I am performing an experiment of sorts...

I am performing an experiment of sorts. A thread exists on two boards now (pol is the third) pertaining to the Lunar landing, and photos that exist of it. The other threads are on Sup Forums and /sci/, and I figured this would be the best third option for the subject matter.

Do you guys believe the Moon landing was real or faked? What evidence do you use to support your claim?

Bonus points: Assuming it was real, do you think we will return to the Moon any time in the near future?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_experiment
youtube.com/watch?v=MxNk48lnA6o
pigeonsnest.co.uk/stuff/nasa-fakes-moon-landing.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We went to the moon. Someone else will do it before we go there again.

69 landing was faked. How is the flag blowing around? There's no wind in space, checkmate faggots

can't wait for another country to go so all the conspirashits will talk about how they are faking theirs as well

>im conducting an experiment of sorts

You realize this statement alone is just inviting shit posting and keks, right?

Fake. The white spacesuit doesn't have a brown spot on it and as we all know americans shart in every space.

>There's no wind in space
who told you this¿ the same people who you say faked it? and you believe them?

Kek is among us, apparently.

This is not an appropriate answer. The flag was transported folded, not straight. In still images it looks like it is waving. If you think this, it is because you have never seen a video of it.

real but we discovered aliens/ancient civilization tech. full story not told.

Moon landing was faked theories exist to discredit and make people not even be able to consider we discovered much more than is known.

Since the flag will likely have faded to either an extremely pale blue color or solid white by that time due to solar radiation, they will say the flag was placed there or the scene was replicated.

Alternatively, they may claim the studio in which the lunar landing was filmed has been left undisturbed since then so that future faked landings can have the astronauts return for more videos and pose with the old landers.

Conspiracy theorists can and will always find something to have a conspiracy about. Logic, reasoning or facts won't persuade them otherwise.

chekd. and aye, lost cause

Yeah it happened because I don't believe first of all that a country like the United States would lie to its population, yes there is corruption and yes there are ulterior motives behind things that are going on but I don't believe an entire event would be faked like this and any 'evidence' that they did just isn't enough.

We won't return to the moon cos going there was fucking pointless to begin with.

I mean, it showed those dirty commies who was boss, didn't it?

The moon landing is real. The government spent billions and billions of dollars on the space program; why would they finish what they started? We know they created the technology, designed the rockets and shot it all into space. If you're going to do all that, why stop short of the final step?

Real. The technology to fake the filming and photography of it was not available at the time and would have been harder and more expensive to develop than to actually go to the Moon.

radiation belt assraping the astronauts

America had that rocket science autist called Von Braum or something. He was so good at rockets he made the german army fucking scary with those V2. Putting an american on the moon with an autist like that and a fuckton of funding wouldn't be a problem.

That and the fact that Russia currently supports the claim, and that the Soviet Union even supported the claim that America put a man on the moon, should be enough proof needed.

>doesn't understand radiation
Kill yourself, or tell me the difference between alpha, beta, gamma decay

SAGE

The placed retroreflectors during Apollo 11. With the right equipment you can ping the moon.

The USSR verified that we landed on the moon.
During the cold war.

If we had lied, Russia would have blown us the fuck out.

See

100% this. And Russia currently backs the claim up, after launching their own post-Soviet lunar probes.

FAKE AS FUCK

Definitely real, just approach it as a logical problem step by step.

Did all of the engineers build a ship capable of going to the moon?
If not, then any of the thousands of engineers involved would know it and say so, if so then why not use it?

Did they stage a moon landing?
If they had a vehicle capable of going to the moon, and used it to do so, why bother staging it at extra cost if the whole point of the conspiracy is usually that someone embezzled the money.

When you wiggle something in space it's going to keep wiggling for quite a while, there's no air to absorb the kinetic energy and thus the only place for a flag to send its energy would be back into the pole, which isn't a rapid process.

>belt

Think about that word for a second, and think about the shape it implies.

