I heard tell that Bart always wore a blue shirt on official Simpsons merch to stop Chinese bootleggers...

I heard tell that Bart always wore a blue shirt on official Simpsons merch to stop Chinese bootleggers. But I don't get how that was supposed to work.

the color blue is banned in china

It was mostly a deception thing. Fox were gambling that bootleggers wouldn't know that official merch was required to give him a blue shirt, thus if you saw any thing where he has an orange shirt, you'd know it was fake.

is that a smog joke

Dang, I thought blue-shirt Bart was just some weird thing limited to the comics

Not like it stopped them.

Simpsons merch was everywhere in the early 90s.

>if we purposely make our official merch off-model this will make it easy to spot inferior bootlegs because they'll...look closer to the show...

Executives, everyone. This is why they make the big bucks.

To quote Dilbert, "The dumbest people in a company are always put in the place where they can do the least damage--management."

Wait a minute, why is she naked?

It's illegal to build sand castles in China.

But wouldn't that practically force people to buy bootleg toys when they want toys with Barts actual design? In other words, sounds like that'd be playing fight into the bootleggers hands.

Because the doll in that pic is missing stuff.

>doll was made with detachable clothes

Actually these days Dilbert is more like 'us poor managers have to deal with all of these incompetent boobs underneath us'

And...?

Is this a forced meme? Cause I'm looking at the last batch of comics and it doesn't seem to be the case.

There was also Green-shirt Bart and Purple-Shirt Bart from the early games.

Asian people can't see the colour blue.

>Simpsons fans bemoan the fate of the show as a neverending vessel foe money
>Continue to buy merchandise in droves despite the fact

Really gets my noggin a-joggin'.

Who the fuck still buys Simpsons merch in this day and age?

Lisa dakimakuras when?

Most of it is just based on nostalgia for Seasons 1-9 though.

The Simpsons had cast-off figures before anime

Opinions on the more recen black-shirt bart?