I like Kuder but I just don't care

>Kuder
D R O P P E D

why is groot a baby?

The interview was pretty interesting

I'll give this a look

Because movie

Because the movie.

Well... it's not Bendis, but there's nothing in that interview that really grabbed me. Still, gonna give it a chance.

Rocket looks weird
Baby Groot is there for obvious reasons
I like Star Lord's look, but not for Star Lord.

I honestly liked it better when Bendis just dumped his favorite characters on the team than this forced movie line up

And wasn't Star-Lord stuck on Earth? That lasted a whole week

Forced movie lineup means we'll probably get Mantis back on the team, which will be rad.

I really liked the guardians of the galaxy movie, could anyone pass me a link for the comic?

>Royal family back in space
>Rich is back and Sam actually being allowed to leave the planet in his stories
>gotg back in space
>Ultimates 2 hopefully wont die
>Starlin is doing another thing
>Gamora and Thanos have solos
They seem to be gearing up for a big cosmic event or actually trying to revive the cosmic line.

>Duggan
Everything turned out better than expected!

Bendis tried to strand them on earth but I guess Marvel decided to not let that stick. Besides the whole not having a ship thing was a paper thin excuse.

I hope she keeps the redesign

SYNERGY user

Them being stranded on Earth is only for the duration of Bendis' Grounded arc, which is his final arc. This is after it's over and they go back to space.

They killed and regrew him to match his movie look

OOGA OOGA

Well, the big cosmic event is Eternity War which will probably be the 2018 summer event, but that aside, it does look like we're finally entering something of a new cosmic renaissance. Every decade usually has one period of really good cosmic comics and up until now, the 2010s had been lacking that period.

>he had much better ideas for Ben on Earth
Did Bendis get confirmed for FF and I wasn't told?

he's got doom, ben and ultimate reed
it's coming

Synergy

I like Duggan. For all the doomsaying we've been doing around here I think he's a solid choice.

I LOVE this look. Classic Star-Lord minus the jacket, Conquest with it. Easily the best costume he's had in years, 10/10. And it actually looks better when Anka's not overdetailing it!

It grabbed me more than any other GOTG-related interview I've read for the past four years. Especially the stuff about going weirder and weirder. So I'm in. Fingers crossed.

I don't mind the movie lineup but I wish Adam Warlock would come back and round up Gamora and Drax for a new Infinity Watch so the GOTG can go back to being the bottom barrel cosmic rejects.

For all the shit Bendis has done I actually like the idea of Cosmo's security force being fleshed out with existing characters and becoming the Knowhere Corps.

Bendis being in charge of the inevitable Fantastic Four relaunch is an inevitability, user. It's the only major Marvel franchise that Bendis has never touched, and he's already got Doom, Ben and Maker under his thumb. Also when asked on tumblr if he would ever want to write fantastic four, he said "no one that's ever read a comic book doesn't want to write fantastic four."

Duggan also indicates that the Nova Corps is coming back.

OH SHIT WE FINALLY OFF NAMEK?!

>All this butthurt about the comic visually reflecting the eleventy billon dollar movie coming out.

Well, we're ALMOST off Namek.

My only real problem was Star-Lord's costume, and I actually really like this one. It's not as good as DnA/Giffen or the SW: IG looks, but it's still pretty good. I couldn't stand the trench coat look.

So he just needs a token female

kitty

Well, I hate the designs and art and baby Groot BUT it's Duggan so I'm gonna give it a shot.

Well, I love most of Duggan's work on Deadpool and Uncanny Avengers, so I might give this a shot, even with the awful art.

Baby Groot is blatant synergy, but whatever, maybe he can give a good reason for it in the story.

Some things I found interesting.

>It's a different era in the Marvel cosmic universe. There hasn't been a Nova Corps in a long time, and we're going to find out that that has caused some problems. Pretty quickly, we'll find that there are new sheriffs in town. As the Nova Corps gets reconstituted out there, it's going to present us with fun opportunities to get these guys into a lot of trouble. That's another of our goals, to always to be putting them into trouble.

