Hiya user! Do you like the comics I bought? Pretty geeky huh, teehee!

>Hiya user! Do you like the comics I bought? Pretty geeky huh, teehee!

I only read capeshit. I assume that this is trash and overrated. Now if you excuse me I need to praise Bendis.

>choosing Lost at Sea over Seconds

You're nothing but a Sup Forumssual, hunny!

Not even diehard capeshit fans praise Bendis anymore. It's all about that Lemire now, baby

Let her read whatever she wants, jesus christ stop being so judgy

Pls be my gf.

>Sup Forums

:3

Yeah dude, those suck. Cape movies are where it's at.

>Not realizing that reading big two cape comics about characters you saw at the theater is the most casual way to be a comic "geek".

>dude
user, no

>not liking feminine penis

I'm pretty sure there's more girls in Sup Forums right now than there's ever been girls in comic shops (in the US)

Saga is pretty shit but she's on a good path.

8/10 would kinoodle and introduce to the next echelon of the medium with

Here you go guys. You'll need these.

>Juel

wut

I am going to bang you.

>not Superman
lol

Get that trash out of my face.

Both are pretty good. Little overrated, and I don't think Lost at Sea is O'Malley's best work, but still, pretty good.

At least it isn't Big 2 capeshit.

Guaranteed that only an inferior female could dislike the masterpiece that is Batman v. Superman. Plus, since girls are also inherently casuals, they would not have been able to understand it in the first place.

stop this false flagging bullshit jesus christ

idk my girlfriend reads lots of comics, she read the entirety of Sandman, Halo Jones, Moore's Swamp Thing, etc.

I don't even know what side I'm on anymore honestly.

Saga is pretty shit though, but I know a lot of people that like it. I liked it myself at first, until I saw that it was going no where, was incredibly vapid and was decompressed to shit. My girlfriend liked it too, until she realized the exact same thing. My aunt reads Saga though, she loves it. So you know, different strokes, whatever.

Its okay user, you can put down the keyboard and stop the shit posting. War never changes, but men can.

>It's possible that I need an intervention. This is only from two visits to the comic book store.
isn't she just qt

Yeah she needs intervention ASAP. Geez such bad taste.

Can't even be mad at those pickups it's not like she's posting big2 shit

I personally like Saga but it suffers from a big problem that lots of media does. When you start killing lots of characters it becomes hard to become attached to anyone since you know that anyone who gets introduced is just there to get killed off. I think this might be why a lot of people like it at first and then fall off of it.

Fuck yes, Halo Jones!

Pretty good taste tho.

Is that the girl from Dark Matter?

yo bitch how the fuck you get in my bedroom

It's actually alright. It's a nice starter pack if anything.

>all of that added up isn't even the price of an omni
shit

I love /r9k/ threads!

Sandman and Swamp Thing are pretty casual, but that Ballad piques my interest. Give her my number if things ever don't work out between you two.

>look at my adventure time tshirt user! and I'm wearing it over a plaid shirt! Isn't that so nerdy?!

Don't worry, men can still be good.

>over
Delete this thread and try again.

I have that exact plaid shirt.
Are you stealing my shirts? Stop that.

id say Sandman can be casual, depending on who reads it, but there is a lot of depth and deep pulls from the DC universe in it. And Swamp Thing is popular sure, but I wouldn't call it casual. Its definitely one of the first "british invasion" books people read, and there are casuals that read it, but the work itself is not casual.

All of that added up isn't even the quality of a DC Rebirth floppy.

Sabrina and Archie are good

>not letting a short curvy girl wear your clothes
fag

I fell off before anyone got killed, it was right after the forest of spaceships, right as the bounty hunter was being introduced to the prostitutes. I couldnt handle the decompression and I realized that all of the "alienness" of it was empty and just there for cool points.

is this false-flagging? stop that

>you can put down the keyboard and stop the shit posting. War never changes, but men can.

I know one girl bartender who read and actually buying comics. She gave FUCKING FEAR ITSELF to my friend. Also she prefer marvel over dc. Fuck her. Well, I did

She's a cute. I want to jokingly call her taste shit for reading baby's first indie books so that she can lovingly berate me for reading capes. Then we kiss.

How girls take a picture vs how boys take a picture. Jpg

Stupid sexy Ray.

>couldnt handle the decompression

Okay can you tell me what you mean by decompression. I'm not familiar with the way you're using it.

Why do the people in here that want gf's not accept that some girl likes comics and if anything recommend more comics she may like based on her tastes?

Am I supposed to know who this is, or is OP just stalking some rando's instagram?

Actress on a sci-fi show.

Ya know

maybe I'm just autistic but I've stopped caring about judging what "normies" like or don't; as long as they aren't spouting baseless opinions about what I like I don't really care if they end up reading literal garbage.

The girls on Sup Forums are only interested in the drawthreads and cartoon discussion

>Afterlife with Archie
Even now there is still hope for her.

Because I'm not just recommending comics, I'm also recommending piracy. And recommending two things at the same time is hard.

