Hero

He was the true hero of the story, he just wanted to rid the world of a dangerous monster.

I wouldn't quite say hero, but just ambiguous enough to warrant a return and redemption with some backstory in Frozen 2

Although if you think about it, he did end up being the hero who saved Arendelle from destruction, just not the way he meant

God I hate this garbage.
So when will Disney start making good movie again?

>he just wanted to rid the world of a dangerous monster.
No he wanted to take the throne by killing both sisters

I swear the only people who unironically like this character are probably white men who shitpost about SJWs taking over the world.

javascript:quote('89035136

But SJWs ARE talking over the world, nothing but diversity and progressiveness in the lately batch of Disney movies: TFA,BH8,Jungle Book, Zootopia, Moana,RO

You're wrong there and I'm sorry your taste is so shit

>deceives and tries to murder two young women in order to steal their birthright
>hero

Nonsense, he just wanted to marry a single chick and rule next to them.

Also
>steal their birthright
fuck that, that's not how we roll in the Nordics, never was. A monarch has a responsibility to the country and the people to rule well, and if they fuck up bad enough, the ones with the money and power (nobility and military) can decide that they're unfit for the job and simply appoint someone suitable to the job. The nobility chose Hans for the job, he didn't "steal" anything.

A country and its people isn't a goddamn house you inherit from your parents and can do whatever with. "Birthright", ha.

#Justice4Hans

No. He was a generic whitebread prince that was rewritten into a villain at the last minute for a "shocking" twist.

He really wasn't rewritten all that much. Even his earlier "Admiral Westergard" version still had him try to kill Elsa.

Of course his earlier version was also apparently kind of an idiot, so I think current scheming asshole Hans is actually an improvement.

He wanted to trick a gullible girl into marrying him so he could murder her sister and seize power for entirely selfish reasons. He admits to this himself.

As for the birthright, that is exactly how we roll in the Nordics. The right to rule is passed down father to son, or in this case: daughter. It comes with responsibilities of course, mainly to maintain law and order as well as defend the people from foreign aggression and noble oppression. Failure to fulfill these responsibilities may void that right, but the nobility does not have the right to stage a coup against a lawful ruler at their whim. That is treason.

Hans did nothing wrong

>A monarch has a responsibility to the country and the people to rule well, and if they fuck up bad enough, the ones with the money and power (nobility and military) can decide that they're unfit for the job and simply appoint someone suitable to the job.

That is literally how that works everywhere.

>Failure to fulfill these responsibilities may void that right, but the nobility does not have the right to stage a coup against a lawful ruler at their whim. That is treason.
That's great, tell that to Sweden's current royal family who came to power precisely because the nobility got fed up with the king fucking up, and simply locked him in a dungeon and offered the crown to a foreign nobleman. Seems to me that they had the "right" to do that, as Karl XIV Johan, born Jean Bernadotte, ruled over both Sweden and Norway till his death without any disputes and his descendants sit on the Swedish throne now.

A monarch can only rule if the powerful factions choose to back them up. If they fuck up and the nobility and the military together start to think that they're not fit to rule, they get dethroned and someone else will be crowned instead. It's legit. If the parliament or whatever faction in power declares the transition of power to be legit, it's legit. Sure, it's called a coup or a revolution, but they happen - it's not at all like one family has sat the throne of each country since forever.

Hans didn't "steal" the throne; he tried to marry into it, but it was the nobility and the military that told him to forget about the girls and just ascend the throne by himself, Arendelle looks to him now. Elsa and Anna fucked the kingdom and their rule up completely by themselves so badly Elsa ended up freezing Anna to death and sending a snow monster to attack her own men which turned her own military against her.

All Hans did was propose to the single princess. Sure, it doesn't mean he's a faultless misunderstood widdle prince as it's clear he's a conniving douche, but in any case Elsa and Anna fucked everything up themselves

>Young Hans: A Frozen Story

>but it was the nobility and the military that told him to forget about the girls and just ascend the throne by himself
Those were foreign diplomats.

He only needed to kill one sister technically.

I'm taking them to represent all the nobility, because we never see a single local nobleman anywhere, even though they really should be there at Hans' crisis council helping him run the country, seeing how he's the one officially left in charge.

In any case the local military accepted his authority without question and fully supported him convicting Elsa to death

"Just" used to actually mean something before it became a meme user.
b8 has changed...

>Progress and diversity are bad things

People like you should be killed

Kek.
...Y-you're being ironic right?

