Why can't he act?

Why can't he act?

I think he did fine but maybe he should have been played by someone older.

Does it matter? Underage kids will rave about it either way.

Best part of the movie

I thought he did fine. Nothing superb but not bad either

This, adults like us should only be hyped about the new marve or dc movie anyway,

/thread
Blade Reddit < MCUkino

he sold his soul for his voice and looks, acting chops not part of the package

he said in an interview he literally was blind lmao he cant even ACT blind what a bunch of entitled pussies

he's 45 though, isn't that old enough?

>he's 45 though,
Not really. An eminent and powerful industrialist should be played by someone in his 60s. Maybe that's just me though. I think someone like Viggo would have been a better choice.

DECKARDS GONNA FREAK

>An eminent and powerful industrialist should be played by someone in his 60s
Why?
Leto's age wasn't the problem, him being a shitty meme actor was.
Why did Bowie have to die.

>should be played by someone in his 60s
because having a wunderkind captain of industry is wish fulfillment for younger audience members. it doesn't reflect the majority of such situations.

He felt more like a shitty religious nut than an obsessed, ruthless industrialist, rambling on about angels, and acting like a creep.

>razorfist

He tries too hard. Literal tryhard actor

>but maybe he should have been played by someone older.

Nah I think him being young works well as a tech mogul

He was literally fine, in fact I enjoyed the whole accent/attitude of his character very much

didnt he neve learn to act proffesionally, just method actor? Get these method hacks outta here, if it ends up giving people the impression that they cant act..maybe its true.

Tryhard is a really confusing insult to me. Is it just me or does it not make the guy using the term look bad? I though trying hard was cool no matter what.

So why then is this used so much?

Reminded me of this.

Tryhard =/= trying hard

I liked that he was creepy weirdo when the rest of the film is filled with replicants

>works well as a tech mogul
But in Blade Runner the head of Tyrell was significantly older. I get that it's a sign of the times to have someone younger be the billionaire but I wish it was a little consistent.

failure is embarassing. To fail while trying very hard is very embarassing

I'm not razorfistand I actually really liked BR2049. Relax.

Underage kids don't want to watch Blade Runner.

But thats exactly the point, during the first Blade Runner people thought of tech in terms of IBM where the grey heads still ran things.
A young new God was suitable for Wallace

This. I also wish Disney had made the new death star in The Force Awakens smaller, so the parallels to the original were clearer.

>Tyrell was significantly older
Has no relation to Wallace's age.
And is it really so far out there to think that Wallace is actually older than he looks?
Augmentation isn't an unknown concept to him, after all.

Touche to you both. Like I said originally, I liked Leto and thought he did a fine job. Wallace's role in the story as somewhat of a specter was a lot better than I expected it to be.

Please stop being a faggot thank you.

I thought he was way too dramatic and weird. He is always doing evil monologues. Why the fuck did he kill that newborn replicant? He brought Rachael's skull to Deckard for some reason and had Rachael 2.0 shot moments after Deckard turned away from her. I guess I could see him as like the Steve Jobs of the future if Steve Jobs went completely insane.

I guess some characters in the original BR were unrealistically dramatic as well, though (Roy)

whats with Sup Forums hate of jared leto?

he's a great actor

He did a phenomenal job. I found his performance compelling and his character worked brilliantly.

This is the mentality of someone who never tries (or at least the bare minimum) because they fear embarrassment. The only true failure is the person who never looks to succeed.

This desu
And I hate him so much.

he shouldnt have been in the movie at all, why couldnt it have just been the old guy in retirement with the evil female replicant girl doing all his work for him

instead they put in this stupid character that was not fleshed out at all and did not have a conclusion

I thought Leto's character was brilliant

I hope you were as ironic as I was.

His best role to date is as a piece of hamburger.

why don't you upload a private youtube video with you acting out his part? I'm sure you can do a better job and prove everyone wrong. Right user?

He did fine. Perhaps because there is a lot of him, but he did fine.

I'm sure you're stupid enough to think this was insightful

why don't you upload a private youtube video with you acting out his part? go ahead, I'm waiting.

you really are stupid

>Coming from guy who does nothing in fear of failure.

you're the only retard here saying an academy award winner did a shit job with a part. some niggerfaggot loser. upload a video of yourself. I'm waiting.

Another actor won't magically turn Wallace into a well written character.

I hope you're filming at the moment. Hurry up faggot. Show us how the character should've been handled. Imagine you're Jared Leto, an academy award winner and world renouned actor who starred in over 30 films, and direct yourself better so you can act the part better.
DO IT FAGGOT

>you can't criticize something unless you can do it better yourself

must hurt to be a brainlet

This

>imagine being so estrogen-fueled to this desperately defend a hack actor
You do realize no matter how hard you try you won't materialize his tiny fem cock for you to choke on, right?

>HE DID A SHIT JOB xD xD
>this is somehow criticism
I'm sorry to brake it to you, my retarded friend, but you cannot possibly be more stupid.
you gave no valid criticism. "it's shit" is not criticism.
Jared Leto is an actual actor. He gives a good performance.
Meanwhile, some neckbeard is unsatisfied with it, calls the man shit.
Given that you are this much of a turbopleb I see it fit to resort to calling you out on it and having you prove yourself to be a better actor.
you can't show other performances of other actors, you have to judge it by the performance of this character in particular, THUS, either direct someone to do a better job with the material, or do it yourself.
I'm waiting, faggot.

>brake
confirmed brainlet, didn't read the rest of your post

That is the problem - there's too much hype around his "method acting," but his actual performances never reach that projected level of awe. His acting would be under far less scrutiny if he and Hollywood stopped falling for this meme.

>brake
>tl;dr
Get out of the closet already

i thought he did just fine for the role

why does he keep getting big roles?

break*
there, I fixed it for you. you can read the rest. Still waiting for the video. No need to circle jerk here, you have a better place to pat yourselves on the back for that kind of shit.
go ahead, I'm waiting.

Just stop calling others faggots and realize you crave cock. The debate's over, senpai

No can do

see

>still no video or actual valid criticism
gonna keep on calling you a turbofaggot mate, sorry.
you have to stand behind your words.
still waiting.

LEAVE METHOD ACTING TO ME

>NOOOO STOP BTFOING ME OR I'LL CALL YOU A POOPOO HEAD

this is just sad, I've never seen a brainlet get so upset over something so minor

>implying I'm the guy who made the original critique
I just sense your closet faggotry, kid.

he is not a great actor. show me a single noteworthy performance of his

He apparently has a giant dick too

wow, still no video or valid criticism?

>get BTFO
>start posting redditfrog

every time

>it was like seeing jesus walking into a temple. everybody became super silent and there was kind a of sacred moment.

nuke hollywood off the planet

But he can. He did great in this.

>fails to provide a video or actual criticism, the entire point of this bait thread
>LOL y-y-you got BTFOd xD
>LOL le ribbit frog xD
summer is over. you can leave now. or you can post the video.

What could've been, what could've been.
>Look up here. I'm in Heaven.

what a fucking tryhard lol

45 is the perfect age for a Silicon Valley tech villain.

Elon Musk is 46. Jared was a great choice for the role, even if I would've liked to see Bowie in it.

>he keeps going

>he pitched the blind creator thing to Denny cause he couldn't act right

Dallas Buyers Club
Mr. Nobody
Chapter 27

>Elon Musk
>elon meme

>Dallas Buyers Club
>Mr. Nobody
I haven't seen that last movie but these were grade A horse shit