/hor/ror General - The Official Sup Forums Horror Thread

Welcome to /hor/, a 24/7 general for the entire month of October.

Let's continue, and let's try to make this as kino as possible.

Question of the thread: What kind of horror film do you think desperately needs to be made now that we have the technology and money to make it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lRJ0bfoCSzI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>starting the thread with modern horror
one fucking job. It's not that complex. Alright who wants to start another one but do it properly?

The Wailing is great though you fucking pleb.

>let's try to make this as kino as possible
Pic unrelated, I hope.

It's good to toss in some actual good modern horror once in a while.

The Wailing is such a great movie! Loved it!

Agreed, The Wailing exceeded my expectations greatly

>being this much of a butthurt fag

Stop making generals you board killing faggots. This is the cancer that made Sup Forumsarta fall.

i have been considering watching The Wailing, but its like a solid 3 hours..

which is fine, if its worth it.

so.. is it?

>samefagging shill detected

>look at my shitpost guys XD

timetravel movie with a twist,the hounds of tindalos start to pursue the travellers afterwards

It's just a containment thread for October you fucking loser. Would you rather have 4 horror threads instead of one?

Samefag

No it really isn't. In fact, it's shit.

The Wailing is a bloated, tonally inconsistent mess even by Korean movie standards and the ending throws so many twists in quick succession that you need to watch some retard on Youtube explain what happened.

Yes you fucking spastic. If you had any knowledge about Sup Forums and weren't fresh off the fucking boat you'd know generals are pure board killing cancer. If you want a general literally go back tô reddit.

theres multiple in the catalog anyway

>shilling for a fucking korean movie
retard

Oh yes, worth it.

Nice try you butthurt retard.

American horror story is the best TV show ever.

Nope

>shilling for a fucking korean movie
Yeah obviously you fucking idiot unless you prove otherwise

>you need to watch some retard on Youtube explain what happened.

sounds like you're the retard friendo.

Nobody gives a shit what you think. Go cry about it on another chan.

Nice try you butthurt retard.

what the fuck man, totally wasted

>it took me 10 minutes to screenshot and respond back
I'm not falling for you samefagging tricks you shill.

>korean

yikes

Numbers confirm

Cool story redditor.
>generals are good u guize
Cancerous newfag cunt shows up where he isn't wanted and immediately tries to make it like his reddit home.

pretty decent movie

Who the fuck are you kidding? This general has been going on all month and this is not the first year. People can still create horror threads outside of this dumbfuck. Its just nice to have consistent place to actually discuss movies, something that literally does not exist here anymore

Ayyy

>Its just nice to have consistent place to actually discuss movies
And where would that be? 90% of these threads is people arguing and calling each other retards or shills.

Yes because I'm not sitting here in this thread waiting to respond to trolls. Which I hope you are because surely no one is this retarded

It's not even as good as Channel Zero which is better critically in it's first season alone than any of AHS seasons

ignore that guy. he's probably posting in a celebrity feet thread, 3 waifu threads, and a capeshit thread at the same time.

Yes because of retards like you. Why don't you discuss films instead? You ignored all my other points just to call yourself out.. you really are stupid. Plenty of recs and discussion happen in this general

>2 OK seasons following by endless shit
But Ill just admit I had a nightmare about this guy which can't be said for some of the best horror I've seen.

I thought it was. Inland Empire is a more worthy 3 hour ""horror"" though imo

>someone's a troll for obviously thinking some retard is samefagging.
Yeah sure because on Sup Forums it makes sense to see posts such as "Oh this show is so great!", followed by "yes I agree it's so good". That is the epitome of someone samefagging. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to point out bullshit. Let's also not think about how there are over 37 posts and only 15 posters, you asshurt faggot.

>2 OK seasons following by endless shit
I don't recall them having a single decent season. I mean Coven was okay but it wasn't even really horror related.

Tell me what happened without looking it up.

>Yes because of retards like you. Why don't you discuss films instead?
why dont you nigger? i made 2 posts in this fucking thread and youre already calling me a retard. nothing happens in this general. any fucking time i say something about a movie its filled with bitchy fags like you because i dont share your opinion on whatever fucking movie /hor/ decides to like that day.

youtube.com/watch?v=lRJ0bfoCSzI

Never laughed so much in my life as when this mongoloid got locked into the mirror room.

Followed by her getting hit by a god damn car, holy shit.

Yes in a thread about horror movies it does make sense. I was typing my reply, the second one, and didn't even see the first one. I felt the need to add my opinion because I saw that there was a mix of praise and criticism and I thought I'd try to tip the scale to recommend it, which is the purpose of this fucking thread
I have been already in this thread. I'm not calling you out for not liking a movie, I'm calling you out for derailing the thread by calling samefag and continuing to insist upon it even though it makes no fucking sense

>let me sub divide a board smaller and smaller until it becomes just like my home si- I mean easier to use

Wow what a shock a general has devolved into pointless bitching and e-drama.
is right general's are reddit incarnate. The first general on this board was fag/got/ and that was not only bitterly resisted but useless. Game of Thrones comes on and the catalog is full of it.

i didnt call anybody a samefag

Unless you're different than the samefag guy and are the anti general guy in which case my point is the same. derailing the thread with stupid shit
At this point its not even a division. A general like this is a refuge. It's sad that there needs to be a /film/ general just to discus movies on a movie board. The state of this place is awful

Point out any film discussion going on here.

>I have been already in this thread. I'm not calling you out for not liking a movie, I'm calling you out for derailing the thread by calling samefag and continuing to insist upon it even though it makes no fucking sense
So basically he was insisting he himself was NOT a samefag while assuming someone else was a samefag who wasn't even samefagging. Talk about a hypocrite.

you're shitting it up with your "muh reddit" comments. now stop it you fag.