Get your facts straight. Gustav IV was deposed by the Riksdag because his reckless policies and ineptitude had cost Sweden its eastern half. After Gustav IV was deposed, his uncle Charles XIII was offered the crown and ruled until his death.

>Hans didn't "steal" the throne; he tried to marry into it
No, he tried to murder his way into it. This was by his own admission his plan all along.

>Elsa ended up freezing Anna to death and sending a snow monster to attack her own men which turned her own military against her.
Elsa never froze Anna to death, she never sent a snow monster to attack her own men and only a handful of soldiers under Hans' command are ever shown to have "turned against her".

ZA WRUDO

if you honestly think Sup Forums tier white guys even know who this guy is, you're fucking retarded

actually he wanted to marry her until he realized elsa let nobody get close to her so he went for the next best thing

No why would I Cletus?

Punished Hans: A Frozen Legend

>This was by his own admission his plan all along.
Actually not true, his initial plan was to marry Elsa and kill no-one, but as things changed he started to improvise. "As heir, Elsa was preferable, of course".

>Elsa never froze Anna to death
Okay, so the scene where Anna has frozen into solid (not living) ice as a result of Elsa's curse and Elsa is weeping over her frozen corpse just didn't happen in your view? Even though that moment is replayed in Frozen Fever on the cake topper?

> she never sent a snow monster to attack her own men
Ah okay, so the scene where Marshmallow attacks the Arendelle militia, Elsa's own men, who are on a search-and-rescue mission after Anna, and Elsa watches her creation attack her own subjects bearing the uniform of her own troops and just walks away and shuts the door without trying to control Marshmallow in any way also didn't happen in your mind? I'll remind you that Elsa saw that Hans, her sister's fiance and her own possible future brother-in-law, was also in the group, and actually very nearly died against Marshmallow, but still Elsa didn't try to control the snowman in any way, just watched it attack her subjects and extended family and shut the door.

Its hilarious you're trying to tell others to "get their facts straight". Did you even watch the movie?

Also regarding the king thing, it still stands that the nobility council, whatever name it bears, decided that the king isn't fit to rule, chose among themselves the new king, and upon finding that this dude was also not quite fit to rule started to look for the next candidate, they just allowed the senile old dude to officially remain king even though the french guy they selected took the reins the moment he landed in the country. The point still is that it's the nobility who made the decisions on who rules. The uncle was OFFERED the crown because they decided to offer it to him, he didn't automatically get it as a birthright succession thing or whatever.

>all male characters have to be criminal, evil or just generally anti-social
>all female characters are perfect except for acceptable character 'flaws' like being strong willed, naive or scared.

This shit has been going on since Tangled.

define progress.
define diversity.

at least the bunny was secretly racist.

i do agree with everything else though, what happened to disney?

Yeah but acceptably so as she had a traumatic experience. Plus she learnt not to be about 5 minutes later and became perfect again.

wasnt that the point? she bieleved she wasnt racist but deep down she was afraid of predators

Go to bed Hans, you have a long day tomorrow on laundry detail.

>"As heir, Elsa was preferable, of course"
Cutting a quote in the middle of a sentence right before the word "but", are we? How convenient. Let's put that quote in context:
>"As heir, Elsa was preferable, of course, but no one was getting anywhere with her. But you- You were so desperate for love you were willing to marry me, just like that. I figured, after we married, I’d have to stage a little accident for Elsa."
Murder was the plan even before it was known Elsa had magic.

>corpse
Anna seems quite lively for a corpse.

>Ah okay, so the scene where Marshmallow attacks the Arendelle militia
You mean the one where an armed posse with weapons drawn and headed by foreigners tries to assault her castle and shoots crossbow bolts at her?

>Also regarding the king thing, it still stands that the nobility council, whatever name it bears, decided that the king isn't fit to rule
The Riksdag of the Estates represents the will of the people, not the nobility. The nobility is only one of the four estates.

>chose among themselves the new king
They did not just choose someone and definitely not "among themselves". Charles was next in the line of succession after the kings son, who was passed over by decision of the Riksdag due to concerns about his legitimacy and the risk that he might seek revenge for his father's deposition.

>upon finding that this dude was also not quite fit to rule started to look for the next candidate
False. Charles XIII together with the Riksdag started looking for a suitable heir for Charles XIII to adopt when it became apparent that Charles XIII would die without a natural heir.

>the french guy they selected took the reins the moment he landed in the country
The crown prince, Charles XII's adopted son, took the reins when Charles XIII's health deteriorated to the point that he could no longer rule effectively.

