Homer is 36 in the original Simpsons

>Homer is 36 in the original Simpsons
>This means he had a secure job and pregnant wife at 26

wtf i hate baby boomers now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NpJDkWDO5RY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dude how do you not have a job and SO at 26?

He's still 36 so he's Gen X now

... I have a secure job and a pregnant wife, and I'm 27, user.

God damn he looks like he's at least in his 40's.

Poor life decisions and social skills.

In a few years Homer will be a millennial...

As of the 90's episode they're considered to be early/mid 40's

Isn't a Millennial 1982? So then next year..

Wait wait, he's supposed to be 39 now right? That was stated at some point.

I think that was post season 9 so he's 36 in my head canon
I hope he was 39 during the golden age because I'm 24, going on 25 in October, so that least that will give me a few more months being closer to Bart's age than Homers

You're 27 and having baby, user why?

youtube.com/watch?v=NpJDkWDO5RY

yeah, that is a life killer in this day and age

my parents had me during the 80s, when everything was affordable and you could pay for shit.

i wouldn't do dumb shit like that until i was like 35 and more set with money and such. no one can pay for shit like a house/car/kids/etc with todays payrates of minimum wage.

and no, i don't believe that you are 27 and are "financially secure". your fucking lying or your from money.

I have a secure wife and a pregnant 27 and I'm user, Job.

Stuck my dick in crazy when I was 17

Then I married it

She wants a kid

And I kinda want one too

Someone kill me

Cause I can, I have a great support system of family and friends around me and I can afford it, so why not?

Fuck off Normie

Kissless virgin at 18, wtf do I do

Get the hell out of there

It's not that difficult.

Why not just kill yourself and put the blame on her?

Uh, I'm 21 and married with a kid in the way. I work as a pest control technician which is a pretty stable job making around 36k a year.

Could be worse.

still in poortown usa
hope your wifey works

She does, thanks for asking friendo. I just need this job till My Comics take off

18's nothing if you're going to college. Lost all my virginities ALL of them freshman year and I wasn't even trying. I just realized a girl I was volunteering at the animal shelter with was fun so I asked her out. If you actually try, there is no way you won't be able to lose virginity in college.

>wife and kid at 36k
Does your wife work too or do you live somewhere cheap? Been apartment hunting and I have found exactly 2 apartments within an hour of my prospective job that are under 1k a month.

Please do not bring a child into your horrible fucked up life of poor decision making.

>I will give up my freedom to maintain an ungrateful little shit and throw away my youth just because I can
You call m8

Not like marrying her was your choice or anything, right?

I'm 27 and make a ton of money at the moment but I wouldn't call myself "financially secure". This entire country is on the verge of toppling over again, especially with the orange retard in charge. Also, I don't see how the fuck anyone who isn't rich can afford a decent house. I make six figures and the sheer amount of money involved is still jaw-dropping to me. So how the hell is the average American affording a god damn house? I'm convinced the economy only functions by morons going into credit card debt, because otherwise it makes no fucking sense.

>2017
>being a father before 40

wew.
I mean, I get if you're a woman. You need to have kids earlier so they don't come out retarded or have some other fuck up.

There is literally no reason to kill off your life so early with children if you're a man.
Have some goddamn fun, explore the world.

>making around 36k a year

How the fuck do you afford to even breathe, let alone feed a child?

It wasn't a secure job and Marge was knocked up

This guy is either tall or attractive.

>Liberal millenial doesn't understand finances
Pottery. Yes, you have to go into debt in order to buy a house. Did you wait until you had 20,000 dollars handy to buy your new car? The bank will take the money you are paying them and give it to other people who want to buy houses.

I'm 25 and my parents just paid their mortgage off 2 years ago.

you need study six (or more) years for STEM degree + PhD for get decent job. Homer get Nuclear Safety Inspector at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant when he only have high-school diploma.

>Yes, you have to go into debt in order to buy a house.