Nova corps getting reconstituted? Sign me up. Wondering if the Nova book will touch on this.

>So, I think it's fun to be able to reintroduce some of these new stories that we're telling, that have some DNA (no pun intended) from our predecessors. It feels really fun going through Marvel Unlimited, re-reading a lot of the great cosmic stories that I remember from a kid, the things that I loved about the Nova Corps, and being able to find places and jobs that the Nova Corps would love to have done but that are a little too dirty for the Nova Corps.

>There are going to be whole pieces of space that don't recognize the Nova Corps, and they have their own law. The Shi'ar have the Raptors and why are they less legitimate than the Nova Corps? Depending on what quadrant you’re in, that’s a complicated space in ways that make it feel like a cool little Western. Those will be really fertile places to tell stories. The hints of that in the Free Comic Book Day story. You'll see that it's a little bit more complicated than we've seen.

I kinda liked the fraternity of raptors, so that's gonna be neat.

Bendis is a terrible choice to write fantastic four. on the plus side, he can write the family sitting around chilling out........and on the minus side, FF is about crazy ideas and exploring the multiverse. And Bendis can't write anything not based in New York City.

>Kuder
>Awful
Shit taste senpai

Men with no taste.

GIB ME BACK MAH FUCKIN PHYLA VELL

>By Duggan and Kuder
Yay!

>I discussed with Brian [Michael Bendis] the possibility of Ben being a pilot and sticking around, but he had much better ideas for Ben on Earth. I was very happy to say goodbye to Ben, but you're going to get to see more cool new things and more cool new characters because we've said goodbye to some of those other characters that I know are fan favorites, like Agent Venom and Ben.

Plans for Ben? Uh oh. Hopefully he just means Infamous Iron Man, not a new Bendis written F4 book.
And it makes me happy that he still calls Flash Agent Venom instead of Spaceknight or just Venom.

I dunno, most of his art is fine, but his faces can be pretty bad.

>not a new Bendis written F4 book.

Oh you're getting a new FF book. But it's going to be Ben Grimm, Johnny Storm, Kitty Pride and Jessica Jones.

Oh my god dudes I'm salivating a bit right now, I can't even help it. Duggan seems.like he really gives a shit about the Cosmic setting and wants to really utilize its potential as a backdrop. Not just daddy issue space avengers.

>MUH FACES
Christ, not this cancer again.

Marvel Cosmic should be metaphysical and trippy to go along with the space opera adventure stories. Ewing+Duggan is a solid team to be running the Cosmic show.

>no ass with back shot
I feel cheated

Dear god please no
Bendis simply cant write smart Reed, or any smart person for that matter

Uggggh, I hate what has become of the GOTG. They used to be such a big group, and now it's "Get thrown in jail and break out"

Oh my god, at this point even regular people have to know about the intentional SYMETRY right?

Man, I'm starting to see why they are reluctant to add more to the GotG in the movies.

We'd have four green aliens like this

SPIDER-MAN!
KITTY PRYDE!
JESSICA JONES!
LUKE CAGE!

ft. Ben Grim and IRONHEART!

Be ready for the All-New All-Different Fantastic Four! Next summer by Brian Michael Bendis!

Why did gotg and ironman get hit with SYNERGY so much harder than anyone else?

>The Shi'ar have the Raptors
Oh god. He's going to continue this godawful storyline?

Eh, bloated roster was always one of the most common complaints about DnA's run here on Sup Forums. I don't mind a smaller cast if it means tighter focus.

I do wish they'd either make Drax and Gamora important or give em the boot. But I don't see that happening.

DAMMIT THIS IS THE ONLY CREATIVE TEAM THAT WOULD PULL ME IN.

>phyla will be a little child in Cap Marvel movie
>moondragon and cammi characters will be fused in the MCU
>synergy will revive phyla as a little child and moondragon will be de-aged somehow
>LOLI LESBIANS IN SPACE!

