The /orville/ general

First Officer Edition

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14160464
youtube.com/watch?v=kznzRgS94vw
twitter.com/StarTrekNetflix/status/917091323357704192
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a good thing you created this thread. I was about to create a ....

That's A Brand New Leg! Edition.

There's always next time.

Not sure which Image I would have used tho.

Very true.

Could have been a cool moment , but it probably would have fallen on deaf ears. After all it's easier to start hating than it it to stop.

you know she wants that superior metallic dick on some level

BOLTED

strawpoll.me/14160464
strawpoll.me/14160464
strawpoll.me/14160464

strawpoll.me/14160464
strawpoll.me/14160464
strawpoll.me/14160464

okay. an orville general was somewhat funny when the show came out. It was a nice parody of the cancer that is /trek/ and humorously underlined how good show show was.
but we're past that now. now it's just a fucking useless general. and generals are ALWAYS bad. Do I even have to explain this?
Just obey these simple rules and Orville threads will be saved the shitty fate that befell GoT and Star Trek threads (once some of the best on /tv)
> ONLY POST A NEW THREAD IF YOU HAVE A FUNNY OBSERVATION, GOOD TROLL, OR NEW INFORMATION
> DON'T POST A THREAD 'BECAUSE THERE ISN'T ONE UP'. IF YOU WANT A PERMANENT FAN BOARD GO MAKE A FUCKING SUBREDDIT YOU RETARDS
> NO THREAD IS PREFERABLE TO JUST ANY THREAD
learn something you fucking garbage

I mean who wouldn't ?

>strawpoll.me/14160464
Lieutenant Underdeveloped Character is the black funny guy?

yes

> DON'T POST A THREAD 'BECAUSE THERE ISN'T ONE UP'.

> it doesn't need to be a general thread that always needs to exist

This guy again..
>STD shill trying to discourage the continuation of future Orville generals detected.
Meanwhile they keep pumping out a new /DIS/ /STD/ thread every few hours.
Thought you could get away with it didn't you you sneaky bastard.

we will relentlessly do what we relentlessly want

memes aside how is STD? I was thinking of giving it a try. the klingons being a placeholder for trump supporters sounds like terrible writing, but i guess i may still enjoy as mindless action sci-fi?

>no mega
Its like you guys dont want me to watch the show.

that's true.

i only wanted it said not because i wanted krill girl to have change of heart but because i wanted that krill girl to be btfo'd. as i stated in the prev thread, my wanting to btfo a fictional character is a sure sign that i've been spending too much time on Sup Forums.

TerrariumTV broseph

the subtext is there, and you know she's mad but confused and still wants that fleshy human dick, probably will make for nice human/krill conflict in the next episode. i wonder what interesting stuff will they find out on the space quran

>YOU WILL ALL DO THINGS THE WAY I WANT THEM TO BE DONE

kek you're such an adorable obsessive-compulsive autistic

STD is more concerned with giving us a new type of Trek show full of diversity, and woman of color than anything else. The stories, and actual Star Trek franchise are their second priority. They think they can make up for lazy writing by giving us a dark, and gritty show full of miserable, and unlikable actors / characters who hate each other.

And a single happy autistic girl that feels really out of place.

Thirty million times better than being HARVESTED I suppose.

i guess that's passable as long as it's just the cast choice and not hamfisted as plot points and diverse yas-queenery. but having read that they wrote the klingon as trump supporters i am not very optimistic about that...

are the women on STD at least written as women? or are they just basically dudes without dicks?

it's basically a relationship drama. it's not a sci-fi show in the same sense that the walking dead is not a zombie show anymore. in both (std and twd) the focus is on the characters' journey (mainly michael's trials and tribulations) and on the relationship drama between the characters (you-should-respect-me, i-don't-trust-you, etc). the episodes are mainly about a specific drama in the history of the klingons and the federation.

i would say it's a combination of reign (the intrigues and schemes between klingons and federation) and teengirl shows like devil wears prada where main girl character starts out at the bottom and is trying to climb up.

>i wanted krill girl to have change of heart
I kinda wanted this ending as well. She seemed like a sweat, and caring alien chick. If they could have at least reached her their might have been hope for peace, but her hate cuts deep. I guess that's what happens when you lose a brother during a holy war.

You can also watch it for free on the FOX website.

>a sure sign that i've been spending too much time on Sup Forums
I know this feel, user. You're not alone.

i suspect it's the krill kid who's going to have a change of heart and krill kid convinces some adults.

she'll probably be used on next episodes to try to force a bridge somehow between human and krill, this series while positive doesn't seem to like showing 100% victories and there's always some sense of loss, so i'd predict that they will be able to reach part of the Krill and have them make a change of heart, but the rest of the Krill will double down on the "deus vult" stuff and radicalize further.

the Krill girl will either serve as the one that builds the bridge or one of the more radical ones that keeps fighting

After a few months on earth she might finally have that change of heart. If we are lucky she might join the crew next season. Half the ship will be ok with her being around while the other half wont trust her.

>If we are lucky she might join the crew next season
that sounds like fun to have around on the ship, a religious, kind, innocent, ex-space crusader

>BLACK ALERT

The Orville for europeans, when? Amazon Prime isn't even avaibable for my country. I hate to watch shitty streams

i hope she is just autistic and has technical skills, but not magical or psychic.

i can't stand magical girls in space, like summer glau on firefly or similar. the only decent magical stuff in space i can remember were the telepaths in babylon 5 and the technomages also in b5

>the focus is on the characters' journey (mainly michael's trials and tribulations) and on the relationship drama between the characters (you-should-respect-me, i-don't-trust-you, etc). the episodes are mainly about a specific drama in the history of the klingons and the federation.
ok, that sounds terrible, i hate the walking dead style drama, i'll still give STD a try when i have some time, but my expectations are getting lower and lower

>not hamfisted as plot points and diverse yas-queenery

The STD producers wanted to turn the Klingons into a metaphor for Trump, and his supporters. At least that's what they've said in interview. Kinda blows when people get so butthurt over elections that they start injecting their rage into shows. So theres that.

