youtube.com/watch?v=0jUIvRXWDl0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OK you literal autist
next time try not to sound like a literal autist when making a thread

-ftier

>laser cannons
>have to be operated by men
>eject shells

This, also why would you place them on the sides of your ship.
You could be outmanouvred fucking easily.

>recoil

>laser
>looks like plasma
>looks obviously nothing like a laser

>laser cannons
Confirmed retard.

>Video game graphics
>Video game story
>No stakes and no tension, just cannons vs cannons and nameless clones vs nameless clowns

>look at pretty lights Sup Forums

>an enemy fleet in orbit above coruscant isn't stakes

>No stakes and no tension, just cannons vs cannons and nameless clones vs nameless clowns.

There is only something at shake when it's a group of diverse rebels led by brave women vs the white supremacist Empire?

Uh no sweetie, that's a TURBO laser. :^)

>literally looks like a naval battle but in space

We didn't deserve George.

nice computer animators did a lot of work there

>n enemy fleet in orbit above coruscant isn't stakes
Name one person in Coruscant I should care about and why. Hint: Qui Gon died two movies ago
Explain who the enemy is (not Palpatine, the enemy at that skirmish), what their endgame is, and why should I be invested
Nice strawman. There are stakes when I know who the good guys are, who the bad guys are, the motives of each and the motives should make sense
Like ESB and ANH, or TFA.

Why didn't he make a movie set in the age of sail if he really wanted this shit?

Yoda

>can't tell who the Seperatists are after three movies
oh no, he's retarded!

I havent seen a single star wars movie because im not a turbopleb

If you haven't seen them how do you know they are for plebs?

yo what ps2 game is this

>he thinks space exploring wouldn't be similar to sailing

It's so dense

>Why didn't he make a movie set in the age of sail if he really wanted this shit?

Wtf do you think Star Wars is?

jedi = fighting monks, in Space!
lightsabers = sword fighting, in Space!
starfighters = fighter planes, in Space!

Ahh, The Last Star Wars. Before the dark times... before the Disney!

Astronaut literally means star sailor.

am i a pleb for liking the prequel war scenes, even though they are a cartoony mess?

Homeworld was nice

did you notice in the movies how coruscant wasn't affected at all by the war? i think we're lead to believe it was being affected by no signs point to that matter

>hurr i want space battles that are just spaceships launching missiles at each other from millions of miles away

no. they are a step up compared to the old ones. ST had shit battles thou

>le meme games
fuck off Sup Forums

I really like the music in this scene

Doesn't matter. Opinions about movies are as recreational as movies themselves. Why not flip-flop for convenience?

Why would the clones destroy grevious ship when they know that Palpatine is inside?

There was a 3D film with a theatrical release after RotS.

even that scene is ruined
look at how the empty shells plop out in a funny way
and how the cannon makes a backflip when hit

Nah. Plebs hate on the prequels.

You can say what you want, but the prequels at least told a original story, unlike the new one.

>original story
>space jesus

I actually really like the overall story in the prequels. All they had to do was write bearable dialogue, fix the shitty cgi, remove jar jar and they would be great movies instead of kind of shitty but fun movies

I don't remember the part on the bible where Jesus turns against God and murders his children

here is your space jesus

p

Someone didn't read the Gospel of Thomas.
In which Jesus at age one curses another kid who withers into a corpse on the spot, and then later kills another kid by crushing him for bumping into him.

Wow. The Clone Wars tv show really stepped up their budget eh?

This literally applies to the phantom menace as well.

if the clone wars actually looked like that I would actually have seen it.

what the fuck were they thinking when they decided to make a fucking tv show with shit budget instead of more movies

Aww shit, now I remember that Gearbox made a fucking balls of the original Homeworld gameplay in their 'remaster' by just lazily porting it to the sequal's engine.

They kept a skeleton crew hacking away at their remaster for like a year and it still has nothing of the sophisticated mechanics of the original.

Holy shit, so much this.
How can anyone defend the TFA is beyond me.

go ahead and edit it, we will wait right here

>An uncharacterized enemy
>That is represented by literal autonomous robots
>Versus uncharacterized "clones"
>That have no real life span or personality
>Over a barely characterized city that is essentially comprised entirely of A) Boring jedi B) Boring politicians C) A dingy criminal cantina one time.

Just kill yourself.

What word are you implying at the end of this post? I honestly don't know.

>he doesn't get hard when space cruisers fire broadsides like an old battleship

i suppose great, but yeah hes retarded

Did they just replace ships for space ships?
Hell, even ships wouldn't be that close to each other.

FUCKING RETARDS

Only if you post the original in text format first

>>An uncharacterized enemy
you skipped episode I and II?
>Versus uncharacterized "clones"
you did skip episode II. Those clones have families and a son.
>>Over a barely characterized city that is essentially comprised entirely of A) Boring jedi B) Boring politicians C) A dingy criminal cantina one time.
>fuck life who gives a fuck lmao
Grow up. Billions of people lived there.
>boring politicians
spotted the pleb

>uncharacterized stormtroopers vs uncharacterized rebel grunts

Imagine if it was done like the depth charge scenes in das boot.

