praise it on Sup Forums

quite sad actually

>left: the director of Argo
>right: a guy who directed a certified rotten movie and cried when Trump got elected
That's a rigor mortis.

The Flash movie doesn't look like it's gonna happen either to be honest.

Even better, they can have another Batman and Robin and Marvel would suffer the most.

Unironically WE WUZ CAPES AND SHIT. Also comics synergy.

>Source
screencrush.com/cyborg-in-the-flash-movie/
The Cyborg movie was cancelled so that they would do a buddy movie with Flash. But then the last director pulled out, who apparently was the only person pushing for that to happen, so they're not doing that anymore so now there's no Cyborg mvoie

>dcucks
I can hear the mods coming. You better drop the company war act, kids.

nothing to do with how well DC might do financially. It has everything to do with the disappointment that accompanies poor storytelling of your favorite characters.

Shit, forgot the comment: it's not 1997 anymore. It might HELP Marvel now.

To be honest, Ben seems like the kind of guy to cry over Trump too, considering how liberal he is.

You better hope Live by Night doesn't bomb or this is going to look hilarious in retrospect

>Profit without acclaim
The DCEU in a nutshell.

Exactly. That's one more song than BvS and MoS.

Holy shit, there's nothing catchy, nothing to hum, nothing with fanfare.

Its fucking Superman! Batman! Wonder Woman! Play some fucking brass! Not that FWUUUUUUM shit.

Fuck Hans Zimmer.

Sure it does, "DC fan."

>leftt: a guy who directed a certified rotten movie and cried when Trump got elected
ftfy

I haven't been reading his book. Does he have any supporting cast or villains? Any stories or characters things to base a movie off of?

Hey don't knock the Fast and Furious franchise.

It's the most comic booky movie franchise out there in terms of convoluted continuity, and also fun as hell.

I'm pretty sure the "capekino" posters are mostly shitposting but I think some of them actually believe BvS was just too "deep" for most people.

Children who just like to look at pretty pictures are exactly who Synder movies are made for though so I guess it makes sense that it worked on them.

>ohhh look at that religous symbolism, I bet the plebs missed that, this movies great, I'm great because I get it

Weird, marvelfags say he's a fascist.

I'll keep drinking your tears meanwhile.

>convoluted continuity
What do you mean?

what war? there's only one side

I got around to watching BvS the other day. I'm a huge DC fan and thought it couldn't be all that bad, but it's actually exactly that bad.

It's like someone wrote a mediocre X-Men script before being informed that they were doing a DC movie and then they just switched out the names and threw some on the nose symbolism in there. And it's not even bad enough that you can laugh at it.

>be me
>be DC fan
>be genuinely love those characters and worlds
Nigga if that were true you would love this movie failing seriously no one hate the DCEU most than DC comics fans

Funny how things turn out.
>DC has a good comic lineup, good TV shows, and good cartoons like JLA and the upcoming Young Justice, plus Teen Titans Go being Cartoon Network's current golden baby. But slogged down by critical panned and lackluster cinematic universe despite getting them box office dosh.
>Marvel, on the other hand, has a great cinematic universe. But a crappy comic lineup, lackluster tv and crappy cartoons. Plus its CEO is literally the devil.

>32%
Heh. Still more than Before We Go.
>95%
Much, much more.

Anyway, thanks for proving you're just Sup Forums, not the DC fan you said you are.

FnF grew in acclaim once it reached No. 5.

If the DCEU keeps going, perhaps that might happen.

Nigga no one hates the DCEU more than DC fans have read the thread?

>capes should be stupid like me
Thank God for the MCU then.

>no one hate the DCEU most than DC comics fans
Trying harder, huh "DC fan"?

Flintstones is DC's best book. Harley is a top seller.

Think about that.

Marvel is shitty, but DC ain't doing much better.

>you said you are
who said that?

He's clearly waiting on Justice League.

At that point he puts his cards on the table and says he wants to save the dumpster fire/off with zacks head. Or he puts his cards face down on the table and burns every comic book related piece of matter he comes into contact with for the rest of his life.

This ain't no war, it's a slaughter

that would be JL so that's out of the question

And the day the cape movie fad goes away, Marvel will close down and DC will go on.

And you lost, as usual.

Flinstones isn't DC's best though.

No. 5 for the DCEU would be JL

I'm getting flashbacks of when word first got out that the movie was bad and fans went into full denial, pointing out that one test-screening had a standing ovation.

Remember the week right before BvS came out where people were shooping 97% RT scores for it and predicting $1.8 billion at the box office?

How does Marvel win so much?

>>no one hate the DCEU most than DC comics fans
>Trying harder, huh "DC fan"?

But is true when any DCEU movie in announced the DC fans are the first to pointed out how wrong is the movie and how they aren't going to see the shit show