Regular Show is wounded.......mortally

When did you stop watching and why?

they couldn't even get the starting year right

I stopped watching whenever they had Odd Future on the show, because I knew it was pandering to stoner/hipster trash all along but that confirmed it

When it first premiered in 2010. Couldn't stand the art direction or the obnoxious characters, and it seemed like every CN show aftrewards tried to copy the same style. Can't wait for this shit to get cancelled.

I stopped when they added all the girlfriend bullshit! that shit is such a turn-off!

I just wanted MordecaiXBenson to be canon

Fucking same!

>When did you stop watching and why?
When that stupid romance shit started and Mordecai became Betacai. It ended, thankfully, but not soon enough and that whole arc/chapter of Regular Show just left a sour taste in my mouth.

It just stopped being about two good friends having odd things happen to them in otherwise mundane situations, to bullshit romance drama for the sake of having romance drama.

>It just stopped being about two good friends having odd things happen to them in otherwise mundane situations, to bullshit romance drama for the sake of having romance drama.
it stopped that.. to have retarded "final battle" bullshit in space

Yeah. Poor choice of pic though.

When they added the romance bullshit

Right around the time Mordecai and... Red Bird Girl... were a couple. Like, that mini-arc. It stopped being interesting, but it wasn't necessarily because of that, it's just the time I remember.

How is that arc going? I haven't been motivated enough to watch the show in quite a while.

Not good

In what way? Poor writing or just plot points that are easy to follow?

I never did.

Both

Never. Because I'm not a petty pansy.

I stopped there, but later continued watching and it was pretty good after that.

When I decided cable television was a waste of money

Stopped watching regularly in season 4, but I still managed to catch the major episodes. Then in season 5, CJ came back and they actually seemed to be repeating his saga with Margaret but doing it right this time.

Then the wedding happened and that all went straight down the crapper. I dropped it flat and it was dead to me. And I was right to do it, because then they did all this dome crap, which I've been told is another big bucket of nothing, now being repeated in this big space saga, that has the appearance of being epic, but is just more of the same blather.

Since then I've seen my share of random episodes with Rigby trying to better himself. And those are sweet, but overall the show has lost its appeal, seems like a shell of all the ideas that got people interested. It's right to end and probably should have a season or two earlier.

The season starter where the Giant Bearded Head or whatever dude's son tries to open a highway to Hell to get his dad back and get revenge on Mordecai and Rigby because the goat boy was absolutely shit of a character and I didn't want him to become a part of the regular cast so I opted to ignore the rest of the series and say that it just ended there.

But I still watched the Neon Genesis Evangelion episode.

The episodes were too formulatic for me to remain interested. The whole regular situation becomes a lives at stake story got pretty old fast. Too predictable. Lost interest around where Mordecai goes to Margaret's college to drop off a sweater, I don't remember why, but I remember being displeased after watching that episode.

Two reasons;

-Margaret
-Reruns

When the relationship drama shit started. I watched the first four episodes of season 7 recently though and I think it's close to the old seasons in quality.

>not being wounded....Mordecailly

Space

Same. It was pretty enjoyable until then.

I never really did. I really tried to enjoy it early on and being a 90s kid you'd think it would appeal to me but I just felt the thing to be far too lazy and formulaic and done to death. I grew up on shows like this why would I be into it after this much time later? Especially with zero plot.

I think it was around season 4 or 5 where I started to lose interest. I still watched it, but didn't really stay caught up and only watched here and there. Watched some of season 6 and pretty much thought it was shit. Just recently started season 7 and while I think it's a lot better than 6, I still prefer the earlier seasons like 1 through 3 by far.

Where do you go to to watch the rest?
Cable TV isn't worth investing in just for this.

Is best girl even a factor in the last season?

I was ok with the relationship stuff, right up until Muscleman's wedding. They had already spent several episodes dealing with Mordecai's feelings for Red Mordecai, and his ongoing relationship with CJ, and it was starting to wear on my patience, but I was under the impression that it had all been dealt with at that point.

And then they just flipped the table and made everything I'd been watching feel like a giant waste of time.

And it felt very unnatural and out of character. It was like the plot brain controlled Mordecai to create artificial, unnecessary drama. I've never had my interest in something just drain out of me so quickly. The credits rolled and I realized I had no more interest in watching this sub-soap opera drama anymore.

It's too bad, because I actually liked CJ, and was OK with her being part of the cast.

I feel like a lot of other people gave up on the show right then too.

I omly watched the first season and stopped because it was so predictable. It was 2010, so I mainly watched the show to see how far they pushed the PG rating. Was pretty surprised when I started hearing about how the show turned out so differently for the other seasons, I was not expecting romance bullshit.

He... never became part of the regular cast. Even the writers knew they couldn't do anything with him.

Yes. Main cast lineup

I heard that none of the girls went into spaaaaace when the park did though.

I am unfortunately still watching it but I haven't given a shit about it since the dome stuff started and I have actively disliked it since IN SPACE became a thing.

I didn't have a problem with the relationship stuff for the most part, because I felt like it tied in well with the 80s nostalgia vibe the show was going for. Girls are an important part of the whole endless Summer theme. (That doesn't mean they didn't run it into the ground.)

But Quintel clearly wants to make some totally epic space show instead which is why he's shoehorning that garbage into RS and inevitably leaving us without any closure at all in favour of some dumb as shit final battle.

Frankly the final season needed to be a culmination of all of the elements that made up the series, good and bad. It should have had fun with nostalgia, dumb bro antics, and ridiculous monsters/quests, and ended with a touching Don't You Forget About Me moment after tying up some of the loose ends.

Locals I know are saying all kinds of dumb shit like Pops being relevant and training for 'Cell Games' on top of other bullshit, to the point where I can't tell what's troll and what's not anymore. How to get myself caught up on my own time?

I love you, user.