This post just reeks of a guy who survived days of dehydration and is staring at a glass of sewer water.

Literally "I'll Take What I Can Get": The Post.

Guardians were fucking nobodies before the movies.
Once people saw the movie and liked them, they got full SYNERGY to entice people to read the comics.

B-But that's actually how it started...

I wouldn't mind much if they used characters other than the movie line up.

I didn't know doom is iron man in the movies.

Guardians were literally who's.

Iron Man barely had a personality aside of being a drunkfuck.

It's really only GOTG and it's because they had never been a franchise before the movie. Yeah the Avengers weren't Batman popular but they still had a presence in other media and merch.

The Guardians had nothing. No cartoons, no video games, zilch. So the movie provided a very convenient anchor to shape a franchise around. We're only now seeing writers who give enough of a shit to try and reconcile all the different interpretations together.

You should've seen Star-Lord's #1 storytime.

Shit's sad.

Nah, you were in the moment benis was out.

What?

What was bad about it?

I'd rather not.

Weren't we all?

He's blonde and is on Earth, that's triggering the fuck out of some DnA casuals.

No, some have standards.

>Sup Forums
Nice joke.

It wasn't bad. It was actually decent, but people were treating it like they found the holy grail.

Cosmicfags are desperate.

I like Zdarsky.

I don't know what part of my post was unclear to you. I think most of us with sanity can agree that the current state of Marvel is terrible. ESPECIALLY current cosmic Marvel.

But then you have posts like yours here or this guy here SALIVATING over complete mediocrity. You folks sincerely think there's any hope of Marvel improving themselves with the current administration. It's cringe-tastic.

You gotta stop taking comic books and chinese finger painting forums so seriously.

Nah, seeing Duggan writing a cosmic team book hooked me.
ditto.

Ewww

You're kind of a fag for whining about people being excited for a book.

Well they can't use Bug for some reason so he was never going to be in one of the movies

Buddy, you like zdarsky. Don't act like you have standards.

You joke but Luke Cage WAS a member of the FF for like one issue

Alright Sup Forums, they mentioned they're gonna introduce more members of the team.

If you had it your way, and had to add someone to the team who's never been on it before, who would you add?

My vote goes for this guy, especially since Duggan brought up the fraternity of raptors showing up

Phyla and Dick Rider (because the actual Nova book won't draw a single space credit)

>Duggan
Yay, not Bendis
>Baby Groot = Move Synergy
Boo

>Phyla
>never been on the team before
What?

>reply to a post asking "what"
>"lol you mad"

My bad. I didn't read all of your post.

>Kuder
Fuck
>Duggan
Fuck yeah

Fuck Phyla, bring back Genny. Genis-Vell is 10x more interesting than that sad sack of shit he calls an alt-reality whatever the fuck abortion of a rug munching sister.

>Drax costume
J U S T
U
S
T

>Fuck Phyla
In an instant!

I feel like Duggan would bring in ROM if he could.
Perchance to dream...

This team and the designs were waaaaaaaay too cool for Bendis' run.
I hope they stick around aND are explored more.
Also hope their team design isn't ruined

You can always tell when someone doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about when the only complaint about art they have is "muh faces."

>GD: They are back in space after "Grounded.” I don't have to do a lot of legwork to introduce these characters because of not just the films but the great work that Brian Michael Bendis, DnA (Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning) and their collaborators have done.
>Brian Michael Bendis
>Great work

lmao......
lmao...
lmaolmao...
lmaolmaolmaofm;lsadf

>No Richard Rider
Thank God, only team he should joinbis the Ultimates.

Thatvsaid it might be decent with Duggan but that art is ducking horrible.

>Dick Rider on Ultimates
I need this

You don't take over a book and then go and openly shit talk the previous writer, its much more courteous to pay your respects and then quietly retcon all of their bullshit within the first arc.