>The point still is that it's the nobility who made the decisions on who rules.
No. Not in a Nordic monarchy.

Considering how quickly the militia was willing to follow the first person to show any kind of competence it's a wonder there wasn't a coup earlier.

>Both young women were, at the time, completely unprepared and incapable of ruling their country
>Doesn't murder, or attempt to murder anyone -- he stopped his men from killing Elsa and was truthful in that he didn't actually love Anna, so he wouldn't be able to do shit for her frozen heart

He was an opportunist to be sure, but everything in the movie happened because of Elsa. Anna becoming frozen, included.

This is photoshopped right ?

Yes.

Oh I see, you're so deep in your own headcanons you're incapable of accepting facts, and are instead arguing that scenes in the movie itself didn't happen the way they happened.

That's cute, and also a little sad.

what movie is that slug from?

Vaiana: Ocean's Treasure

The IMAX called again, they really need that projector back by Friday

>>Both young women were, at the time, completely unprepared and incapable of ruling their country
Yeah, no, that doesn't justify anything.

And when you think about it, the only flaw in his plan is that he wasn't evil enough. All he had to do was put a pillow on Anna's face for a minute. We'd already established she wasn't in any shape to put up a fight, but instead he just locked her in a room (granted, he assumed she would die in there, but as far as he knew there wasn't a way to save her anyway). If he had simply killed her she wouldn't have been able to stop him from killing Ana later and he would have been King.

Even a weak girl has fingernails. What if he had gotten visibly scratched when smothering her? That would have been a death sentence for him.

I wouldn't put it past degenerate manchildren to watch cartoons.

Also seize power, which would have doubtless lead to a pointless war between him and his siblings, triggering a revolution that would see countless millions dead for the birth of Communism.

Honestly I don't think anyone would have given a shit. The nobles had already told him to forget about the second search and rescue mission, just leave Anna to die alone in the wilderness, you are all that Arendelle has left. That's incredibly cold when you think about it. And after that, Anna had been brought in - too weak to walk on her own, her hair turned white, unnaturally cold, clearly at death's door. Everyone thought she was as good as dead.

He could have made up any shit about Elsa's curse making her mad in her last moments and they'd have all been like yep yep what a tragedy she must be killed before she'll kill anyone else

>doubtless
nah

> countless millions dead for the birth of Communism.
user Arendelle is modeled after Norway, not Imperial Russia

Even if they had taken Anna's death in stride, someone, presumably someone with a claim to the throne, would have wanted the foreign pretender to the throne gone. Especially with how weak Hans' claim was. That someone would likely have a power base in the country and could easily seize power for himself if Elsa and Anna were dead and Hans could be accused of regicide.

You've never smothered a drunk/drugged girl to death, have you?

The first mistake is to lift a pillow onto her face. That does, as you suggest, give her ample opportunity to scratch you. Putting you in front of her, it makes you the target of her instinctive flailing. It's better to flip her over onto her belly, pin her arms with your legs, then press her face down into the pillow.

1. The movie is unclear on how much experience Hans has of smothering girls.
2. Any kind of struggle carries with it the risk of leaving signs of struggle.

>2. Any kind of struggle carries with it the risk of leaving signs of struggle.
And telling the princess your evil plan carries with it the risk that she'll foil your evil plan.

Really the best thing for him to do would be to keep up the charade:

1. Kiss her.
>"It... it didn't work!"
>"True love's kiss... Ana, that's a wedding kiss." (seems plausible)
>"But... but we have no time..."
>"The Archbishop is down the hall. Follow me."
2. He carries to wherever the archbishop is
3. Archbishop marries them.
4. They kiss again.
5. It probably still doesn't work.

But at this point it doesn't really matter if she lives or dies, or even if she takes this time to decide that she doesn't really love Hans after all. He just lays her gently in bed and promises to make it right. Then he can go out and kill Elsa.

When Elsa dies does her magic vanish? It might legitimately save Ana if so. She might hate him after that, but who cares, he would have the crown he wanted.

>1. The movie is unclear on how much experience Hans has of smothering girls.
Man, Disney is really being stingy with the character development, huh? A simple flashback is all it would take. Hell, Hans needs a solo song anyway, you could have him sing about how many serving girls he strangled back home in the islands.

>someone, presumably someone with a claim to the throne, would have wanted the foreign pretender to the throne gone
yeah, but where were they at the time of the dire crisis? Not around, that's where.