>Yoda
Name one interesting thing he did in the prequels before that fight
Name one reason why I should be invested in his survival if I know he exists in ep. 5
>>can't tell who the Seperatists are after three movies
>oh no, he's retarded!
Nice strawman. I asked why should I be invested in their endgame. What makes them interesting?

>Luke, Leia and Han
>uncharacterized
¿Que?

Stop making up excuses like a woman, you coward. Walk the talk or fuck off, nu-male.

Did you really have to repeat yourself, autist?

so basically The expanse battles

>any of those literally whos
>characterized
do you even know what the word means?

>TFA
>There are stakes when I know who the good guys are, who the bad guys are, the motives of each and the motives should make sense
Really? None of the character's motives made sense in TFA at all. And don't give me the "oh well the resistance are the good guys and the first order are the bad guys" bullshit.

The Prequels are boring.

>None of the character's motives made sense in TFA at all. And don't give me the "oh well the resistance are the good guys and the first order are the bad guys" bullshit.
Rey is literally a Jedi fangirl
Finn is "a man who wants to run". That's why he escaped the FO, that's why he bails out the green planet fight, his character arc is completed when he faces off against his overwhelmingly stronger former boss
Poe is a soldier, fighting for the cause. Nothing more or less.
Han is still a fraud but he loves his son
Leia does nothing, like in the first 3 films
Kylo is pretty self explanatory, he's literally Anakin 2.0
Huxley, Phasma and Snoke are imperialists like half the film baddies.
What else do you want spoonfed?

>Rey is literally a Jedi fangirl
She didn't even know jedi were real.

Look guises, I'm an Elf fanboy! Retard.

>That's why he escaped the FO
Why did he join them in the first place?
> his character arc is completed when he faces off against his overwhelmingly stronger former boss
Why would he do that? I thought his character was suppose to run.
>Poe is a soldier, fighting for the cause. Nothing more or less.
Such characterization. Clone Trooper #8 is a soldier, fighting for the cause, nothing more nothing less.
>Han is still a fraud but he loves his son
So?
>Leia does nothing, like in the first 3 films
You didn't even watch the first 3 films, didn't you?
>Kylo is pretty self explanatory, he's literally Anakin 2.0
He is nothing like Anakin. What the fuck are you talking about?
>Huxley, Phasma and Snoke are imperialists like half the film baddies.
The film baddies had actual motives behind them. Did you forget your post was suppose to talk about the motives behind the characters to justify what they do in the film?
>What else do you want spoonfed?
Your degree on the autism spectrum would be a nice start.

An actual big LMAO
Tbh we don't know who gets killed in the turbo laser explosions. Now if the clone who fired that last shot at the CIS ship that downed it had some sort of back story in the previous movie it would've mattered but we have no idea who fired and who got killed so it's just a statistic to us. Dare I say, it's the difference between watching a heroic last stand where one man barely takes 3 people but kills them all before succumbing to death as opposed to one man pressing a big red button and knowing millions of people died

I LIEK BIG BOOM!

Those aren't motivations, dumbass. You're just describing what they did for like one scene.
Rey goes from someone who wants to wait for her parents no matter what, then goes off giving Finn crap about wanting to run away, then she wants to go on an adventure. Unlike Luke, who had a good reason to do so.
No one knows if Finn was just afraid of violence or just didn't want like the First Order. But that sure didn't stop him from killing stormtroopers and helping the guy who killed his only friend apparently. He also went from wanting to run away to wanting to save Rey fast with no good reason other than she's a girl.
You're right about Poe.
At least Han had motivation after getting confronted twice.
Kylo is literally Anakin 2.0? Don't make me laugh. The guy was dumb enough to kill a guy who he potentially had valuable information that he was looking for. Anakin was never this stupid.
Huxley? Literally who? Phasma and Snoke are shit. There was no explanation to what they were after or what their goal was, besides from destroying the Resistance.

>What else do you want spoonfed?
I wanted good characters with strong motivations. Take a look at ANH then come back.

>waaah why do creators make stylistic choices for their own fictional universes

>at least told a original story
That doesn't mean anything by itself. I would rather watch a well done Hero's Journey no matter how derivative it was rather than The Room.

I never thought Sup Forums could stoop lower. But I'm still not surprised.

You're arguing that robots are compelling villains. You're really doing that. Because we're not talking about the Emperor. We're talking about the stakes at hand DIRECTLY in relation to what's show: the robots versus the clones.

The clones are meaningless. They're CLONES for fucks sake. No one gives a flying fuck about LITERALLY disposable slave soldiers.

And now we come to the planet that has no personality. When you're talking about dramatic functionality we're talking about how well executed the story is.

Saying "Hey, this planet has billions of people on it so you should care" is not good story telling. Its just color by numbers.

We should SEE the actually city and actually have a sense of what its like after THREE movies. But instead the only things that have been used there have primarily been A) politics that are boring B) Jedi which are boring and C) a dingy cantina

The one exception would be the diner, but its completely populated with cgi characters that have no dialogue and an exposition machine. There's basically no characters that are at risk, and there's no cutaway to the surface to imply that there is. Its only looked down upon.