This. Google "Astronauts who believe in aliens" and look around a bit. Tons of them do. Tons of them claim they saw UFOs or other things of that nature while they were up there. Whatever they saw, NASA and probably the US government didn't want them going public, as it was not mentioned by any of the astronauts until well after the first statements they gave to the press following the successful missions.

This is the only interesting part of this thread. Inb4 "go back to /x

Real. Maybe 50 years. Actually worked at NASA. these threads need to stop. Sup Forums shouldn't be anti science it discredits everything else here.

The moon has moonquakes every few seconds. What do you thing the flagpole is doing during the quake? It's wobbling and flinging the flag around.

Read a book.

I agree with you, but I started the thread on both here and /sci/ mainly because I expected Sup Forums to be split as it is, and for /sci/ to be overwhelmingly in agreement that it is real.

Surprisingly, the split seems to occur at the same rate there, which only goes to discredit them more than it would Sup Forums.

Kind of sad really, the alarming number of people who believe it was faked. I used to think the only non believers of this were people who either never graduated high school, or those who haven't made it to high school yet.

Very upsetting.

the moon landing happened, but when i was a kid buzz aldrin was the first man on the moon

about 9 years ago I noticed that now it's neil armstrong

I met Neil Armstrong once. He lived pretty close to me, but was a recluse in his older years. My uncle and I saw him at the Air and Space Museum in Dayton, OH.

Honestly, he is kind of a prick, but still one of my heroes. Even if he didn't want to talk to us. Or anyone for that matter.

A Engineer I know is obsessed with proving the moonlanding and how it never happened. He loved to go on long tirades and show youtube videos.

>with proving
disproving

They probably went to the moon, but the photos they released were probably staged on earth

If he uses the van allen belt as a pillar of his arguments, just point and laugh, then ask him if he thinks the ship took a straight path from earth's equator to the moon.

These curved line graphs always instill a light chuckle in me. It's 100% accurate though. Most of them are.

It was 100% faked by NASA Freemasons and Stanley Kubrick.

>Do you guys believe the Moon landing was real or faked? What evidence do you use to support your claim?

real. literal mountains of evidence available for you to sort through. 3rd party as well.

>Bonus points: Assuming it was real, do you think we will return to the Moon any time in the near future

yes. nations are competing, private entities are coming online. i see private probes on the moon in the next 5 years, and nations in the next 15. 99% will be automated or remotely operated using AI, robotics, and VR tech.

Take it easy, illuminati. You won't trick me that easily.

>mfw the lunar landing conspiracy was created by NASA and the US government to get the people arguing to throw their attention off of something else entirely.

It's real. Photos & rocks returned are evidence. People that say we didn't go have sparse and shoddy evidence backing their claims.

I don't think Americans will return until the Chinese scare us enough to make us go back.

>mfw the lunar landing conspiracy was created by NASA and the US government to get the people arguing to throw their attention off of something else entirely.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

>It's real. Photos & rocks returned are evidence.

I'm hoping you don't believe I was genuine with that. I am the OP of this thread, and I very much believe the Moon Landing was real.

I suppose it is difficult to detect sarcasm via type though, and double so if your post was in satire of my sarcasm.

>rocks returned are evidence
Those were earthly volcanic rocks painted moon color

This. Believing that the moon landing was faked necessarily requires believing that the entire cold war was an elaborate fakery.

they are when given to scientists around the world and confirmed not of this world.

Strictly science or tech speaking, going to the moon shouldn't be difficult with modern technology. So yes, humans went to the Moon. The only reason humans haven't gone back is because there's no reason to. The Moon is a dead rock.

isn't there a reflector on the moon you can bounce a laser off of?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_experiment

It was real.

Transmissions from the moon were being monitored by many people/agencies outside the US government and the soviets would have loved to have called it fake.

Plus pretty much everything regarding the design and flight history of every single mercury/gemini/apollo flight is readily accessible.

