Reminder that the next X men movie will be set in the 90s

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt4682266/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm ok with this. Anything would be better than the current state of X-Men comics.

You point is...?

I think the new mutants movie will remain in the 80's

They really should just give the rights back to marvel

Universe reset when

Reminder that that movie got cancelled because Bryan "Teen Twink in the Pink" Singer finally got fired and they're rebooting with the New Mutants

But New Mutants will have James McAvoy in it, so it still takes place in the same universe/timeline.

Lol no it wont

This, all these movies have sucked cock besides Deadpool. I love the casting picks though, aside from J-Law, she can die in a fire.

Yes, it will.

Lol no it wont

His contracts up

imdb.com/title/tt4682266/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

>IMBD source

He's renegotiating.

You want me to link all the other random blogs out there that have reported it? Google it yourself.

I don't get why they keep making these movies be period pieces.

Because for some reason, no one but marvel can figure out how to make a decent film, when the secret is good writing with a moderate amount of special effects. Marvel getsaway with 10's despite being mediocre and a bit too much in both regards, so I guess it is hard to do.

They just decided to make First Class set in the past and after it was successful everything else had to follow it.

How fucking hard is it to not fuck up the X-Men?

It's beyond simple. No one's asking you to be revolutionary and the characters are recognizable at this point so no need to worry about that.

>use A-list characters for the team, not fucking Pyro or Darwin
>Have them be in actual costume for once FUCK YOU SINGER YOU FUCKING LEATHER FETISH HACK
>Have Magneto not show up as the bad guy FOR ONCE EVERY FUCKING MOVIE THEY FIGHT MAGNETO AT LEAST ONCE
>Have some levity, but also some darker scenes
>Have the whole "Hated and feared" thing, but show them as believing they could make a difference
>Not have bizarre convoluted contradictory continuity (admittedly this is accurate adaptation, but it doesn't work in movies when nobody ages over the span of FUCKING DECADES SINGER YOU FUCKING TALENTLESS SHITSTAIN)

What did you expect, Marvel has the rights to most of their universe

Works better as a TV show than a movie series.

But that goes for most comics that aren't minis.

All rumors

my idea

>20 episode, yearly, game of thrones budgeted, netflix X-Men series set in the MCU.

>Season 1- Original 5, later Alex and Lorna, magneto's origin, etc.

>Season 2- giant size #1, new x-men, ends with phoenix.

>Season 3- starts with dark phoenix, jean is dead, the wolverine mini series, the morlocks

>Season 4- storm as leader, new mutants introduced, etc

>and so on
>and so on
>forever

Very credible rumors though, they just haven't officially announced the cast to the public.

>today, our Cowardly Mouseketeers will pick on Fox
>which, by the way, might get an Oscar nomination for Deadpool

(you)

As soon as Jackman has enough for good.

You had me at morlocks. Can we get actual sentinels? Or a house of M spinoff?

Once, long ago, I had almost the exact same idea, even wrote up the timeline for the first ten seasons (ending with the Twelve, IIRC), trying to stick to Uncanny as much as possible.

Realized halfway through I'd need at least two spin-offs (New Mutants, X-Factor) to cover everything relevant.

Season 8 has Onslaught as the final villain, with the X-Men triumphant. Season 9 then just starts in medias res during Age of Apocalypse, and Bishop is the only one to remember the timeline being different. Apocalypse up to that point would have had a few brief appearances, mostly as a man-behind-the man type to avoid being a jobber.

After they undo Legion going back in time and killing Xavier (to prevent the creation of Onslaught, neatly tying in the two big plots), season 10 is all about trying to stop Apocalypse's plan to gain power via the Twelve. Season finale was him nearly succeeding and the X-Men winning at the cost of Cyclops. Works as a bittersweet series finale, or as a nifty sequel hook (the search for Cyclops).

i would want sentienls, and house of m would be a little tricky without retconning the current mcu wanda

i agree with spin off shows, as long as they're team ones like you listed. im tired of the idea that single xmen characters need their own story outside of the team book/movies

ps love the star trek 3 reference in the title.

They did the 80s so badly though. The reboot was bretty good up till Apocalypse.

eh, DoFP was the only movie that still holds up to me (the theatrical cut only, the rogue cut has terrible pacing.)

First Class is fun, campy fare with little substance - classic Vaughn

DoFP was a good movie and a good adaptation aside from the Mystique wank.

Apocalypse was Wasted Opportunity: the Movie.

we all h8 J-Law
the first class wasn't that bad, the last one is horrible

deadpool did well enough that they could have a couple more bombs and still be alright.

48 mil budget movie makes a billion dollars is insane.