I'm not talking about that you fucking clown. I'm talking about the blowing $40k of savings just to get the loan in the first place, and then the mortgage + taxes + utilities that ends up costing as much as rent for a luxury apartment. It's fucking insane. If it was just going into debt that would be no big deal.

Did you actually think I wasn't aware of the existence of home loans? Were you aware that you have to save up dozens of thousands of dollars before they'll give you the loan?

>you need study six (or more) years for STEM degree + PhD for get decent job

You can make decent money in construction with no degree. You just have to be cool with the very real possibility of being crippled or dying at any moment.

>You're 27 and having baby

This is why millennials are hated. They are obsessed with be teens forever, they can be +35 years old and still in teen mindset.

"I dont want marriage and children, i dont like responsibility "

"I dont want a job, i want a universal basic income because i am lazy"

Pretty much what happened to a friend of mine. Now his wife has three kids, one of which is his, and both pretty much hate the other.

he's been variously stated ages throughout the show

sometimes it's higher, sometimes it's lower

it's not important (any more than it's important that he and marge were apparently together for years before she got pregnant, even though it's pretty clearly implied they were still in their late teens when bart was conceived)

Bart Simpson born in 1979, he should have ten years in Tracey Ullman shorts.

and construction ends in your 30s if you're not also paying for your own continuing training, otherwise you're just doing grunt work and your body gives out

the flipside of that is that the higher your rate and the more specialized your work the less employment there is for you specifically, so you're not necessarily going to make more money as you age, just get more time off

the value of your investments can go down as well as up

negative equity isn't included in your parents' generation's worldview because outside of a few areas their generation hasn't had to deal with it, but it's very much going to be a problem for you

paying off a loan knowing you overpaid is no fun at all

PhD's just get bigger debts

grad school is where the bigger opportunities are, but it's not guaranteed higher earnings, just like everything else in life

STEM is just as likely to land you in a dead-end coding job that pays as well as the call centers the arts grads end up in

fact is, high-paying jobs have always been quite rare, and as the difference between the highest and lowest incomes increases, those high-rollers get even rarer

we can't all be millionaires after all, unless Trump just gives away a million dollarydoos to every US citizen (which would cause all kinds of other problems, but still leave him a billionaire and, for all of 10 minutes, the US the richest nation on earth and reversing its position on immigration)

by season 1-2 he is stated as ten, lisa is stated 8

so 89-90, bart was born 79-80 and lisa 81-82

but THEN we have the amazing episode "that 90s show" that made homer and marge not being highschool teens in the 70s, but the 90s

That's really the best you've got, huh?

This is the truth. The problem isn't so much the lack of high paying jobs but the increasingly shrinking pool of jobs that pay a living wage and don't simultaneously require a ton of debt or perfect record or luck or quality with scholarships, or like a decade of experience/clever workplace hop-scotching to get to. It's even worst because of the deflated value of college degrees and the student loan bubble propping that up, causing desperate people to cling to shit jobs like hell.

>virginities ALL of them
Damn, you lost your anal virginity?

Every orifice for that user probably.

>You should do things that you don't want to because...
Also
>le universal basic income is for the lazy
It's so that the people who are unable to find a job/unlucky in getting one won't starve to death.

When The Simpsons started, I was Bart's age. Now I'm older than Homer.

It's more like
>I don't want marriage and children, I like freedom.

I'm a 30 year old kissless virgin. Only recently fell into a potentially well-paying line of work. I've been living off just over 9k/yr for 9 years though. So I don't need much to live well. Pretty much given up on dating. If nobody's dated me before this moment it's not like the chances are going to increase as I get even older. I've missed my window.

Almost the same. Close to 27 without prospective relationships (though not really in an area to kick off that kind of thing). Just now getting some better pay with technical writing. These things take time.

First off no job is secure, and anyone can have a kid, it's not exactly difficult to figure out.

Settling down and being responsible are within everyone's reach, but a lot of times it comes down to decisions and people don't always like the choices they have to make. Some people choose poorly, and others just don't choose at all. It doesn't mean they're bad at life, it just means they're human.