It's stupid to start to invent up "ooh I'm sure it would have gone like this" scenarios that have zero basis in what we saw in the film itself. What we have is all the nobility we've seen in the film tell Hans that he should forget about the girls and just take the throne for himself, and all the military we've seen in the film support him in assuming power, sentencing Elsa to death, and going to execute that sentence. That's how narration works - we are shown the people of Arendelle, the military of Arendelle, and the nobility making decisions for Arendelle, and they all back Hans.

You can try to invent "presumable" headcanons or theories all you want, but it's not an irl situation, it's a Disney movie, where things are invented and introduced and shown to the audience (and omitted) with express narrative purpose. And in Frozen they showed us everyone in Arendelle supporting Hans for the throne, so much that they even tried to persuade him to abandon Anna to die alone in the woods when he wanted to go save her, and just take the throne for himself.

>She might hate him after that,
Considering that Anna herself didn't bother telling Hans that Elsa had cursed her -by accident-, and instead only said "Elsa struck me with her powers, I said she would never hurt me but I was wrong, she froze my heart" she doesn't have any room to complain.

Maybe if you didn't want your sister dead you shouldn't have gone around claiming she intentionally cursed you to death, huh

>You've never smothered a drunk/drugged girl to death, have you?
i sure as hell hope he hasn't

what we need to do is trans-a-fy Hans and hopefully the tards at Disney stop this Injustice

Yes. There is as you say, no reason for him to reveal his intentions and gloat. If he had played it cool he would have increased his chances of success and significantly reduced the cost of failure. He didn't because he's a retard who wanted to twirl his mustache and monologue about his evil scheme.

I love her.

Moana. And it's a crab. A glam crab.

>yeah, but where were they at the time of the dire crisis?
Nearby, considering they would definitely have been at the coronation and couldn't leave because of the blizzard.

>in Frozen they showed us everyone in Arendelle supporting Hans for the throne
We saw what, three people expressing such sentiments? None of whom were actually confirmed to be nobility of Arendelle and from what I can recall are only ever shown in the company of confirmed foreign dignitaries like Hans and Duke Weselton?

why do lesbians always act like this?

And his plan to accomplish this was stop someone from killing her when her back was turned and she was trying to kill someone so it would have been justified self defense.

FOOLPROOF

Hans is two letters short of Thanos. Coincidence? I think not.

BREAKING NEWS: user likes sparkly, cardboard tasting dog turd.

>people with the capability to be extremely destructive should be killed now because we can't control them
Fucking commies.

No, I like her. She's a lovely woman.

>Hans' new life as a stable cleaner has him bitter at the monarchy that rejected him
>he even gets sick with Cholera from the feces, and his family pays him no mind
>he spends well over a decade in this lot, raising enough money to escape
>he travels to London, takes a job at a records company to get away from sanitary work, where during a Cholera outbreak in 1854, a man named John Snow begins asking him for records on a particularly deadly epicenter in Broad Street, where the man was convinced that a pump was involved
>he helps the man with his work, and vouches for him to the city management who close down the pump and save hundreds
>he follows the man's theory, that not miasma, but water-borne pathogens, were the cause of Cholera, and was intrigued with these answers beyond the mystical
>when he unfortunately passed away in 1858, Hans devoted himself to enacting new modernization policies across Europe, becoming one of the newest and most key proponents of the Sanitary Movement

>in 1864, Hans became the King of the Southern Isles, as a terrible cholera spell had taken the lives of his remaining family, not so exposed to fecal matter, and Hans took this and his knowledge to spread the Sanitation Movement to all his people, in part to carry out the noble British task on a king's budget, and partly to snub the Arendellian city-state, who had no such means of developing a proper sewer system without outside help
>the action prince-regent, despite objections from the delirious Queen Mother Elsa, agreed to unity of the empires under one banner, and Hans' soon absorbed the city into his own, before Elsa fled to corners unknown
>Arendelle as a sovereign nation was eclipsed by the massive contracts earned by the engineering sewer marvels the Southern Isles produced, and King Hans passed a glory in his eyes
>his first child was a daughter, and his son lived expat in the bustling land of Marceline, before seeking a homestead in Niho-Amerika
>his son was told stories of the King Hans, who vanquished and exiled a dreaded ice with in Europe
>these stories of bravery inspired the young man, from his penthouse and off-bay island in San Fransokyo to take up superhero-ry in the city and beyond
>his son Fred is none the wiser of his father's (and later mother's) double life, until...
And that's why a statue of Hans was in Big Hero 6.

Spiderman's got a fine ass...

