Is there any better example of a movie based on a cartoon ?

Is there any better example of a movie based on a cartoon ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6E5m_XtCX3c
youtube.com/watch?v=loqYlYqtsmY
youtube.com/watch?v=0rfHoFU_AUs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That depends. Are we only talking about movies with theatrical releases?

>that soundtrack

The Regular Show, Simpsons, Rugrats, and Chipmunk films were pretty fucking cool if I remember quickly. But Spongebob is the best of them all.

>not linking to it
youtube.com/watch?v=6E5m_XtCX3c

Doesnt need to be but if its theathers it often means that the production value is higher

This is the only contender I can think of.

Then I guess I'd say Ed Edd n' Eddy's Big Picture Show was much better than Spongebob's movie. It's pretty rare for a cartoon to have such a satisfying conclusion.

Just gonna post some more good ones.

>Class of 3000 will never air the full length musical that was no doubt planned

This one should be appreciated for the Cinema Rules alone.
youtube.com/watch?v=loqYlYqtsmY

Another one with a great intro, courtesy of Voltaire.
youtube.com/watch?v=0rfHoFU_AUs

Shit: The Musical

I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you but objectively, the SpongeBob movie actually wasn't good. You only think it is because you remember seeing it in the theaters as a kid, and either haven't seen it since, or you have and didn't watch it objectively like an adult and are lying to yourselves.

The SpongeBob Movie was poorly written, poorly VA'd, looked bad, was stupid, and was all around a disgrace compared to the first three seasons - which stand up perfectly to objective watching, unlike the movie.

wtf i hate the spongebob movie now

>poorly written, poorly VA'd
The plot was generic, that's right, but it wasn't poorly written. Also, why poorly VA'd?

kys

waving my dick in the wind is better than ocean man.

Nah, the movie is pretty hilarious, even now. Seen in multiple times since I originally saw it in theaters, some of the jokes are only enhanced with age.

mutilated lips > ocean man > dick song

Even though this sounds like the buttmad ranting of a contrarian, I kind of agree. The movie is incredibly overrated here on Sup Forums. I was a big fan of early Spongebob, but lost interest by the time the movie came out and never saw it. Finally watched it last summer, and while I can't say it was bad in the way you declare it to be, it was pretty... "meh".

The music and the bits with Hasselhoff were pretty great, though. Certainly in line with the show's standard of humor at the time. Overall, I think my disinterest in the film is just what happens when you take any cartoon meant for 11-minute episodes and stretch it to feature length. It might have made a better hour long special...

Mask of the Phantasm. Detective story + unique spin on origin that supports detective story. No guff, no filler. Just an entertaining Batman mystery for the entire runtime.

>You only think it is because you remember seeing it in the theaters as a kid
I was 27 years old when Out of Water came tho.

Came here to post this.

>plot was generic
>but the movie wasn't poorly written

Agreed

I also love Mollusk and She Wants To Leave

>but it wasn't poorly written
Yes it was, unless you consider "boring, unfunny, cheap humor aimed solely at 8 year olds and dumb soccer moms" good writing.

>Also, why poorly VA'd?
This was the start of Tom Kenny starting to do a shit job on SpongeBob's voice, it's just sounds horrendous. He probably started phoning it in once he realized SpongeBob's best days were in the past.

The fuck are you on about? A generic plot can still be well-written. They're not the same thing at all.

I suppose this is what happens when you let a board full of manchildren who still watch cartoons start to think that they can actually critique anything.

You forgot to take these off, that or you were literally 1 when you "saw" it in theaters, in which case, leave

>we're gonna kill you eddy
>my brother beats me
>we love you eddy

Wrong.

>production value upped from nothing to nothing

pretty sure it costs pennies to make that movie

>The fuck are you on about? A generic plot can still be well-written. They're not the same thing at all.
Most people don't consider generic, unfunny, boring, lazy pieces of crap "well written" unless there's truly a special something there that actually literally makes it well written. If you think the SpongeBob Movie has that you are absolutely delusional. Yes it has a few moments here and there but they make up less than an 11 minute episode.

>I suppose this is what happens when you let a board full of manchildren who still watch cartoons start to think that they can actually critique anything.
And here we have a perfect example of why The SpongeBob Movie is still considered "good": most of these "people" have an emotional connection to the movie. They are willing to accept that such a good memory of theirs was actually based on shit, and them having shit taste. So they all circlejerk about the movie on the internet as a sort of coping mechanism so they can stay in denial (because they're not in denial if everyone else "agrees" on the internet, right?) about the fact that the movie was actually terrible.

Meanwhile those of us who aren't emotionally weak and who are intelligent and capable of viewing things objectively can agree that the SpongeBob movie is extremely overrated and a poor excuse for a good movie, especially one containing the SpongeBob name.

I don't think the SpongeBob movie was based on SpongeBob. I think it was SpongeBob.

>unless you consider "boring, unfunny, cheap humor aimed solely at 8 year olds and dumb soccer moms" good writing.
>Cartoon's humor aimed solely at 8 year olds

It was less about Eddy's brother being a violent psychopath and more about Eddy giving a sincere apology for the stuff he did in the past and finally admitting he's just an insecure prick who's desperate for acceptance.

the mastodon song is the production value.