And since everyone else is sharing,
>29
>$45k/year
>Mortgage a home, with other debt
>Married, but taking precautions to avoid having kids until we're ready. If it happens, it happens.

I went to college for four years, but didn't get the degree I wanted. I did pick up some skills I could have learned in high school and applied them to my entry-level work and got promoted. People like a problem solver.

And up until switching jobs a few months ago we were living paycheck to paycheck with $200 in savings, and I'm only making $5k more a year now. Made some changes and doing a lot better. It's all about decisions.

My parents had secure jobs, a kid, and a custom built house at 23. By the time I was born, my mom retired early to raise us, and things were still great. Of course that all fell apart when we moved, the recession hit, and now my dad is stuck in a call center because he's too expensive to hire in his field (he would take a paycut, it's the people hiring that won't pull the trigger), while my mom works retail in her late 50's.

I'm sitting here at 29, my wife and I both work full time in dead-end jobs (while our degrees gather dust), with a roommate, and we live paycheck to paycheck. Shit sucks for a lot of people these days.

Fuck that episode so fucking much.

Hank Hill is only 34.

Nigga you're not a teenager at 35, but you're still young, i have a stable job im 28 why the fuck my gf would want a baby if we can spent our money in stuff we like?

In some episodes he's 34.

However, Barney (according to his film festival movie) is 40. Though Barney repeating several years of high school might easily explain that.

Does it count if she just put her finger in ya bum?

Your mom wiping your infant ass does not count as sex.

you realize Homer being dangerously under qualified for an important job like Nuclear Safety Inspector is the joke right?
come on Grimmy
also if it makes you feel better Homer has been retconned to 46 since that 90s show

because user, your SUPPOSED TO HAVE A CHILD BY NOW!

if your 30+ without a child, you might as well kill yourself because your making your parents sad.

it's commonly accepted by 35 having a baby has more possibilities of birth defects and autism, and just gets worse every 5 years or so
so people generally want to start a family before then, especially if they want to have more than 1 kid
also it's just better to have kids when you're young so you can do things with them
but to be honest you should only have kids over replacement value if you're white or East Asian, no mixes though

since when is 27 still early to have a kid?
i can understand people confused about people having kids in their early 20s
but once you're reaching your late 20s and have a committed relationship you should start thinking about it

>It's so that the people who are unable to find a job/unlucky in getting one won't starve to death.
to bad these are the kind of people having kids and not people who have jobs

Shit kids are created by shit parents user
If you really think a child is nothing but a leach then i'm pretty glad you won't ever have children
But children raised by good people who actually want to raise a kid create better people for the future
Your definiton of freedom is porbably shitposting a lot while doing some shitty wage slave job, people want to raise kids because it's a rewarding experience for them and they are creating new life
Kids won't be ungrateful if you make sure to raise them, everyone was a kid once
Also giving up your "youth"? You're not a teenager forever fag, you get older regardless, you're gonna look back on life and want to have done things early no matter what you do. Some people wished they wanted a kid earlier so they would have wanted to do more stuff with them.

Sadly instead we got worthless people having more kids than they can afford, expect to get free money because of them, and frequently abuse their kids

I thought his age is always 32-38.

If he had Bart at 26, it's good he didn't have him too young. Seriously, people shouldn't be allowed to have kids until their late twenties/early thirties.

And they really hate you for not accomplishing the same shit at the same age user.

fuckin lazy ass millennial looking for a handout....

They are going to have to stop with the Viet Nam stuff with Skinner.

In a few years he can be an Iraq War vet instead.

Gulf War Vet

Remember seeing some commentary one of the season DVDs with Groening joking ab out how people are always so surprised at how young Homer is. So they started putting that joke in the show.

wouldn't work, Skinner's thing is he is incredibly uptight and a little insane because he was a pow for a few years.

Why don't you get plastic surgery and turn yourself into a 10/10?