I'm just sayin'.

At least the first draft with Hans had foreshadowing. That character was an idiot, so at least he could be blamed by stupidity. The final product was incoherent.

Is it really a crime to convince a mentally retarded woman to marry you for the inheritance? Or is it the fault of the state to have ever entrusted the retard with such weighty inheritance?

>Murder was the plan even before it was known Elsa had magic.

No, it was not the original plan. Lemme quote you quoting the film..

>"As heir, Elsa was preferable, of course, but no one was getting anywhere with her."

So, this one line implies that Hans wanted to woo Elsa & marry into the throne by marrying her. No killing was necessary until he resorted to plan B of marrying the heir.

THIS

>Murder was the plan even before it was known Elsa had magic.
>No, it was not the original plan.
Is reading hard for you? Do you need me to explain to you how your statement, even if it was true, would not refute mine?

>So, this one line implies that Hans wanted to woo Elsa & marry into the throne by marrying her. No killing was necessary until he resorted to plan B of marrying the heir.
He never even spoke to Elsa before going all in on Anna. Yet he knew that "no one was getting anywhere with her". Clearly, Hans must have researched Elsa before formulating his plan and concluded that wooing her wasn't going to work. Ergo, marrying Anna and killing Elsa was plan A. Not that it matters if it was A, B or Q. Hans intended to marry Anna and murder her sister.

The main problem was Hans wasn't originally supposed to be the villain, and they decided to make him one at the last minute, so they had to shove all the "haha, Im really evil!" stuff all into the end.

Doesn't really matter if tricking Anna into marrying him is a crime when his crimes include high treason, attempted homicide, fraud and sedition.

>lately

Except that's not true.
Hans was always going to end up as the villain.

His original rendition was going to kill Elsa because Elsa was the planned villain until the last second rewrite.

Except Elsa was originally the villain. Hans was originally the Duke of weselton character, looked way more sinister but wasn't a villain.

>Siding with villains

How edgy

If that's true than Hans kinda sucks at regicide, he ruined three separate good chances at having Elsa killed withoutbot ever coming back to him. Shit the nobles practically gave him the crown but he still went out and save both sisters.

He did the worst thing a villain could ever do, he was boring.

LIBERATE HANS

Weird preferences, but if you insist.

I wouldn't be surpised if there was a strong Pro-Hans faction in arendelle as Hans was clearly a better leader than Elsa.

>He never even spoke to Elsa before going all in on Anna. Yet he knew that "no one was getting anywhere with her". Clearly, Hans must have researched Elsa
Jennifer Lee addressed this and said that he'd "asked around" in Arendelle. So he actually arrived at the coronation with the aim of just marrying Elsa and ruling by her side, tried to get an appointment and heard that no-one was getting anywhere with her, wandered around wondering what to do now and literally bumped into Anna, who was super eager for romance, and started to improvise.

Plan A was always "marry Elsa, kill no-one". This has been established also by tie-in media.

Frozen has been the only Disney movie in ages from which I exited the theater displeased tbqh

Hans was wrong but I literally didn't care he wanted to kill Elsa, she was a fucking asshole.

A bunch of guys at a trial in Nuremburg, Germany about 70-odd years ago said the same thing. It didn't change the truth did it?

That pic been shopped? he looks like a girl with side burns and feminine hands. xp

she maybe an asshole, but she's nobodys jailhouse bitch now is she?

aahhh... 19th century jailhouse rape. "been a long time hasnt it sailor boy?"

>He wanted to trick a gullible girl into marrying him
To be honest Anna is first-in-line for the throne, so even without Hans there would have been someone pretending they love her just because they want to marry into power and money.

The fact that Anna is too reckless to care that as a princess first-in-line to the throne in an absolute monarcy, with a crown princess / queen who's been mainly locked in her room for the past 13 years and thus might be severely ill or insane or have something wrong with her so bad she can't even attend the funeral of their parents, it's actually quite likely Anna herself might end up ruling and should choose her husband very carefully as it's a matter of national importance, isn't Hans' fault.

Anna being too fucking stupid to understand that being born into royalty, money and asolute power miiiiight attract false friends seeking to profit from you isn't Hans' fault, but it's a huge flaw on Anna.

Yeah, both sisters were incompetent morons, it really took the edge off from the treason to feel like the traitor was actually the best possible ruler available and I'd have preferred him ruling if I'd have lived in Arendelle

>Elsa's dungeon

Aladdin was a thief and a liar whose best friend was a monkey.