Mindhunter

I just finished watching it, and it was total shit.

Fincher produced it, and shot half the time and episodes. What happened to him?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rq13Ph4sbaU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i liked it

Is the EAR/Original Night Stalker on it?

no, how should he, he was never caught and the show revolves around two fbi agents interviewing serial killers in prison to understand their way of thinking,

It's good, you're just an idiot.

It was good imo.
Nothing special, but solid.
Could have been deeper, both mentally and emotionally but I still dig it.

I like that clean, slow burning, semi depressing Fincher-esque setting of the show. Reminded me of Zodiac, minus the thrill.

I heard they were moving onto catching the BTK or something. Meh, it'd be fun for the ONS to at least get a mention, he's probably the most interesting serial killer out there.

I just finished it too. So Zodiac's worth watching?

>durr it netflix must be gud

more like
>durr it fincher must be gud

at episode 3 now, will there ever be any tension or does it continue like this?

Yet you watched all ten hours.

I just finished reading OP, and it was total shit

I'm getting so tired with the fucking Netflix Soapbox moments.
>"There seems to be a connection between the serial killers and cross dressing."
>"What does that hurt your mascoline hetreo-normative societal needs...." blah blah blah I honestly just toned her out two seconds into it.
Like it didn't add anything to the plot so why was that added to the show? I feel like the lesbian was added or at least made more prevalent to fit Netflix's political needs.

boring to meh. I was playing Fallout: New Vegas while watching it so I don't know if that added to how exciting I think the show is.

Kemper scenes were good, rest was absolute drivel, Masters of Sex level "teach me senpai" type of scriptwriting. Characters talk like robots, drone on and on about base concepts paraphrased from Wikipedia and live in sterile backdrop environments. It's how millenials think the world looked before Internet.

Also

>those are not black panthers, they're engineering students
>protag enters, fit to be a square almost starts playing
>magic pixie dyke-yet-fucks male girl
>dog day afternoon used for transexual propaganda purposes
>college professor expresses disdain against government and claims it's always minorities that get shafted

all in ep1.

If someone were to post an image where you see the brainstorming session in the scriptwriter's lounge you'd get an answer to your question.

>That moment when Kemper seems more normal than the scriptwriting team planting cultural marxist propaganda in their cardboard characters

>>dog day afternoon used for transexual propaganda purposes
>>college professor expresses disdain against government and claims it's always minorities that get shafted

lol wtf. the movie came out in the 70s during the time the show takes place and is relevant to what the character teaches. and sjw's are not a new phenomenon you fucking retard.

Isn't it weird that when the show has a character it can't use as mouthpiece that it excels? When will Netflix learn?

>cultural marxist propaganda
no one in hollywood is a fucking marxist, you retarded chimpanzee.

what a dick

It's more of a note to how consistent it is you fucking twit than just the reference here and there. That's why he listed more than just two things and stated that it was all in the same episode. You're the type of retard that needs the consistent propaganda being feed to them so that you don't forget how to think.

based retard

Most definitely.
Not Fincher's best work but if you liked Mindhunter, you'll definitely like Zodiac. Good story, good acting and amazing soundtrack. Solid psychological thriller. Very underrated film.

I think that applies to Wendy, Main character and his girlfriend.
"His name was Robert Paulson" was pretty decent.

Typical marxist revisionism. Hermaphroditism is something completely else. And even back in the 80s there were no transsexuals, no one claimed drag queens were female. Can't wait till that Freddie Mercury movie comes out so we can find out he was a woman.

>Using a tv show about serial killers to promote transsexual agenda

This is hilarious, Kemper really is the only sane character there.

>being this uneducated

Are you confusing transgenderism with crossdressing kiddo?

It was good though

I dont care about the rest of it, but god damn the Kemper scenes were great.

Episode 4 so far. For the moment it's just been a bunch of dudes looking at pictures and talking about feelings.

> So Zodiac's worth watching?
jesus christ

the main autist looks too much like Macron

the goodest goy

I didnt read this thread because it might have spoilers.
can you fags wait a few days to talk about this?

Literally all of this but i'd say its a bit better than good

There's a point in the series when ford is on campus and shits on liberals for thinking they are smart when they aren't too but you left that out huh

This.

No one is Jewish in Hollywood, either.

>it's okay not to hire a black person because the killers are racists
>it's not okay to say the word cunt because it hurts my feeling, so I told on you
What did she mean by this?

t. degenerate footfag

Dunno man, I was fast forwarding to Kemper segments because the guy could act.

So, Sup Forums, why did he take out 8 ripe cunts out of this world?

I realized this after the first couple of episodes. I would kind of tune out the rest of the episode and wait for Kemper to come back.

He got the inexaurable false authority of someone suffering from asperger's syndrome down to the note.

*inexorable

The one girl who's the le edge counter culture becomes a wannabe traditional waifu, then her roastie ways resurface. Realistic, desu.

As the series progresses, any SJW disappears. This is about a man's word where few females cut it, pun-wise and work wise. This is a series about work, real leg work, real paper work. It's in the title. It's not an alley footchase fag show. It's not a dream sequence Lynchian fag show.