The fact that they always have to defend that they are not SJW is fucking unnerving. Just make tv shows and ignore the manchilds crying about "muh zeitgeist". Talking about them just feeds these fuckers.

B5 did everything good.

for some reason i like more the Krill design than the Klingon one, it's probably cheaper but having the actor with the face partially visible makes for fun acting and expressions, while the klingons look kind of dead

>>Waz goin aun

youtube.com/watch?v=kznzRgS94vw

>hide everything with hair
>pretends its the same
sorry this show is just cringe and terrible in everyway

The new Klingon are insufferable.

space crusaders/ISIS > space trump supporters

I really hope we get to find out. It could be one heck of a fun ride if done correctly

>it's easier to start hating than it it to stop.

>characters who hate each other

i think that's intentional writing on their part. angsty relationship drama and infighting is a staple in chick shows and, based on the trailer and the cast featurette interviews, it's clear that they're aiming for the female viewers to watch this. another staple in chick shows is a female character who starts out at the bottom and throughout the show she will try to fight her way up. currently michael (the main girl character) is demoted and was imprisoned.

and i'm 100% certain she will have a love interest somewhere in the season and they will initially not like each other when they first meet. i'm not saying that sarcastically or as a joke. i'm 100% certain that will happen because that is another must-have in a chick show. someone please screencap this and post screencap when the episode with love interest airs.

i hate the face. they look more like human africans rather than aliens. real klingons also look more fierce. std orcs just look bland with flat nose.

i hate the costume. std orcs look like they're wearing a drag queen costume to be flamboyant. and it looks like they're primitive people wearing sticks strung together. real klingons look like warriors.

and std orcs do not speak klingon properly. it sounds like goofy trying to say klingon. during the speech trying to convince them that the federation is going to take away their individuality i totally expected him to go hyuk hyuk hyuk.

At this point they are just using old Ghostbuster 2016 tactics.
>Provoke, and troll half of your demographic.
>They get made, and get vocal about it.
>The next day 30 "news" articles pop up around the internet about how man babies need to grow up.
>Get free press.
>Nobody can criticize your questionable product anymore without being labeled a racist, Misogynist, or manbaby.
Just as planned

>improper use of acronyms holds back people of color
i seriously hope that tweet is shopped, otherwise i don't even

> i like more the Krill design than the Klingon one
They really did hit a home run with the Krills design. I'm also glad they fixed the Alara eyebrow issue.

It is

not

>abbreviating Discovery as "STD" is racist

Are you fucking kidding me?

i like to think she drew the eyebrows herself :3

wait.. this chicks name is unironically Sonequa?

Are they drawn on, or Hollywood fuzzy eyebrows?

Same same
On a side note, why is there so much STD discussion in the Orville general. I had to check to make sure I was in the right thread. I am. And that's fucking cool

looks like the eyebrows are her own, but as a character they may be drawn to look more human

Watching all of Star Trek in chronological order. Where should I place The Orville?

>Sonequa
I just binged and yes it is her name

>why is there so much STD discussion in the Orville general
we are the knockoff series so we feel like we have to justify ourselves

I can't decide which ones cutter.

TNG era

last or at the same time of before than STD

Sure thing, kiddo.
More like some user asked if STD was shit, and we just couldn't stop coming up with ways to express how cancerous the show truly is .

>write girl characters as girls
wew, why does such a concept feel even surprising on current year?

twitter.com/StarTrekNetflix/status/917091323357704192

Nigga I don't even like STD, but when you start lying to prove a point you're no different than they are

I'm getting mixed signals here

>looks like the eyebrows are her own
Looks that way, but I'm not 100% sure.

we all love star trek and are butthurt mad that std is stomping on trek in so many ways and giving us relationship drama (see ) instead of real trek sci-fi so when one user asks std question floodgates of emotion are opened.

personally, my anger is due to the fact std is one of many shows that are chick shows pretending to be sci-fi (like supergirl, the flash, arrow, hunger games, divergent) and there are now less and less real sci-fi shows being produced.

Honest opinion on STD?

Yeah, i can't imagine a Star Trek show with a diverse cast.

first user suggested tng era probably because orville is closest in feel to tng. i agree with second user because one of the fun things about orville is the references to trek canon (like klingon theme song as they enter moclan airspace, etc).

The show is decent, but the sets are all really plain also their ship feels more like a hotel than a spaceship.

It's really really mediocre as a generic sci-fi show, awful as a Star Trek show

That's not the point and you know it.

Every Trek or sci-fi show needs a cute. std has no cute.

it's comfy though

my opinion is not based on gender (i'm ok with janeway) or skin color (i'm ok with sisko).

and why i refuse to refer to std orcs as klingons

when did she say that? i don't remember that part

Agreed.

The Zoo episode. She had to pretend to be Issac's pet in order to be allowed to speak.

Is there a Chad religion vs the virgin secularist meme already. Seems perfect for it.

not exactly but there's this

Do you think we'd still have zoos if aminals could talk

also this one, tangentially related

>FEED ME FEED ME GIVE PUSSY GIVE PUSSY
back to the wilderness you go

There are many "zoos" currently all around the world where the animals can talk.

would you?

there where human zoos not to land ago

long*

Show me

Failed TV Wonder Woman
Cheating slut of a wife
Decent First Officer

she has sexy fish lips and face
i want to inseminate her right now

Wouldn't you?