>You like Saga? Here, try Starstruck, by Elaine Lee. No, don't go buy it. Pirate it. Just go on your favorite torrent site, click on a magnet link and-- okay, jeez, I'll start from the beginning. Yes, I'm serious. Trust me, you want the classic original colors, not the lame new recolor. Yes, I'm a color snob, is there something wrong with that?

Not sure if Batgirlish still posts here but she was really into comics both mainstream and small press stuff

She's not actually in your bedroom, it's just a photo of her, and she's not really talking to you, it's just some words written by an user over the internet

>not getting both plus scott pilgrim to support Bryan Lee O'Malley

Although I must concur, you should've gotten Seconds as well, it's fantastic.

I discussed comics with one 8/10 girl on facebook. She wanted to meet, but I find out that she disliked Blackest Night and I ignored her after that heresy.

Blackest Night was bad, though

better taste than most of Sup Forums, honestly, don't see a problem with this

>best event after Sinestro War
>bad
Don't you dare

>muh events
Casual please leave.

dark matter is good, she and the captain should have been ejected out the airlock first season

> Girls and corpses
This is an IRL magazine.

>le all events are bad meme

at least they're not shitty capecomics

>Wearing a choker
While I find chokers appealing, wearing one automatically makes her a whore What a predicament!

>le "based cereal king epic rainbow laser punch man can do no wrong" meme
Please, casual, it's time for you to leave. This thread is for people with a serious interest in comics.

>implying Sinestro Corps War wasn't fucking great
>implying there are no good events at all
And you hate events because?...

Learn to lock your doors Sam Hyde

WHO CARES?
H
O
C
A
R
E
S
?

Just read whatever you want, don't judge others and don't be pretentious.

>tee-hee don't you just love guy peellaert's colorful pop art aesthetic and eroticism user? do you also pick up those crepax books I talked about? i'm such a nerd XD

Many reasons. There is no freedom in events. A writer cannot decline an event. An event is forced upon the writers, and every single writer must either obey or leave the publisher. The ideas behind events are not creative ideas because they do not come from creators. At best they come from editors, but just as often they come from marketers and accountants and executives. The execution on those ideas are lacking because the creators resent the event being forced upon them, and so the creators provide the bare minimum of their efforts. Events take existing storylines and derail them, events take beloved characters and destroy them. Events take readers near the edge and burn those readers out, causing those readers enough anger and exhaustion so as to make them give up the medium altogether. Events exist not out of any desire to create something worthwhile, but only out of a desire to create something profitable. Events aren't created with gentle care, but pumped out as if on a factory assembly line. And even then the delays and confusion and broken promises cause trouble for retailers, often leading to customer loss which in turn eventually leads to retailer closure. Evens are a cancer upon the industry.

Only casuals worship events.

So worship Sinestro Corps War all you want, but back to the original point: Blackest Night is shit.

A girl comes up to you asking if they could borrow your comics since they are curious about the medium.
How do you reply Sup Forums?
Alternative scenario: A dude or relative comes up to you asking if you have any Walking Dead.

Both the boy and the girl receive the standard sampler.

Well, I'm not buying comics anyway, so most of your arguments are pretty invalid for me. And what with this creators are "forced" meme? Most authors push whatever idea they want inside of events. Rucka pushed BM/WW during BN just for fun.
Blackest Night has tons of great moments, decent dialogs and mostly good art. Also it was good conclusion to Johns long GL run which lead to another great run.

>Well, I'm not buying comics anyway
Casual, please leave.

Well I thought Lost at Sea was just swell.

Floppies? Fuck no, I barely trust myself with those fragile fucking things.

Trades? If I know the person, sure.

>y-you need to buy it to be r-real fan!
I'm pretty sure I've read more good comics than you, mate.

stop pretending that girls talk to you

Of course you have. With Blackest Night considered "good", your standards must be so low that every comic meets them.

I don't loan my shit out anymore.

For the former I say sure and ask what they're interested in. If I don't have something that fits I lie and say there's something I was thinking about ordering if they don't mind waiting until it gets delivered and I read it first, then I'll look up something good enough that I'd want to own it.
In the second case dude is fucked because I'm not into TWD.

So is the joke that Saga is a shitty comic or only girls like? I'm neither a girl nor have I read it

It's about the action that they take and the justification that they provide for taking that action.

The patrons make the girl uncomfortable enough to leave because "girls don't like comics", but the reason that girls don't like comics is that the patrons always make girls uncomfortable enough to leave.

You shouldn't need to have this explained to you.

I knew you'd write something like that. Well, you don't have any proofs why Blackest Night is shit, while I have proofs why it's good. Don't shame yourself.

>You shouldn't need to have this explained to you.

He browses Sup Forums, of course he needs simple things explained to him.

been thinkin that same thing, user. he is on so many books.

Black Hammer has been cool, I've only been following his Old Man Logan and Moon Knight other than that

I guess you see Bunn a lot, but I've never gotten too into his work....

Pretty much this. There's enough out there for everyone.

>hasn't read DC Rebirth
No, you are the false flaggers.

I have, stop being a faggot about it

This. Even if these are her first two comics she probably already has better taste than OP.

You talked to him though. That's got to count for something.