Except all of the space agencies around the world are on on it. They are ALL Freemasons. Look at the vector symbology in every single international space agency around the world.

youtube.com/watch?v=MxNk48lnA6o

Oh like the 99% of scientists who believe in man made climate change?

The Soviet Union didn't jump on the 'it was faked' bandwagon.
The launch, and the radio signals were detected from KGB spyships in multiple locations all over the sea. We knew for fact that the landing did occur, so only Soviets - or ex-Soviets, - who ever said that it was faked are the uneducated ones or thoshe tying the landing and the Union accepting it as an event that took place with some deals made later on.
Aka the autists who you see legitimately believing in every happening, just speaking in potato and having vodka for blood.

Real, the amount of people working on the Apollo projet is too high to keep such a conspiracy secret.

so many terrible conspiracy threads. please fuck off to /x

Almost literally every other thread on Sup Forums is half filled with guys sitting around in tinfoil hats with tape covering their laptop cameras.

That's pretty much what Sup Forums is buddy. At least I'm asking people to provide evidence to support their claims.

They never finished, it was expensive as fuck. That's why spacex is trying to make a reusable rocket.

It would have required thousands of people to be in on the conspiracy. They had to build a fully working rocket. At this point, its must easier to just go to the moon than pretend to do so.
Combined with the fact that Russians have never suggested it was fake, despite the huge incentive for them doing so is enough proof that it actually happened. The only people who genuinely believe it was faked are just cherry picking evidence while ignoring the huge amount of evidence against you.

>with tape covering their laptop cameras.
You're stupid as fuck if you don't do this, globalist conspiracies aside.

Exactly my point. Nice double dubs though, checked.

I don't use a laptop very often, so I don't have to worry about that. Even when I do, you can see a change in processing power, resource usage and electrical changes in real time on your computer.

If my camera just turned on out of nowhere I would know about it.

i did 20 years ago. not any more.

we have more technological capability in our microwaves, than there was on those lunar missions. and man was going up there seemingly every other week. to play rounds of golf, just piss about basically. now we have HD cams, and suddenly it's not viable? or it's too expensive? i don't buy it. i get that the cold war was going on, so there were reasons to fake it. but i can't force myself to believe it anymore.

it seems bizarre, since as a kid in the 1990s, i considered it a really archaic, easy thing to do. it's 2016, and putting man on the moon now seems like an amazing thing to try and do. imagine an HD live stream, instead of the string puppet show filmed with a potato, that amazed the world 50 years ago. but they won't do it. either because it's too risky, or because they don't have the technology, even now.

there is no reason to go to the moon mate. the US and the Russians were all obsessed about it because the Russians had put up Sputnik, and the launch vehicle that carried Sputnik could have been upgraded to launch a nuclear weapon to the US

it was a military endeavor, the astronauts were there playing golf and doing experiments to entertain the civilians, but the actual reason they went there was to refine space technologies so they could develop better ICBMs and other weapon technologies

the very launch vehicle that put Sputnik into space was already practically an ICBM ffs

there's no reason to go there anymore. if the chinese suddenly said they wanted to put a military outpost on mars, there would be another space race. but for now there is no reason to do that, so nobody is trying.

it's real. but we will not go there any time in the near future because space exploration is no longer a well funded venture done just for the sake of science and exploration, but for the sake of what possible profit or benefit it could have.

The moon isnt a very viable place to do anything because it has no atmosphere and has much lower gravity than Earth, while Mars is a much more attractive alternative because it has an atmosphere (even if we cant breathe it), and it's gravity is more in line with what we are used to. same goes for it's soil, which is more in line with something you could find out in the more arid regions of the US.

the moon only holds meme value because movies and media told us there SHOULD be a "moon base" of some sort, but thats it. Mars is much more conductive to terraforming and colonizing.

that said we wont go to mars soon either because it is way too far, which makes a lot of risks and possibilities for things to go wrong.

once we develop ftl travel, (if nasa's current shit ever bears actual fruit) then we might visit these places again, because it would take a fraction of the time.