Ford is a great character. He's traditional. He understands where degeneracy is leading Amerca, but not exactly how the serial killer is the harbinger. His older partner Bill is my fav character this year, series or movie, except for Cruise's Barry Seale in American Made. He's not cliche old school. But his years inform his work.

The lesbian may not even be one imo. She prob was a lez to fit in.

Also: BEST ENDING Fincher has ever done.

He deserves all the awards. Fuck Hannibal Lecter, Kemper is our /king/

>You will never shoot the shit with Big Ed Kemper
>You will never say "happy birthday big man" and give him a box with typewriter in it
>You will never talk about your gf and chuckle when he asks "does she give a good head?"
>You will never learn the metaphysics of anus suction
>Big Ed will never give you pointers on human anatomy

Stop fucking with our head!!

Just watch Memories of Murder instead.

I don't see why Fincher wants to turn his movies into pop culture essays. I want to feel the atmosphere, not have characters interview themselves when not interviewing people. It's the worst type of narrative you can do.

There's a difference between a series being cultural Marxism and a 70s set series referencing the era's encroachment of Marxism.

The academic woman is projecting Marxism onto males due to her own sexual inadequacy, and lack of children. The female grad student is doing speed and admits her studies are worthless, as she becomes a slut and will prob die young, and childless.

The heart if this show is that Bad Moms and Absent Dads are creating a diseased hivemind of impotent American males. Spoiler: women are the entire problem. Fincher directed Gone Girl for chrissakes, a rebuke of the #MeToo princess veneer we are heckled with daily now.

And Dog Day Afternoon is watched by two people in their 20s, and that's when people think it's a good movie. It's not like Ford becomes a cross dresser in the finale lol.

>confusing the character's views with the writer's views
just because the character says something doesn't mean the writer believes it.

Come on man, the entire dialogue in the final episode is nonsensically comical. It literally starts with a trigger warning to a fucking detective and then some sexual talk that has other cops act as if someone is prodding them with a buttplug. It's nothing else than extreme puritanism of the twitter generation and moral hysteria inaccurately transponed into another era. Plus even today detectives deal with worse shit with nary a twitch.

Compare this to Vick Mackey's "suck on her titties a little" speech. The way Fincher prepares this scene you'd think they'd be performing some superhuman feat when all they do is try to coax a pervert. American culture is a poisoned well. People who work in it don't understand anything past their pamphlets.

OP back here

I guess you are all missing the point, I am mostly wondering right now how FINCHER of all people could have shot shit like this?

And it's not like I am a great fun of Fincer, but it feels like every movie (+House of Cards) he's shot since at least Zodiac was at least really decent.

And this TV series is a mess at best, and is shit at worst

Zodiac is a far superior film to Memories of Murder in every way. The latter was boring and forgettable.

Nah it's ok. It's bad relative to what Fincher usually makes, but average when compared to the garbage Netflix usually pumps out.

As for the Bittaker/Norris tapes, they've never been released to the public, but you can hear a little bit of it play in the background here, filmed by NBC outside the court room during the trial of Bittaker:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rq13Ph4sbaU

>not realizing that that scene was posing her as a hypocrite by having her take an analysis as a personal attack

are you saying the way it is shot is shit or the writing? didn't notice anything wrong with the way the show is directed, shot or edited but there were some moments were the writing was kind of meh. I guess you could argue how he allowed the acting but the way he usually shoots makes me think that the way the performances come of was fully intentional. Ford seems out of place in episode 1 but the rest of the series I liked him.

I find this with much of Fincher, in that he will elevate the material to a certain degree, but sometimes the material itself (source material or script) isn't that great to start with. I think it is important to keep in mind that he doesn't write his films and so he is reliant on the ability of the screenwriter to an extent. Sure he always has a large input on the script, as seen in the behind the scenes of Social Network, but I don't think enough to drastically change the characters, dialogue, and overall plot. Like House of Cards I don't think he is the "show runner".

DISAPPOINTING for sure....
I thought i was going to watch something of a similar caliber as ZODIAC (also from Fincher) but it's not the case.

It isn't horrible. It's "passable". Not mediocre but still average.

You can dislike Mindhunter but it's a formidable challenge to classify it as garbage. The series is a corrective to network procedurals, and even Fincher's own work.

People understandably want and expect Se7en, or another Zodiac about a pop culture iconic killer. This is a series built on restraint, to a contrarian degree that surprised me. The opening credits are a telling juxtaposition between the fetishism of precise laborous FBI documentation and the nightmarish photo flashes of dead victims, and even those "flashes" aren't as macabre and graphic as you'd expect from a Fincher production.

This series is a big FU to the "show don't tell" rule if filmmaking. The killings aren't shown, the aftermath is waded through. The killers' pasts are waded through. The killers then float in purgatory in prisons, until these agents decide to perform autopsies on their psychology.

The complaints about Cultural Marxism are misfires. There is a clear appreciation for the ascetic concentration this FBI work requires. This is what people find boring. People want wildly damaged characters, freaky sex and drug addictions. These agents are the antithesis of that. I liked the cat food scenes. Few series, I can't name one, deal with the monotony of professional life. That's why the final embrace is so good.

80% of this series is people sitting down as America is transformed by the dark forces some accuse the series of endorsing. It's Fincher's most mature work. Dull? Realistic? Both.

I hope you get BTK'd you fucking pleb!