I don't get it

I don't get it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VNOIhaCMtqw
slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/03/14/enemy_movie_ending_explained_the_meaning_of_the_jake_gyllenhaal_and_denis.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hes the enemy

Dude spiders lmao

that director is a fucking faggot.

the spider ate his gf

this

Sarah Gadon is dangerously pretty.

You need a bit of knowledge about visual art to understand it otherwise it just seems like a sci-fi/drama about MPD and big spiders.

She doesnt blink when shes looking at him.

Women are inherently evil.

He's afraid of marriage and fatherhood and wants to be a carefree coolguy again. You kinda have to be in that position yourself to get it.

Watch this, it will explain it.

youtube.com/watch?v=VNOIhaCMtqw

dude eraserhead lmao

he was dead the whole time

it is a kind of terrifying thought to consider yourself as a father

nah you can get the plot without knowing anything about that, only the ending might confuse you

It wasn't meant for you.

More like dude Lost Highway lmao.

Duuude, fuckin tell me about it. Wife wants kids and I'm like, "I'm not even a real adult".

not that guy but it has more in common with eraserhead than lost highway

the premise is literally Eraserhead

It's pretentious junk. Villenueve is an overrated hack, he'll be seen about as positively as JJ Abrams in 2 years.

JJ hasn't got a single kino under his belt, Villenueve has three

>muh pretentious
Stop talking

I didn't understand it, therefore I hated it.

It's a love letter to Mrs. Sauga

DUDE, DID YOU FUCK MY WIFE LMAO

Women are spiders.

Simultaneously mythologically scary but realistically fragile and unappreciatedly helpful.

Each of his identities reflect this interaction with women.
One of power where he erotically smashes them, and another submissive where he seeks to peacefully coexist.

Nobody does, it's easily Villeneuve's worst

fuck ay good analysis. i thought the spider was an alien or something. your view makes more sense.

Have you seen Maelstrom?

Roasties REEEE the movie

No but I was counting his post-Polytechnique works.

Toronto sucks the movie
t. Canada

More like Enema, amirite?

you have to had read an explanation on the internet to get it

explain

nice one

Someone should make a horror film with daddy long legs. They scare me.

this

such a qtie

was she really preggers?

Villenueve the HACK just stole a bunch of shit from David Lynch and put it into one movie

>Post your reaction when you saw the ending

Is it ONSONDEE or ONSONDEES, I'm shit at frogspeak.

I still can't work out the proper pronunciation of Miserables. Is the lsat 3 lettters just silent?

dunno on the first
Miserable is Miser-arb with a slight L sound at the end

lay misz

do you notice how the pattern on the shower glass looks like a web?

SPIDERS TOOK OVER THE WORLD!

I rhink onsondey perhaps?
Miz-er-areh-bley

I thought that's how you pronounced Miserables but all the awards shows I watched it was pronounced Mizz-er-arb.

oh you're right, that probably has something to do with pretentiousness though

from the little french I did, -able is arb and -ible is eeb

Two halves of same person were treated as if they were different people. It's a story about infidelity. The spider represents what a spider does in real life. Seedy, dark, vile.

Watch it again. Pay attention to Jake Gyllenhaal's words at the very beginning of the movie.

Earth has been taken over by alien spiders who can shapeshift, and people don't realize they live under a totalitarian regime.

That, or the universe fucking hates that guy.

Top 2 hottest actresses working today are Ana De Armas and Sarah Gadon.

brainlet

it's just about a fear of commitment

brainlet
spiders=women
fear of commintment and all that good stuff

Sure, that's one interpretation. But that doesn't really explain all the other spider imagery in the movie.

slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/03/14/enemy_movie_ending_explained_the_meaning_of_the_jake_gyllenhaal_and_denis.html
>its a parable about what its like to live under a totalitarian state without knowing it.

>Its an Invasion of the Body Snatchers movie in which you dont even realize its an Invasion of the Body Snatchers movie until the enduntil its too late for our hero. In this case, the body snatchers just happen to be giant spiders.

>When we meet our hero, Adam Bell, he is lecturing about the ways that totalitarian states keep the people down.

>We see low-angle shots lingering on the streetcar wires that make them look like spider webs

>Bell passes a graffitied image of a businessman giving a fascist Roman salute

>a terrible crash, and the camera slowly zooms in on a crack in the windshield that resembles a spider web

>Less subtle, of course, is the shot of the giant spider hovering over the city.? A version of this shot also appears on the poster, where, perhaps notably, the spider is superimposed over an image of Anthony.

>The central irony in all this is that even the main character, though he is an expert on the ways of totalitarian governments, doesnt see the web thats overtaken the city until hes already stuck in it.

too bad Villenueve has confirmed what the movie was about and that wasn't it

Authorial intent is meaningless.

>his channel's cover photo

spiders are fucking terrifying

But was he sighing at the end because he has to fuck the giant spider?

>tfw too brainlet to understand films at anything other than face value

>too pretentious to take anything at face value, everything must be a metaphor for something else, yes yes english teacher, the drapes represent his fear of commitment, whatever you say

Yes, she's a method actor

I have an irrational fear of spiders and cant bring myself to watch this movie even though I really want to. What do bros

watch it from behind your fingers as I may or may not have done.

there's four spiders in the entire movie

alternatively watch Eraserhead

Are the spiders real?

this guy got it

shut the thread now

Stop. None is believing you.

this.
Also, Enemy could be himself (he is his own enemy, he possibly fucked up his life to chase something he deeply hates) or the whole female gender.
I am sure Sup Forums will like the second interpretation.

>muh authoritarian state
weird interpretation draw from 1-2 scenes, while the whole fucking movie shows the women issues