I think we went and now have military moon bases

The main issue isn't availability of technology or ability to do so. Since the late 80's, and especially since 2005, NASA has been receiving less and less funding. It is expensive to put something in orbit, let alone all the way to the Moon and back. During the 60's/70's, the space administration had a lot more money to throw at whatever it wanted.

Hell, NASA can't even afford to keep the space shuttle anymore, hence why the last one was retired a few years ago.

Couple that with the fact that there is simply no benefit to having another manned mission the Moon currently that a rover or probe cant do for a fraction of the cost, and it's easy to see why we haven't been back in so long.

We were so adamant about it then only because during the height of the Cold War and the Space Race, America was losing. The Soviets put a man into space first. The Soviets put a satellite into orbit first. We couldn't let them claim first man on the Moon as well.

That was the only reason we went.

Shuttle would've saved money only in project. Due to new requirements for it the military posed in return for additional funding the result was very unsafe - as we all have seen, - horribly expensive, and was useless due to satellites shrinking, you simply didn't need that much of weight capability for most launches.
Additionally, original plan required the Shuttle to be easily repairable so a lot of launches could be done to try and get its money worth quicker. Result was, well, the shuttle required extensive repairs to it.
Sadly the union tried to copy it and while Buran was better in that it could've been autopiloted, and was cheaper, we still couldn't afford it.

pigeonsnest.co.uk/stuff/nasa-fakes-moon-landing.html

>A thread exists on two boards now (pol is the third)
Nigger, don't cross-board spam your shitty /x/ threads here.

>Sadly the union tried to copy it and while Buran was better in that it could've been autopiloted, and was cheaper, we still couldn't afford it.
the space shuttle had the capability to be completely remote controlled as well, it just needed a 20 foot long ~100 kg cable to connect various subsystems

the thing could already deorbit itself, rendezvous, etc. manual flight control with nobody in the craft required the cable.

Real. And not unless the commies start trying to build on it. Then we will return

Oh, I didn't know that.
But yeah, with cost of 450mln$ per launch Shuttle had little opportunity to save any money. Pity at that, it could've been a great use for space exploration.

Well if it makes you feel any better, it's only on two boards now including this one, and the board on /sci/ is a lot slower.

Also, this isn't an /x thing, friend. I. Asking for personal opinions to something considered by many to be very politically charged, and asking for evidence to support those opinions. I am not trying to redpill or bluepill anyone, and am not supporting or refuting anyone or their opinions.

Additionally, the Moon Landing and events leading to and resulting from it happened during the Cold War, one of the most politically active and heated periods in American and Russian history, combined. If this thread doesn't belong on Sup Forums, then ignore it and go back to every other thread debating Nazis or the Trump/Hillary debauchery.

Fake
- no dust when landing
- no crater when landing
- slow motion film

Denial is not a river in Africa, m8

It's hard to see who is more in denial though; those who claim the landing was real, or those who claim it was faked.

Both sides of the debate seem to be pretty passionate about their opinion, and refuse to see the other side in most cases.

yeah it was a pretty niche feature, IIRC the only real world use it had was to enable NASA to try to land an orbiter that was deemed not safe to be landed with crew in it, which probably wouldn't have happened anyway since standard procedure was to abort into the atlantic

honestly i don't know what they were thinking when they were planning the space shuttle. the only real advantage it had was that it could bring up large cargo, bring astronauts with it, and could stay in orbit for weeks without docking to anything else

it was an extremely niche role and they dumped massive amounts of money into it for no real goal, and due to the things not having ejection seats they killed 14 people when they blew up

they should have taken a hint from the russians and immediately pushed for an SLS/Orion type platform back in the 90s, it's sad they need to use the soyuz for manned missions now

>no dust when landing
there is no air in space to push it around
>no crater
last point
>slow motion footage
no answer to that

We went there, we found more than we expected and it's been covered up ever since.