>Boring politicans.
They are. youtube.com/watch?v=0jUIvRXWDl0
>IF ONLY SENATOR.... AMYDALA WERE HERE..... **PLEASE ACT IN HER STEAD**
What amazing dialogue.

>its stylistically designed to be that way

>>the prequels were cra-
IV > V > VI > RO > VII > III > I > II > TCW

>not feeling intense worry about the potential loss of Dexter Jettster

Do you even PT, user?

Haha pew pew yayyyy! *claps*

>You're arguing that robots are compelling villains
t. never watched I, Robot

>No one gives a flying fuck about LITERALLY disposable slave soldiers.
t. Black Enslaver

Even Star Destroyers could shoot ahead and from a distance, why would ships in a battle of this size try to broadside?

>We should SEE the actually city
t. Never paid attention in AOTC

>looks cool as shit

looks video games graphics tier

>but its completely populated with cgi characters
t. Pleb that thinks cgi characters aren't characters

The Prequels were always Kino.

Anyone who disagrees is obviously a RLM or Disney shill.

>create a giant space battle
>only have five characters that anyone gives a shit about in the space battle
>put them all on one ship
>expect audience to give a shit about what is happening outside

What did George mean by this?

>She didn't even know jedi were real.
she knew about the rebellion
>Look guises, I'm an Elf fanboy! Retard.
>>That's why he escaped the FO
>Why did he join them in the first place?
Kidnapped, the film made it obvious
>> his character arc is completed when he faces off against his overwhelmingly stronger former boss
>Why would he do that? I thought his character was suppose to run.
do you know what character ARC means?
>>Poe is a soldier, fighting for the cause. Nothing more or less.
>Such characterization. Clone Trooper #8 is a soldier, fighting for the cause, nothing more nothing less.
...yes? I don't care about Poe just like I don't care about the clones, what's your point?
>>Han is still a fraud but he loves his son
>So?
Character
>>Leia does nothing, like in the first 3 films
>You didn't even watch the first 3 films, didn't you?
4: she gets rescued
5: incest, saves luke (lando could hae done that)
6: nothing
>>Kylo is pretty self explanatory, he's literally Anakin 2.0
>He is nothing like Anakin. What the fuck are you talking about?
He's emo and angry
>>Huxley, Phasma and Snoke are imperialists like half the film baddies.
>The film baddies had actual motives behind them. Did you forget your post was suppose to talk about the motives behind the characters to justify what they do in the film?
What are the motives behind Palpatine's actions in the first 6 films?

He expected you to give a fuck about the universe he has made and expanded during 6 films.

In short, he expected you to not be a pleb

Are you seriously implying that no one hated the PT before RLM and the Disney buyout?

>"Hey man. We saw some cars and buildings
>"That means we saw the city right?"
>"We saw bland scifi imagery so we should care about the city right?"
>What about Dexter Jettster?

You don't even understand what I'm talking about. Lurk more newfag.

>forgetting the factories and apartments
you didn't watch it

>He expected you to give a fuck about the universe he has made and expanded during 6 films.

Well maybe he should do his job as a director and make me invested in THIS film instead of just shoving bright and shiny crap in my face like I have ADHD.

In ROTJ we have Luke looking outside the window of the Emperor's Throne Room watching the Rebel fleet getting blasted apart. The audience cares about this because we are seeing this from the perspective of a character that we have connected with. We care because Luke cares. However, in Episode III, no one gives a shit about the clones. Anakin has one throw away line about wanting to go back and help one single clone pilot, but that amounts to nothing on the emotional scale. The audience doesn't give a shit because the characters don't even give a shit.

If the characters within the universe don't give a shit about the clone troopers, then why should I?

Also, I understand that TCW did a lot to add humanity to the clones and showed the Jedi and clones forming very strong bonds, but guess what; that shit wasn't out yet when ROTS came out in 2005.

Your taste is very good.
5>4>R1 ending>7>6>first 2.5 arcs of R1>1>3>2
>Those aren't motivations, dumbass. You're just describing what they did for like one scene.
This non-argument can be applied to literally any book/movie ever
>Kylo is literally Anakin 2.0? Don't make me laugh. The guy was dumb enough to kill a guy who he potentially had valuable information that he was looking for. Anakin was never this stupid.
Yeah, he never submitted to Palpatine who went from "only I can save your wife" to "together we might save your wife if we try really hard"
>Huxley? Literally who? Phasma and Snoke are shit. There was no explanation to what they were after or what their goal was, besides from destroying the Resistance.
I can say the same about ANH
>>What else do you want spoonfed?
>I wanted good characters with strong motivations. Take a look at ANH then come back.
...I thought that TFA was too similar to ANH, now it isn't similar enough?

Nothing is ever stated that Coruscant is in any danger. All the seperatists wanted was Palpatine and once they got him they were trying to flee.

And once the battle is over we see Coruscant immediately after and nothing is damaged.

>we've gotten to the point where kids who grew up watching PT are now old enough to find Sup Forums and vehemently defend these terrible movies

Holy shit you are dumb

Is it actually shit? Ive been thinking about buying it