>last thread was comfy as fuck with some good discussions and recommendations
>now everyone's arguing over dumb shit and being generally autistic
What happened?

>unironically defending reddit
cut up, not across

Can we just have a new general. This one is literally ruined.

Better late than never, lets get this thread back on track. No more replies to the derailers.

What do you guys think of Fulci? Zombi 2 I thought had the least flaws of his work. But The Beyond was much grander and more ambitious. On top of that I thought City of the Living Dead could have been his best film if it weren't for that unfortunate ending. Then Cat in the Brain was just fun

OP started a thread with his garbage modern horror Korean trash.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

No, but it did have one of the best pilots ever.

No don't try to salvage this shit. Just make a new one and let this thread fade.

>only one person could possibly not like an obviously bad movie

I think this is the fastest one of these threads has descended into autistic sperglords trying to prove they have superior taste.

>being this upset somebody posted a movie you dont like

posting a shit movie is not a problem. Starting an entire thread on the back of a shit movie is a waste.

Can I suck you dick bro your such a hero. No homo obviously.

To be fair, there are two unofficial rules you have to follow when making a horror general

1. You do not start a thread with a slasher film or autistic slasher rankings
2. You do not start a thread with a film newer than 1999. That is literally kid bait and the thread will suffer because it it.. as you can obviously see here.

why not? because you faggots cant stop yourselves from complaining? grow up.

>telling someone to grow up on Sup Forums
underage newfag b&

This thread suffered because moron decided someone threw a tantrum. You and others were free to post whatever the hell you want regardless of the film in the OP.
also
>implying there weren't plenty of shit horror movies made in the 90's and every other decade for that matter

Not really, it definitely didn't need to be 3 hours long. Especially for a horror movie that's a long time to go without messing up severely.
The movie goes from creepy impending ghost horror, to supernatural murder mystery, to prolonged and pointless slapstick zombie fight, then back to ghosts, then on to demons and other shit, and it just keeps jerking around with no consistency.

I'd recommend something like The Piper (2015) before The Wailing. I think people praising it don't watch a lot of Korean movies. It's basically 3 bad Kiyoshi Kurosawa movies stuck together.

There's one rule and it's make your general on reddit you redditspacing sperg.

Here

>This thread suffered because moron decided someone threw a tantrum
That's literlally both sides though. Don't be a hypocrite
> You and others were free to post whatever the hell you want regardless of the film in the OP.
Until the tards come in
>implying there weren't plenty of shit horror movies made in the 90's and every other decade for that
No one has even implied this.

Kiyoshi Kurosawa is fucking great. I love the way many of his horror films start with a small incident that by the end of the film grows into an apocalyptic catastrophe.

What the fuck is going on in this thread?

You people are sperging out over nothing. Discuss horror already. Damn.

I dont see this movie as horror like the vvitch. Fits more with a supernatural drama tag. It still a good movie though

Just finished A Nightmare on Elm Street 4.

I think I actually enjoyed it more than 3. It felt more consistent, with less lulls in kills. Plus it has Linnea Quigley showing her tits. Can't be a bad movie if it's got Linnea Quigley showing her tits.

>muh buzzwords
Stay on topic, kiddo.

>>implying there weren't plenty of shit horror movies made in the 90's and every other decade for that
>No one has even implied this.
So why does it matter what year the film in the OP is from?

NO SOMEBODY FUCKING POSTED A MOVIE I DONT LIKE AS THE OP

>slashers
>tits

You are the lowest kind of horror fan

They're all pretty shit. The first was okay but it really suffers from formulaic slasher storytelling that gets old quickly.

>Fits more with a supernatural drama tag
This is how I saw The Witch. It's a period piece family drama with spookiness happening in the background.

>unironically defending reddit
>unironically using the word kiddo
*deeply inhales*

Thank you.
That's what I was expecting after the second movie. I had to force myself to watch 3, but it was enjoyable -- and so was 4.

The series is 3/4 at the moment. Got a much better track record going than the Friday the 13th series which has like two decent films out of ten.

>I don't know how to read
It's kid bait. Kids who visit here don't watch older horror films so whenever you start a thread with something like a Babadook, or a Wailing will catch the eye of an underage edgelord with shit taste into the thread. It's common sense. Has nothing to do with the quality of the decade... Although the 00's was 10x worse in terms of horror films than the 90's were.

>worrying about your status as a "fan"
You're under 18, right? Don't lie.

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you really think that watching older horror movies is some kind of special achievement?

Fuck off kid.

No, you fuck off.

>Do you really think that watching older horror movies is some kind of special achievement?
What are these random ass assumptions you keep implying. No one is literally saying whatever it is you're accusing. It's not that difficult to comprehend.

CALL ME MR. SPERMINOV IT'S TIME TO GO GOT MY COCK IN MY HAND AND I'M ABOUT TO BLOW

I feel like I was like him at his age. When I was a teen and in my early 20s, everything I watched had to be either the best of the worst. Why would I want to admit to watching something I merely enjoyed?

I've enjoyed several slasher films, but the only one I'd actually call great is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Best horror movie I've watched this month so far has been Eraserhead. Incredible soundtrack and atmosphere.

Do you guys like vampire movies?

Way to ruin the thread OP.

Your criteria for what movie should be posted in the OP is baseless and retarded, is my point. You yourself are making assumptions about what kids are watching. Anyone can go online and watch whatever the fuck they want. Watching older horror films is normie and hipster level now days. Why don't you just watch or not watch whatever the fuck you want?