We are going back at some point in to 2020's to try to compete with the eager Chinese.

When we will come to terms with whats there I don't know.

Pic related.

BINGO

That's an oddly specific image you have saved there.

People see these and generally misinterpret them. Too many people think the Stonehenge formation is supposed to be on the Moon in these patches, but it isn't. In the first one, the Moon is even visible above it, while the Stonehenge is on Earth in both patches.

Not sure why it's there for certain, but just wanted to make sure you weren't implying that the stone formations were intended to be viewed as being on the Moon.

I don't know which is a worse conspiracy. Faked moon landing or flat earth.

And yet there was dust in the footage of them jumping and running around the moon...

That's so sad. Gee mister I hope the US government starts sending you more than $20bn a year from now so you can buy the metals you need to go back. $20bn a year just isn't enough. Plz let me donate my shiny shekels for your admirable cause mister honourable scientist man!

All I know is the Jews are involved somehow

Funny how they both make sense when combined though, isn't it?

Allahu Akbar!
The U.S. must take Monroe Doctrine now.
The U.S. must withdraw American Forces from all Foreign Countries now.
Stop America's doing its all wars now!

I love American99% and the U.S.

China, Germany and Japan must loosen Germany's, Japan's and China's monetary policies now!
China, Germany and Japan must stimulate Germany's, Japan's and China's domestic demands now!
Japan and Germany must issue a lot of construction bond now!

Japan, Germany and China are evil empires.
Islamists' true enemies are Japan, Germany, China, top1%, Wall Street, American Military Industry and DOD!
Allahu Akbar!

In my personal opinion, Flat Earth is a much more deplorable conspiracy theory, although I generally believe both the flat Earth and faked Moon landing conspiracies are outlandish, not backed up by facts or science, and kind of ill thought out.

But the point of the thread is just to collect information on everyone's own opinions and the evidence they use to either support their claim or refute the opposing claim.

#1 piece of evidence that faggots should heed: Soviet Union, who had every intention to discredit us, did not question our landing. They knew, they could see.

#2, Shine your fucking laser. Buy the equipment to shine the laser and receive the reflection. Put your dirty fucking money where your filthy mouth is.

Also

KYS

>There's no wind in space,
There is solar wind

Checkmate dumb frogposter

Their problem was, they got insufficient funds.
They were given only 5bln to design it. They deemed it, again, unsifficient, so they went to military. The military posed the demands that pretty much killed it.
Original plan for it was this: 11 tons of useful weight to the orbit, 10mln$ - $ of that time, not current, - per launch. There was a plan to build a big station, so the shuttle could be used for supplying it.
The military, in exchange for 3bln$, demanded NASA give them 30% of launches, raise weight to 30 tons and enlarge the cargo bay for military satellites, along with enhancing a specific maneuver capability , up from 600 to 2000km.
All that made them drop the reusable stages part, lower safety, repairability, change the shape through adding bigger wings and generally making it bigger, raise the price... Result is what we know and have seen explode.

Because clearing orbit and landing on the moon are totally different

One conviently covers the others retardation?

You'd think flat earth would have been proven right by now with all the go pros and YouTube and someone eventually live broadcasting or peri scoping to the edge.

Nice dubs, bubs. Point one here should generally be all the proof needed, but it isn't material proof enough. I find it so absurd just hoe many people genuinely believe the Moon landing was faked.

I think you replied to the wrong thread there, buddy.

Pretty much this.

In all seriousness, i have questions about how
1) A vehicle as small as the lunar orbiter can actually contain enough fuel to perform it's mission.
and
2) How shielding that thin can protect the astronauts within as they traverse the Van Allen radiation belt.

1. Lots and lots of math concerning orbits and gravity and timing

2. You are just passing through not living in it. The gold foiling is plenty enough to deflect many of the charged particles.